It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Clashes ... Iranian Police overwhelmed by protesters[NEW VIDEO JUN 21]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I really wish the Iranian people well in their fight to get their voices heard.

This goes to show no matter what oppression is put on any of us, whether that be political, religious or economic, when the people choose no one can force us to live under that oppression.

All power lies in our hands ultimately.

Our votes are powerful if we believe strongly enough in what we are voting for.

It is truly wonderful to see people taking their votes back when the politicians have corrupted them.

In this case it was vote rigging, but too often all of us in many countries around the world, especially in our supposed western and superior democracies, we see our votes being disregarded when the politicians implement policies that we did not vote for or did not support.

Unfortunately voter apathy allows these politicians to get away with it.

We should all learn from the Iranian peoples example.

A particular issue coming up in my own country (Ireland) is the forcing of our populace to re vote on the EU Lisbon treaty which we have already democratically voted down.

Now we are going to be forced to vote again as the powers that be didn't like our first answer. Luckily we were the only country in the EU given to actual right to a referendum on this issue.

Hopefully, like the Iranian people we will say no, we had our vote and gave our answer and we will not have our votes overturned because the powers that be do not like our answer.

Long live the power of the people!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by count66
I really wish the Iranian people well in their fight to get their voices heard.

This goes to show no matter what oppression is put on any of us, whether that be political, religious or economic, when the people choose no one can force us to live under that oppression.

All power lies in our hands ultimately.

Especially when we act on one accord... Even though there are many different reasons for each of the individuals in these throngs, they all have a common goal....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well I just came across a video, haven't heard news of this yet.
Warning, disturbing video below.

Iran Helocopter Gasses Protestors

Wow. I've heard that Iran's cops could be cruel. But man...

[edit on 6/21/2009 by Slash]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The goal is to get the other pres. in power. And everyone fighting there has this goal, In my eyes this is a revolution.

Which majority of Iranians conveyed this to you personally or committed this to writing in a legal binding document?

In my eyes this is a demonstration by a political party, unhappy that another political party won an election. They are not calling for the overthrow of the Islamic Revolutionary Government but demonstrating against the electoral outcome of one politician to it.

That's not a revolution. The President in Iran does not hold the bulk or the most important powers.

It's a theocracy at it's uppermost levels of government and a democracy at it's middle and lower levels of government, providing those who run for office swear allegiance to and uphold the policies of the governing theocracy.

I haven't heard any significant political outcry from the Iranians themselves to overthrow the actual theocracy in charge and that would constitute a revolution.

I do see some questionable western interests trying to transform it into a revolution for THEIR not the Iranian peoples agenda.

But hey Kool Aide is cheaper than Coca Cola so what the heck have another glass and keep pretending!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
Well I just came across a video, haven't heard news of this yet.
Warning, disturbing video below.

Iran Helocopter Gasses Protestors

Wow. I've heard that Iran's cops could be cruel. But man...

This doesn't look to be "lethal" gas as the poster at liveleak assumes... This looks, and sounds, like the gas they gave us in Boot camp... horrible.... green stuff coming out of your nose kinda stuff... But I wouldn't call it lethal...

Don't touch your eyes guys!

According to this video this occurs after the video I posted originally happens...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah, I don't think it's lethal my self. Just gotta keep watching the news and see what comes up.
I think you're right that this video came after the one you posted. Scary stuff for those people.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of G8 protests.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In order to understand what is really going on in Iran and elsewhere at all times, read this short article. Here is described the relationship between the authorities and slaves. The real agenda is very simple. This is without historical or political coloring.

All human history is the result of this idea's work.

en.wikipedia.org...

Young Spartan men who had completed their training at the agoge with such success that they were marked out as potential future leaders, would be given the opportunity to test their skills and prove themselves worthy of the Spartan military tradition through participation in the krypteia.

Every autumn, according to Plutarch (Life of Lycurgus, 28, 3–7), the Spartan ephors (classical Greek Ἔφοροι) would pro forma declare war on the helot population so that any Spartan citizen could kill a helot without fear of blood guilt.

Unarmed, the kryptes were sent out into the countryside with the instructions to kill any helot they encountered at night and to take any food they needed. This could be used to remove any helots considered troublesome and provide the young men with a manhood test and experience of their first kill.

Such brutal oppression of the helots permitted the Spartans to control the agrarian population and devote themselves to military practice. It may also have contributed to the Spartans' reputation for stealth.

Now, there may be various stories and "civilization's layers" to hide this essence, but in situations where the confrontation has come face to face, the "masks" fall off and the true nature of the cryptic authority is revealed.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I remember listen to a few of Alan Watt's podcasts back in February and I distinctly remember him saying that there would be 'summer riots'. In fact, the newspapers were even pushing the idea of summer riots.

I guess the man was right on the money

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
BBC Caught In Mass Public Deception With Iran Propaganda
News corporation uses photo from pro-Ahmadinejad rally, claims it represents anti-government protest

The BBC has again been caught engaging in mass public deception by using photographs of pro-Ahmadinejad rallies in Iran and claiming they represent anti-government protests in favor of Hossein Mousavi. An image used by the L.A. Times on the front page of its website Tuesday showed Iranian President Ahmadinejad waving to a crowd of supporters at a public event. In a story covering the election protests yesterday, the BBC News website used a closer shot of the same scene, but with Ahmadinejad cut out of the frame. The caption under the photograph read, 'Supporters of Mir Hossein Mousavi again defied a ban on protests'. The BBC photograph is clearly a similar shot of the same pro-Ahmadinejad rally featured in the L.A. Times image, yet the caption erroneously claims it represents anti-Ahmadinejad protesters. See the screenshots below (click to enlarge).

LINK

PS: Looking at the bigger picture prevents the success of covert hypnosis propaganda techniques, which always and repeatedly try to focus the targets attention upon ONE THING, ONE IDEA, ONE ATROCITY...usually one filled with intense emotion LINK

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

YAAAAAAAA!!!! these videos give me an adrenaline rush and goose bumps man YAAAAAA. Absofhukehnlutely awesome to see this young adults take control of their destiny and fight against oppression.

Keep it up, never surrender!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hm...that video reminds me of something..

Oh right!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow that's a powerful video, lost for words. Video speaks for itself - turning into full blown revoltion leading to civil war if the army intervenes

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that it's too early to know what the hell is going on.

The Iranians know that they are on the world stage which I think goes a long way to explain the subdued response. It's also as a poster above mentioned- there's always a chance the Guard will turn on the government.

I don't really see this going anywhere until they open fire on the crowds and at some point I believe the Ayatollahs will do just that. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

It will be interesting to see where it ends. I hope the people win but even if they do I have to wonder what they've won. There's still Israel to deal with at some point and I don't hold out any hope that whoever takes the leadership helm in Iran will be pleasing to them.

I guess that I'm just afraid that a lot of good people are going to die for no reason. Or at least not enough of a reason to die for.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

YAAAAAAAA!!!! these videos give me an adrenaline rush and goose bumps man YAAAAAA. Absofhukehnlutely awesome to see this young adults take control of their destiny and fight against oppression.

Keep it up, never surrender!

Adrenaline is great isn't it? It shuts down parts of the frontal lobes responsible for compassion and conscience, making doing whatever it takes for the organism to survive easier.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wouldnt that be awesome if North Korea did that too!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just started new thread where Iranian guardian council admits that over 100% voter turnout in some areas, therefore admitting election results a sham.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wonder how far this will go? I wonder if the opposition will come out and call for the all the people to all stand up against the corrupt elections results of the current government. You can bet the CIA are already inside there pushing for this. If so then I wonder how long before they ask for outside help, and we see the US military start taking out targets in Iran leading to war. After all, the US has considered bombing their nuke program, but didn't want to start a war over this which Iran declared it would.
This is a much better excuse to get in, rid Iran of the nukes and get the current government out. What better way to justify this then approval from the people themselves to help remove the current regime?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Looks like a loving game of catch between a caring govt and their populous. He he, ha ha. Seriously, good for them, I for one am proud for them.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boostah
Wouldnt that be awesome if North Korea did that too!!!!

They probably would if they had access to mainstream media whether it be internet, news papers or other news stations.

But one can only hope whether it be Korea or Iran these people can come to a peaceful conclusion.

With Iran you would think at this point they would just say screw it and have another election. I mean really with that many people going nuts over it at the very least it would bring the protests down for the leadership to regroup.

Someone was saying that their elected official doesn't have that much power. If that's the case I don't see why the real people with/in power don't just have another election. If he's just a spokesman for Iran and has no real power then the people who do have the power would just feed him to the crowds and place someone else in his spot.

Heck they could kill him blame it on a heart condition and place the runner up in his spot. Would pretty much nullify the whole thing. Personally I would deport the guy and give him a new identity telling him that the govt. can not protect him against all the threats made to him and this is the only way to keep him from being assassinated. Release it to the press also so if he refuses have a demonstrator take him out and blame it on his health.

If they blamed it on the demonstrators then the opposite side would just do the same thing that is happening now and it wouldn't fix the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join