It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Clashes ... Iranian Police overwhelmed by protesters[NEW VIDEO JUN 21]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
MBF

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if the countries that have media people that have been arrested would threaten to attack Iran if they are not released. Looks like the govt has their hands full right now. This might give the Iranian people a good foot hold if the govt has to take away resources in case of an attack even though it never happened.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

By the way it looks like a demonstration to me and not revolution.

This is how a revolution starts. It is possible that the police and army may side with the protesters, that will give the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps a run for their money...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hi Hunka Hunka,

You sure do find some really good topics!

I'm proud of those Iranians for protesting like they are. It's time to take the crime out of government and those people are doing it in a way that we can see will make progress.

Let's hope that the civilians aren't harmed.

Good find my friend.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Would like to be fly on the wall for Obama-Hillary discussions on this. Obama has to come down on a side eventually but waiting to be sure where it goes.

It looks like it is rapidly escalating and may be a bigger threat to PTB than initally thought. If they respond by killing people then they are finished. If they bend a little they have more of a chance.

Finally, what a quandary for Israel. They have until December before the Russian anti-aircraft are fully online. Do they go or they stay?

All one can do is pray( yes,politically correct people, i mentioned prayer)for the best outcome.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Iranians are the kindest, most strong-hearted people in the Middle East, I'm sure they will be able to win the Tweet Revolution and get rid of this horrible government.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wow!
Thought provoking video really, two thumbs up go to the power of the people!
It makes me wonder though, what will it take.. to overtake?
Iran, North Korea, USA, or wherever the masses are oppressed and just plain tired of it.
Would it be better in the end?

Not implying that it should be us US citizens doing that here right now... but it does make one wonder dosen't it? I would say that we as a species should have been past this violence against our fellow man by now, I think... but heh... I know it isn't that easy.

Thanks for the vid, it shows no matter who or where you are, there might be someone right beside you with the brass ones to fight for your belief. (whatever that may be)

Rock on!
T-

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The goal is to get the other pres. in power. And everyone fighting there has this goal, In my eyes this is a revolution.

They are not calling for the overthrow of the Islamic Revolutionary Government but demonstrating against the electoral outcome of one politician to it.

They are shouting "Death to the Dictator" , "Death to Khamenei" (the supreme leader).

So ya, sounds like they are revolting to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Does this mean that there is actually political freedom in Iran? I'm confused, what are the protests for? Is it vote rigging, that can't be it because both candidates represent the same people, the bottom line and the fundamental laws of Iran won't change no matter who is elected, that is up to the Imams.

Has anyone wonder this might be a diversion? Why isn't the opposition leader being arrested if he is the one calling for the protests when public protests are banned at the moment? My theory is that Iran is getting smart, this will be very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
God I loved watching the end of this Video. These cops almost [snip]themselves. Took off running like the little[snip]they are.
Why the cops there even think they REMOTELY have a chance against the people is beyond me, these are cops(humans) not android robots with buck shot lasers shooting out of each finger. These cops better hurry and choose what side they really wanna be on if they plan on getting through this alive. AWESOME video.

Edit- ___ Tha Police ___Tha Police___EM!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Common Good]\

Mod Edit Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This video moved me to tears and goosebumps. They want what they want, nothing is going to stop them, the conviction you see in this video, my god! When the police turned and ran, WOW, that must have felt like a small but significant victory!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Could this be the end of one of the arms of the axis of evil? Wonder how the CIA operation is going at the moment??

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Unlike in a lot of western countries it appears the Iranian Police are not armed.

Whereas our police would have guns, tazers, gas, dogs, riot shields, riot wagons, helicopters, etc etc....

these guys had nothing

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Unlike in a lot of western countries it appears the Iranian Police are not armed.

Whereas our police would have guns, tazers, gas, dogs, riot shields, riot wagons, helicopters, etc etc....

these guys had nothing

WOW someone finally noticed hahaha, just imagine if American police didn't have guns etc etc, how fast do you think the people would rise up against the two party dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
There's nothing more glorious than the pigs running around.

Love to see that anywhere on the planet.

Mod edit: removed ill-mannered text.

[edit on 6-22-2009 by chissler]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Im not sure about the statistics (and at this point of time at night Im too lazy to go find out) but even if the cops in America were armed to the teeth(which they are), and The Americans were armed to the teeth(which they are) the cops here wouldnt do any better if the people here were to do exactly the same thing. The only difference in the whole scenerio would be the body count. Cops wouldnt stand a chance here if this happened to us.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
There's nothing more glorious than the pigs running like a bunch of pussies.

Love to see that anywhere on the planet.

Well if I have a bunch of out of control thugs hitting on my house or business and I called the cops and when they arrived they just ran away I wouldn't be too chuffed.

So it all depends on your standpoint.

In fact I don't think anybody seriously would want to have a total breakdown in society where it was everyman for himself.... might sound like a cool scenario but have a wee think through what it would really mean.

For me this whole uprising is a US/CIA backed attempt to destabilize the regime. And anybody that doesn't agree with me or finds it hard to believe go and have a read up about the Iran Contra affair in the 1980's. Under Ronald Reagan a plan was devised to sell arms to Iran through Israel, the money was given to revolutionaries in Nicaragua to destabilize the government there and the CIA encouraged the sale of coc aine to American youth to raise more funds for the revolution.

So don't tell me that the US is not capable of such things. BTW where is Oliver North these days?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Here's a video of the same incident taken on the ground moments after they chased the riot police off.

They claim a riot shield & police batons as victory trophies:

Victory over the Riot Guard

An amazing moment.

Marker

[edit on 22-6-2009 by marker3221]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing about this video that shows the power of the people. All it shows is a bunch of idiots who gave up their power the second they started hurling projectiles at the police and setting property on fire. If you resort to violence, you're giving the powers that be ammunition to do like wise.

If civil war does breaks out in Iran, rest assured western governments will no doubt have something to do with it, aka the axis of evil (UK,US & Israel). What's happening in Iran is nothing more than a blatant distraction by our governments and media to keep the attention off their own crimes. This is definitely the case as far as the UK government is concerned.

Even if they did manage to oust those crazy Mullahs from power, the only thing that's going to happen if the CIA get their way, is the installation of another subservient dictator, that will probably end up being worse than the current regime. As long as western governments keep interfering in Iranian affairs, the Iranian people will never know peace or true democracy. But what's new.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is amusing. Ayatollah Khomeini ushered people to procreate after the revolution to create an 'Islamic Army'. What he got instead was millions of educated, well informed, modern young people. Certainly got his army alright!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AltruisticNarcissist

Irony at its best.

There was a cult i have posted about where the leader ordered the same thing ( I was the first conceived after the order was sent out)

it is now that generation which is fighting hard against it and bringing around its downfall.

I'm sure the leaders in Iran are feeling a bit insecure at the moment. They have created a monster! (to them anyway)

M

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join