It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Clashes ... Iranian Police overwhelmed by protesters[NEW VIDEO JUN 21]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Street Clashes ... Iranian Police overwhelmed by protesters

www.bbc.co.uk

This is a 2-3 minute video, and the entire site is written in Farsi...

But the video speaks for itself...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If you watch the video all the way through, you will see the power of the people vs the powers that be...

You will notice that the protesters come onto the street into the intersection and after a short exchange, are so numerous that the Iranian police turn tail and RUN!

This is one of the best videos I have seen coming out of that area! This is proof that the will of the people is stronger than the will of the state...

Thank you BBC!!!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have 2 comments.
1) I guess the BBC isn't dickless after all
2) Go Iranians! Kick police ass!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Ayep!

I was surprised to see the BBC be so upfront with it as well...

Maybe that's why the Ayatollah is angry with them :-)

Some one from newsweek has already been detained it was reported on CNN earlier today.

I'm just really happy to see that the will of the people is greater than the will of the state!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's amazing what happens when the people decide to stand up against being beat.

I haven't ever seen a revolution before, but I would have to say that looks an awful like one if I would have to guess.

I'm glad the Iranian people are fighting back. If those cops would have stuck around they would have gotten mauled.

You could also here all the rocks and pieces of stone and concrete hitting the bridge they were on along with the occasional gun shot here and there.

It's funny they were lobbing those things at the police then as they advance they pick them back up and lob them again.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I just showed this to my 11 yo son and said the same thing..."That's what a revolution looks like!"

Interesting tactic though about how projectiles can be recycled as you move down the street...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Buffaloes from Kruger gave them an example

If people were not so self indulgent, they could learn a lot just by looking around a little.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I thought it was a cute video! The security forces were just picking up the stones and broken bottles and throwing them back at the crowd from an equal distance.

Had this been the Israelis facing a similiar demonstration by Palestinians protesting for their rights they would have used live ammunition and air strikes!

These things are a lot more enjoyable to watch when the participants stick to an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, instead of a tomahawk cruise missile for an eye and phosporous bomb for a tooth!

By the way it looks like a demonstration to me and not revolution.

With out a clearly binding manifesto with real goals that the combatants are agreeing on, you don't have a revolution, just a demonstration.

I am sure the CIA will come up with a manifesto for them in another day or two now that I have pointed this out.

I guess they cut Langley's budget again, comeone guys stop crying about the Homeland Security oversight and meddling and get cracking would you!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The authorities had better hope that no harm comes to Mousavi.Those crowds would double,triple in size and anger.Frankly i dont think the regime knows what to do about the protesters now but i bet their running out of jail space.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't think you guys will be so happy when the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps comes along. As much as I want to see the religious nuts in Iran overthrown I don't want to see the mullah's private army slaughter a few thousand people. It's not going to be pretty when they show up.

Of course it won't matter because half of ATS will go on about how the protesters are really just CIA operatives nevermind the fact that most Iranians are very secular and want none of this "Islamic Republic" nonsense. Much of Iran's population is really no different then I except they are Muslim instead of Catholic.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Great video, and thanks for posting, S&F.

I love the end of the video as the people are sprinting and the cops are in full retreat! It was also cool to hear the people on the bridge cheering as they over ran the cops.

A true people's revolution.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just watched that, it made my day.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Go Go Go!!!! Chase the rats back into the sewers from which they came. Keep up the fight and demand your freedom. If this isn't the sparks of revolution then I don't know what is. I think the zealots are shaking in there boots and I think the noise they hear from the windows of their palaces must be terrifying.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The goal is to get the other pres. in power. And everyone fighting there has this goal, In my eyes this is a revolution.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That could happen anywhere...People just need to be willing to go all the way..Once you start there is no stopping..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Some one from newsweek has already been detained it was reported on CNN earlier today.

According to some news 24 reporters have been arrested.

The one who took the image below is currently missing.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e07d0d96d73b.jpg[/atsimg]

Image Credit Life.com

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

That is a profound image.

Really describes this revolt!

Power to the people, and the women of Iran!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Interesting video, that’s a lot of projectiles being hurled through the air. Extra props go to the guy in the white t-shirt up front. He is giving them hell.

But more on topic of the all round event,
I don’t think the leadership in Iran will let this go on. Those crowds will break up pretty quickly if they walk into a mounted MG waiting for them or worse a tank.
Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the cause, but I just don’t like their chances.

Police is one thing but a unit of loyal soldiers is another. And I don’t want to see a video of that.

My question to you all is,
What would it take for a civil war to break out in Iran?

The only thing I can think of is power hungry generals.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
nice

when is this going to happen in the US?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Interesting video, that’s a lot of projectiles being hurled through the air. Extra props go to the guy in the white t-shirt up front. He is giving them hell.

But more on topic of the all round event,
I don’t think the leadership in Iran will let this go on. Those crowds will break up pretty quickly if they walk into a mounted MG waiting for them or worse a tank.
Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the cause, but I just don’t like their chances.

Police is one thing but a unit of loyal soldiers is another. And I don’t want to see a video of that.

My question to you all is,
What would it take for a civil war to break out in Iran?

The only thing I can think of is power hungry generals.

My question is why has Iran held back these military forces? The only answer that makes sense to me is that they are afraid! Afraid that the forces won't fire on their fellow citizens and in fact that they will be so angered by the situation and being forced to fire on civilians that they will turn against the leaders of the country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join