It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran finds US-backed MKO fingermarks in riots

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

not buying it
this has CIA fingerprints all over it! better than war, the US will get what it wants one way or the other just a fact.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

You must be one of those sheeple who believes everything they hear from fox/cnn/cnbc

These news agencys are controlled, think about it. Theres all kinds of corrupt crap going on within the USA and 99.9% of it does not get shown to the American public. WHY? Because that could cause uprising and revolts like whats going on in IRAN. Your a member of ATS, I am sure you have read about quite a bit of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The screening of an Iranian film at the Los Angeles Film Festival on Saturday became the occasion to debate the turmoil happening a half a world away, while serving as a timely reminder of the struggle for women's rights under Islamic regimes in the Middle East.

Based on a true story, "The Stoning of Soraya M." tells the tale of Soraya (Mozhan Marno), an innocent women entangled in an unhappy marriage who is falsely accused by her husband of having an affair with a man in their remote Iranian village.

Soraya's husband schemes with the town elders to make sure his wife is charged with the ultimate penalty - being stoned to death by the whole village. Her only hope and supporter is her Aunt Zahra (Academy Award nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo), who later boldly shares Soraya's story with a journalist passing through town.

In real life, that journalist was Paris-based Freidoune Sahebjam, whose book of the same name was the first to bring attention to the real Soraya, who was stoned and killed in 1986.

The film is at once profoundly powerful and deeply disturbing: the prolonged and graphic scene depicting stones being thrown at Soraya - bloodied and buried to her waist in sand - elicited audible sobs from the packed audience at the Mann Festival Theater.

"I've seen the real thing on tape and in comparison, the scene in the movie is nothing," said director Cyrus Nowrasteh, who sat alongside Aghdashloo and Iranian writer and scholar Reza Aslan on a panel moderated by "Kite Runner" author Khaled Hosseini immediately after the screening. "I just felt I had the responsibility to not water it down for the people who have died this way."

www.thewrap.com...

If true, Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

What do the Iranian people want?

Will they march in protest by the hundreds of thousands of they were not dissatisfied with the status quo?

Do you do a disservice to those who suffered and died for freedom from oppression if this is not true.

You are telling me the people of Iran are happy with the way things are?

[edit on 033030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Of course they are going to find something to rope the US into it.

Dinnerjacket needs someone to blame the unrest on; it sure isn't him that's going to take the heat!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Even if the protesters mostly think they are behaving according to their own free will, group behavior is very easy to shape and undercover cops even egg on and start mob riots here in the US so cops/foot soldiers can just step in and get protesters off the streets.

A good salesman doesn't present himself as a salesman, just somebody that has what you need. And why do you need it? Well, that's what the salesman is really for.

Same with political psychology. The US has done things like this in Central and South America and abroad for decades. BIG SURPRISE. If you guys don't think it's happening then you must really be naive. N-a-i-v-e.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

According to the security officials, the arrested members had confessed that they were extensively trained in Iraq's camp Ashraf to create post-election mayhem in the country.

How many were there?

So they were able to convince hundreds of thousands of HAPPY Iranians to suddenly take an instant dislike to their Utopian society?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The US has done things like this in Central and South America and abroad for decades. BIG SURPRISE. If you guys don't think it's happening then you must really be naive. N-a-i-v-e.

But don't you think in order for this to work people already must be dissatisfied with the way things are?

One million Iranians live in LA, did you know that?

60% of Iranians are under the age of 30.

I think they are sick of the dark ages, maybe they want out.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Iran election: sinister parallels between Tehran protests and the 1979 revolution

In the brutal street conflicts of 1979 Ali Khamenei was a lowly seminary lecturer, while Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a student activist. Both were thrown into prison by the Shah's ruthless secret police.

In their current roles as supreme leader and president, the pair are now responsible for casting hundreds - possibly thousands - of protesters into Evin prison for precisely the reasons they themselves were held three decades ago.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There are tons of reasons why the people there would want to throw overthrow the ayatollah... its not that mind boggling. I dont understand whats so crazy to believe about this?

Stop buying into every conspiracy/thing you read and see on the net, god damn.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jouseroni
Some of you people are really stupid no offense. Some of you dont understand why they would want to overthrow the ayatollah? what is there not to understand? lol

Some of you people that believe EVERY SINGLE CONSPIRACY are out of your heads jesus.

Tell us.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Some of you people are really stupid no offense. Some of you dont understand why they would want to overthrow the ayatollah? what is there not to understand? lol

Some of you people that believe EVERY SINGLE CONSPIRACY are out of your heads jesus.

And there I took out the "some of you are really stupid part"... i was simply posting my opionon.

Tell us.

You really want me to tell you reasons WHY the people of iran would want to overthrow the ayatollah? I'm not going to answer it because the answers are obvious.

people have already discussed this exact thing on page one and two, why should I repost things that have already been said.

You're just someone who disagrees with me and felt the need to make a snide comment.

And I just edited out the "you are idiots" part of my other post, thats not appropriate. I was simply posting my opionon, I'm entitled to it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well before buying it or not,

make a search on Anne Singleton mentionned in the article.

then if you think about it 2 minutes, yeah guys you buy :

it was Saddam Hussein private army ! how does this group still exist ? didn't the US conqueer Irak ? how come they still have camps in Irak if not because they are in business ?

www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
But don't you think in order for this to work people already must be dissatisfied with the way things are?

Not so much at first, not really. There is always political dissidence in any country, the countries with the smart leaders just create their own puppet opposition to siphon outrage, like the whole Democrat/Republican thing here. I think the whole point is to rile them up much more than they would be otherwise.

One million Iranians live in LA, did you know that?

60% of Iranians are under the age of 30.

I think they are sick of the dark ages, maybe they want out.

They don't live in the "dark ages." Tehran is a very modern and industrial city. Neither do they see themselves as the cave men people like yourself apparently do. I'm sure most Iranians still have a lot of pride in their country. It's a human condition known as "ego."

[edit on 21-6-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
quite frankly if western governments are helping the protesters then GOOD!.

Screw iran's backward religious government - for once can people stop moaning about the US and UK etc and look with your eyes, Iran's leadership is brutal and corrupt - screw them! Good luck to the protesters!

This is a government that chops your hand off for stealing - how backward can you get, i feel sorry for the Iranian people.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You really want me to tell you reasons WHY the people of iran would want to overthrow the ayatollah? I'm not going to answer it because the answers are obvious.

what exactly do you know about iran that "doesn't come out of the tv tube" ?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::

what exactly do you know about iran that "doesn't come out of the tv tube" ?

I don't know anything more than any of you! I just have a different view of it, I'm entitled to that... and the answers to yours and that other persons questions have already been answered in a few posts in the first 2 pages! I'm not retyping things others have said already.... stop questioning me... this is just my opionon im allowed to have it... Some of you conpriracy people get so high and mighty and you all think you have some "hidden knowledge" that others don't have,.. when really all the stuff you guys know is the same stuff that anyone who doesnt believe in conspiracies knows, we just choose not to believe most of it (i do believe in a lot of this stuff, but I'm just not buying this story).

To me it seems like some of you area almost STANDING UP for the government over there... you all talk about how evil the us government is...etc but cant see how evil they are over there too? makes no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Iran finds US-backed MKO fingermarks in riots

www.presstv.ir

According to the security officials, the arrested members had confessed that they were extensively trained in Iraq's camp Ashraf to create post-election mayhem in the country.

They had also revealed that they have been given directions by the MKO command post in Britain.

Earlier on Saturday, MKO leader Maryam Rajavi had supported the recent wave of street violence in Iran during a Saturday address to supporters in Paris.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Come on we know presstv is regime propaganda news. Take everything you read on presstv with healthy scepticism. The regime loves lying, they can't do enough of it. They lie about the election, the number of protestors, the reasons for protesting. They cover up the fact that regime thugs are beating and killing the protestors and use presstv to blame the protestors for all the mayhem, where we have videos confirming regime thugs are responsible.

It's obvious the regime don't even care that we know they lie.

Therefore it's perfectly sound logic to assume they would also lie about this. I can say we know 100% sure but I'm around 99.99% sure that it's all lies and propaganda

[edit on 21-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I believe in time we will find a good amount of evidence that supports the idea that the US, Britain, Israel, and perhaps others had a hand in the events occurring now in Iran. How convenient for us that this is all occurring, I can't watch the news without hearing something about Iran.

If you follow covert operations from just the CIA from the past 50+ years, it's public knowledge that we've over thrown governments, assassinated key public officials, supported and funded rebel groups, ect.

To me this looks like a classic CIA or MI5/6 operation. Until someone throws us a bone, I have my educated guess and hopefully time will tell.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Think of how much the rest of the world liked Bush, yet we apparently voted him in twice.

Yes, people are very stupid.

But people are also very prideful and refuse to see their own inadequacies most of the time, even when carried over to seemingly external things like governments. There is still internal pride in one's nationality, culture, etc. that is ingrained from youth, no matter where you are born and raised, and talking smack about someone's home country is often very offensive no matter where you come from. Wanting to be invaded or helped by foreigners against your own government is a joke for most anybody that isn't already locked up as a political criminal, especially when that country is the US government, which is hated by many people all over the world (not least of all here). Overcome these prejudices and I say you are more liberated than under any constitution. Including the US, because the US is a much trashier country and becoming much worse than many others. I say that just to agitate all you people who still mindlessly wave your flags like you're so much better than all the other cave men all over the world, and you expect them to welcome your help. Maybe in the past when we collectively had more sense and compassion about us, but not anymore, my fellow monkies. It disgusts me that many of you even put on clothes and ACT civilized.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
yo people

DENY IGNORANCE

there isn't a single proof nor evidence that elections were faken

(it is actually the exact opposite...
www.washingtonpost.com...
this one among others like this MKO stuff - the demonstration in paris was real, they claim so many thing that yes, absolutely, this is all premedited)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join