It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran finds US-backed MKO fingermarks in riots

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
On a general note...

People are taking a hideous black/white attitude about all this.

Either the US or Iran is evil. We must have our good and bad guys.

How about recognising the faults on both sides? Iran isn't a democracy. Neither is the US, in any real sense.

Yes, there are people in Iran who want more freedom: but getting into bed with the US ain't gonna get them anywhere, as those who are conversant with history know all too well.

I don't see a great deal of Iranian propaganda. I do see a LOT of anti-Iranian propaganda, enough to make me certain that the UK media is being used to demonise Iran.

Anyone who remembers the desperate (and utterly failed) efforts to show how UK troops were mistreated by the Iranians when our lads and girls were mucking about in their territory, understands the workings of propaganda. The media tried so, so hard to come up with any instances of mistreatment... there'd be a headline that would suggest torture, and then you'd read the story and you'd find out that someone had been blindfolded for a while. Hype in the headline, no substance in the story.

And, yes, the BBC has become a pitiful sock-puppet for the UK and US administrations. Anyone who's seen their 9/11 coverage will understand that.

In 1988, the BBC did a special documentary for the 25th anniversary of the JFK hit. It was superb. If that documentary got made today, it would be pouring scorn on people who think that there was US government involvement in the hit. Back then, they were really hot on every aspect of the case, and gave a loooong list of people who'd died in mysterious circumstances before they could testify either before the Warren Commission or subsequent investigations.

These days they'd try and debunk it like good little sock puppets.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Communism vs. Capitalism or Democracy

What a subject to discuss, just wanted to add to your discussion that both sides were as wrong. My country is deeply devastated by these two ideologies. The funniest thing of all these killings, genocides, bombings, assassinations, and coups is that America turned to Communism and USSR turned to Capitalism without publicly admitting it.

Don't you find it funny that because of these thick heads millions of my people died? WOW I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Life is a never ending series of Ironies.

The thing that always looks appealing is the thing you are not doing now. Humanity bugs me.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
the West put its best men on the case, i guess. for the training as well as the riot know-how, transferring such knowledge ( as bad as it is ) with third parties will inevitably lead to creating new Talibans our kids will have to fight 20 years from now.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join