It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickspm

We are once again being played by the American media and government in order to shore up support among the American people in order to justify another attack on an innocent nation by our own government. It's just another ploy to steal even more of our money to fund another military
expedition that won't benefit anyone but bankers.

Maybe you are but not everybody is....

I think the Iranians themselves would disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The rumor is unsubstantiated and looks like it was spread by Iranian govt. There were some heavy millitary machinery in Azadi Sq earlier, but the line of tanks is (for now) only a rumor with no verification from anyone in Tehran. (article posted into motivist.com for ranking)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

With all due respect, you cannot compare what the Iranians have endured since oil was discovered in their country to what America went through with Bush or any other president.

No secret police stopped people on the street after 911 here and beat them for showing ankles or exposing their hair. No squads prowled the streets kidnapping children to force them into frontline combat. You sure don't see criminals convicted of shoplifting having limbs run over or cut off, or see people murdered for having premarital sex. Sorry, no comparison whatsoever, Americans who scream about "revolt" in this country had better think about its consequences before they try to pull it off. We've got it better than most countries and stand the most to lose, do you really think most people will be able to survive without running water, food supplies or emergency medical care? I support forcing the government to be held accountable for its many crimes but I guarantee you that another American revolution will eat its children just like any other. Give this country a few weeks without amenties and it will be like Katrina on a huge scale, all the populace would really do is do TPTB's dirty work for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Iran police clash with defiant protestors

TEHRAN (AFP) — Tehran was tense after thousands clashed with police, defying an ultimatum from Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei for an end to protests over disputed presidential elections.

At least one person was wounded when shots rang out, a witness told AFP after Saturday's rally which, like other opposition protests over the past week, was off-limits to the foreign media.

A suicide bomber meanwhile struck a key regime monument -- the south Tehran mausoleum of revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini -- killing himself and wounding three people, two of them foreigners, state media reported.

I reckon this suicide bomber was from the regime itself on its desperate last legs to survive trying to demonise the protestors. They've done this before in mosques and blamed it on western agents, but failed to provide any evidence for it. This kind of propaganda fuels anti-american propaganda on forums such as ats, as people can easily be fooled into assuming the regime isn't lying and that we can blame the CIA for everything.

Rule of thumb: If the regime sounds like it could be lying and talking bull**** then it definitely is. They lie so much I just can't bear listening to Ahmadinejad's or Khaminei's speeches anymore, especially after his last one which went on for 1 1/2 hrs. I thought christ man, this guy is ******* crazy!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
I don't think the Iranian people as a whole are really that much from us in the west. They want freedom, democracy and religious freedom.

I don't doubt that many of them might want this. Good luck to them. The human toll of misery will mount over the next few days, possibly... it will be sad.

I don't like seeing people kill or be killed. However, it's their fight. They're keeping it within their borders and it's all in-house.

People complain about the threat of 'islam' spreading across the world and yet here's an example of an islamic country that's having trouble keeping it's own troubles confined.

To me, this shows that when any government manages to piss enough people off, they're in for trouble. You can't save people from their own bad choices, so here's an example of some Iranians taking their 'other' option to expand their selection choice.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just in from twitter: " Syria has sent THREE plane full of soldiers to tehran!! IT'S TIME FOR US TO INTERVENE!"

Well the Syrian thugs could be involved now. (Rumour)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Have any links to that story?
Otherwise it's just hearsay.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Have any links to that story?
Otherwise it's just hearsay.

The bit about Syria is just twitter, so only a rumour.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Looks like we will be seeing something happening in Iran soon. I am sure Obama has no backbone and that we will not be pushing into yet another war. Or at least I hope not. I am mixed with emotions. I want to see the people of Iran win their freedom from their oppressive monkeyheads, but will that just put another oil rich nation under the thumb of my overlords?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don't be so defensive. Read the previous links I posted, please.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Cautious Response Reflects Obama's Long-Term Approach

U.S. officials say Obama is intent on calibrating his comments to the mood of the hour. They say he is seeking to avoid having the demonstrators accused of being American stooges and is trying to preserve the possibility of negotiating directly with the Iranian government over its nuclear program, links to terrorism, Afghanistan and other issues

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Tanks and the army in streets to fight the people is very dangerous for the government.

I think they are using the scum from the Basij and foreign mercenaries for the dirty job.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Just in from twitter: " Syria has sent THREE plane full of soldiers to tehran!! IT'S TIME FOR US TO INTERVENE!"

Sounds like it's time to get the U.N. resolutions rolling.

By the way, does anyone know if Ahmadinejad is going to be doing any speaking engagements here in the U.S. this year?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Things getting out of hand, hope Obama has a hidden tough backbone. We expected the regime to hold a last ditch stand to attempt to gain back control. Unfortunately this is only leading to more bloodshed.

It may be time for Brown to get a backbone and plan something with Israel to take out this regime sooner rather than later before 1000's or millions die. 100's were killed today, surely that's enough!

Does Obama have the guts to do something about this!

I think Obama should stay out of it. On ATS and other places the US is blamed for pretty much every problem in the world regardless of facts: "The CIA/FBI/NSA/etc set up a puppet regime in [insert country name] and is really running the place to benefit the Illuminati/Freemasons/Aliens/NWO/etc." So this was really the last place I'd expect someone to suggest that the US should interfere with the revolution in Iran.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This isn't our problem. I admire the Iranians sticking up for what they believe in. But honestly, let's stay out of this. We don't need to get involved with a conflict and begin a NEW war...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
must be an awesome job!!! go to another country, dress like its policemen, and go beat the crap out of angry citezens...should be a video game.....titled CIA...operation Iranian Spagehtti. Its friggin shameless how obvious the comm(tech, internet) folks are usin this...oh my ...photos on twerper.com... Makes me wanna blow high velocity chunks of last nights tuna. WHy dont you terds just rob me at gunpoint....at least theres some honor in that

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Cautious Response Reflects Obama's Long-Term Approach

U.S. officials say Obama is intent on calibrating his comments to the mood of the hour. They say he is seeking to avoid having the demonstrators accused of being American stooges and is trying to preserve the possibility of negotiating directly with the Iranian government over its nuclear program, links to terrorism, Afghanistan and other issues

Can you explain how we negotiate with vicious thugs that murder little girls. The youtube video of a girl shot in the head today was called Neda and 16 yrs old.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Sounds like it's time to get the U.N. resolutions rolling.

By the way, does anyone know if Ahmadinejad is going to be doing any speaking engagements here in the U.S. this year?

If he is could you please sniper him. I think the Iranians would celebrate his demise.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
This isn't our problem. I admire the Iranians sticking up for what they believe in. But honestly, let's stay out of this. We don't need to get involved with a conflict and begin a NEW war...

US President Barack Obama has warned Iran to stop all "unjust action against its own people", after another day of protests over the presidential poll.

US urges Iran to end 'violence'

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Can you explain how we negotiate with vicious thugs that murder little girls. The youtube video of a girl shot in the head today was called Neda and 16 yrs old.

Are you asking me or making a statement?
Because I cant speak for Obama.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join