It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Ahmedinijad was leading in the polls prior the elections, and all indicators are that he won a significant majority - so why are the people protesting ?

Well over 60% of total US expenditure is on domestic and foriegn propaganda aimed at regime change - the name of this is CIA.

You have huge protests supporting Ahmadinijad - where is the coverage of this ?

I can not believe what I am watching, I can not believe that people are falling for the same trick again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again - when will you wake up!?

You have a point, it wouldn't surprise me if these protests and reports of tanks etc are far more exaggerated than the truth. Afterall this is exactly what the American propaganda machine wants (AND NEEDS). We'll probbaly find out in a few weeks that it was a couple of drunken college kids, lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I agree that the US should stay out of it. It is better for the Iranian people to earn freedom (or what little sense of freedom) they can by their own sacrifices.

But isn't this what it seems our agenda has been? Why else would we have gone in to Iraq? I have thought since we went in to Iraq that our main goal was to take over Iran, as it is between Iraq and Afghanistan and a likely target.

Now it seems our main question should be- do we invade? I think no, but with all the resources we have spent in the neighbouring countries, it seems doubtful that we won't invade.

This is quite a quagmire we have become entangled in. We are indeed part of it now, for better or worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just found something of interest ...

Armenian Congratulations
Meanwhile, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian, on Friday congratulated Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on his landslide victory in the presidential elections.
In a meeting with Iran’s Ambassador in Yerevan, Ali Saqaian on Friday, Nalbandian hoped that Tehran-Yerevan ties will expand in all dimensions.
Saqaian also voiced support for closer cooperation between the two countries.
The two sides discussed bilateral ties and regional developments.

www.iran-daily.com...

If this report is true then it could not have had worse timing . It , if true , is showing us that the U.S government has one face for us and a different face for the Iran government .

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Ahmedinijad was leading in the polls prior the elections, and all indicators are that he won a significant majority - so why are the people protesting ?

Well over 60% of total US expenditure is on domestic and foriegn propaganda aimed at regime change - the name of this is CIA.

I can not believe what I am watching, I can not believe that people are falling for the same trick again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again - when will you wake up!?

What?!!! The regime are the ones trying the same trick of lying over and over again. This is the first really moronic comment I've read on this thread.

If Ahmadinejad won why are all these people protesting against him, why the need to use violence, why not just do a proper recount or just run the election again?

If so many support Ahmadinejad then would these protests not be seen as insulting to them and therefore vote for him again, and maybe increase his vote count???

Hmmm it seems you haven't thought about this whole situation one bit.

The Ahmadinejad rallies had 20,000 people max. Compare that to the 3 million out last Monday rallying for the opposition.

Oh and don't forget the arabs who aren't even Iranian on the side of the regime that were flown in from Lebanon. Even with extra outside support, Ahmadinejad's rallies were tiny in comparison. So there's the answer to your question about where's the coverage of his large rallies. It just never happened. You fell for the regime propaganda and constant lies about Ahmadinejad winning.

You have no evidence of CIA involvement whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

You have a point, it wouldn't surprise me if these protests and reports of tanks etc are far more exaggerated than the truth. Afterall this is exactly what the American propaganda machine wants (AND NEEDS). We'll probbaly find out in a few weeks that it was a couple of drunken college kids, lol.

Read my previous post.

You need to check out the facts, and watch a decent news channel.

What has this got to do with America, absolutely nothing is the answer.

Just go read some decent news on the Internet, and even then the situation looks pretty bad over there, and the news hasn't even got into the finer details of what happened today.

Stop hating your own country, and open your eyes to the rest of the world.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Map of World

Zoom into Iran.

To the upper east of Iran is Afghanistan. The US is in pretty deep there.

To the lower east is Pakistan; the US has some operations there.

To the south is the Persian Gulf; US Navy and supporting staff sit there.

SE of that is the Arabian sea. US Navy has that covered.

Beyond that is the Indian Ocean; I'm sure the US is there to.

Across the Persian Gulf is Saudi Arabia. I'm sure we have a base or two there.

Kuwait is a nearby neighbor. More US forces.

To the west is Iraq; US is there hard core.

On Iran's NW is Turkey; the US has bases there.

And further west is Isreal; we don't even want to touch on that (?).

My point being that the people of Iran may have some idea that it's now or never for them to rebel.

However, there is no assurance the US will throw them a bone. We have, in the past, hung the middle east out to dry.

We have let them set the playing field until it is more to our liking before we make our move.

I support the people but without the military, they have already lost.

With the military, it's total civil war.

This may or may not help Iraq with it's terrorist attacks.

And lil Kim in North Korea has a fit when Iran gets all the attention so don't forget about that little country.

The next few days are going to be interesting.

The question that begs to be answered is this; Could this happen in America?

A can of worms has been opened and in it is nothing but scorpions.

Watch out Iran, you are surrounded by Americans. Literally.

To be clear, I see no reason for the US to get involved at this point. Bombing IRan right now would send a confusing message.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, hopefully the people keep their heads, and see who's side the tanks are on. If they are not on their side, hopefully they'll realize that tanks can easily be rendered useless with fire. Molotove coctails are their friend.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Afterall this is exactly what the American propaganda machine wants (AND NEEDS). We'll probbaly find out in a few weeks that it was a couple of drunken college kids, lol.

The Iranians know all about warfare in urban environments, they were quite successful against US forces in Iraq.

Give it a rest Rogue only you can turn a peoples struggle into your personal soap box to voice your Anti-American stance. This isn't about you or your twisted view of the US!

It's about the people struggling for their rights.

Pathetic.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I just found something of interest ...

Armenian Congratulations
Meanwhile, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian, on Friday congratulated Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on his landslide victory in the presidential elections.
In a meeting with Iran’s Ambassador in Yerevan, Ali Saqaian on Friday, Nalbandian hoped that Tehran-Yerevan ties will expand in all dimensions.
Saqaian also voiced support for closer cooperation between the two countries.
The two sides discussed bilateral ties and regional developments.

www.iran-daily.com...

If this report is true then it could not have had worse timing . It , if true , is showing us that the U.S government has one face for us and a different face for the Iran government .

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Max_TO]

Nah! This is a regime controlled website and proliferates lies and nonsense. For a start if you want to realise just how bad their propaganda is, last week when a crowd of 3 million were protesting outside Iranian state controlled tv station, the tv station broadcasted that only a few people were demonstrating.

Now if you realise they lie about the blatent obvious in such a way, then what do you think they do on the web. The regime blame the destruction of houses, cars banks etc on protestors, when we have video footage of regime thugs smashing up cars and building windows randomly. Any such regime building burned down yesterday and today is in fact in retaliation for the thugs attacking them when they protested peacefully last week. They wanted to protest peacefully and said "where's my vote", but the regime said "no we're gonna' beat you up and kill you", so now the protestors are chanting "death to Khamenei", and rightfully trying to destroy the regime in a revolution.

The regime talk bull**** firstly so they can lie and blame protestors and call them violent, and secondly to lie to the outside world about this. This is what we call a "complete" propaganda machine with nonsense on many levels, and when they're caught out they just ignore it and don't even care when we have videos contradicting them. And since so many people don't realise this as they havent seen the videos, their propaganda still have some effect in the west on the public.

Always read regime news websites with huge skepticism, and if it might be wrong and contradicts western news that means its bull****.

Many people are quick to come to conclusions about made up western propaganda, yet they don't even try to question Iranian Islamic regime propaganda.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by dallas18

I'd be wary about FOX, it's a Republican-owned company that supports the military complex and is very pro-oil industry. They of all companies would be the most likely to intentionally broadcast propaganda to push for war. A former classmate of mine is a producer for them and I look forward to hearing about their planning meetings when I see him next month.

That doesn't mean everything on FOX is propaganda

Fox have brought breaking news from military sources about N.Korea, where AFP and Reuters have quoted Fox later and the same military source. So not all their news is that bad. I know certain news stories on Fox can be wacko tho.

There are plenty other sources for this acid bombing apart from Fox so that should be proof enough to satisfy you.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Thanks for your take on this report . I too , after reading some of what they had to say felt that they were a bit to favorable to the government of Iran . However , I would like to see if there is any truth to this report .

If this is pure propaganda then this report would lead me to believe that the Iranian government may fee that the majority of the protesters actually care what the Americans have to say and may even be effected by the American governments actions .

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Afterall this is exactly what the American propaganda machine wants (AND NEEDS). We'll probbaly find out in a few weeks that it was a couple of drunken college kids, lol.

The Iranians know all about warfare in urban environments, they were quite successful against US forces in Iraq.

Give it a rest Rogue only you can turn a peoples struggle into an Anti-American stance. This isn't about the US or you!

It's about the people struggling for their rights.

Pathetic.

True, lets keep this to the Iranian people's struggle for freedom

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by john124

Thanks for your take on this report . I too , after reading some of what they had to say felt that they were a bit to favorable to the government of Iran . However , I would like to see if there is any truth to this report .

If this is pure propaganda then this report would lead me to believe that the Iranian government may fee that the majority of the protesters actually care what the Americans have to say and may even be effected by the American governments actions .

Yes, when you read more and more of their propaganda and you compare it what's actually going off you soon realise how bad they are at lying. Ahmadinejad almost sounded like comical Ali (Iraqi minister for information), when he kept repeating that people support him, there are no rallies against him, etc. It was quite funny. I think he's quite delusional and might even believe Iranians still like him.

I do think the regime feel they can keep their people penned in away from outside influences forever, but it was inevitable that they would decide enough was enough. A catalyst was needed, and rigging the elections was just that. The younger generation of Iranian people love the west, America, pop music, our life styles. They are the same as us in many ways, and they deserve freedom.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just checked Cnn,Telegraph UK and Jerusalem Post and no ones mentioned anything about tanks.Are these rumors or am i looking in the wrong places?I realize theres a crackdown on the international press but shouldnt there be more confirmed reports regarding this?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Check out twitter for updates, although not everything there is true. It won't be reported in western media until later in the day I presume. We don't have anyone there to report it, and even then it will be people on the ground videoing it with their mobile phones and uploading to youtube if they can get online. I don't know how they manage it.

search.twitter.com...

search.twitter.com...

search.twitter.com...

Twitter did confirm the tanks by several users and said they'd seen them personally, but that was 5 hrs ago. And since then it has been said to be unconfirmed and then confirmed on and off.

Although the Farsi source in the header still remains saying tanks placed into Tehran.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This is the google translation from that source:

"Tanks into the square were released now.

Decisive support to the Assembly yesterday the remarks of Ayatollah Khamenei declared.

Mohsen Mirdamadi arrested a few days ago Vbh distance was released two days was arrested again today.

Aykh statement agreed by the Assembly Mntshrshd some party this House signed Khbrgzaryhay government Azaama not all noun Mntshrkrdnd the Assembly.

.Ali Soleimani Tajrnya and David, the former House of Representatives are among the detainees. "

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
they're taking all the protest videos off youtube now. i was able to watch one that got cut off halfway through. none of the others work anymore. if you have any, post them on here.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Tanks in side of a city without support from the ground are sitting ducks,and can be taken out very easy, well as combat goes that is.

And I do speak from knowing this first hand as in training.
Tanks are an awesome weapon but they do have there weakness.
Bottled up like they will be can make for a very bad day for there crews, and I am sure that many of there crews will find it hard to kill the very people that they are trained to defend!

I hope so anyway.

I my self think we are seeing the end of Iran as it has been for the last 30 years. People just want to be free to raise there family's and have as good as a life that they can have with the time they are given.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yeah, because this would really help America...uhm...do....uh...hrm, well I'll get back to you on what exactly they could accomplish, but I'm sure it's because this is all bullcrap...even though the election was pretty much claimed to be victory within an hour of poll closings...with paper ballots that have to be counted by hand, and millions upon millions of voters. I'm sure it was legit

[edit on 21-6-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
more CIA propaganda as usual against Iran . i hope that USA economy contracts , so that CIA budget can be reduced , and USA stop meddling in others affairs

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join