It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

My thoughts are it could be easily achieved.....Just do it. But look what happened when we cut off N. Korea.

The people suffer so terribly......

Nobody wants to see that happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18
twitter #iranelection the tanks haven't been confirmed yet and people are saying it appears to be a govt rumour

Yes now says unconfirmed but half an hour ago said confirmed. Strange. Could be regime spies saying that, but don't know either way.

Have a source saying army commanders back Rafsanjani:

eldercato.wordpress.com...

"Top army commanders are reported to have pledged loyalty to Rafsanjani. This is unconfirmed, but if true would be a significant development and monumentous blow to the Khamenei led government."

Hmmm is it possible these tanks support the people or are there no tanks. V. strange for it to be confirmed by several reliable sources and later unconfirmed. Just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The consequences of engaging Iran

The White House has so far resisted calls to speak out more forcefully in support of Iranian demonstrators and shelve plans for a dialogue with Iran's leadership.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The White House has so far resisted calls to speak out more forcefully in support of Iranian demonstrators and shelve plans for a dialogue with Iran's leadership

This is a smart move. It wouldn't look all that great if the protests in Iran completely fail and we are left with an Iranian government that we just hoped would be overthrown.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Who was it who said "Obama will be tested"?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be awsome if the tanks entered the city and then joined the oposition??

I hope the Iranian people's voice are heard and that they triumph in their fight!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

The White House has so far resisted calls to speak out more forcefully in support of Iranian demonstrators and shelve plans for a dialogue with Iran's leadership

This is a smart move. It wouldn't look all that great if the protests in Iran completely fail and we are left with an Iranian government that we just hoped would be overthrown.

Hmm but Obama wants fruitful dialogue, and we've seen the regime lying repeatedly over the past week. On newsnight Henry Kissinger said the other night that Obama would have to go for regime change if Khamenei stayed in power.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have to agree with the US response to this point. However, when do you all think the US will open its' mouth in terms of the protesters? Will the tanks entering Tehran be the final straw to the muteness of the United States on this issue?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Joe Biden, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, has told Americans to expect a “major international crisis” that will present an early test of a Barack Obama administration. His comments were seized upon by the Republican campaign yesterday to raise fresh doubts about the prepared-ness of Mr Obama to be commander-in-chief. Speaking at a fundraiser in Seattle on Sunday night, Mr Biden said: “Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here . . . we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.” He cited Russia and the Middle East as possible places that may cause problems, as well as the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan – “crawling with al-Qaeda” – as being of particular concern. Mr Obama would need help and support, Mr Biden suggested, “because it’s not gonna be apparent, initially, that we’re right.” He then spotted the media in the room, “I probably shouldn’t have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here.”

www.timesonline.co.uk...

link   
reply to post by john124

link   
Basij are marking doors to attack later. Suggesting to use oil/petrol to remove marks. Dawn is near, some folks are gonna' get a nasty early morning surprise.

link   
Where are those posters who were so effusive in their praise of the Iranian Govt? Where are those who defended that little scum who serves as President of Iran?

Where are you? Are you hiding like the filthy vermin you are? What have you to say now as your heroes are murdering innocent Iranians in the street?

Speak up you cowards.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Where are those posters who were so effusive in their praise of the Iranian Govt? Where are those who defended that little scum who serves as President of Iran?

Where are you? Are you hiding like the filthy vermin you are? What have you to say now as your heroes are murdering innocent Iranians in the street?

Speak up you cowards.

I applause this statement.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
On newsnight Henry Kissinger said the other night that Obama would have to go for regime change if Khamenei stayed in power.

Who the friggin hell is Kissinger to decide the fate of another country?!?

Stay inside your own borders and fix your own domestic problems, before you step out and tell the world what to do.

Tell me, when will the USA revolution take place? At first it was funny, but now I'm really tired of Team USA World Police.

The Iranian conflict/revolution will only affect me in one direct way, the price of petrol. Good luck to them, may they take each other down and rebuild their country and religion from scratch.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'd just like everyone to know that there are 100's of other countries that can intervene if they want.

Why does everyone seem to feel justified in it ALWAYS being us that has to get involved in this crap?

By the way.....where would we pull the money out of? Our asses?

We are mega trillions in the hole...yet some of the people who complain about spending are the first to say we need to invade in another country.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

hmm sounds similar to the whole Iraq situation, give the people a proper working government

i feel that they have learnt the lesson from iraq, as to not just go in on their own accord

perhaps they will use the media as a tool to get the people of america/ the world to pressure government intervention in iran to give the iran people a 'proper working government'

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Who the friggin hell is Kissinger to decide the fate of another country?!?

Funny thing about living in a truly free country. You get to state your opinions publicly.

If you don't like that...tough.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

What have you to say now as your heroes are murdering innocent Iranians in the street?

What do you have to say about Egypt and Saudi Arabia's government who oppress and kill their own citizens?

How about any country that does this for that matter...those who CAN'T EVEN VOTE...let alone have a fraudulent election.

No one supports the deaths of innocent people....but I do not support intervening in another country's business...

....it seems like that has gotten us into trouble in the past

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Too bad John Titor didn't seem to think there was going to be revolution in Iran with rose pedals..

So I'm going to have to say that Ahmadinejad has the upper hand here.

With folks around the world wanting to strike Iran for building a nuclear power plant, which they would need in order to feed their growing population, you would think some Iranians would stand in solidarity with their government? Unless the U.S. in some way was able to bring about all of this?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

What do you have to say about Egypt and Saudi Arabia's government who oppress and kill their own citizens?

I don't support either of those govts so your post is nonsensical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join