It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hunty

They just did a segment on CNN and showed that video, They blocked out the girl's face and had some translation which included that the man holding her chest was a doctor, and he was telling her "do not be afraid, open your mouth" then he said she was dead. The man you hear screaming is her father.

She was (according to witnesses) shot by a sniper on a roof top.

That video is spreading all over the world, and now was played by at least one MSM cable network in the USA.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
She was (according to witnesses) shot by a sniper on a roof top.

That video is spreading all over the world,

Haven't you heard she was a CIA agent.

My heart goes out to her family.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No way, but perhaps the sniper was

Looking at the bigger picture prevents the success of covert military hypnosis propaganda techniques, which always and repeatedly try to focus the targets attention upon ONE THING, ONE IDEA, ONE ATROCITY...usually one filled with intense emotion

Perhaps it is time to link to President Eisehower's Farewell to Public Office speech about the Military Industrial Complex.. though today we also have the Clandestine Industrial Complex (Drug Distribution ) and the Prison Industrial Complex (50% of american prisoners are in for an ounce or less of pot) , and the Space Weapons Industrial Complex LINK

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"
Jimi Hendrix - US Army 101st Airborne

"The show must go on" PT Barnun

[edit on 21-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by bluepanic

Hey news flash....

Not everything is a CIA plot.
Only the things that go wrong IMO
Hey well put.I feel the same way.If the C.I.A.is that effective why is lil Kim still running a starving N.Korea?Wouldnt they have arranged to have him replaced?Sorry to stray from topic but had to get that off my chest.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by Genfinity

Good point regarding the Iraq situation, forcing Iran to withdraw fighters and money they have invested in Iraq may temporarily ease that situation unless they manage to enlist Arab fighters to come into the fray. It also could leave a power vacuum....

Looks like the Chinese press is jumping in on Iran's side, interesting article:
news.xinhuanet.com...

That's because China is next

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

reply to post by bluepanic

Hey news flash....

Not everything is a CIA plot.
Only the things that go wrong IMO

Hey well put.I feel the same way.If the C.I.A.is that effective why is lil Kim still running a starving N.Korea?Wouldnt they have arranged to have him replaced?Sorry to stray from topic but had to get that off my chest.

Absolutely correct!

If CIA was capable of doing this, they would do it in America too

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Iran election: sinister parallels between Tehran protests and the 1979 revolution

In the brutal street conflicts of 1979 Ali Khamenei was a lowly seminary lecturer, while Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a student activist. Both were thrown into prison by the Shah's ruthless secret police.

In their current roles as supreme leader and president, the pair are now responsible for casting hundreds - possibly thousands - of protesters into Evin prison for precisely the reasons they themselves were held three decades ago.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Iran election: sinister parallels between Tehran protests and the 1979 revolution

In the brutal street conflicts of 1979 Ali Khamenei was a lowly seminary lecturer, while Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a student activist. Both were thrown into prison by the Shah's ruthless secret police.

In their current roles as supreme leader and president, the pair are now responsible for casting hundreds - possibly thousands - of protesters into Evin prison for precisely the reasons they themselves were held three decades ago.

BIG difference tween the two... it was a previous democratically elected (and relatively moderate compared to current regime) leadership in Iran that was replaced during a military coup supported by the CIA that installed The Shah's military dictatorship.. The CIA were now losing their man in Iran...Losing their man's brutal SAVAK security machinery, and the information they provided, and, likely most importantly Boeing and McDonnell Douglas was losing a big customer. Those were terrible days for america, no?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't understand how people can look at this situation and NOT see US involvement here.

This is how we do.

It is the power of persuasion. You put the message out there enough and people will follow it. It happens all the time here in America through television and we have intelligence agencies that promote the same exact tactics abroad.

Either way, Ahmadenijad is a bad man. Eventually, he'll be replaced by another bad man.
This way we have a power struggle in the middle east. You do realize that the American Government doesn't WANT peace in the middle east, right?

They have come close to truces before. But then some "crazy" just happens to kill four or five folks and talks break down.

It isn't good for our oil business if everyone over there is cooperating.

Just my opinion, of course.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Every man in Islam is permitted arms, I don't know what country specific laws they have on the legislitive aspects though and what their enthusiasm for this is.

link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

If the C.I.A.is that effective why is lil Kim still running a starving N.Korea?

Because the military industrial complex still needs an enemy.

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel when they attempt to use North Korea as a continued excuse for more war funding.

link   
Well i have been watching events unfold and i can see paralells with the Romanian Revoultion when they wore their national colours just like those brave Iranian fotballers did as are the protesters in Iran right now. Interestingly, if i am correct, green is an important colour in islamic thinking, does it symbolise faith/battle ? . Anyway my thinking on this situation is that Iran is sliding into a civil war. That is not good news for the Middle East. Al Quieda and their supporters will take advantage of war torn situations, just look at the mess that Iraq was in. And more worringly Iran has the potential to make/produce nukes. The next few days will be crucial i suspect as this is make or break time for Iran. Very sad though as Iran is a beautiful country with a rich history (Persia) and lots of interesting archeological sites to visit...

My thoughts and prayers are with the civillians in Iran who have been caught up in all of this.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

Anyway my thinking on this situation is that Iran is sliding into a civil war.

That's a good thing if the object is to keep U.S. forces in the region.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Yeah, but keeping US forces in the region isn't a good thing.
It is going to kill this country.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Yeah, but keeping US forces in the region isn't a good thing.

It is going to kill this country.

No, keeping U.S. forces in the region won't kill America, it's going to cause a revolution in America.

Who says the CIA doesn't know what they are doing?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I don't think that the CIA has the best interests of Americans in mind.

Any revolution here in the States directed by the CIA would not become a change for the better. Just my opinion of course and really sorta' irrelevant to the topic of Iranian revolution.
Although it is my opinion that the CIA is likely involved there.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I don't think that the CIA has the best interests of Americans in mind.

Any revolution here in the States directed by the CIA would not become a change for the better. Just my opinion of course and really sorta' irrelevant to the topic of Iranian revolution.

Although it is my opinion that the CIA is likely involved there.

The CIA came into existance after the Federal Reserve. So the agenda of the CIA is most likely to be that of the Fedeeral Reserve.

If the Agenda of the Federal Reserve is to break up the United States then what better way than to bog down the military industrial complex in a never ending war in the middle east?

The war in Iraq has been played out as far as it could go. And how long can they really stretch the war in Afghanistan?

The timing of the Iranian revolution is fortunate I would say. It should be an easy sell to move troops from Iraq to Iran to help quell the civil war. Maybe the middle east powers that be will even fund US military involvement.

What are thier choices?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well, off the top of my head, one choice would be to finally realize that their empire building days are over and pull back to the home base.

Alas, it is a pipedream.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Well, off the top of my head, one choice would be to finally realize that their empire building days are over and pull back to the home base.

Another goal of the Federal Reserve is probably to reunite Persia and bring forth the anti-christ. I really don't think the US is going anywhere but into Iran.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is interesting and another source that someone saw a tank.

www.time.com...

It's unclear how many people showed up to protest. It is also not yet certain where some armed factions of the government stand. Attacks by Basiji seemed to be plentifully and painfully in evidence. But was the army solidly on the government's side or not? What about the Revolutionary Guard? What of the tank someone spotted? What do we do with the government claim that a suicide bomber attacked the sacrosanct mausoleum of the Imam Khomeini? And of the claim that demonstrators were breaking the ultimate Iranian political taboo, shouting "Death to the Supreme Leader"? Reports echoed on both new and old media said several key protest organizers had been arrested. But had the government succeeded in retaking the streets? Or will there be more resistance today, as Mousavi has apparently requested?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join