It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by audas
Ahmedinijad was leading in the polls prior the elections, and all indicators are that he won a significant majority - so why are the people protesting ?

Well over 60% of total US expenditure is on domestic and foriegn propaganda aimed at regime change - the name of this is CIA.

You have huge protests supporting Ahmadinijad - where is the coverage of this ?

I can not believe what I am watching, I can not believe that people are falling for the same trick again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again - when will you wake up!?

What?!!! The regime are the ones trying the same trick of lying over and over again. This is the first really moronic comment I've read on this thread.

If Ahmadinejad won why are all these people protesting against him, why the need to use violence, why not just do a proper recount or just run the election again?

If so many support Ahmadinejad then would these protests not be seen as insulting to them and therefore vote for him again, and maybe increase his vote count???

Hmmm it seems you haven't thought about this whole situation one bit.

The Ahmadinejad rallies had 20,000 people max. Compare that to the 3 million out last Monday rallying for the opposition.

Oh and don't forget the arabs who aren't even Iranian on the side of the regime that were flown in from Lebanon. Even with extra outside support, Ahmadinejad's rallies were tiny in comparison. So there's the answer to your question about where's the coverage of his large rallies. It just never happened. You fell for the regime propaganda and constant lies about Ahmadinejad winning.

You have no evidence of CIA involvement whatsoever.

This is simply not true - the rallies supporting Ahmedinijad have been significantly larger - it is almost the entire country as it is the poor rural people who support him as opposed to the wealthy upper class of Tehran and the students - consider this - the largest backer of Mousavi owns most of the Universities in Iran - students ?

Almost all polls, including US polls showed Ahmedinijad was going to win and did win. So answer your won question - why should there be a recount because the CIA is causing trouble amongst the wealthy elite who are screaming "rigged" - this is EXACTLY what happened in Venezuela and other countries - why should there be a recount or any other action when foreign secret services are simply stirring up trouble for their own purposes ?

Finally Iran has been the primary focus of global media and US foreign policy for the past 5 years - as if the CIA ISNT involved in the country - if the CIA is not involved in the country then it would be the most radical intelligence failure of all time - so even common sense tells us that they are involved.

Propaganda and regime change is the primary mandate of the CIA and the primary focus is IRAN - put two and two together for once.
OR should that be Agent.......

That's funny you say that, as the evidence suggests what I said was correct, and you having nothing to back up your claim. Where are ahmadinajads supporters now! Oh you mean the vicious killing the regime people, most of them aren't even Iranian, they are arabic basij militia.

Oh I expect you'll go find some dodgy website with made up stories written by scumbags like hal turner. But I know what's real and what isn't.

I disagree that CIA not being involved is a radical intelligence failure. So your reasoning that says its common sense is also flawed.

Why can't you accept the USA is not involved in everything going off on this planet?

Those kids who the regime got to confess were obviously tortured for confessions. That's how the regime operates - they beat kids black & blue on places that can be covered with clothing and then put a gun to their head and march them to the state tv station and say you will say these words to the camera otherwise next time we'll shoot you after we chop off all your fingers first.

Many survivors of this vicious torture who left Iran shortly afterwards have come forward about this.

I know you'll probably go on about the US torturing and stuff. But please that does not mean everyone else is all nice and good to their people just because the US does some bad stuff. It's a wasted argument.

And you guys need to be less obsessive in your thoughts about CIA and the bad ol' USA. Just look at each situation and country from a unique perspective, don't just automatically assume CIA gone and did it! Unless you see CIA evidence, which I cannot at the moment in Iran. Can you really!

Are you Hal Turner's cousin suffering from the same delusions. Now hal turner is one deluded guy, put in the same boat with some of these religious psychopaths in Iran - namely khamenei & ahmajinejad.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by styleswahington
you know what i think you are in the right direction of thinking Ive never wrote on here before but for some reason i just think there's more to the story we don't really know whats going on we cant trust cnn or msm really because once again they gotta make pay checks i just think this is bigger than we can think i think the government our government(u.s) has something to do with this. idk just fishy that we are so focused on Iran i am one of the people not against the people if this ever were to happen in America i would be in the mix i think we kinda need a revolution but a different kind one more ultimtie freedom freedom from the mind of what it perceives freedom to truly live and think as we wont as you can see it cant last anymore to me the time of me the time of money of control is dying the people have had enough we as Americans should know whats going on better than anyone we broke free once from a government long before they say history repeats it self the word change is something of big importance in the world today CHANGE this is right now on some real s***t look around to the climate to the laws to the universe to our genes its changing an we are watching this before our eyes this happens everywhere in the world why are we so focused on iran i mean it dosent make sense to me that we go into iraq looking for nukes dont find them were still there doing god knows what i guess where trying to make a democracy over there or what ever for those guys dont know if they even want it i mean than n.korea is testing them an were just chilling on some other type of laid back shi t it dosent add up than iran is talking about nukes an shi t and the people are getting there hearts and are figuring out how stupid the world is government is the rule of law it is a figment of our imagination i think these people have figured it out everything in the world can be traced to the same line it all falls together there has to be a reason well anyway am just a open minded college student expressing how i view things cant wait till we as Americans just have enough of this political bull # that controls not only our future but our feeling s all of this nonsense in the world is furthering us away from the main reason...why who are we why are we here? pain love what does it mean these are what we need to be focused on not this religion or how ever you like to think life as only kills creativity of the mind we often lock our selves in position an close our mind to possibles why cant everyone just stop what ever they are doing an ask them selves some questions like who am i what am i doing you will find that theirs much more important things than disagreeing with each other we are different all of us not agreeing is natural its explains our uniqueness we need to become more creative not more destructive more peaceful war only makes more war look i know people gonna argue with this stuff my first post hope you guys dont kill me lol but hey am from philly so fuc k it ill just rock out ya diggggg!

OK mate
your mood on your page is :high as #

No kidding man!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
anyone know how to post a b.s. flag?

khameni knows if he ups the ante he will piss off those that actually do support him.

he remembers all too well during the revolution of '79 when the government started to crackdown on the protestors. thats when he (they) got real momentum and became the majority. it wont be just the college kids throwing rocks...

He wont make the same mistake.

i say it will be over in a week..with the same government...maybe a few more freedoms.

people have to go back to work!...duh!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I disagree that CIA not being involved is a radical intelligence failure. So your reasoning that says its common sense is also flawed.

Why can't you accept the USA is not involved in everything going off on this planet?

you also probably think that waterboarding is not torture
and that there are no secret CIA prisons around the world...

there is a hard evidence that CIA have a long history of interfering
in Middle Eastern countries (especially Iran!) and around the globe in general

you should learn some history, otherwise you look [SNIP]

what is happening in Iran now is just a classical example of CIA using naive
people with empty promises and money for their plans to destabilize a country
and topple a government that is opposing us interests

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

surely, the cia has had their fingers in many pies.

this may be one of them, it may not.

but what you have to do is ask yourslf what will the cia, America i.e... the fascist elite/ corporatistrs gain if their is a regime change?

in my humble opinion, nothing. but they will lose an enemy...

what they are gaining now, is valuable information via facebook, twitter and other social networks as to whom and how people are trying to spread information and communicate. u can bet it is not only the iranian government monitoring these kinds of internet activities...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I dislike the US trying to interfere with everyone's affairs. This is Iran's problem, not ours, how would we like it if it happened here and China wants to interefere with our politics?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I blame on Obama for interfering on Iran's affairs. So much for talking with our enemies. He meant being more devious than Bush.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I dislike the US trying to interfere with everyone's affairs. This is Iran's problem, not ours, how would we like it if it happened here and China wants to interefere with our politics?

China has operatives in the US and they are constantly trying to undermine America to prop up their interests. That goes for the Russians too. Iran seems to enjoy interfering with US operations in Iraq by training and providing the opposition with weapons to kill US troops. Every country on the planet is going things covertly to lookout for their interests so don't act like America is the only one.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We will be there by August..... Mark my words...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

John124, I agree with you about Hal Turner and that the USA is not involved in everything going on in this world. Many Iranian people are pissed off and doing what they can about it.
I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA and intelligence people from all over the world are in Iran pulling strings and trying to make moves but this revolution was started by the people for the people.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense that the CIA would want to topple the Irani regeme. They have nothing to gain. The other candidate for president as I recall isn't friendly to the USA.

Plus, a couple of days ago there were pictures of the crowed for Ahmandinijad and it was photoshoped to make the crowd look bigger. They even used the same pictures to crop in different parts of the photo. Talk about a horrible job.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So what the US may be involved in whats happening in Iran right now. They are a threat, whether or not you choose to believe it. I say good for the US if they are involved and good if they aren't. One less player off the map and one more ally. I see it as the survival of the fittest. Iran wanted to threaten US allies and the US, become allies with US enemies, and blatanty at that.
Now their president, who stole the presidency, and who openly hates the US, has to deal with protest because the people don't want him in office. This guy even denies the holocaust ever happened. He is off his rocker and should not be in office, especially when he stole it.

Let Iran be Iran, but when they start an actual civil war, who would you rather have the power. A maniac, or the people of Iran.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

you also probably think that waterboarding is not torture
and that there are no secret CIA prisons around the world...

there is a hard evidence that CIA have a long history of interfering
in Middle Eastern countries (especially Iran!) and around the globe in general

you should learn some history, otherwise you look [SNIP]

what is happening in Iran now is just a classical example of CIA using naive
people with empty promises and money for their plans to destabilize a country
and topple a government that is opposing us interests

No I think waterboarding is torture. CIA prison around the world yes, but please explain what this has got to do with Iran and your original point. You said the CIA has intigated these riots and are trying to topple the regime. You have yet to prove this, and since all facts say the Iranian's have managed this on their own, then you won't convince anyone apart from other people like you who decide without looking at the facts.

In the past there was CIA involvement, but not right now! Don't you realise funding for covert ops in Iran was cut a couple years ago.

Just because it's convenient that we don't want this regime to stay in power does not mean that the US have interferred.

I know history, but do you know the present facts!? It seems not!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyGuy
So what the US may be involved in whats happening in Iran right now. They are a threat, whether or not you choose to believe it. I say good for the US if they are involved and good if they aren't. One less player off the map and one more ally. I see it as the survival of the fittest. Iran wanted to threaten US allies and the US, become allies with US enemies, and blatanty at that.
Now their president, who stole the presidency, and who openly hates the US, has to deal with protest because the people don't want him in office. This guy even denies the holocaust ever happened. He is off his rocker and should not be in office, especially when he stole it.

Let Iran be Iran, but when they start an actual civil war, who would you rather have the power. A maniac, or the people of Iran.

Well the evidence suggests there isn't CIA involvement in the current protests. I see no reason that these current protests could not happen without CIA anyway.

But I agree that if they do get involved or if evidence suggests they are that someone can show me, then my response will be "OK so now they are involved, what's the big deal, this is actually good for us you know!"

So to those people that are going on and on about CIA involvement, shut up, it doesn't matter even if you can prove it.

Oh remember Ahmadinejad saying this about Israel few years back:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I blame on Obama for interfering on Iran's affairs.

I blame myself for not paying attention to the msm, so forgive me for not understanding what the hell it is you are talking about...what does "blame on Obama" mean exactly?

So much for talking with our enemies. He meant being more devious than Bush.

again, im totally confused as to your point..it is probably me, I cant read context very well..maybe ur jokeing?

If anyone feels America should step into this..feel free to catch the first camel ride over there....pack ur bags and get out of this country...by all means...America has no business over there, as we have no business in Iraq. we are hypocrites for being in Iraq...we would be fools and larger hypocrites stepping into Irans political affairs.

Hopefully the CIAs nose is clean on this one...

I would truly hope if Obama puts us in Iran we would see our own revolution...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I hope the usa stays out of this one. but you know the usa in the past has next to never done that. so if all hell breaks loose , the big pig wigs will want to protect oil. you know what happens next right. we get involved. I HAVE always said it , we will go to iran watch and see.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
British embassy in Iran warned as protests crushed

British embassy in Iran warned as protests crushed

By Jay Deshmukh – 14 hours ago

TEHRAN (AFP) — Pro-government students in Iran have warned of protests outside the British embassy over alleged interference in the country after new opposition rallies were broken up by riot police.

Four student unions said they were planning to stage protests and Fars news agency quoted student leader Esmail Tahmouressi as warning of another "November 4", the date when radical students seized the US embassy in Tehran after the 1979 revolution.

Iran has ordered a BBC correspondent to leave the country and lawmakers called for Tehran to review its often strained relations with London.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
A couple of things

Im not usually one to quote each paragraph, I just felt perhaps you visisted Iran prior to the current regime.
It was nice and a bit 'more free' but that’s changed in the last 5-6 years.

And your right, each country has problems like this, for example, I think it was Fiji, or some pacific nation.
They rioted and blockaded streets for weeks, eventually the elected leader stood down accepting the people didn’t want him.
Do you really think the Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad are just going to step down?

Nope - visited Iran a couple of times in recent years.

I'll use the example of Saudi Arabia in comparison with Iran (for good reason):
- monarchy, so no elections at all
- strict Sharia law, and have the Koran as their constitution, effecively
- still have public beheadings and stonings
- still have public amputations and floggings (for offences like drinking)
- only country in the world where women can't drive (much more strict than just wearing dark clothing or veils)
- blood money for women is half that of men
- honour killings are still carried out
- something like 19 of 21 hijackers from 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia

...yet STILL Saudi Arabia is a great friend and ally to the west, whereas Iran is the great Satan because of a revolution in 1979, and giving the US higher gas prices during the oil embargo in 1973.

Look, I'm not saying what's going on over there is good, by any means, but our views of Iran have been so shaded by the media over the years. Even with the tragic shooting of the girl yesterday (and believe me, I find that horrendous), the media reported 'blood streaming from her nose and mouth' as she died. In the 2 news videos I saw of it, this didn't happen, as she appeared to be hit in the throat, where they were applying pressure. Why do they have to make a horrendous event more graphic than it actually was? If I'm wrong there, please correct me, but that's just that what I saw in the media didn't match the descriptive headlines and media reports...

In response to the ORIGINAL post - I'm yet to see another source that has tanks in Tehran, or people having their doors kicked down and executed in their homes... Is this another media outlet exaggerating an already terrible situation?

Rewey

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
[edit on 23-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

To sstart at the bottom!

Tanks were never deployed, not sure who posted that.
But Twitter has become so infected with redneck Americans, spam, Basij officials that its almost pointless in using it. In the first few days it was ripe with good intel, now its just crap!

Second,

Ive seen that video a few times also,
To be honest I cant say if she was shot in the heart, or the neck.
They seem to be applying pressure to her chest..

The video's sickening, the girl reminds me of my partner.
Makes me want to cry!

But, as she's laying on the ground, you see her eyes follow the camera.
then, blood streams out her mouth and nose...
the people start screaming.
she's so calm, not moaning or flinching, she just dies right there in the street..

I dont disagree, Saudi is a evil state that deserves a lot of riddicule in the media. And why we are friends with them is obvious, OIL!

Ive never said Iran was the great Satan, im a deep supporter of the Iranian people and there rights.
I hate their government, but believe its up to Iran to do something about it.

You may be confusing me with someone else, because im never one to criticise Irans rights or freedoms.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join