It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, So Now There's Water On The Moon... Thanks NASA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok, so somehow everyone that believes that there is nothing to question about the moon landings have come to this thread.
Thats cool though, I love you guys too.

But listen up, something IS going on.

someone asked, "what are people going to say when pics come back of the moon landing?"
Well, let me make this easier for you, we have pics of the moon landing already, and their in excellent quality, and even more, you can control and zoom in and out of the pics!

courtesy of the Lunar and Planetary Institute:
www.lpi.usra.edu... JSC2007e045385&zoom=True
www.lpi.usra.edu... SC2004e20304&zoom=True

Seems perfectly normal right?

Well, thanks to Mikesingh and a recent thread of his: Thread
We can see that these pictures, just like sooooooo many others have been manipulated by NASA:

Ok guys, so what’s happening here? Look carefully. Two intriguing images - out of perhaps many - that would set you thinking as to what the heck’s going on in NASA and the Moon landings? Now these two images have sown the seeds of suspicion whether what we’ve been handed out are actual images of the Moon or not! Did you for a moment imagine there could be duplicate rocks on the surface of the Moon? YES! Duplicate rocks!

and if you want more, just type in a google, ATS, or youtube search of NASA airbrushed moon images...

but you guys have every right to believe whatever you want, just consider the evidence.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

There's nothing fake about the footage, just a lot of uninformed individuals who think they know more about interpreting the photos than NASA scientists.

No, there is a lot more to it than that. If only this was the case.
We have govt. officials, ex-NASA personnel, astronauts, and many other very legitimate sources step up and question, and even deny, what NASA has lead us to believe.
It also has nothing to do with what NASA officials say about the pics, its smart people, like you and I and many others that see this pics and videos and say, "wait a min, thats not right, how come?" and getting back an answer that has nothing to do with the question.

Just because you don't know how to find the answers doesn't mean they don't already exist. Questions do not change reality.

Again, this has nothing to do with finding answers as it does believing everything your told. I don't need the FDA telling me that its ok to eat all the pesticides and preservatives and artificial ingredients such as growth hormones in our food and drinks to know its actually bad for me.
The problem isnt finding the answer, its that they aren't telling us the truth... understandable as they would lose all credibility and funding if they did.
And your right, questions don't change reality, neither does false information.
Asking questions does make you smarter though, so long as the person giving you the answer is telling the truth...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
Water is the building block of life and its on two separate masses (besides earth) in our own solar system! That we know of!

It's the "building block of life" for us. Maybe not for other species. The Universe is vast. Who is to say that life cannot form in other ways? On some other world, electricity could be the building block of life. Or perhaps some other material that our frail human mind have yet to grasp.
The point is, we base our reality on what we know, and we don't know as much as we'd like to think we know. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that our species, as a whole, is mentally handicapped.
Anyone ever see Idiocracy? That's where we're headed, if things don't change soon.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Oh, dear!

We've been over this before, on MikeSingh's thread.

Please have another gander at the pics...note that they are labeled "Panorama"??

Various photos were 'stiched' together. The intent was to have a pretty, panoramic horizon image. Distortions, because of lenses and such, meant that the side-by-side images didn't match up exactly, especially in the foreground.

No 'trickery', nothing sinister.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I like the way you think!
good points

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

lol
meh, thats ONE way of looking at it, but show me some proof!
If it were simply stitched together then I would think the rocks would be closer to one another and not on varying levels and spread out as much as they are.
BUT, you could be completely right... or I could...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That video with the window was pretty convincing.

And I started to give weedwacker a chance. However, Buzz Aldrin in the video someone posted after in support of weedwacker pretty much confirms that the window shot has to be fake.

Why? Because Buzz Aldrin states that their craft rotates around on the plane as the earth. What does that mean? It means that if the craft is rotating, then how do they keep and get a steady shot of the earth at the same time?

Something does not add up there. If they are rotating as he says, then you wouldn't be able to get a steady shot of the moon for long periods of time.

Please correct me if there is an error in that thinking. I am being open minded, but I have some serious doubts now.

Combined with them not allowing direct feeds, but being made to use technology many years older and it makes me go hmmmm.

The most convincing part to me was the glare that was in the window after. There is a very bright blue light coming from the window, as if it was in earths orbit.

If anyone can give actual reasons why these are false, I'd love to hear them. Please don't bother with the ridicule however.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
As well, now that we see the earth in color, the cloud coverage for the earth is way off. Almost 2/3's of the earth is covered in clouds.

And, I believe at one point I can even see australia, and it's huge on there and all alone.

The panorama explanation made sense to me btw.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Now there is news that NASA plans to bomb the moon
to find the water.

What are they going to do with it.
Take a bath.

We are taking the bath with the waste of all those launch burn offs.
I have stock in commercial atomic gas suppliers but bet NASA has
their own favorite suppliers.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Because Buzz Aldrin states that their craft rotates around...

The 'rotation' was not constant. It was done, as needed, to even the temperatures. The side of the ship in direct sunlight gets hotter than the side in shadow. They use the maneuvering thrusters. In Low Earth Orbit, depending on the plane of the orbit, the ship is constantly moving from sunlight to dark. About every 90 minutes to complete one orbit. However, depending on the mission, even the Shuttle sometimes has to be re-oriented for temperature equalization.

As to the light shining in?? THAT is why they covered the windows....to block the sunlight!!! That video used their own 'trickery' to fool its audience, by innuendo.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

If it were simply stitched together then I would think the rocks would be closer to one another and not on varying levels and spread out as much as they are.

If you own a digital camera, you can try it for yourself. Find an appropriate landscape, take a series of several pics, turning each time so there is minimal overlap, then see how well they line up when you display them.

Remember, the Astronauts had no viewfinders, per se. The cameras were mounted at about chest height, on the front of their suits. I think they could peer down, and see a rough idea of the framing. SO, for the panoramas, they had to 'guesstimate' how much to turn for each shot.

Oh, and get this! They practiced A LOT on Earth, to become very familiar withthe Hasselblads.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ok people, put down the pitch forks. We will finally have the perfect evidence to prove to everyone that we did indeed land on the moon because:

The new LRO will be imaging the landing site!!!

The LRO will also offer the highest resolution imaging of the Lunar surface we have ever had from an orbiter.

Just to clear things up, the LRO mission is focusing on, I believe, the South Polar cap of the Moon, this was not where we explored before. We were in the Sea of Tranquility ( i think, it's late ) which, if you're looking at the Moon, is one of the darker masses on the Eastern side.

You guys really need to drop this whole "we never landed on the moon" business.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
if we didnt land on the moon then i guess edgar mitchell must be crazy fooled me cause i believed him

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

dude, images of the sites wont satisfy these people. You could fly them to the moon and show them the apollo sites and they would say something like "yeah well theyve just been planted there recently , no way theyve been there 40 years"

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

LOL!

You know that Bart Sibrel, et al, are worried because their Moon "hoax" baloney is going to dry up. Bet they're circling the wagons now, just to do as you suggested -- make up new junk to sell!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Because Buzz Aldrin states that their craft rotates around...

The 'rotation' was not constant. It was done, as needed, to even the temperatures. The side of the ship in direct sunlight gets hotter than the side in shadow. They use the maneuvering thrusters. In Low Earth Orbit, depending on the plane of the orbit, the ship is constantly moving from sunlight to dark. About every 90 minutes to complete one orbit. However, depending on the mission, even the Shuttle sometimes has to be re-oriented for temperature equalization.

As to the light shining in?? THAT is why they covered the windows....to block the sunlight!!! That video used their own 'trickery' to fool its audience, by innuendo.

I don't know about the orbiter stuff, so I will take your word on that and give the benefit of the doubt.

But the light comes in from the same window as the earth camera, so how cold that be the sun, and is a very bright blue light.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Along with frozen water and regolith with a high oxygen content - The moon also has an atmosphere.

Here are some images of it (From Apollo):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/028255a4377b.jpg[/atsimg]

Look at that atmosphere!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3b4ceee38af.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e675b871a56.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That never showed up in all the Apollo Missions.
More lies uncovered.

And Lear said the Moon had an atmosphere.
And no one believed him due to lies about the moon missions.
This must have leaked awhile back due to remote measurements.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

But the light comes in from the same window as the earth camera, so how cold that be the sun, and is a very bright blue light.

Not really. You have to watch again. (I don't have the stomach for it...)

As I said, that was the innuendo from the producers. Remember, all the windows were covered, except the one facing the Earth. Then, they filmed.

Think --- even oF they were in LEO, AND they were filming through the round porthole in the hatch (they weren't) then it would have been just as bright as what you saw in the video, when they uncovered the other windows!!!

It's amazing what crap editing, and some suggestive narration can do.

Again....the real point of this thread should be about the future of the manned missions to the Moon. ALL of the Apollo experience and knowledge will be put to good use. I guess it's harder for Earth-bound folks to comprehend. If it helps to visualize, consider this: During the Trans-Lunar trajectory the relative position of the Sun, to the spacecraft, doesn't change. ONLY when the ship is changing orientation in one of the three axes, or when its trajectory is altered, such as entering Lunar orbit.

Hope that helps.

jra

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
We can see that these pictures, just like sooooooo many others have been manipulated by NASA

Of course they're manipulated. They're panoramic images that have been 'stitched' together in photoshop. But there is no conspiracy here, it's just an imperfect panoramic image. If you're using this as evidence of some kind of conspiracy than you're sorely mistaken.

Take a look at the original images that make up those panoramas. Here are the first image from an Apollo 17 panorama that contains this rock.

AS17-145-22159

Note that there is no duplication what so ever. I encourage you to look through all the original images for all those panoramas and I guaranty you that you won't find a single duplicated rock in any of them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join