It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, So Now There's Water On The Moon... Thanks NASA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Its funny to me how much NASA gives away in their idiocracy.
Obviously they are not idiots individually, but when tested against time, that sure is how it seems.

So the orbiter is on its way to the moon, to test for our future mission back to the moon... swell...

But why run these tests? Surely we have a load of info on the moon since we've visited it before, right?
Well, most of us on this site know thats a bunch of bollocks as well.

So first NASA tells us that, "Oops, we forgot how to go to the moon!"
See Thread

Now we're sending the orbiter back to the moon to:

help it identify safe landing sites and moon resources, and how the lunar radiation environment would affect humans. CNN article

Wow, one would think that we would have already acquired this information back then, gues not. Another "oops."

But wait! Thats not all:

The orbiter will send back all kinds of data, from day-night temperature maps to color imaging and UV reflection, NASA said. There is particular emphasis on areas of the moon that may have continuous access to sunlight and where water may exist. [see same article above]

Oh, well, thats nice to know NASA. First we're told there is no water on any other planet in our solar system, and we find out Mars has water. Now even our moon may have water!
And the general consensus amongst most people is that we are the only intelligent life in the Universe!??
This is NUTS!
Water is the building block of life and its on two separate masses (besides earth) in our own solar system! That we know of!

Well, all I can say is that those people who think life existed on mars and the moon was a base camp too and from earth and mars don't seem so crazy anymore...

Damn, we really don't know anything do we, and yet we act like we're the sh**

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Whoa, there, cowboy!! Calm yourself.

Water ice was detected near the Lunar poles years ago!!

AND, for the record, that thread you linked to? THAT was the bollocks!!

Gee...ya know, Apollo wasn't about the exploration and planning for what future missions are to come. It was about getting there, getting samples and getting back. The samples were mostly to understand the "geology" of the Moon, and to helpfully understand how it formed.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
How water got to Mars bring flung out of an iron core exploding
Sun is hard to find.

Unless Mars and the Moon got some water when the Earth hit
a cosmic rain storm during the Great Flood.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Depending on time and location, daytime surface temps for Mars vary from 80F during summer days to -200 F at the poles in winter. Air termperature however rarely gets much above 32 F.

Since there's hardly any air on mars, the low air volume equals low air speed vs heat from direct light results in low temperatures. More plainly, temperature is proportionate to volume and pressure, both of which are very low on Mars. (1)

So even though there does appear to be water on mars (2/3rds of the way down).

files.abovetopsecret.com...
(2)

It's very likely a lake of ethane, methane, nitrogen, and other hydrocarbons. Take Titan, for instance, not all lakes represent water.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Xtraeme]

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Fri Jun 19 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

this 10 minute clip explains everything

Mod Note: Embedding Videos - Please Review Rule 1j.) ... of the T & C

1j.) ... you will not embed a video with no commentary from you that describes the video and why it is germane to the topic of the thread.

[edit on Fri Jun 19 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

What did the video explain exactly. It was just some guy with a crazy hairdo on a rant with no evidence to back up his claims. Anybody can make up a story and put it on youtube.

Really, I am pretty sure we landed on the moon, because they left that reflector up their that scientests beam lasers off of to determine the distance between the earth and the moon.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

is that you in the video and where you having a rare lucid moment only to loose it again shortly thereafter?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

LMAO, I am pretty sure it was not me. I am way cooler looking. That is why the chicks dig me.

But really what is all this foolishness about we didnt go to the moon. That has been debunked by 90% of the world.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Has NOT been debunked.
If 90% of the world believe it its because they were told to and it was put in the history books.
About the reflector thingy, perhaps, but we don't need a reflector on other planets to measure their distance...

The thing is, I can buy that we've been to the moon, only that the footage we saw completely fake and THAT is what most people go by.
There is a ton of info out there that leaves us with more questions than answers, but I guess thats why so many people have so many different opinions about it.

anyway, thanks for the reply

EDIT to add:
a nice little video of yet more questions on the legitimacy of the moon landing.
there are just way more questions than answers...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I was referring mostly to the fact that the rover found water/ice on mars as NASA confirmed and the pics of what looks to be disturbed dirt caused by water sprouts, which would mean that the water is underground, just like some places here on earth.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ok ok, I'm calm...
But I was not told about this! I guess thats my fault eh?

still, I don't fully buy the whole moon landing thing, and there are just as many questions/info out there that we didn't go to the moon as there are about something else being on the moon.
All of these have left me questioning everything, and thinking of some pretty cool possibilities as well, and some scary ones

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Odessy, sorry to burst your bubble, but that video is pure rubbish.

Go to a museum, or just look at pictures of the Command Module. There is exactly ONE round window, and it is in the hatch.

They had to turn down the interior lights to remove the glare from the inside of the window, which would spoil the shot.

Try doing it yourself -- take a picture, at night, from inside your home of something through a window.

Rubbish, that "documentary"!!! Plain and simple!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

maybe...
If the video was purely video then I might accept your explanation...
But its not, and the audio that goes along with the video clearly shows that the astronauts were trying to create the effect of making the earth look like its further away than in actuality when you hear them say, "the video camera is up against the window."
Also, if the earth is filling up that much of the window, even if the astronauts were trying to reduce the glare as you said, then they wouldn't have been as far away from the earth as they said.
But what the heck, Buzz Aldrin, who was on that mission, says a UFO followed them to the moon too, so I guess we can't really take the audio into effect eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

lol thanks Warrenb.
Not quite sure what the video explains, but the guy certainly has a good head about him.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

...when you hear them say, "the video camera is up against the window."

Well, you see, that's my point!

First, the narrator tries to claim that they're in LEO and shooting the Earth through the round window....then she focuses on them speaking about the camera 'filling the window' and prattles on about the arm in the shot!!! AND crescents!!!

This 'round window' nonsense is a giant steaming pile of cow patties.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Weedwhacker is right on this. The Buzz Aldrin video you link is cleverly edited BS. Be wary of vids with lighting and music to support the point...often they are shoring up flimsy nonsense. The video below is an unedited account by Buzz Aldrin that the "ufo" was actually very much an IDENTIFIED flying object...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

That leaked video is unbelievable. If they really did make it to the moon, then why the trickery? The commentator also brought up the point that that they "made it to the moon" two days too soon. I might have to rethink my stance on whether or not we've actually been there. Thanks for the video.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
so what are the WNWTTM crowd going to say when the orbitor images the apollo sites?

My bets on "fake pics" "CGI" etc

Cant wait should be a blast

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnJetson

If they really did make it to the moon, then why the trickery?

Arrrrrgggghhh! :bnghd:

Again hopefully for the last time, NO 'trickery'. The video's 'conclusions' are bollocks. They really don't even merit a mention, except for the damage they do, with inaccurate explanations and snarky innuendo. Only 'trickery' was from the "documentary's" producers.

The commentator also brought up the point that that they "made it to the moon" two days too soon.

No!! Not correct.

Here's another thing about that "documentary": The color video camera stayed aboard the CM!! It was not designed to be used on the surface...and, the disingenuous talk about the camera on the LM??

It was poor quality because it was added at nearly the last minutes before the flight. All attention was into designing the Lander...and then they realized how much better it'd be to see it!

Gee..with a name like 'Jetson', I'm surprised you fell for that video!

[edit on 6/19/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Has NOT been debunked.
If 90% of the world believe it its because they were told to and it was put in the history books.
About the reflector thingy, perhaps, but we don't need a reflector on other planets to measure their distance...

We also can't measure their distance to an accuracy of centimeters. We knew the distance to the moon before we went there (how do you think we got there safely to begin with?) but the retroreflectors take our precision and accuracy to a much higher level.

The thing is, I can buy that we've been to the moon, only that the footage we saw completely fake and THAT is what most people go by.

There's nothing fake about the footage, just a lot of uninformed individuals who think they know more about interpreting the photos than NASA scientists.

there are just way more questions than answers...

Just because you don't know how to find the answers doesn't mean they don't already exist. There are youtube videos for everything, now there's even youtube videos raising questions about the legitimacy of ISS. Questions do not change reality.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ngchunter]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join