It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I was talking to someone about this as I was posting it. Their immediate concern was "what if we blow the moon up"?

My response, and feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong, was that the moon must get hit by meteors/other objects that are moving faster and are much bigger than what NASA are going to throw at it. Therefore, I'm hoping, it shouldn't be a problem!

However, weird that you should have that dream in such close proximity to this event! I hope it's not a premonition!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Are they going to bomb the Full Moon or the Crescent Moon?

Jus' kiddnin'

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
...it'll rain cheese!

It's disgusting though, if this were another nation there would be uproar.

Anyway, I should be able to see the moon tonight at that time, so I'm gonna see if I can get pictures.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

your right when you bring up the point of meteor impacts and such and its probably nothing to get worked up about .....but i'd be pretty bummed if there were no more moon to look at. Heres hoping none of that stuff comes to fruition.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

sorry, mybad....got too caught up in the title ....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

3 times? erm... pretty much everything that ever got there was slammed into the moon, since the earliest probes in the 50ies. Soft landings have occured (apollo obviously, the things that landed the lunokhods, and some experimental soft landings earlier) but still more than 3 times.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know where exactly they plan to bomb on the moon. I mean, it would be bizarre if they bombed Sinus Medii, where Hoagland claims there are the remains of huge towers, or the area on the far side where the supposed crashed alien space ship lies. . . Were't there some who said NASA had bombed the face on Mars? Maybe their now trying to destroy whats on the moon?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So we will only see it happen about 8 minutes after it happens correct?
speed of light and all that

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nahh thats the sun your thinking of (8 minutes for sunlight)

-----------

What gives anyone the right to bomb the Moon? What is the world coming to?!? You know how SCREWED the earth would be without the Moon?

Children playing with guns...

Originally posted by 0010110011101
reply to post by spikedmilk

My response, and feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong, was that the moon must get hit by meteors/other objects that are moving faster and are much bigger than what NASA are going to throw at it. Therefore, I'm hoping, it shouldn't be a problem!

But there are some archeologists that put the Majority of craters happening around the same time frame. then again, ive always wondered how they figured that since going to the moon isnt really a priority these days....

[edit on 18-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok guys, calm down, we're not "Bombing the Moon'.

First off, the Moon will not explode, it's been hit so many times by much larger objects, some SOLID IRON (!!), big as a car and going at a much higher velocity and it hasn't crumbled. Just grab a cheap telescope and point it to the Moon, there are blast marks that span nearly a quarter of the surface!! (exclamation marks for personal excitement)

See, when an object of sufficient mass and speed crashes into a planetary body like the Moon it kicks up what we call Ejecta which is just a result of simple laws of physics. Sine the Moon has basically no atmosphere and very little gravity there's a very good chance the ejecta will continue upwards into outer space where the material can be collected and analyzed.

Basically it's like digging for core samples with dynamite.

There are also two other possibilities:

The Reptoids need more Helium 3 for their underground nuclear tunneling machines

Or they're all out of the special "Presidential Cheese"

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Interesting but if it's already been done several times it must point to there being another reason for this..

Anyone know what time I should have my eye out from England?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Plus, isn't there Revelations prophecy of end-times that has to do with the moon and stars falling from the sky? Kind of crazy the timing of all this, especially with the Ark of the Covenant so close to being revealed (another thread).... makes anyone who is spiritual think.... S&F

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Anyone have exact information on when they will hit it and where? (ie: what parts) Can't seem to find anything on NASA, but someone earlier posted that the rocket will hit the moon tonight? Can anyone confirm this?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Nasa scientists are preparing to launch a space mission from Cape Canaveral carrying a missile that will fire a hole deep in the surface of the moon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nasa.gov

It's all in the original OP (except for WHERE and WHEN).... go to the NASA link at the bottom

[edit on 18-6-2009 by scrubsnstuffkim]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm just sorry it's raining so bad here. Anyone know what the weather is like at the launch site?

I just got a telescope this month and so far the weather has been nasty everyday but one >.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As said before, we have NO right to bomb the moon!!

There must be a reason for this purpose bombing, if we are to believe that it is a regular occurance. This idea of continual bombardment of course implies that the universe is billions of years old, which it isn't - but that is a diferent discussion. Using the same logic, we would be hit many more time due too our increased size, gravitational pull, even if we make allowances for debris being destroyed in our atmosphere.

As with all these stories, probably nothing will happen. With luck though, nasa will balls it up, and end up with half a moon landing on it.

Of course, if something terrible did happen to the moon, we would all soon die, even if not by debris. The moon governs the tides, which are the actual lungs of the planet.

Nasa are arrogant idiots.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I suppose they are not going to bomb Aristarchus Crater!!!!

www.thelivingmoon.com...

The supposed alien fusion plant on the Moon...

The bright spot at 10 o'clock.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim

www.telegraph.co.uk

Nasa scientists are preparing to launch a space mission from Cape Canaveral carrying a missile that will fire a hole deep in the surface of the moon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nasa.gov

It's all in the original OP (except for WHERE and WHEN).... go to the NASA link at the bottom

[edit on 18-6-2009 by scrubsnstuffkim]

I think the problem is we just want to know where and when

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
dam this forum annoys me, just gobbled up another post..

i like a few others, really want to see this... im currently doing he maths to try and work out when to look up...

working on averages, its going to take the rocket 9.29 hours (9.2940466926070038910505836575875) to get from earth to the moon

(average distance - 238,857 miles)
(average speed of lunar rocket - 25,700 mph)

so, working on my numbers (all averages), the rocket should be getting close to hitting the moon at around 6-7 am gmt.

i could be way way way off though! . . . ALL EYES UP!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join