It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

Yes. If this is true I am absolutely horrified. NASA does not in any way own the moon. Are they taking that little US flag they planted up there decades ago, this seriously? This is way, way, beyond their rights.

We haven't damaged the earth enough? Now they are going to start scarring the moon?

There has got to be more to this story. What is the stated purpose. I wonder how other nations are going to feel about this? It's their moon, too. Not that NASA gives a rat's derriere what other nation's think.

OK. now i'm mad.

and sad.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
This is screwed up big time, it is breaking the space treaty.

Also there are much more effective ways to dig down. we have been doing this on earth for a long time:

Something very fishy about this, They are destroying something on the moon/covering it with debris.

or they know something is going to build/open/land there at that time.

Oh lord!!!

Then India, Japan, Russia and I think even China are in violation of this "treaty" you speak of.

The event is to capture vital information of the content of the subsurface. Every country has a HUGE interest in the result from these experiments because there is one vital resource there, that is extremely minimal here on Earth. H3 has the potential to be an over abundant resource for energy. One shuttle bay load of h3 has the potential to supply the US with an entire year.

We have plans for impact missions to several planets because of the resources it provides to a sniffer probe in the atmosphere.

Please, there is nothing erroneous about this launch so don't make a mountain out of mole hill.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
All be it not likely,but I do hope it never esscalates to anything like this.

Start at the 5:00 min mark

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Is this experiment going to be visible from earth with the naked eye? Its totally overcast here so I hope someone gets some good pics!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I live in Nova Scotia, I'm in the Atlantic time zone, so about what time should I be watching to try to see this?

Clear skies tonight too, I hope I can see this with the naked eye!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

I hope you're right. This sounds a little more reasonable. Nonetheless, if it is discovered that energy is available there (and what do you mean by energy exactly? Are we tallking about oil?)..........

will we then begin excavation and retrieval operations which could then create damage to our one and only moon that we depend on?

I don't want to push the panic button, but I'm not loving this idea.

But thank you for your post. It does make me feel better....if I can think of it as a geological/archeological study/dig. I can deal with that.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

By the way, the future Morlocks are already digging very deep into the underground

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
All be it not likely,but I do hope it never esscalates to anything like this.

Start at the 5:00 min mark

EXACTLY what I actually was thinking about regarding this.

Will Humans ever think before they act?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Bearack

I hope you're right. This sounds a little more reasonable. Nonetheless, if it is discovered that energy is available there (and what do you mean by energy exactly? Are we tallking about oil?)..........

will we then begin excavation and retrieval operations which could then create damage to our one and only moon that we depend on?

I don't want to push the panic button, but I'm not loving this idea.

But thank you for your post. It does make me feel better....if I can think of it as a geological/archeological study/dig. I can deal with that.

Fortunately, H3 is easily mined. They heat the soil and extract the H3 gas from it and then return the soil so there is little impact other than it could change the reflectability of the moon. I think any mining plans are set to mine on the far side of the moon to ensure they do not impact things such as animal migration.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Thanks again. Stars for you. I always welcome a voice of reason.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
launch in one hour 27minutes

sorry for the

oneliner

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
thats it, we will not stand for WMD on the moon.

So we are preemptively bombing it.

(
:lol

lighten-up folks, too much stress is bad for your health.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
I wholeheartedly agree. Who are NASA to make this decision. I find it extremely offensive that "we" are bombing the moon. Just who makes these decisions?

Probably the same people who cover-up the ET presence here on earth. The same people who go to war with any nation not willing to join the NWO, etc...

NASA, CIA, NSA, Pentagon sound familiar? All have "national security" clearance to lie their ass off whenever they feel like it....
Meanwhile the american sucker has been footing the bill for decades and got nothing in return!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
It would be interesting to know where exactly they plan to bomb on the moon. I mean, it would be bizarre if they bombed Sinus Medii, where Hoagland claims there are the remains of huge towers, or the area on the far side where the supposed crashed alien space ship lies. . . Were't there some who said NASA had bombed the face on Mars? Maybe their now trying to destroy whats on the moon?

They don't have to bomb anything. When astronauts go back to the moon and eventually mars they will simply give us the usual doctored photos of some remote desert here on earth, while they put the originals under intense scrutiny.

There are question marks however to all this! Why are they planning to go back? I don't have concrete answers for this. Maybe they are searching for a suitable alternative 3 location or prospecting for minerals.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
thats it, we will not stand for WMD on the moon.

So we are preemptively bombing it.

(
:lol

lighten-up folks, too much stress is bad for your health.

My brother said this is how they actually get all that cheese into those cheese-it crackers.

They are just filming a big commercial that is all!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Some of you seem to upset about this, yet have probably blew a few holes up in your own back yards playing with fire works...

Go NASA! Get up there and show the man whose boss.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
what time and day is this supposed to be happening???? I would really love to watch and see if I can see anything!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Its cloudy and the sun wont go down until after 10 pm here in southeast alaska, otherwise I would be lookin up and watching the moon!! I hope someone gets a good look and maybe some pictures from this and POSTS THEM HERE! I'm sure someone will. I think its awesome that we are making a new crater on the moon, even if it will be a small one, all of the possible information we can get from it sounds very very VERY cool in my book! BOMB THE MOON!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Derty

It won't strike the moon until October!

The launch is tonight, but it will orbit, and prepare for a high angle, high velocity descent later in the fall.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The launch is today, weather perminiting, the actual impact on the moon isnt for another 4 months,

nasa tv live launch

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join