It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detoxification, Amazing Results

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kurupt915

needing to concentrate was a big motivation in all...

partly career wise I found myself on the net doing allot more sales and allot less creating

my concentration is vastly improved and I am doing art work again

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Mopusvindictus,

I forgot to add, I started to experience health problems for a while now, internal infections, lower back pains (from bacterial infections). Basically many of my organs are throwing the exclamation sign at me so I'll definitely have to go on a healthy diet.

Also my stress levels are very high, I'm studying an extremely difficult degree and it doesn't really help with my stress level

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
Point taken. Although I am building. I switch between muscle groups every day. First day is arms, shoulder, pects and stomach. Second day is back, and legs. I run every day though.

It doesn't matter if you switch around like this. Please listent o me here, you are setting yourself up for overtraining. Your body has to repair the damage you are doing, that is if you are lifting enough weight. If you are lifting heavy enough to gain then your body is damaged all over. No human body can keep up that cycle of damage and repair, you will end up in a state where you not onlycan't gain anymore but will actively lose.

Just saying you nee to do some more reading on this subject. Over training can lead to months off.

I also take regular and appropriate doses of protein shakes after working out which include glutamine, whey, and all the other essentials. I don't use steroids and have significantly went up in the amount of weight it lift, press, curl and such. I also sleep quite a bit, about 9 to 10 hours a day for rest. The main reason I do it every day is because I have a jello cubicle job and refuse to turn into, well, jello. lol

I understand where you're coming from and you're doing the right things. The only problem is the volume of training you're undertaking. You will gain with a regimen like this but eventually you will over train. If you do nothing else then please just read about over training and the downtime than can occur because of it.

I don't lift lightly. I lift heavily and after a few weeks move up my weight in what exercise I feel appropriate, without being sore for more than a few hours after the workout. I have lost weight and gained definition and bulk from running and from lifting. The only time I am sore is right after lifting and it only lasted for a few days when I first began.

I would say you aren't doing it right then. My workouts used to leave me sore for a day or more because i was lifting heavy and also i could add weight every week, sometimes every two weeks max. May i ask how long you have been lifting?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I work out after dinner, so I don't have to do this

But if you wish to get rid of skinny fat

Reverse your meals

Make breakfast your biggest meal of the day and Dinner your lightest, you will burn the calories off over an active day...

I think the BIG DINNER, is the stupidest thing we are taught to do in the States particularly... tons of meat and starch before bed, it all turns to FAT... yeah particularly around the middle

No energy all day on a low cal breakfast

then a giant bog of food, your body thinks your starving and stores it...

try doing the exact opposite, the skinny fat will be gone very quickly

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Congratulations. I am so, so happy for you!! That's an amazing story.

Like yourself, I also said "No thank you" to medication for my own disease state, but that was only after the medications put tons of weight on me. I wish I had done what you did and say "No thank you" before the medications screwed up my metabolism and got me fat, but I guess, better late than never.

I myself have used self-hypnosis and homeopathy to help myself get better, and it's worked wonders for my mind...but my body is still not where I want it to be, which is what I weighed before they put me on all the medication.

I've often thought of (and tried) radically altering my diet, like you have, but I've never made it more than a week myself, but I'm to the point where I've decided if I don't do something now, my body will never get back to the way it's supposed to look.

You are an inspiration...thanks for the post....maybe I'll try to follow in your footsteps.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Hard to say...

I do believe stem cells, natural ones are at work in me...

But on a knee? I know i'm getting some sort of regeneration in my vertebrae... my disks...

BUT

I stretch constantly to give them the room to grow...

Some things the doctors ARE good for...

I wouldn't go to the dry sauna if I broke my leg... sure, being fastidious, I could feel the bone, painfully pop it in place myself and then wrap it in all natural sticks to hold it in place lol

but in that case i'd take strong pain killer an xray and a cast as preferable

can you regrow the cartilage...

sure...

you'd have to stay off your knee the entire time though and create the space from outside your knee...

and being in a condition where, your going to have some sort of atural regeneration, while laying on your back isn't easy...

For the knee... a good surgeon would probably be best

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
YAY for improving your life. Way to make the necessary changes and stick to them. You've accomplished what most will never do and I admire and respect you for that.

"since I am no longer growing, why is it I have to eat?"

You have to eat to fuel your body. Do you think that Yao Ming, 7'6" Basketball player, grew tall because he overate? Do you think you grew from a child into an adult because you consumed more calories than you burned? No.

So why did Yao Ming and baby You grow tall? Because of hormones. Hormones regulate fat distribution, bone growth and muscle growth, etc. I'm sure you know this. And it's probably the reason you gained muscle during this little adventure of yours. Hormonal equilibrium.

The only answer I came up with was, aside from a small amount of fuel... you really don't need nearly the amount of food we consume...

You're body will adapt to a lower energy intake by slowing metabolism. Eventually though, the body will strive to find the balance again and you will be hungry.

and it was then, with food reduction that the improvements just began to accelerate, that the detox could work

But, can you be certain that it wasn't the reduction in carboydrates that did the trick?

I've seen the studies on very restricted calorie diets and the results that have been achieved. These results have typically been extended life on animals that ate less. But why? Is it because of a lower body temp, slower metabolism, or is it that certain hormones aren't chronically elevated?

It is possible to achieve the results you achieved by maintaining an energy balance, or even overfeeding, if the right foods are eaten.

-Dev

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Milk thistle was the main way I helped my Liver out...

stuff really works well... I had some pains I felt were swelling in the region and other issues that led me to believe my Liver had become pretty unhappy with me lol

and Milk thistle didn't take very long to make all that go away... about a month or so

There is some evidence to suggest that beyond a point it is not effective, i.e. once you've healed enough your going to produce to much bile if you keep taking it...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You know...

I couldn't have done it... If i didn't work on the Internet

I kind of view The Industrial Era as a POX on humanity, a necessary evil perhaps...

But still... removal from the family unit, toxic circumstances, an un natural life

I would seriously, go to any lengths to be able to work on the net as opposed to commute

If you can't... I would consider abandoning money as an issue, move to a small town simple life where, the air is cleaner and work is a slower place and you can sit with a bag lunch and... not stress

I AM materialistic, i like capitalism...

but it's not worth living this life for... money, the money is useless if your sick and miserable

Thank g-d for the internet

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
I've often thought of (and tried) radically altering my diet, like you have, but I've never made it more than a week myself, but I'm to the point where I've decided if I don't do something now, my body will never get back to the way it's supposed to look.

Please take my advice on this one. As i stated earlier in the thread it is very hard to go ful on with a change in diet and lifestyle. That is why i congratulated the OP on sticking with it. You have tried and failed that strategy so do it in mini steps.

Try for a start cutting out any extra junk you eat. Any fizzy drinks (including diet ones) need to be gone from your diet. Chocolate as well along with any other sweets. Don't add sugar or sweetener to tea or coffe. eReplace them with healthy options like fruit or carrot sticks and things like that. It will be tough at first but it's a small step.

After you are ok with that, say two weeks, try and start eatinga healthy breakfast as well. Cereals are always good for this. By cereals i mean the cereal family of crops not flakes of wheat roasted in honey and dipped in chocolate!

Do it in small steps like that and 6 months down the line you'll wonder how you achieved it and be very proud, as you should be

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

You know it's great to see how many people are on similar paths right now...

I really feel like our mental state of health is at a tipping point and some of us obviously get it and wont be pushed off into an abyss

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Way of the peaceful warrior was a great flick... a must see

and btw...

haven't been ignoring you or anyone, just busy as heck...

as I was saying earlier, I am in process of getting out of the city and it's been allot of work... not to mention the routine i'm on while trying to get work on

today will be a monetary zero for sure lol

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

yeah your right

I do some weight training like 5 days a week sometimes more... but i'm using low weight and high reps and not really brutalizing my muscles...

back in the day when I was a personal trainer before going south for a bit... I would sell the heck out of clients because I looked normal... most info on body building seems to desire to teach you to be Shwarzanegarrian in stature

30 min a day if daily is PLENTY

your just going to over train any more than that

and ... your correct, it's allot of hrs in the gym when I do weights, stretching cardio, sauna... 3-4

who can afford that?

take some days to do something else

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

LOL no one said no sex...

Just not masturbation

SEX is great for you!

eh gads... i'm not joining a monestary

and for the record... any woman can handle allot more than 2x a day if she was so inclined

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I have been lifting off and on since high school. Sometimes I would last a few months before I got lazy and slacked off. Other times I lasted a year and then slacked off. I do 3 sets of 10 reps with everything I lift to the point where the last rep is the hardest and if necessary, move the weight down some so I can complete the next 10 reps.

This last effort with lifting has lasted approximately 5 to 6 months with minimal slacking. However sometimes I will miss out on Saturday or Sunday but pick right back up after.

I have always been a hard worker. I have had many physically demanding jobs and quickly learned to adapt. What I mean is I am only sore for a few days after I start working out again, after I have slacked for some time. I have done much research into lifting and feel I am doing it appropriately for what I can handle.

I am 23 and also 6' and if their exists a downtime phase due to over training I have never ran into it, from what I can tell. The problem was always proper motivation for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Saidar

Must head out for a bit... but It seems this thread will keep going, took a couple hrs to catch up lol

I wouldn't however blame doctors, the amount of health info is growing at a staggering rate

what happens is doctors turn to big pharma for specific ailments and it's all moving so fast that...

it's still simply best to not need a doctor... things aren't proven over time, all the factors haven't been assimilated...

i'll post more later

But I have nor do I offer any silver bullet

there is none...

in the end i'm talking about absence of things...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

Then you're basically going against everything that every strongman has ever done in training. The only thing i can think is that you are not lifting enough weight. You see if you broke up your workout to only say 3 times a week, you will find you will lift more weight. Do me a favour, rest a week, a full week of no weights. Then go into the gym and see if you can actually lift more weight. I am willing to bet you'll do your usual sets with ease.

Just an idea and maybe if you try it out and lift more you'll see what i mean about over training.

Edit because this was so full of types i was completely ashamed of it lol

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thank you for your concern. I really do appreciate it. My main issue is I just feel my body does not need any more rest. However I will read some more on this issue and think I might try your approach if I can actually gain faster, just to see.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

Read your site. Congratulations. Your trek has been longer than the OP's and you didn't give up. What a will to live. Don't think I would have it in me.

You and the OP are great examples of determination.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
you sound like you've developed symptoms of mild obsessive complusive disorder in your rituals and behaviors. In your attempt to control your body your restrictions on yourself have control over you. Your probably like me, very black and white , either your a raving party man or a almost flawless pillar of good physical and mental health. You've essentially lost who you were to begin with before the excessive binging and now the complusive purging/detoxing

i know i'm coming across negative but how did you gain 2 INCHES on your bicepts with only 1/2 hour workouts and eating a vegan like diet?!? I'm a body builder and extremely skeptical on that comment.

whatever the case your words here are inspirational.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by hiii_98]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join