It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detoxification, Amazing Results

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Got to admit I love my hot sauces aswell!

You mention a good point that I forgot to make regarding psychosemantics. I'm truly starting to believe that you can influence your body so powerfully through thought alone.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

I would suggest making a conscious decision to drink
everyday, in a healthy way. The best would be a small glass
of red wine. The only reason I suggest this is
because your only symptom of alchoholism is a mild
version of the DT's. If you truly are experiencing
withdrawal then you probably are an alcoholic.
If this is true then better advice would be to quit drinking
by any means you can. Ride out the weekend without
alcohol and see what happens. If you need some help, get
some. There is plenty out there. GL

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think I upped my alcohol intake as I ignorantly had high blood pressure that made me feel like I was about to faint, but when I had two drinks that feeling subsided.

My blood pressure is high only when I dont drink.

My Father died of a stroke after two major heart attacks, but I just want to live not cower in fear.
They say if you go on blood pressure pills you are on them for life, is this true?
Iam in mid forties just want to stop needing a drink after four days and not feel my blood pressure soar if I stop drinking more than four days.

When I exercise I feel fantastic at first (next day ) but then feel terrible.
How do you beat the bodys craving for booze?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

If you have high blood pressure then go see a doctor immediately; you don't have to suffer and definately don't have to drink to combat it.

I'm actually pretty sure that its not wise to drink alcohol at all if you have problems with blood pressure.

Not sure if you would be on the tablets for the rest of your life, it depends why you've got high blood pressure. Maybe dietary changes and a life style change is needed.

Like I said your best of speaking to a doctor.

The funny thing is personally I don't feel addicted to alcohol, when I did a week not drinking a couple of months ago I didn't have a problem with regards to craving a drink.

Actually in fact on the 5th day I was the opposite, I didn't feel like having a drink at all. I felt brighter and looked better.

The only issue I have when I stop drinking is I have terrible sleep for the first 3/4 days.

[edit on 18/6/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by mopusvindictus

Stress, as you have pointed out, is a very important factor. Interestingly enough, stress causes your body to release cortisol which will elevate blood sugar. Insulin is the final result and then weight gain. Once again, hormones are playing a major role.

I'm glad you agree, but there's no reason to get blood work done every week to check hormone balance. Eat the right foods and you'll stay in equilibrium.

One thing you'll notice is your cravings are mainly for carbohydrates. Sometimes it'll be a mixture of carbs and fat that you'll crave but it's a craving that undoubtedly comes from carbohydrates and will stop upon restriction. Looks like you've figured this out already as well.

Once again, congrats on your success. Keep it up and if you need any help or advice, don't think twice to U2U me.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just read your post you have done amazing things there well done
Interested in your diet and foods you eaten on your diet any info will be great.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good Morning. I just wanted to toss this out here, then I think i will retreat, but here ya are: I have tried various herbs and such and honestly never noticed a change in anything. Like, these don't do anything to me. EXCEPT ONE: Milkthistle. You can tell the difference the next day after you take a couple. It claims to cleanse the liver. And, in fact, it does. (I read a biography a while back on Ben Franklin, and he took them everyday of his life.)

They did tests in VA hospitals with people who were developing liver disease, and in some cases it was reversed. Studies do say, if I may post a warning, that if you already have liver disease, it can be aggravating to this. So you would want to talk to your physician.

All the little "detox teas" you buy? The active ingredient is milkthistle, and you would have to drink several boxes of it to get the milkthistle contained in one capsule. This is the thorny little plant with the purple flowers that grows on the side of the highway. Google it, if interested.

You can go to a health food store and buy this for 40.00, or you can go to K-mart and buy it for 8.00. Same thing, I have found.

I don't want to turn into a milkthistle commercial, but this is something that makes a noticeable difference for the best. I take it because I smoke.
I also take a medication that effects the liver, and I wish to remove the residual chemicals. It does.

Liver disease often develops when we get "fatty" substances built up in the liver from alcohol, especially, or other medications and food substances. The milkthistle literally pushes it out, and it is eliminated from the body through natural processes.

This is something that you can take and not have to "wonder" is it helping.
You can either "feel" the difference, like me, or some people can actually "see" the difference.

I think anybody who smokes, drinks, or takes medications should take it every day.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Hi Nola. Isn't it nice that we have threads like these to give us a "shot in the arm, and a kick in the booty?" We all need encouragement at times.

I am so sorry for all your troubles. Sounds like you've been through a great deal, and as it happens, it's led to other medical issues. It is not right that you cannot eat. I know you've talked to your doctor about this to learn the reasons? It could be something simple like, a side-effect of a medication, anxiety, a bacterial substance in your stomach? Something that can be fixed? Don't accept this. Insist to your doctor that the reason for your nausea be discovered, and fixed.

As far as "taking up space, isolating yourself, etc. , these sound like classic symptoms of depression. Are the posts on this thread going to help that? Absolutely!

Remember to be kind to yourself, yet firm at the same time. Don't You Dare Give Up. You are way, way, too young to do that.

Give yourself permission to take anti-anxiety meds as prescribed, if you need to. If I had my leg removed, I'd be taking them too, untill I got my life manageable, which you can do, but for some reason, you haven't yet. (there will be people objecting to this, but who cares. Let them walk a mile in your shoes then report back, is all I can tell 'em).

Remember to set goals for yourself. Whatever your dreams are, therein lies your goals.

A DREAM IS JUST A DREAM.
A GOAL IS A DREAM WITH A PLAN AND A DEADLINE.

Don't let the motivation you've gained on this thread be a fleeting thing.
Talk to yourself about it everyday, and re-read the posts that encouraged you. My best to you!

Love and love.
liw
Edited to include this: Your doctor will have to be your partner through this. I'm thinking if I still had as many untreated symptoms as you do, I would be looking for another doctor who could commit to me, and join me in my quest to get better. Just a thought.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just noticed the OP's post about a big breakfast. This is absolutely correct and i'm glad someone is doing it right! So many people have a light breakfast and then wonder why they're really hungry around 11am. They eat a cereal, which is great but they eat far to little of it. In the morning your body is waking up, you need the energy to carry you through the day.

Then as the OP says they have the big evening meal. I'm not really sure where this kind of thinking came from as the medical literature doesn't support it. I can only think it comes from years ago when people were doing more hard labour and looked forward to that hearty meal at the end of the day.

A large bowl of cereal with fruit and some wholemeal toast should be enough to get you through the morning without feeling hungry or tired. It's also a very healthy meal. Your evening meal should as the OP stated be smaller and light on the carbs. If you include more protein in it then you'll be nice and full as protein takes the longest to digest. This also gives your body the fuel to repair when you go off to sleep.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
1 small Buffalo Burger (the only red meat approved by the heart association ) on un toasted whole grain bread...

Um. That's just baloney.
Organic beef is rich in omega 3, a fatty acid that does a "lube job" on the platelets thus preventing them from sticking together. Blockages that lead to heart attacks and strokes is reduced.

Any meat that's natural should be good. Remember, eat your (natural) animal fats!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Spot on advice, the idea is to eat a substantial meal for breakfast as you are literally "breaking the fast" (BREAK-FAST)

Eating breakfast will kick start the metabolism and like you said should be enough to get you through the day.

Perfect breakfast is as you suggested or something else healthy such as 2 scrambled eggs on brown toast with a glass of orange juice and a Banana.

Another reason for people having large meals at tea time is that its usually the occasion where every family member is together.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by JacobNH

Nothing was harder than cigarettes btw... NOTHING even came close to being as hard as cigarettes

I would start to hallucinate after about 12 hrs without any, it took, many, many attempts for me...

i just wanted to say thanks for your post, it's really one of the best i've read on ATS. i've sent a link to this info to a few of my struggling friends, hoping they will also try to follow some of your advice..

smoking is my vice.. but im tired of being a slave to it, so i stopped smoking around a week ago.. it's been ok so far.. im also taking Omega 3 (fish oil) pills once a day.. i don't know if it's because i stopped smoking or the Omega3, but i've been having really intense/vivid dreams lately. it's been good though, im not complaining.. anyway, thank you very much for a really informative and helpful post.

oh, i'll just include that i've been a vegetarian for a few years now.. i don't eat any meat at all, not even fish or squid.. i enjoy the drinks from Bolthouse Farms, i enjoy the fruit drinks especially. that's all, thanks again!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Your blood pressure is not elevated while you are actively drinking.
It elevates after you stop. ie during a hangover. This is...not good, especially if you already have hypertension.

Edit to add:
If you experience withdrawal symtoms from alcohol, you may need to go through "detox" under a physician's care. It's interesting that when withdrawing from some drugs, such as heroin, you may wish you were dead, but won't die. However, you can actually die from alcohol withdrawal. They use a simple pill to control it. You have to take the pills before you quit drinking. Once you are in full blown withdrawal (delirium tremens), they don't help as much, although you won't die.)

May I suggest you make a call to your local AA chapter, and let them advise you about how to proceed? Or talk to your doctor.

My best to you
liw

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

May I suggest you make a call to your local AA chapter, and let them advise you about how to proceed? Or talk to your doctor.

I don't mean to be unkind but statistically people who attend AA are no better at giving up than those who go it alone. I would say this is because one of the steps is "giving it over to a higher power" which basically makes people give up their responsibility. They can palm it off as something that isn't their own doing.

www.addictioninfo.org...

A support group without the 12 steps may be more helpful as you have to take responsibility.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I just got back from the cafe. One large breakfast for me. 3 large eggs over medium, 5 slices of bacon, coffee, 1 slice of wheat toast with butter and grapefruit juice. Amazing! I'm stuffed and I love it!

-Dev

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Actually, you are mistaken. There is a criticism of AA, because it does refer to the "higher power" if one goes through the twelve steps. In other words, it is religious based. But this is only a criticism. It hasn't interfered with the success rate.

Statistically, there is no resource with a higher rate of keeping a person sober than AA.

It has to do with the vast support system and the community they provide. It's called "resocialization". They teach you how to continue to be a social person, only without the alcohol. Alcohol consumes so much of one's time, and people who quit drinking are just lost without it.
Don't know what to do with themselves, and this is one of the reasons they begin drinking again, after the detox process has been dealt with.

It has been an extrodinarily successful program in the many years it has been around, and it continues to be.

Edit to add: AA is the organization who came up with "12 steps". It has been so successful, other organizations have used it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
try activated charcol for detox. it will absorb all toxins in your body, its the same stuff that is in your water filters. Amazing really.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Actually, you are mistaken. There is a criticism of AA, because it does refer to the "higher power" if one goes through the twelve steps.

No i am not mistaken, the figures i linked speak for themselves. Also giving it over to a higher power is incredibly weak.

Statistically, there is no resource with a higher rate of keeping a person sober than AA.

I provided my figures, please provide yours to back up this statement.

Although maybe we're getting off topic, we can take this to U2U if that's ok.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It is truly nice hearing a story about someone doing something with their problems, and fixing them. Instead of going for pity and crazy amounts of medications (which you might have at one point in time), you actually did the correct thing and changed your life style.

I have respect for any person who can live their life happily with regards to others. That is all I ask for out of anyone.

If the time ever comes to where I need to give up some unhealthy habits, I sure will. I am currently "healthy" (knock on wood), and wish to continue down the path for as long as possible, even with a relatively unstable life style (I am not talking drugs, wild sex and parties, but just an average Joe type of way).

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
CONgratSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
I love your story!
I am right there with you.
3 years ago my pharmaDr. told me I was diabetic.
I weighed in at 230...
I walked out of his office STOPPED drinking any thing but filtered water
I watch what I eat and I go to the gym I swear I only work out at the most 45 minutes. I walk 5 minutes and run 2-3minutes to get my heart rate up above 140 then coast back for 2 minutes to cool down hop off the tread mill and do light weights Nothing over 180lbs just more reps and I am weighing in at a modest 185 188-189lbs accordingly.. No medications what so ever. Last Dr. visit had so signs of ever having diabeties no insulin ..nothing..I'm right where I should be kidneys,liver function fine...
So good for you my friend I'm glad you beat the sytem

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join