It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
WOW!

October 24 – In the space of a few hours, Comet Holmes develops a coma and flares up to half a million times its former brightness, becoming visible to the naked eye. Its coma later becomes larger in volume than the Sun, making it the second comet to do so in 2007 after Comet McNaught.

Resonance:

September – Halley's comet makes an appearance, and is observed by Edmond Halley himself

!!!! AMAZING

Also interesting:

2007:

July 21 – The final book of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is released and sells over 11 million copies in the first 24 hours, becoming the fastest selling book in history.

Resonance:

1665: November 7 – The London Gazette, the oldest surviving journal, is first published

2007:

March 27 – Prime Minister of Latvia Aigars Kalvitis and Prime minister of Russia Mikhail Fradkov finally sign a border treaty between Latvia and Russia

Resonance:

1645: August 13 – The Treaty of Brömsebro is signed between Sweden and Denmark-Norway, ceding Jemtland, Herjedalen, Gotland and Ösel (Saaremaa) to Sweden, and holding the province of Halland for a period of 30 years as a guarantee.

Year 1492 (MCDXCII) was a leap year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. In Slavonic countries according to old dating "from the creation of the world" it was year 7000, which many thought would become the end of the ancient world, the Apocalypse. With the discovery of The New World, the prognosis was thought to be true

October 12 1492 - resonance - November 5 2004 - Resonance - November 5 2012...

2012...Another new world is discovered???

edit on 3-6-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

the third world war started 10 years ago

That must have happened right after the world was destroyed by the 5-5-00 planetary alignment.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Foramin

Since when have the financial woes of overspending been over. Other collapses have been due to other reasons.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I can't fathom why you pick the "Mj death" as being novel or significant. The swine flu issue was a small issue. Teh main reason it garnered so much attention was that it was overblown in Mexico to convince people to take it seriously.

Michael Jackson death corresponds to the death of Mozart

A big thumbs up for tellign an excellent joke. That is really funny.

the Iran riots with the France revolution

Not really similar at all are they.

Occupy Wall Street with Wall Street 1929 collapse.

Completely different.

Making up fake data like this just shows how ridiculous TWZ is.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
----- OKAY GUYS -----

Well, its clear that we cannot go on like this. There is no more possibility of discussion in this thread.
Most members that were active here had stopped posting because of a group of at least 5 individuals.
We are running in circle. Always ending up to carry on eternal discussions with Stereologist.
This is a question I will now ask to everyone who posted in this thread.
Shall we close this thread?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

NO!!!!

Please do not close the thread.

Personally, I just scroll past the members posts as they do not add anything to the thread.

I just want to see what has happened and is happening and note any correlation until the end of 2012. That is the purpose of the thread and I don't understand why the member continues to post or why the posts remain as they are off topic.

The thread is not to discuss the validity of the timewave zero theory but to note relevant events, or so I thought.

The off topic post are not worthy of reply as they belong in a different thread, debunking the topic.

Namaste
edit on 22-12-2011 by Threegirls because: oops butterfingers

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I for one would like this thread to continue. I have been interested in the information Terrance McKenna gave since 1999 when I bought my first computer and I have been a member of a yahoo group that discusses this subject since then. Having seen the massive rise in all things 2012 over last 5 or 6 years has been in itself very interesting, the tightening of legislation in my own country and around the world, the increase in the rate of change whether it be technological or otherwise, the personal upheaval and changes in my own life and those I come in contact with, the ever repeating patterns throughout history seem undeniable to me (I repeat “to me” just in case someone wants to jump on it).
Perhaps you should simply ignore those that pick apart all your posts and remember there are plenty of people that come here purely to read and your ideas are useful for these people, I appreciate the effort you have put in and hope you can continue to offer your insights.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

I don't have the means to close this thread. I 'm asking the other posters opinion, so that, in the aftermath we can go on posting here or asking the moderators to close the thread.
We must reach a decision, in a direction or in the other.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

The thread is not to discuss the validity of the timewave zero theory but to note relevant events, or so I thought.

Actually you are off topic. Let me remind you of the OP.

Criticism likewise is welcome. If this is BS, I want to know why you believe it is. If you have information lending to the further validity of timewave theory, I please post it here.

I openly criticize the hoax of TWZ because it is a remarkable failure yet had its religious zealots that post ludicrous connections such as Michael Jackson and Mozart.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

Technological changes have always been happening. The number of people and the resources devoted to new ideas is increasing and has been overall. During times such as now when there is an economic downturn the resources devoted to research go down and thus there is a dip in research and results.

An indicator might be total amount spent on research. That amount comes from government and private funding.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I am noy the only one noticing the increase, perhaps you would enjoy learning a little, read up on the following theories and post your findings if your feel the need to debunk.

Kurzweil's The Law of Accelerating Returns

Vinge's exponentially accelerating change

Moravec's Mind Children

Ephemeralization

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I am noy the only one noticing the increase, perhaps you would enjoy learning a little, read up on the following theories and post your findings if your feel the need to debunk.

So you do not see anything yet you read that some people claim there is an increase. That is what you wrote. You state "I am noy[sic] the only one noticing the increase".

I am aware of what Kurweil and what others have written. I am also aware that their claims are NOT well accepted. Are you?

You do realize that their claims do not match TWZ claims right?
edit on 22-12-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Foramin

Since when have the financial woes of overspending been over. Other collapses have been due to other reasons.

wut

Zagari, I remain skeptical to the Timewave, but your historical perspective appears informed. I enjoy reading your posts.

As for Michael Jackson and Mozart, they were definitely the musical stars of their time. I consider them historically comparable.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Foramin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

So you do not see anything yet you read that some people claim there is an increase. That is what you wrote. You state "I am noy[sic] the only one noticing the increase".

I am aware of what Kurweil and what others have written. I am also aware that their claims are NOT well accepted. Are you?

You do realize that their claims do not match TWZ claims right?
edit on 22-12-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

"Noy" should have been "Not", it was a typo! but thank you for pointing out that it was an error and not the intended word ([sic]) You do love to jump to conclusions.
For clarity here is my original post stating i DO see an increase
"Having seen the massive rise in all things 2012 over last 5 or 6 years has been in itself very interesting, the tightening of legislation in my own country and around the world, the increase in the rate of change whether it be technological or otherwise, the personal upheaval and changes in my own life and those I come in contact with, the ever repeating patterns throughout history seem undeniable to me (I repeat “to me” just in case someone wants to jump on it)."

You say they are not well received, could you point me to the evidence showing how they are "not well received" please. I am not aware of this evidence so I look forward to the theories that state Kurweil and others are incorrect.

No i do not realise that their claims do not match the TMZ as their claims are not related to TMZ anyway, they are related to the increased rate of change (the rate of change is the only part of my initial post that you picked out for debunking).

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Foramin

As for Michael Jackson and Mozart, they were definitely the musical stars of their time. I consider them historically comparable.

I love a good laugh. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You do love to jump to conclusions.

Not at all. I simply quoted you properly and pointed and that it was a proper quote and not my typo. There was no intent to misrepresent you in any way and that is why I marked the typo.

I am not aware of this evidence so I look forward to the theories that state Kurweil and others are incorrect.

I did not state that. I pointed out that Kurweil and others have claims that few people in academia accept. The exponential growth claims of Kurzweil are represented by a few select information based technologies. Kurzweil's claims are based on the assumption of constant cost. There are issues in which cost is not constant, but may be exponential, and that prevents exponential growth.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Foramin

I love a good laugh. Thanks.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by comparing Mozart to the level of cultural ubiquity of Jackson.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You most defiantly did jump to a conclusion as and indeed you have pointed out “Noy” was a typo and you claimed i did not see an increase, for clarity here is your reply

“So you do not see anything yet you read that some people claim there is an increase. That is what you wrote. You state "I am noy[sic] the only one noticing the increase".

I most defiantly do see in increase and that is way i am making a point out of this.

As for Kurzweil I’m not going to be draw into a battle of is he right or wrong I will simply point out he is well respected and after searching for the academia that states he is wrong I find nothing, can you point me in the right direction. Just send me a few web links and i can work out for myself, you wouldn’t want me to just take your word for it would you?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Finding people in academia that think Kurzweil is wrong is easy. Here is a typical statement from a person in academia.

scienceblogs.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Foramin

You did not hurt my feelings. I just think it is funny to think of MJ as comparable to Mozart.

What will distinguish the two over time is that Mozart's name continues to be recognized and Jackson will go the way of Carr and Brice and others.
edit on 23-12-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join