It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do UFOs Crash?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If a UFO has an extraterrestrial origin, then it should be a relatively safe assumption that it is a highly advanced piece of machinery. When we humans design and build a new airplane, there is plenty of testing and retesting done to make sure that it can handle the stresses involved with flight. Our planes are full of features that keep flying relatively safe.

Pilots have to go through a tremendous amount of training in order to be cleared for duty. Much of this training is recurring in order to keep the pilots up to date and to keep the pilots from becoming complacent.

All of this testing and training has resulted in a pretty low crash rate for commercial flights here on Earth.

I can’t speak on how aliens might test their craft and train their pilots, but I bet that they do both.

One would think that as strenuous as atmospheric flight is, space travel would have to be even more so. Especially when you consider the forces required to enter and leave various atmospheres. An interplanetary vehicle would have to be a very sturdy and well engineered bit of construction.

According to www.planecrashinfo.com... the top 2 causes of crashes are pilot error and mechanical failure. Are UFOs death traps flown by inept pilots? I some how doubt that…

Weather related incidents also rate high up on the chart of causes. I struggle with the idea that if a vehicle is designed for interplanetary travel that it would have any serious problems with weather. We have planes that fly through hurricanes. Yes, a plane getting struck by lightning is a bad thing. Maybe a UFO getting struck by lighting is also bad. I don’t know.

Maybe these highly-advanced craft are being shot down by us. Now we would just be speculating if we were to pursue that line of thought...

So, why is it that there seem to be so many UFO crashes?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i dont think that there are many ufo crashes.from the internet circling documents though on the Roswell crash it seems the craft fell from some atmospheric phenomenon or so i understood with my level of english.are there more crashes reported??and if so can someone mention a few? but to further on ops thought my opinion is that every box of nuts and bolts can malfunction.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Human Error.

Really though. I think to many assumptions about E.T.s would have to be made to accurately be able to tell why and how UFOs crash. We, as a public, have no real idea what the UFOs are - they could be living organisms in some instances.

I could imagine that if we developed a UFO and sent it to a far off world that the dangers of crash would be incredibly high, no matter the level of engineering.

Limited contact with the home world, no repair shops nearby, and the need to remain inconspicuous could all factor into the reason a UFO would crash.

When we send a probe to another planet we don't have great expectations of it lasting very long and sometime we are hard-pressed to even get the probe safely into the atmospheres, let-alone onto the surface.

I know our probes are probably simple compared to a possible UFO, but can they escape probability?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Roswell, Kecksburg, possibly Tunguska, Russian photos also show a possible UFO crash. With a little research you could probably find countless reports of downed craft.

While typing this I remembered a video we have probably all see. The video where there appears to be a glowing red craft crashing at an angle.

It hits the ground at a high-rate of speed and bounces. When it hits again it explodes into a molten looking explosion.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
IF UFOs are ET/interplanetary craft, then you can bet the aliens aren't crashing.

It's the military craft experimenting around with new technology which crashes. (Perhaps they are trying to mimic UFO capabilities)

The reason 'ordinary' planes do not crash is because they generate lift using well known scientific principles.

That is the simplest answer. Assuming that ET manufactures crap spaceships is a bad assumption.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Actually, I have read the some if not all of the UFO crashes were due to military shoot downs and/or radar systems. They have obviously corrected any problem they may have had with radar.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
HFO's .

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Also take into account that if an E.T. came to our planet, it is quite possible their craft is being exposed to something they had never developed on their homeworld.

Take for example microwave radar. I remember reading that a prototype microwave radar station. Now, the article may be about a faked UFO sighting, but it doesn't change the research done by other parties who are making claims that it could happen. (Last name similarity is just a coincidence.)

From The Aztec UFO Scam

Loman, who did some investigating of his own, said that Scully's story pans out. The crash was caused by radar, and Loman has documents that prove microwave radar stations existed in this area in 1948. 'The document said the radar was to plot UFO traffic,' he said. 'And it eludes to the fact that the radar systems were knocking them down.' Loman says the microwaves were set up in a triangle, and put there to protect places such as Kirtland Air Force Base and Sandia National Labs. This directly correlates with a theory from Friedman that military testing caused the Roswell crash.

There could be something random on Earth that causes interference with their equipment. There could be something about the Earth itself (electromagnetic, lightning, etc.).

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why shouldn't they crash.

What says, oooh they're aliens they cant crash. They're superior beings...

They would make mistakes just like we do. We crash in cars, we'll crash in space ships - and so do they.

Is there a handbook that says, you're an ET, you shall not crash?

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Appartently, the U.S goverment took a stance in the 50's to shoot down all incoming UFO's i think the order was made because of fear.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ha, great question. I've wondered myself.

Only this past week or so have I come to the conclusion (?) that "it too" is part of the great deception. In other words "it's part of the play" being presented.

Of course I have a different perspective of what this alien thing is really about.

Check out the link www.mt.net... for a new prospective.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
All we can do here is speculate...at the moment.

People often make the assumption that there are lifeforms inside those craft.

If they are technologically advanced then, like us, they will be using AI too to pilot craft.

If they are using AI then it can only be as good as it coding and if it meets something that hasn't been accounted for, it will crash.

I don't subscribe to the "UFOs are lifeforms" theory, as there is no evidence for this yet but AI would also cover this "animal" type behaviour (like in STS75) and we do have evidence that this can exist from our military UAVs.

If they are piloted by beings, then like us they too will make mistakes, for the same reason as the AI...unexpected events.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ofcourse they crash like any other airship, either Human-made or ET-made.
*Sighs* All this "Why do ET's do this and that", is really annoying. ET's are not perfect. Although they may be way superior to Humans, they are still individuals too, and just like Earthly astronauts, visiting ET's are likely fully aware too that a trip to a distant planet has it potential risks.

I came to think of a piece of ancient legend describing when two 'gods' came to visit Earth in one of their "Heavenly Boats". When they came close and just above the sky of the Earth, they had to fly two times around the whole Earth to not be grabbed by the Earth's "force" when they entered its sky. Yet, the force grabbed their ship when they entered it, and they splashed down in the sea.
(Yes, they survived.
)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I've always thought that it was a combination of things that contributed to the crashes. With pilot error,fatique and reacting to a new uknown enviroment being the leading causes.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Maybe the gravitational pull varies from our world to theirs? Also many may have been shot down... But think of all the sightings/crashes that are reported, there must be HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS that go unreported. That's a pretty good flight record if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I began thinking about this problem some time ago. The general question has always been; how can a civilization travel so far only to crash when they get here? I too had read the reports that our radar stems were interfering with their crafts in the 40's, 50's and 60's and that the reason we don't hear of many accidents now is because they were able to make changes to the crafts so radar doesn't affect them anymore.

But then I started reading up on theories pertaining to the multi-verse and extra dimensional realities. In my opinion none of our visitors have traveled light years to get here but use technology that enables them to transverse the boundaries between alternate universes and/or dimensions. They would not necessarily have to have some super duper space ship, just the ability to broach the veil leading to our world.

As far as we know, some ET outside our sphere of influence was screwing around in his basement one day and opened a portal into an alternate reality (us), filed his patent and lived out his life in a universe made up of cookies and pretty alien chicks.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Well the thing with that is.

They travel so far to get here, through what. Space.
The name says it all. They'll occasionaly go through an asteroid belt or two, but nothing unavoidable.

Well as far as i know anyway.

Theres not alot to crash into, is there?

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Rookie pilots.
And I wonder if the little green actors want to fly with them.

Assuming the UFOs you are concerned about are the Tesla design
then the pilots should know that the ship capacitance changes with
altitude.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
LoL maybe the UFOs used communist technology, which as we all know isn't very reliable. Sounds like a good reason for them to crash especially if developped by the tupolev design bureau.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Its always bugged me this one.

If a being can travel from AT LEAST the nearest star Proxima Centaura 271,000 AU from earth then surely they are skilled enough pilots not to slip on a patch of oil?

My theory? There never has been a crashed UFO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join