It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM outlet reports "Is there a Mars Conspiracy"!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Thanks again, religion. You've really made the world a worse place (again.)

Not religion per say... the Jesuits The 'Army' of the Vatican

Ever here of the National Science Foundation?

The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…" With an annual budget of about $6.06 billion,

www.nsf.gov...

"Independant" Uh huh

Where is that money going? Right here

Wheeling Jesuit University

www.wju.edu...

www.wju.edu...

Just Google NSF JESUIT and follow the money

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by havanaja
At a recent NASA meeting, I asked if the Mars explorers had analyzed the subsurface Mars ice slush for "clathrate structures that might contain entrapped organics". My simple, and I thought rational question was met with not just a "No" or "good idea, thanks", or "Yes, we analyzed and fouind nothing",...but instead there was an abrupt change of subject. Absolutely no response of any kind to the question. As a materials technologist, this made me immediately suspect something was up. After more time to think, I seriously feel there are technical discoveries, perhaps more, that NASA is not releasing.

May I ask your connection to NASA that gave you reason to be at that meeting?

Problem with NASA is that you get different stories from different official sources

NASA also published this a while back... and it also went mostly unnoticed here at ATS

Martian Methane Reveals the Red Planet is not a Dead Planet

New research reveals there is hope for Mars yet. The first definitive detection of methane in the atmosphere of Mars indicates the planet is still alive, in either a biologic or geologic sense, according to a team of NASA and university scientists.

www.nasa.gov...

Last I checked Methane is a 'carbon-based “organic” chemical'

Methane -- four atoms of hydrogen bound to a carbon atom -- is the main component of natural gas on Earth. It's of interest to astrobiologists because organisms release much of Earth's methane as they digest nutrients. However, other purely geological processes, like oxidation of iron, also release methane. "Right now, we don’t have enough information to tell if biology or geology -- or both -- is producing the methane on Mars," said Mumma. "But it does tell us that the planet is still alive, at least in a geologic sense. It's as if Mars is challenging us, saying, hey, find out what this means." Mumma is lead author of a paper on this research appearing in Science Express Jan. 15.

Collected data on the Methane
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Then there is this... (also referenced in the OP article)

Mars robots may have destroyed evidence of life
25 May 2009 by David Shiga
www.newscientist.com...

What caught my eye is this part...

Mystery of the missing salt

Organic chemicals are not the only substance that we may have missed on the Red Planet (see above). We should have seen carbonate salts littering the surface.

Weathering breaks down basalt, the dominant rock in the planet's crust, into a clay plus positive ions. These ions should react with carbon dioxide in the Martian atmosphere to form carbonate salts, explains Ralph Milliken at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

Orbiters have spotted clay on Mars but few carbonates or other salts. We shouldn't assume that they aren't there, however, Milliken says.

SAY WHAT??? Missing Salts? Breaking down from Basalt? The Rovers didn't find any?

Spirit Sol 732 LOTS of Vesicular Basalt, v. Scoria

Spirit Sol 728 Close up of Scoria

Zorgon's Collection Vesicular Basalt Nevada Desert (for comparison)

Now in that same area... Spirit has been dragging its broken wheel (yup one wheel is broken and has been dragging) The result of this drag is A) Spirit can't move fast and B) it digs furrows in the loose soil..

No Salt???

Deep Tracks In Colorful Salt Spirit Sol 784
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Sulphur-rich soil on Mars puzzles scientists Spirit Sol 790
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Scoria and Basalt on Salty Dried Lake Bed Sol 721
Still More Salts Sol 723 - Sol 725 - Sol 728 - Sol 788 it wasn't moving far

www.thelivingmoon.com...

So it seems the left hand says one thing and the right han something else... no wonder everyone is so confuddled

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think it is a conspiracy. I think they lie to us even when the truth sounds better. Why do you think they make so many mistakes on their websites at NASA? They are plants, to get the public to suspect something else. You can't tell me that they are putting these photos on the web and not scouring them for faults knowing the conspiracy theorists are always scouring them from their sites. Yet they keep putting faulty photos out there? It doesn't add up. Conspiracy theorists know how to meticulously scour a photo and sometimes the government will plant disinformation or a "breadcrumb trail" that will send them down a perceived path, yet will never give out true or pertinent information that can be used to the advantage of the conspiracy theorist. It's all hard work and hot talk in the end. It is best to just stop looking sometimes rather than trying to find a ghost.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Where is that money going? Right here

Wheeling Jesuit University

www.wju.edu...

www.wju.edu...

Just Google NSF JESUIT and follow the money

If you follow the money you'd be looking at

1 Johns Hopkins U., 1,499,977
2 Stanford U. 679,196
3 U. PA 676,052
4 Duke U. 657,080
5 Cornell U. 648,802

95 Wheeling Jesuit U 4,499 i

www.nsf.gov...

R&D expenditures at private universities and colleges, ranked by all R&D expenditures for the first 100 institutions, by source of funds:
FY 2006

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hmmm I was going to add something... Seems I am missing some files.

I will have to get back later... it was posted here at ATS but didn't come up in search

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
So, the question remains: have attempts to explore Mars been secretly scuppered by religious scientists keen to keep planet Earth “special”? Have they been hiding their sabotage under a veil of incompetence? Or is it that scientists really can be astonishingly incompetent without any outside help? Only Dan Brown’s next novel can tell us

I think the bold text shown here will give you an idea of why this article was written.

Enough said. Sorry to wee on your bonfire.

The Para.

Move over and let me tinkle a little too. You are sooo correct to point out the seemingly evident theme of the artice: promo the next book.

If one wishes to examine the true "religion" behind NASA, one could start with Hoagland's book, "Dark Secrets". NAZI and Masonic occultism would be more to the fore than Judao-Christian values in guiding NASA's so-called research into life on Mars.

That said, I must encourage MSM to turn up the heat on NASA to simply tell the truth. Stopping the practice of coloring the photos released to the public with the red tint to emphasize lifelessnes, would be a good place to start. I hope some in MSM will see that NASA needs to be exposed to advance true scientific honesty.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Why the hell would NASA search for life on Mars when they know on forehand there won't be any (even if there is) ? Why send all the fancy equipment only to cover up the results?
There must be other ways to burn tax dough no?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

So let me see if I got this straight,,, you point out the article is only to promo the book...

and the next line you write is a promo for "Dark Mission"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by romanmel

So let me see if I got this straight,,, you point out the article is only to promo the book...

and the next line you write is a promo for "Dark Mission"

Right. The difference is, my promo is not as a MSM scam, but to promote true evaluation of the religous nature of NASA by ATSers.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Alright, they are looking for carbon life forms, well you can have life from silcone too. I remember writing a paper on it in Chemistry class. I dont have any info now, but Its possible for life to be created out of Silicone. I'm sure if you do a bit of research they can find it. Why dont they try looking for that instead of just thinking inside the box and not using their imagnation?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
If you follow the money you'd be looking at
95 Wheeling Jesuit U 4,499 i

Okay I got what I was looking for so I can make a correction...

I had the wrong group not NSF but NTTC is what I wanted... It was a long time ago we researched this and I had to go ask Undo to find it...

Funny thing is the NSF funding was a new find so it wasn't totally off, just did not illustrate the point I was trying to make in regards to the religious control of science and technology...

SO

Lets start over....

NASA Funds WJU Center to Develop Astronomy, Earth Science Courses

WHEELING, WV — A grant of almost $750,000 will allow the Center for Educational Technologies® at Wheeling Jesuit University to develop online courses on astronomy and Earth science for high school students.

The grant is one of nine proposals NASA is funding for a total of $11.5 million over two years, the space agency announced this week. The selected proposals illustrate innovative approaches to using NASA-themed content in support of secondary-level teaching and learning, with a particular emphasis on high school education.

www.wju.edu...

NTIC

National Technology Transfer Center...

This is the organization responsible for, as the name says... the transfer of technological information

The National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC) has entered its 20th year of providing technology transfer services for federal facilities of our nation. Our work has provided clients with technical and market research expertise dedicated to meeting the complex needs of technology transfer organizations, while providing close support focusing on customer service. NTTC is inspired by the technologies developed at our federal R&D institutions, and is proud of our work commercializing and disseminating federal innovation for the betterment of our nation's economy.

www.nttc.edu...

©2009 National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling Jesuit University

So the transfer of technology is in the hands of the Jesuits

And if NASA is having budget problems, why are they giving the Jesuits 11 million dollars?

That was what I was looking for. I will save it somewhere better this time

Also on the scientist who started this... here is his website for anyone seriously interested in the Viking Mars life sample data

Spherix Mars Research

mars.spherix.com...

LOTS of papers... more data than even I was aware of about those early samples

[edit on 16-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paveway27Why dont they try looking for that instead of just thinking inside the box and not using their imagination?

Because NASA defines the parameters of the Box

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I cant believe people have taken the last line seriously. I just skimmed over it and took it for the joke it was intended to be.

It's not an advert for Dan Brown.

It's a comment on the outlandishness of Brown's storylines and subject matter to the general population, people who are too busy checking how many PopTarts they have left to worry about anything that would presumably make their brain hurt.

Please, concentrate on the content and not the strap line. Just another journo who couldn't think of a decent way to finish an article.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I dont know the truth about life on mars but the article in the times is promoting a book.It may not be Dan browns but it is Michael brooks book 13 things that dont make sence which the argument in the article is pretty much lifted from.There is even a link to the times review of it at the top.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
news.bbc.co.uk...

from your link...

The American space agency (Nasa) has its own money worries and is keen to share the cost of Mars exploration with Europe.

Nasa will sign a "letter of intent" to this effect at a bilateral meeting in Plymouth, UK, on 30 June.

This would mean all future Red Planet missions being badged Nasa/Esa projects.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse28uk
I dont know the truth about life on mars but the article in the times is promoting a book.It may not be Dan browns but it is Michael brooks book 13 things that dont make sence which the argument in the article is pretty much lifted from.There is even a link to the times review of it at the top.

What you guys got something against books? Get over it and focus on the imfornation
You think the Times or the BBC work for free?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

why spend billions on missions to mars if they dont want to find anything?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman692
It seems to me in reading that article, that NASA seems to not follow protocol. let me explain what i mean...

In the army, there is protocol for everything. there is protocol for how PT is conducted. There is protocol for how flags are raised and lowered. There is protocol for EVERYTHING.

So why is it that NASA, which is supposed to have under its wing the best and the brightest minds, seems to jack up everything they try to do?

because they don't follow PROTOCOL.

I think It has more to do with NASA purposely putting on a show of incompetence.

how is it that when two teams are working on a project together, they each use different measuring systems?? you've got imperial on one side, metric on the other?? That's breaking the cardinal rule of science right there. when you work together, you compare notes, ideas, etc, so that any problems in reasearch can be found and routed out. This makes it seem as though these 2 teams worked on a common project, and never once got together to compare notes. insane.

they should just scrap nasa and let the private sector take over, because they are the biggest waste of money. ever.
I don’t think they are a “waste” of money. They’re probably doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to be doing. Most of the tax payer money allocated to NASA is not even used for NASA operations. I can guarantee that much.

how are you gonna ask for billions of dollars of taxpayer money, and botch the whole thing because you didn't compare notes? you should be fired.

Well, you believe the government is incompetent, I believe that they’re playing dumb. I sure as hell hope I’m right, because if they really are this remiss, we’ve problems.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yer NASA has been on the nose of late! You just wonder what there mission is these days?

Don't get me wrong they have managed to do some incredible stuff, But with all the photo faking and stupid explanations of phenomena it sorta leaves you gasping for someone to actually tell the truth about life on mars and the universe generally!

I don't think we will ever get the truth about nature of the universe from NASA!

HO Hum what else is new

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join