It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM outlet reports "Is there a Mars Conspiracy"!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Im not too sure if "The Times" is a big media outlet across the atlantic in the America's but in the UK and Ireland it is one of the most circulated and trusted Newspapers.. And from personal experience, I have found that their political opinions are more factual and less bias than most. I know it is sold in multiple countries, is also a major Business reporter and its online variation is HUGE.

Earlier today I spotted this on the front page of its .co.uk website, It has since been replaced by other headlines but is still in the main section.

Link

Also, the TimesOnline.co.uk homepage also gets over two million views a day!!!!! That is a potential two million instant viewers today and the possibility of an awful lot more over the next week... and that is just on the .co.uk URL.

Now, while the paper itself is not responsible for the original research, it has taken much of its information from research done by a NewScientist consultant.

I firmly believe in microbial life of some description on Mars but that is not the point of this post, The story is basically pointing out that there is no possible way NASA could be stupid enough to cause the problems it has with the hardware it has landed on Mars and is therefore covering up its actual findings.

I think this is another big deal in the "Disclosure" stages.. simply because its become almost common place for people to read this type of information from outlets they trust without blinking an eyelid.. and it has been happening more and more recently.

Wasn't that the supposed reason for the "cover up and slow disclosure" in the first place.. If there is such a "conspiracy"... In my opinion, if this was actually taking place, it wouldn't be a conspiracy but for our own good.. As we all know, a person is intelligent but people are absolutely stupid.

Anywho.. here's the thought provoking quote that grabbed my attention..

Some pesky scientists have just pointed out an appalling design error in NASA’s latest attempts to find life on Mars. This is beginning to look like a conspiracy. Does someone not want us to find life on Mars?

NASA has tried looking for signs of life on Mars precisely once, in the 1976 Viking mission. The result was positive. The reason nobody says there is life on Mars is that another experiment, part of the same mission, couldn’t find any carbon-based “organic” chemicals in Martian soil. This, NASA decided, overruled the other result: with no carbon present, there could be no microbes living on or under the surface of Mars.

Last year, the Phoenix lander repeated the carbon search and failed to find organic molecules. The problem is, we know that there ought to be organic molecules on Mars. Asteroid and comet impacts will have put them there. So what’s going on?

Hmmm?

[edit on 15/6/09 by Dermo]

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It seems to me in reading that article, that NASA seems to not follow protocol. let me explain what i mean...

In the army, there is protocol for everything. there is protocol for how PT is conducted. There is protocol for how flags are raised and lowered. There is protocol for EVERYTHING.

So why is it that NASA, which is supposed to have under its wing the best and the brightest minds, seems to jack up everything they try to do?

because they don't follow PROTOCOL.

how is it that when two teams are working on a project together, they each use different measuring systems?? you've got imperial on one side, metric on the other?? That's breaking the cardinal rule of science right there. when you work together, you compare notes, ideas, etc, so that any problems in reasearch can be found and routed out. This makes it seem as though these 2 teams worked on a common project, and never once got together to compare notes. insane.

they should just scrap nasa and let the private sector take over, because they are the biggest waste of money. ever.

how are you gonna ask for billions of dollars of taxpayer money, and botch the whole thing because you didn't compare notes? you should be fired.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So, the question remains: have attempts to explore Mars been secretly scuppered by religious scientists keen to keep planet Earth “special”? Have they been hiding their sabotage under a veil of incompetence? Or is it that scientists really can be astonishingly incompetent without any outside help? Only Dan Brown’s next novel can tell us

I think the bold text shown here will give you an idea of why this article was written.

Enough said. Sorry to wee on your bonfire.

The Para.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
I think the bold text shown here will give you an idea of why this article was written.

Huh? You think the article was written to sell religious conspiracy books?

A major part of the reason I wrote this was to show a large scale and respectable MSM outlet is pushing the idea that we are being lied to about life outside this planet and for what reason... or am I missing your point altogether?

[edit on 15/6/09 by Dermo]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The Para.

Or....

Or is it that scientists really can be astonishingly incompetent without any outside help? Only Dan Brown’s next novel can tell us /sarcasm

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Great thread!

Just as Father Ernetti chose to say that his Chronovisor / Time Machine did not work, rather than admit that Christ was not crucified and did not exist in the form the Bible paints him, so the Mars Mission to search for life would rather say it 'failed' than admit the truth!

When truth is driven by ideals, then there is no truth any longer!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Interesting. After reading this I went to www.marsanomalyresearch.com and found that there´s some huge problems with the site. Parts are blocked by the ISP. See for yourselves on the home page. Author is linking this problem to his upcoming book, but I´m not sure that´s what causes this. There´s enough info on the website itself that might raise some eyebrows amone even the most cynical of skeptists.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

As the article and the OP pointed out, those "excuses" such as two different teams using different measuring systems, used to explain mission failures, happen too often for them to just chalk it up to human error.

Those "excuses" for why a mission "failed"; therefore, finding were inconclusive, they "lost" a rover that could give us vital information somehow, or a mistake in using two different measuring systems caused a catastrophic failure could just be a cover in order for them not to tell us what they found.

Think about it, they HAVE to say they lost the rover or made a mistake resulting in the inability to produce results/findings because if they didn't use those excuses they would have to produce results.

Scenario: A rover is on Mars and captures some Earth shattering, mind boggling information completely challenging everything we have ever known or thought about existence. You can't just give this information out to the public on a whim. But the public knows you sent a rover to Mars and is anticipating finding out the results. So you just tell them you lost the rover due to a stupid human error that an extremely intelligent person getting paid buttloads of money made. Oops! Sorry, there's no information to give.

Too quaint in my opinion, considering we are dealing with people who are literally rocket scientists.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This article was written by a New scientist contributor,
he ain't plugging any book,just making an observation
on what has already been pointed out to him.
The Dan brown remark is just sarky humour on his part,
even commentors on his article at The Times site have taken
it up wrong,since they have failed to read his story properly!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
Great thread!

Just as Father Ernetti chose to say that his Chronovisor / Time Machine did not work, rather than admit that Christ was not crucified and did not exist in the form the Bible paints him, so the Mars Mission to search for life would rather say it 'failed' than admit the truth!

When truth is driven by ideals, then there is no truth any longer!

You said it much simpler than I! I seem to have that problem.

Who's this Father Ernetti? I guess I can just to look into it myself

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hi Nunya!

Father Ernetti was a priest, scientist, professor of archaic music who claimed to have built a time machine called a chronovisor that allowed him to go into the distant past and see what occurred.

If you have time, get the book and read it! It is a riveting read and truly amazing for all conspiracy theorists!!

Even the writer, Peter Krasse was killed in mysterious circumstances after the book came out!

The time machine has been dismantled and hidden in the Vatican as it is too dangerous an instrument of truth and we all know how the vatican fears the truth!!

But like NASA he had to tell a lie, (I believe) to cover the shocking truth....in my opinion!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It would surprise me if a organization like NASA really did fail so hard. Something fishy i think.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Did not the late Father say that he witnessed the Crucifixion
by the Chronovisor?,and that would have been years before he died.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

That's crazy, the reponse to your thread,

I posted the exact same article on the 120609

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nobody cared!

I guess ABN sucks!

[edit on 15-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
At a recent NASA meeting, I asked if the Mars explorers had analyzed the subsurface Mars ice slush for "clathrate structures that might contain entrapped organics". My simple, and I thought rational question was met with not just a "No" or "good idea, thanks", or "Yes, we analyzed and fouind nothing",...but instead there was an abrupt change of subject. Absolutely no response of any kind to the question. As a materials technologist, this made me immediately suspect something was up. After more time to think, I seriously feel there are technical discoveries, perhaps more, that NASA is not releasing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

You want to talk about black holes. I have been telling people for years that NASA and the military is the biggest black hole ever! They keep sucking up our money for a bunch of useless crap.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The problem is, as NASA's Douglas Ming (the Merciless) has pointed out in a recent paper, the experiments..

bold mine.

that's probably the best part of the article, it literally made me laugh out loud.

But on a serious note...
NASA truly is a huge waste of money. As others have said, it costs billions of dollars to send this stuff to another planet only to find out " oops we messed up". For the amount of money we're spending on this stuff, everything should be triple checked at the least to ensure proper function, before liftoff. And for cryin out loud, it's high time that they took a page out of the private space companies books. they've designed cheap(compared to say the shuttles) orbital vehicles that are safe and effective, yet nasa is scrapping the shuttle(as they should) and going back to the apollo days of design. sometimes it's frustrating just thinking about it....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"Could" this be a conspiracy? Sure, a very Human/Mammalian/Earth life biased one. For a very long time now we as a people have been fed some very "skewed" information from a number of religious and Scientific organizations. Heck in America there is still big battles going on with Evolution vs Creationism with big brains slugging it out.

Honestly I don't have to much of a problem thinking someone opposed to finding life outside our planet of derailing the search at every turn if they could. SETI finds a signal (SHGbo2+14a) but lets not go back for a second look, because we all KNOW it can't be so. Next lets go to a frigid planet and superheat our samples!-Yah thats what we will do! Oh look darn, didn't find anything-again! Oh and that whole Metric conversion thing, well we are just SO silly sometimes!

Lets follow the water... but not just land on the Ice Cap! (hheelloo? anyone home?). I fervently believe our Goverment(s) know a lot more then they are letting on but we are being spoon fed so that the revelation when it comes will be as minimally distruptive as possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The Para.

I think the journalist was just using a term about detective work that is usually associated with Dan Brown's books, like saying you are going to google or Ebay something.

His new book is about Freemasonry. en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder what Beagle 2 really found? Or what found it!

[edit on 15/6/09 by hey1212]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Father Ernetti faked the picture of the crucifixion and was proved to have lied over his picture of the dying christ.

He did this to try to prove a belief that turned out not to be true.

No life on Mars? Are we really so sure about that or does NASA just not want there to be life on Mars?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Elliot]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join