It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM outlet reports "Is there a Mars Conspiracy"!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Excellent thread.

My stance is, and has always been, that we cannot discount the possibility of life on Mars without actually putting humans on the planet to go look.

After all microbial life has been discovered here on earth as far down as 7.5 miles into the crust. We've drilled holes and mines as deep as our current technology allows us to, and we've found microbial life present every step of the way.

This leads scientists to ponder whether life actually started on the surface, or if it originated in the subsurface, and eventually found it's way to the surface.

Some geologists speculate that there is as much as 10 times the amount of water trapped within Earths mantle rock as there is in all of the surface oceans. Could the same not hold true for Mars? Perhaps conditions for martian microbial life are not ideal until 10, 15 or 20 miles below the surface. Perhaps it's not carbon based in the first place. Perhaps, just perhaps, we know a lot less than we think we do about life in general.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've seen this somewhere before...a while ago. Hmm

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Hi Elliot,
I am not coming from a particularly religious view here,
(in any case the current Pope has said it's okay to embrace
the belief of other civilizations although i'm not to sure how Jesus's
role comes out in this scenario)What i'm getting at is the year 1960
when Francois Brune met Father Ernetti,who told Francois Brune
about the machine and that one of the things he had seen on the
machine was the crucifixion.
So I hope you can see my conflict here,either the machine existed or it didn't,or did not work.
If he faked pictures of the crucifixion,was it to enforce the idea that the machine worked,
and that the Bible is true in its version of events,
or that the machine didn't work,and that the Bible is true in its
version of events anyway,is that what you are saying?
You don't say if you believe yourself that the machine or its bits,
is stowed in the Vatican or somewhere.
The Times article is interesting,but it is also a confusion of then and
now...in fact I think that the period of the 60's was more questioning
about the strict religious view than ever before.
If NASA is concealing something re; Mars,or the Moon what is it?
there ain't nothing new under A sun.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Good information, NASA is a crock of bs in my opinion. WHY? Because they are now just a cover for something else, the real space program. All these mess ups and stuff is like other members already said, nothing but covers. IMO we landed men on Mars in the sixties. I think it is VERY GOOD and possibly a sign of the disclosure process being ramped up that a MSN is covering this. I would bet that there is microbial life on at least 6 bodies in our solar system (planets and sattelites). I also think that the first 'disclosure' will be nothing more than an announcement of the discovery of microbial life on Mars. Obama has actually been looking heavily into NASAs budget recently and depending on if he knows the 'truth' or not wil depend on how his decision goes. That could also effect any type of NASA disclosure or closing. But people look, if NASA is closed and the US program goes private or worse military, you think right now we are being lied to, damn, just wait and see how much we are shown if it goes private or DoD!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Reading the times eh!!!

Nice find yet again.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Gilbert Levin, who ran the 1976 experiment to search for life, the one that got a positive result, thinks it’s all down to a religious conspiracy...

Well, score another one for religion. Possibly 40+ years of proof that we are not alone, and the religious people throw a fit, and decide that they have to sabotage billion dollar space missions, and misinform the public about what's really going on.

Thanks again, religion. You've really made the world a worse place (again.)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Given that father Ernetti was allegedly helped by Wernher von Braun and Enrico Fermi to build the time looking machine it could be true but .. meh.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Good Thread I think NASA is definitely covering the fact of life on Mars up. An agency with the supposed best and brightest making huge mistakes in there procedures and evidence gathering doesn't wash. They've got the brainpower and the money to do the job right. Yea something is way off. I believe it's a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Dermo:
I'm in a rush here on this reply as I have to get some yard-work done before dark so I'll try to be short. (Be forewarned though, I'm not good at keeping things short when it comes to something I feel passionate about.) Your post, as well as several of the replies I read, are right on the money. I think America has reached the point where almost every department needs to be conducted, in some ways, like a private business. I mean this only in a few ways, not entirely. Only one thing matters for each department, results, results, and one other thing, better results as time goes on!!! If every "department head" operated like the CEO of a company, and had to answer for their departments errors, budgets, lack of meeting goals & expectations, etc., etc., I believe we would live in a much more efficient country. Efficiency would eventually lead to success, and that success would eventually equal a better economy. And that my friends, would lead to the United States once again becoming a country to be proud to be born in. (Using different measuring systems my a-s-s!!!!) This is really awesome, we can't trust our government when it comes to being told the truth, or we can't trust our government to not screw up billion dollar projects due to minute matters, or more than likely - both.
(When I reach my 20 posts and am allowed to start my own threads like a grown up, I'll tell you how I really feel about our F.U.Gt.)

Peace Eveyone,
Chris

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mitman93
I've seen this somewhere before...a while ago. Hmm

hehe yeah here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But it's all good!

To be fair he said some good stuff too!

As long as the truth gets out there I'm happy!

I think it's actually karma for this:

Why do the dumbest threads get the most replies?
haha!

[edit on 15-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I think it's actually karma for this:

Why do the dumbest threads get the most replies?
haha!

LOL, well it just goes like this sometimes, although I have seen quite a few duplicates recently, with the one that duplicated the first getting MANY more replies!lol...

On topic..

I think that this story really needs to take off, if it gets large scale attention like "Letterman's joke on Palin's daughter" did then maybe NASA would feel some pressure and maybe, maybe. maybe relinquish some of the hidden information they have.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I agree, but I hate that no matter where the news comes from, they always seem to report it tongue in cheek, you knowm as if it's amusing and funny.

The weird thing is these stories are popping up all over the place, and they can't use the same joking approach for ever!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman692
So why is it that NASA, which is supposed to have under its wing the best and the brightest minds, seems to jack up everything they try to do?

NASA? You mean these guys?

March. 11, 2009

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - NASA postponed the launch of space shuttle Discovery just hours before it was to head to the international space station Wednesday because of a hydrogen gas leak that could have been catastrophic at liftoff.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hmmm Wonder why?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Fantastic find
I just sent this link to my network...

Times is definitely a good voice. As you say reaches millions, not counting the millions more indirectly that see this through this thread at ATS

Tongue in Cheek... sure but that is okay. I have noticed that humans generally laugh and joke at the unexpected. Its like a defense mechanism. But it's normally a very nervous form of humor.

Point is main stream is taking notice that something doesn't make sense. The perchlorate issue was brushed over when it was first announced. Perchlorates are not a normal thing to find abundantly in soil

For those who don't know, its also a residue after extensive bombing as well as rocket fuel. While some does form naturally on Earth, its not common. That is why when they first announced it it was important

I hope there will be follow ups but this is news in my world

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
As a wild stab in the dark I'm going to go on record and say that NASA didn't mess up ~ THEY LIED... I couldn't have gotten through my secondary school exams with the principals they're using as research and analysis AND we all know it.

They may or may not have found what we're guessing at, but there's no way they messed it up.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMatt
Interesting. After reading this I went to www.marsanomalyresearch.com and found that there´s some huge problems with the site.

Really?
My site was completely down most of the day today... power failure at the main server. Its back now but even Youtube was out for a while today...

Curious indeed... I will drop skipper a note and see what happened

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Nobody cared!
I guess ABN sucks!

Dang it your thread was posted three days ago on the 12th and no one rattled my chain?
Wonder why it missed my radar

Happens sometimes but three days for this kind of news? must be a conspiracy

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Some people have pointed out the plug for Dan Brown's book at the end, but I'd like to point out that his new book "The Lost Symbol" has had no details released about the plot, so either the author of this article has some inside info about the book, or he's simply making a passing speculation.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Hi Reugen,
I suppose one way of looking at it is, if the machine was real
and based on the the idea that whatever sound was made ever,
was able to be recovered,then

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

NASA DOES follow protocol... their own protocol, and then cover things up to make it look like they don't follow protocol or that their info is wrong.
NASA probably isn't a total waste of money, I'm sure they have found and contributed to tons of govt. experiments that have not been reported to the public.
You say a private firm should take over? Well, the last time I checked the govt was a private firm... probably the largest one... who do you think runs it?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Odessy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join