It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced strange weather lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I thought maybe we could use a thread to report strange or odd weather...

Mine happened yesterday Saturday June 11th 2009 just after seven PM. Albuquerque New Mexico USA....
I had to make a quick run to walmart to replace a busted coffee maker. when I walked out to the car I noticed it was sprinkling outside...

What was strange is it was hot rain... warmer then the air temp... kind of like very warm bath water... now I'm and old guy who's been around a lot of years visited many different places in the world and I don't ever remember hot rain before...

Even as the sun went down it just got hotter... Now I know this is a little thing to be sure... but it just had a wrongness to it....

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I live in the North East, South of Boston, and a couple of weeks ago we had a violent storm. Sheets, and I mean sheets of hail came down for about 15 minutes. We've had hailstorms before, but never anything quite like this.

The other thing that I've noticed is a lot more purple and red sunsets than ever before. What used to be once or twice a month has become an almost everyday occurrence.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by This rabbit is done runni

Ya know now that you mention it.... the southwest is known for our spectacular sunsets but lately they've been muted, not as colorful if not just a hazy grayish. at least over that last few weeks.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yes, I've been noticing creepy weather for the last few years. Violent.
Frequent. It's like"Atlas Shrugged". I remarked to someone last summer, as we were both running to our cars in a parking lot to avoid being struck by lightening, that it's like our planet is trying to kill us. You know, the earthquakes, mudslides, fires, floods, hailstorms, volcanic eruptions, tsunami's along with the usual tornados and hurricanes.

Having made this remark, the person, (a stranger) said "please don't say that. You must not say things like that)."

That same night I dreamed the weather had gotten so bad, that the human race was forced to live underground. It was very real, and I, too, was underground in all these tunnels and living complexes, and we could hear the storms raging above us. Our mood, in the underground, was sad and fearful. It was so creepy it woke me up.

Just so you'll know, never, not once in my life have I had a dream that came true, so not to worry. I'm not psychic. Just worried about our beautiful planet.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Something I've been saying for the best part of 20 years is that Mother Nature is pissed, and she's just about ready to take her planet back. As time progresses, this seems to be coming to fruition. Whether it's the ozone layer, weather machines, or a combination of everything, something's going to happen.

Or it could simply be the natural progression of the planet.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've definately been thinking that myself. I live in L.A. and we're experiencing what seems to me like fall and sometimes spring weather. Last weekend the skies were unbelievably beautiful; big, white puffy clouds and blue skies like I thought I would never see again here. There was an awesome breeze also and this lasted for about three days. Now it's just mostly gloomy clouds all day. It's not like the usual "June gloom" where it's cloudy in the morning and clears up later. It's even supposed to lightening later this week based on weather forecasts. And yes, the chemtrails are still being sprayed most days. I observe them amongst the clouds.

I don't consider myself that much of a theorist but I just feel that for some reason this is not natural.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As a matter of fact, yes.
Here in north central tx, thunderstorms are pretty commonplace this time of year. But this past week a stalled front had day after day of storms training directly across dallas-fort worth. While this isn't as common to get day after day of t-storm they were mostly all severe and usually they let up when they come day after day like that. And weirdest of all was the severity of the lightening. The light shows in the area were absolutely incredible.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't know if this could be considered strange but it is out of the ordinary. I live near Philadelphia, PA and the late spring/early summer weather has been a lot cooler than usual with a lot of rain. Usually by this time of year it has been warm enough to swim from Memorial Day on. But so far it's been hovering around the low to mid 70's for the most part with only a few warmer days being quickly followed by cool and stationary fronts bringing rainy days, more than the usual quick shower. At this point we'll be swimming by the July 4th weekend.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by This rabbit is done runni

The other thing that I've noticed is a lot more purple and red sunsets than ever before. What used to be once or twice a month has become an almost everyday occurrence.

I have noticed this as well. "Red sky at night, sailor's delight.."

Well, those swabbies must have had some really good luck lately!!

I've been noticing increases in solar activity (flares) and terrestrial magnetospheric variances (I keep the satellites and magnetometer chain data on my second monitor - and myself and the people who live here and hang out with me have noticed it too, as well as the odd weather..)

This is an exciting time. My gut feeling tells me this increase cloud and storm cover is a result of increased solar activity, and just like Stephen Colbert - I trust my gut!

A couple hours after the increase in solar activity my friend and I noticed a fast moving storm approach and I noticed more "wispy" movement on the GOES earth satellites that show cloud cover in the visible and IR spectrums.

Kinda like the towering "flame" that was posted yesterday on spaceweather.com, I believe that meterological patterns on Earth are directly affected by the changing magnetosphere and as a result impact Earth, but more research is required and I've already got about 20 papers in my "to read" folder...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

This is off-topic, but I'm curious about your avatar. What's up with that?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yes here in Saskatchewan we have had a very cold spring with snow in the South East just around a week ago.

As of the past couple of days its been warming up and this is important as I want my potatoes and tomatoes to grow good 'n bushy.

We have set some new record lows in the past few weeks as well.

The old timers around here all think we are messing with the weather too much.

By the way I was shocked at some with these old farmes who live here as they all believe in UFO's with a few saying they have seen them.

lol

Here is a Canadian link to a thread on record lows in Canada in spring 2009....www.storm2k.org...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I live in Kentucky, and I've noticed that we're experiencing cooler than normal temperatures for several weeks. I can't say it's anything I found alarming or worrisome, but I have noticed how pleasant it is outside when normally this time of year it's much warmer and stickier.

I came across several articles which indicate that other parts of the U.S. are experiencing not only cooler than normal temperatures, but frost and snow during June.

Here are some of the articles I've found which mention much cooler than normal temperatures and weather which is out of the ordinary:

"Twin Cities Go Through Historic Cool Snap"

"Snow Falls in Western ND in June"

Some child hikers experienced "hypothermic conditions" in June and the weather made driving conditions similar to winter conditions:

The California Highway Patrol is advising drivers to behave "as you would if you were driving in December." Chains are required on Highway 108 east of Strawberry, and the California Department of Transportation closed Tioga Pass on Friday because of snow.
SOURCE: The Modesto Bee

After reading this article, I wanted to find out how often the Tioga Pass area gets snow in June. I found a chart that lists snow accumulation in Yosemite Park. It goes back to 1947. I don't see any mention of snow in June from 1947 to 2006. Here's the link which breaks down the total monthly snowfall at Yosemite from month to month from 1947-2006.

I was reading Urban Survival last week, and the author was mentioning odd weather and gave a link to this site which is where I found the articles and the NOAA website that I mentioned above. If you have time, browse around that site to find more articles and interesting information.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by cornblossom] Edit was to try to fix links

[edit on 14-6-2009 by cornblossom]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

My friend sitting behind me playing bust-a-move on SNES has something to say regarding the weather. (I feel like a relay operator, haha this is as verbatim as it gets!)

"there's an abundance of pollen, driving down the road it's swirling on the ground I've never seen so much in the city and I've grown up in the country. It's just layering the ground. It's just I can't even tell what plant it's from, milkweeds? It's big puffs, a client said it to me yesterday, did you see it in the air? The plants, everything will fight back, we can't think that we live on a planet like this and it won't fight back. Have you ever seen the movie 'The Happening'?

It's about the trees and plants fighting back, they emit some sort of chemical that goes right to human's brains and creates a state of confusion.." "I just think there are other things we need to watch and if we think some sort of interference, we need to watch the birds. They rely on the magnetic field for flight.."

And that's her $0.02 on the matter..

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cornblossom

Just this past Thurs. we had a rescue helicopter go down in a snow storm north of Santa Fe. NM... Of course that's high country Mt, Baldy is like 12,000 feet but sill unusual for June in NM...

News Story about crash

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I thought maybe we could use a thread to report strange or odd weather...

Mine happened yesterday Saturday June 11th 2009 just after seven PM. Albuquerque New Mexico USA....
I had to make a quick run to walmart to replace a busted coffee maker. when I walked out to the car I noticed it was sprinkling outside...

What was strange is it was hot rain... warmer then the air temp... kind of like very warm bath water... now I'm and old guy who's been around a lot of years visited many different places in the world and I don't ever remember hot rain before...

Even as the sun went down it just got hotter... Now I know this is a little thing to be sure... but it just had a wrongness to it....

If the air becomes warmer even after Sunset, then it is either due to the passage of a Warm Front, and/or a shift in the Prevailing Winds. As for the "Hot Rain", I have experienced this whenever Tropical Storms emanating from the Southern Atlantic come through my region (They carry Warm Ocean Water from the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea).

As a matter of fact, the wildest rain that I have ever experienced occurred in Mallorca, Espana (Spain). I have a relative living there, and when I went to visit about five years ago, I remember waking up and discovering that our car had been completely PLASTERED with Brown Mud
lol. My cousin told me that the storms crossing the Mediterranean carry the sand from the Sahara (In North Africa), and then dump it in the Precipitation. I actually witnessed it on two separate Mornings, and it still astonishes me to this very day.

Having been raised in the Mid-Atlantic portion of the United States, I can tell you from experience that I have been through nearly every form and variation of Weather known to man. We exist at a constant clashing ground of air masses and pressure systems, and I simply cannot tell you all of the times in which we have had dramatic temperature and pattern shifts in a 12-24 hour time period.

Even years ago, when I was a youngster in the Mid-to-Late 1980's, I remember we would sometimes have a day in January where the Temperature would hit somewhere in the 70's (Fahrenheit), and we would all run home, put on shorts, and play outside all day. THEN, within the next 24-48 Hours it would just as suddenly be freezing again, with Daytime Highs not exceeding the Mid-30's Fahrenheit, with Nighttime Lows in the Lower 20's to Upper Teens, and sometimes we would even have snow accompanying such.

This past Winter, we had a warm day in January where it hit somewhere in the Upper 50's Fahrenheit, then for the next two weeks we were hammered by Record Breaking lows, where on the first day of such a pattern, our High Temperature was in the Teens, while our Low was hitting -10 Degrees Fahrenheit (Below Zero), with the Wind Chill.

Even more random though, my Father attended College up in New Hampshire back in the 1950's (Dartmouth), and one summer they decided to climb Mt. Moosilauke. It was an extremely beautiful June day, with Blue Skies, and not a Cloud in Sight. The Temperature was hovering somewhere in the Mid-70's Fahrenheit, and so they decided to head up towards the summit during an outdooring excursion. Low and behold, they were not even all the way up the mountain, when it suddenly turned freezing cold and they were soon caught in a Blizzard! Fortunately they were able to seek shelter inside a Trail lodge, which was also stocked with some supplies and necessities. That area of New Hampshire, which is not very far from Mt. Washington, is EXTREMELY notorious for quickly changing and vastly variant Weather Patterns. The locals even say: "If you don't like the weather, just stand around and wait 15 minutes". The reason such occurrences hold true, has to do with the fact that the Jet Stream runs straight over this particular area, and seeing as how it packs winds of 150 MPH +, you can imagine the sudden alterations in Cloud Cover, Precipitation, and Temperatures coming about as a result of such.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The U.S. Military has stated they want to "OWN" the weather by 2025.
californiaskywatch.com...
americanskywatch.com...
geocities.com...

The U.S. Patent office has given patents to Hughs Aircraft Corp. for methods of cloud seeding with aluminum, barium. and strontium.
Patent #5,003,186 filed April 1990

My own experience... I was sitting in my yard next to my 6'x8' pond. As I was looking up at the contrails/chemtrails criss-crossing the sky I felt a drizzle on my face. NO CLOUDS were anywhere, just several trails from one end of the horizon to the other end. These trails lasted about half and hour or more and slowly got bigger/wider as they dissipated. Vapor trials should only last 60-90 seconds. I noticed that they seemed to be getting closer and closer as well. As this drizzle was hitting my face I looked at the surface of my pond to see if indeed it was raining. What I saw to my surprise was an OILY film over the surface of my pond that had never been there before. This convinced me that there is definitely some sort of spraying going on from jet fuel. The next day to week there were unusual lightning storms and much cooler weather than normal for Northern California.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ural Mountain chain zone (Russia) - very high temperatures (up to 40 degrees C), and past two days sudden very strong winds, 1 hour max in duration, then it's calm again. Nothing of that kind for the past 4-5 years.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yep, same here. Been cool and alot of rain.
Kind of nice though. I'd rather grab a jacket
than swelter through the heat.
I work outside and my job gets very hot(and cold)
so I notice these weird weather goings out of necessity.
Always have. It's a fascination or even admiration for
the why of the what of things.
Just wanted to mention, this is the part the meteorologists cannot anticipate.
And probably will continue. IMO
The weather has always got weird at times or even deadly.
All we can do is prepare the best we can.
It may be a good time to exercise your intuition.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Yeah i've noticed the same thing here in Detroit, MI. It seems so much cooler than any other summer that I can remember, it's been hovering in the 70s for a few weeks now. Usually we'd be up into the 80s at least by now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join