It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced strange weather lately?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Possibly due to the recent increased solar flux causing atmospheric EM
disturbances pushing that cold front into the area.

All of that water has to go SOMEWHERE, and the clouds are most certainly forming, they're just taking the water away with them, and letting out a spray here and there on their way to and fro.

Notice the southern wind in your area? I had it in mine. Usually it's blows easterly ... I really hope that Hydro-Québec has been taking this issue as seriously as they've portrayed, but considering the state of bridges and hospitals I won't hold my breath..

It's gonna be a hot summer, and the demand for energy will be the highest in our history.

I've sent you a U2U with some links so that you can monitor the weather patterns for yourself and draw your own conclusions and prepare as you see fit.

Santé!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Out here in the rocky mountains we get dry lighting storms all the time... that's why we get so many wildfires... Not this year were colder than normal just two weeks ago we had snow up in the high country and this week every afternoon a nice evening shower... doesn't sound like the desert southwest does it... seems our patten shifted east???

PS wait till you get a positive lighting storm now those make the hair on your arms stand up

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

notice in your image the line of clouds coming up out of old Mexico??? we don't normally see those monsoon type rains until later in the year Aug Sept

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Geez, am I crazy - or is that what I think it is forming off of the coast of Alaska?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cd6d5a76455.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes the weather in the South West UK was messed up round about those dates. We had very sudden and violent rain. I joked at the time that i hadn't seen anything like it since the week of the Olympics in china.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
From Environment Canada

Marine Forecast
Winds Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 June 2009
Today Tonight and Sunday

Gale warning in effect. Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming 20 to 30 late this afternoon then becoming westerly 20 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to westerly 10 Sunday evening.

Waves Issued
02:00 AM PDT 27 June 2009
Today Tonight and Sunday
Seas 3 to 4 metres building to 3 to 5 early this afternoon then subsiding to 4 overnight. Seas subsiding to 3 Sunday morning and to 2 Sunday evening.

Extended Forecast Issued 04:00 AM PDT 27 June 2009 Monday Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots. Tuesday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots. Wednesday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots.

Weather & Visibility Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 June 2009 Today Tonight and Sunday A few showers.

www.weatheroffice.gc.ca... =04808

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, just to let everyone know...the weather in my area in Southern Oregon, after being highly unusual (see previous post) for the whole part of this year, has finally returned to normal for the time being.

The last 3 days we have not had any rain (like we normally wouldn't) and the temperatures has returned to the high '90s as they normally would be this time of year.

Just today, the animals stopped preparing for Autumn/Winter. The birds are singing instead of their panicked chirp, and the four legged mammals are playing instead of hoarding.

Knock on wood that it lasts.

And to the one who posted that Satellite Pic of the storm-front in the Pacific Ocean just south of Alaska, that has been the storm that has been hitting us here in the Pacific NW for quite a while now.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Great observations. The magnetosphere is taking some serious increases in particle density and intensity...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a5d9fdcc0e8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I live in western Wyoming. We have had a freakish amount of rain this year. What is normally barren wasteland in the summer now looks like Ireland. We have never had this kind of weather ever.

I can't say I'm complaining. Life is flourishing here this year.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yeah there seems to be a reversal process at work.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We had a storm on Saturday like nothing I’ve seen before. It was lovely bright sunshine one minute and then the sky went black. Lightning, thunder and hail. It lasted about an hour. My neighbour’s extension roof, which is clear plastic, was full of holes and another neighbour had several panes of glass on his greenhouse smashed. There is a RHS garden near us and they have a huge glass house where they keep bananas, mangos and lots of other exotic plants. The whole roof was smashed in and will cost thousands of pounds to repair.

Although it was destructive I LOVED it

My wife grabbed the camcorder and filmed me running around in the garden and yelping every now and then as I was hit on the head

I lasted about 45 seconds before I realised that I could get REALLY hurt and decided to come in hehe

The storm lasted about 45 minutes.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
We had a storm on Saturday like nothing I’ve seen before. *snip*

The storm lasted about 45 minutes.

Great report, where are you located?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join