It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Boy Accused of ‘Collaborating’ With Israel Killed by His Own Family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Palestinian Boy Accused of ‘Collaborating’ With Israel Killed by His Own Family

(CNSNews.com) – Members of a Palestinian family tortured and then hanged a 15-year-old boy accused of “collaborating” with the Israeli authorities, according to Palestinian Authority police who arrested his father, an uncle and a cousin.

P.A. police official Brig.-Gen. Adnan al-Damiri said Thursday that those arrested had confessed to killing Ra’ed Sawalha, and sought to justify their actions by saying he was a “spy” for the Israelis, the Palestinian news agency Ma’an reported.

CNSNews

(More information in the link)

I can not truly express my horror at these actions.

Being a father, actions like these are so completely against anything human they are almost incomprehensible.

And apparently it is not an isolated incident.

While the incident is particularly shocking because of the victim’s age and the family’s involvement, scores of Palestinians accused of collaborating with Israel have been killed by others, including relatives, since the P.A. self-rule administration was established in Gaza and parts of the West Bank in 1994.

(Same link)

I don't have the answer for what needs to be done over there, in fact I fear that no one does. I just know that when children begin to pay the ultimate price, maybe it is time someone actually stepped up..

Semper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This indeed is way off the radar scope. Its just an indication of the educated level of parenting going on not only in that part of the world but throughout the world. It is also disgusting that the Israeli intelligence would contract an agent of that age.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

It is also disgusting that the Israeli intelligence would contract an agent of that age.

If they actually did...

There is so much propaganda going on over there, I hesitate to believe pretty much any allegations from either side..

Semper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Yes sadly we dont know what is truth at all anymore when dealing with such cycle of hatred.
It reminds me of the honor killings that some Islamic families do on their daughters.

This sence of honor is very ingrained in such societies.
When in Israel and Palestine my head hurt being pulled emotionally by one then the other,describing the injustices perpetrated on each other and it was obvious that the cycle of hatred will be very hard to break.

The Palestinian condition is totally unaceptable.

Such beautiful country, but so small and full of fear and anger

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I will agree with you 100%. Its almost impossible to verify the reasons of such events going on within that are of the world. But here is an interesting statistical analysis of this year. I copied the whole content as it only contains this related article.

Date: 11 / 06 / 2009 Time: 17:58

Gaza - Ma’an - The body of a 21-year-old woman was uncovered in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday in the Deir Al-Balah Refugee Camp in a murder that appeared to be an “honor killing.”

The Palestine Center for Human Rights investigated the case, which police would only say was a suspected honor killing, and identified the woman as Sahdia Abu Sa'ad.

In their investigation, PCHR said police sources “revealed that the victim's father issued a confession to the police” that he had killed his daughter to “preserve family honor.”

According to PCHR's documentation, the number of people killed allegedly "to maintain family honor" since the beginning of 2009 has reached 8 (5 women, two men and a child) in 6 separate crimes. Seven of the crimes were committed in the Gaza Strip.

maannews.net...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hopefully if a solution can be found tn the conflict,these kind of tragedies will cease.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Historically partisans have used kids to convey messages under the noses of Germans in occupied Europe during World War Two . IMO thou in this case judging by the MO of terrorist organisations in recent times this kid crime was probably attending school in the hope of a better future . Unless some of other facts emerge this is my take on the situation .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Killing your own children... what has the world come to?
And not only that, TORTURED!
My relationship with my parents is nil but I doubt they would still turn me in if I murdered someone!!

I used to think people who said we should just nuke the whole Middle East were sadistic but all the time I think it more and more a good idea. But not stop there, rest of the world after..

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
What a mess over there and it doesn't appear that any reconciliation will ever manifest itself between the two warring factions. It is still speculation that the boy was in fact collaborating with the Israeli Defense Forces. Even if he was spying, what justifies a father taking the life of his own son. It is lunacy plain and simple and filicide. That father is certainly a madman. To kill your own son a part of you? I will never know what was going through the father's mind to commit such a heinous act.

Many of the killings over there between family members are often an act of ignorance. I just hope that one day they are able to rationalize their errors and not act on evil ideologies. The kids, both Israeli and Palestinians; are caught in the middle of that terrible conflict and it gets more hopeless everyday with news like this.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Very tragic, here is some follow-up information from the Jerusalem Post:

Relatives of boy slain as 'collaborator' seek death penalty for family members who killed him

Relatives of the 15-year-old Palestinian boy who was murdered by members of his family last week on suspicion of "collaboration" with Israel have called on the Palestinian Authority to impose the death penalty on the culprits.

The boy, Raed Sawalha, from the village of Hijjah in the Kalkilya district, was brutally tortured before being hanged. His body was discovered on Wednesday in a warehouse belonging to his family.

His father, Wael, had locked him inside the warehouse after villagers claimed that they had seen the boy "chatting" with a Border Police soldier.

The father told police that he only sought to "discipline" his son and did not know that other members of the family, including his own brother, would assault him and kill him.

There is also a photograph of a Palestinian "collaborator"'s lifeless body being beaten and kicked in the streets, while people stand around videoing it on their phones.

Another photo shows Islamic Jihad gunman dragging a suspected collaborator, hooded and handcuffed, through the streets.

Those of you demanding a separate Palestinian state: These are the people you want to give power over Palestinians to. I hope you'll be happy.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Lets just take a step back.

Throughout Southern Europe in countries such as Italy, Greece and Spain there have been similar incidents were family members were fighting each other on the battle fields during a civil war. This is continually happening in the Golden Triangle (Burma,Laos,Vietnam) to this very date. it truely is the the ugly side of human nature were you would turn to kill a family member for an ideology that has been force fed.

As for the Palestine become a separate state, well lets say that they did not wake up one day and decide to kill their members for collaborating with the enemy or because they felt like it. Everything especially the middle east situation has parameters which obviously both sides have infringed in more way than one. Its analogy of this would be that if you were to find a dog in the street and corner it, however friendly the dog is, at some point its primal instinct of survival will be ignited and it will attack you.

It is obvious that mistrust and for good reason from both sides are what is fueling this problem in the middle east and in my opinion, if and when peace is brought to the middle east, then that is when we will be travelling on the most dangerous highway for mankind.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Israeli Occupation forces are notorious for targeting Palestinian children usually through the various Israeli check points they are forced to filter through and the detainment policy imposed.

Generally Palestinian children detained end up in Israeli military prisons where some are coerced to spy for Israel.

Freedom Now: Campaign to Release Palestinian Child Prisoners

1. What is The Campaign to Free Palestinian Child Political Prisoners ?

The Campaign to Free Palestinian Child Political Prisoners began on 1 September 2001 with the launch of the Campaign website and the publication of a series of eight fact sheets and a poster [PDF Format 261KB].

The overall aim of the campaign is to obtain the release of Palestinian child prisoners. In addition, six other intermediate goals have been identified:
• Protect Palestinian child prisoners from physical and mental violence.
• Improve Palestinian children's conditions of detention in Israeli prisons. • Enforce Palestinian children's rights to adequate legal defence and family visits.
• Provide Palestinian child detainees with the right to education.
• Force Israel to abide by international law.
• Halt the process of child arrests by Israeli forces.

www.dci-pal.org...

It is eminently plausible that the 15 year old child was an Israeli spy and that he may have been murdered by relatives for it. This is often common practise amongst a resisting community in the same way the ANC executed its traitors in the struggle against apartheid South Africa and amongst the French resistance, Yugoslav Partisan, Greek resistance against the Nazi German spies in their ranks.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Let's get some perspective here. A 15 year old boy was tortured and hanged. By his own family. For being seen talking to a border guard.

The Israelis did not torture this boy, and they did not hang him. His family did. Israeli treatment of PoWs is a completely separate issue, and their worst transgressions of human rights pale into insignificance compared to this one atrocity. How can anyone, as a supposedly caring individual, turn around to use this as another excuse to attack Israel?

Meanwhile, while we're discussing childrens' rights in the Palestinian territories, perhaps Masonwatcher would like to tell us whether he thinks this is acceptable:

[edit on 19-6-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Right on, matt!
But always remember Israel does it too

Not to mention the biggest offender, AFRICA! Or how about America, but by more subversive means? Im sure you watched countless Chuck-Norris-kicking-every-minorities-ass pro-American war movies all the time as a kid, played video games, had toy M16s and read GI Joe comics. Every country indoctrinates their kids with something.
In no means to say HAMAS is right, but what else can their kids grow up to be..?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

I think hell would freeze over before the likes of you show any concerns for the situation of Palestinian children. You forget the bodily shattered Palestinian children in the Israeli Christmas Holiday war so soon? As for what the article alludes to, the killers were family members that may be extended family, not the kid's parents or siblings.

Just as a reminder, the Palestinians are in a fight for their lives and cannot afford traitors. A traitor ought to be more fearful of their own than a threatening enemy.

Seeing that you are posting videos of patriotic Palestinian children. I think it is only fair to show their counterparts amongst the oppressing community.

Perhaps mattpryor could tell us if it is acceptable for Israel to keep thousands of Palestinian children in Israeli military prisons. Perhaps he condones the sexual predators that call themselves soldiers interfering with children in these prisons?

[edit on 033030p://pm3044 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by mattpryor

I think hell would freeze over before the likes of you show any concerns for the situation of Palestinian children. You forget the bodily shattered Palestinian children in the Israeli Christmas Holiday war so soon? As for what the article alludes to, the killers were family members that may be extended family, not the kid's parents or siblings.

[...]

Perhaps mattpryor could tell us if it is acceptable for Israel to keep thousands of Palestinian children in Israeli military prisons. Perhaps he condones the sexual predators that call themselves soldiers interfering with children in these prisons?

As you have your finger on the pulse of anything and everything ever said or done in Israel -

Is there a reliable source for your claim of thousands of children being kept in Israeli military camps?

Is there one for the claim of soldiers interfering with children?

Is there a story of an Israeli family killing their child for contact or even collaboration with an Israeli?

Is there any civilized society on earth that condones the murder of a child for any reason?

M

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Were you referring to something like this?

CAUTION Graphic Violent Images

Or this?

"Israel provides medical care to Palestinian children injured by Hamas criminals"

As Hamas fires rockets into Israel to kill Israeli children, Israel provides medical care to Palestinian children who have been injured as a result of Hamas' crimes against humanity.

Youtube

I looked and looked and could not find one instance of Palestinians giving medical aid to victims of Hamas Terrorist Bombings... Strange that...

Semper

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
As always the victims are the civilians.

To quote the Euro channel

No Comment

Footage from a video camera handed out by an Israeli human rights group appears to show Jewish settlers beating up Palestinians in the West Bank.
An elderly shepherd, his wife and a nephew said they were attacked by four masked men for allowing their animals to graze near the settlement of Susia.
The rights group, B'Tselem, said the cameras were provided to enable Palestinians to get proof of attacks.
A spokesman for the Israeli police said that an investigation was under way.
So far, no-one has been arrested.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
They are all victims of indoctrinated hatred.

When do you roll back the clock to?
When do you say this is when the injustices started?
When do you say that its enough pain I inflict to make up for the last injustice perpotatred on me?
When do you say this childs life is worth less than mine?
When do you forget the hell unleashed on you by the other?

I cant answer this, but The palestinans and Israelis must.

Israeli Jews will not up and go, EVER.
And Palestinians have to be given their freedom.
How does this happen?

My indigenous Australian friend shared with me once what has been passed down from his anscestors.

"The land does not belong to us, we belong to it"

Do they kick out all white Australia because we settled here over the last 200 years? Not much longer than the Israelis in the scheme of things. And why is land thats was yours 2000 years ago less valid than land that was yours over the last millenia?

When do we roll back the clock to? We dont, we make new history and try to live in it. We belong to the land and time, they dont belong to us.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I think the European settlers of Australia resolved the matter effectively sometime ago and nearly genocided the several million Aborginals exiting in 1900.

There are about 400,000 Aboriginals living today and more than half are in the Australian prison system or stoned out of their heads.

Unfortunately, the child thefts, the daily harassments, the routine mass killings, the imposed famines, the outback settlers, the prison camps all succeeded in psychologically breaking the Aboriginal people and their near extinction.

There are great similarities between Australia then and Israel now. Only difference is the Palestinians stick it to the zionist and they can't abide by it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join