It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Boy Accused of ‘Collaborating’ With Israel Killed by His Own Family

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
What missiles? If they do have missiles how come they haven't punched the neighbourhood bully like Hisbullah in the Lebanon. You do remember 5000 Hisbullah fighters taking on 40,000 Israelis with jets, helicopters, tanks?

If the Palestinians had a fraction of what Hisb has, they would give Israel a what for.

So the thousands of missiles sent from Gaza, the shiploads of equipment from Iran and elsewhere, all the weapons smuggled through tunnels via Egypt, are just misreporting?

Israel has it's military hardware and military ready for what reason? Preparation for an invasion from somewhere like North Korea - or because they've been in a stage of siege from surrounding Arab nations since their inception?

Do you really want the number of tanks, soldiers, weapons, from the multiple 'friendly' neighbour combined attacks?

M

[edit on 28-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's very popular in the academic world to support the oppressed Palestinians against the evil, imperialist Israelis. They are the persecuted minority of choice among the educated elite. I'm pointing this out to emphasize that my sympathies have been prejudiced in favor of the "minority" (which is such a wrong perception--the Israelis are outnumbered by far in that part of the world--they are surrounded by enemies who have sworn themselves to their extinction).

Then I learned a little more about the history of that part of the middle east.

The Palestinians are presently crowded into the Gaza Strip (much of it given up to them by the Israelis) and a small portion of the West Bank because none of their Arab neighbors want them. They could easily have been absorbed into Egypt or Jordan or Lebanon or Saudi Arabia or any of about a dozen or more Muslim countries by now, but the fact is no one will take them. One of the reasons might be because these countries believe they are too hard to deal with. Another one of the reasons might be their inability to compromise.

The Palestinians will settle for nothing less than the complete and total annihilation of the State of Israel and the annexation of all their land. On the road to that goal, they demand the repatriation of all the exiled Palestinians and their descendants, which if granted would make them the majority population of Israel.

The Israelis have been wrong in many things, not the least are the settlements built on Palestinian territory and aspects of Zionism (all of which are being criticized within Israel by Israelis), but they have time and time again tried to restore land and to broker some kind of lasting peace with the Palestinians, to no avail. Israel still continues to be fired on almost daily from Palestinian territory. The "two state solution" favored by most of the western powers won't work if the Palestinians continue to wage war on Israel, even if it's from their own state.

The OP presents yet another instance of the immovable, rigid intransigence and yes, savagery, of the Palestinian war and its fighters. I won't even get into asymmetrical warfare here, but yes, they fight that way too. That their own children can become the enemy to them is horrifying.

There is no way to make peace with people who will not accept peace of any kind, only your death.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

If the Palestinians had a fraction of what Hisb has, they would give Israel a what for.

I am sorry but I almost busted a gut laughing at this. I was taking you serious in this conversation, bigoted and a racist, but at least serious in the topic; until now...

You apparently don't know anything at all about the region. You just hate Jews...

It is clear as day now..

Semper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I am sorry but I almost busted a gut laughing at this. I was taking you serious in this conversation, bigoted and a racist, but at least serious in the topic; until now...

You apparently don't know anything at all about the region. You just hate Jews...

It is clear as day now..

Semper

On the contrary, it is you who is the bigot and racist wholly based on your denial of human rights and inherent human virtues for the Palestinians.

You even refuse the right of self defence for a tormented people constantly blooded by zionist abuse.

Furthermore, I have never commented on race or religion on this matter and strictly referred to a malignant state and a diabolic philosophy, zionism.

Israeli apologists like you are immensely eager to label anyone critical Israel as a racist and antiSemite. Your kind even call the Semitic Palestinians antiSemites. If it was not so pathetic it would be laughable.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

What missiles? If they do have missiles how come they haven't punched the neighbourhood bully like Hisbullah in the Lebanon. You do remember 5000 Hisbullah fighters taking on 40,000 Israelis with jets, helicopters, tanks?

So the thousands of missiles sent from Gaza, the shiploads of equipment from Iran and elsewhere, all the weapons smuggled through tunnels via Egypt, are just misreporting?

Israel has it's military hardware and military ready for what reason? Preparation for an invasion from somewhere like North Korea - or because they've been in a stage of siege from surrounding Arab nations since their inception?

Do you really want the number of tanks, soldiers, weapons, from the multiple 'friendly' neighbour combined attacks?

M

This is what I mean by the shifting sands of Israeli apologist arguments; one time it is smuggled missiles, another time it is home made rockets. How about this smuggling lark; you hear mock Palestinians for smuggling zoo animals through the tunnels then it is arms.

Then we hear about ship loads of weapons from Iran right under the US equipped Israeli navy and airforce. We even had the privilege of US MSN reporting of this ship from Iran making its way to Palestine. Some smuggling of weapons under the relief aid for the victims of the victims of the Israeli assault on Gaza. Shame these "weapons" did not reach them before the slaughter.

You know of course you speak with forked tongue. You got to, how else can you justify the brutality?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Some smuggling of weapons under the relief aid for the victims of the victims of the Israeli assault on Gaza. Shame these "weapons" did not reach them before the slaughter.

You know of course you speak with forked tongue. You got to, how else can you justify the brutality?

There were missiles smuggled into Gaza via tunnels during the ceasefire they refused to maintain. At all times the option existed of preventing an incursion by simply ceasing to send rockets into Israel. This was not the option taken.

Attempting to kill unarmed civil women and children with randomly snet missiles into civilan areas, sometimes successfully, I consider brutal and inhumane.

On last examination my tongue was solid not forked.

Divided is my heart. I loathe to see unnecessary violence. I do not know how one should respond to people who willingly choose to have it inflicted on themselves and their own children.

No reply to this is requested.

Mike

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

On the contrary, it is you who is the bigot and racist wholly based on your denial of human rights and inherent human virtues for the Palestinians.

You even refuse the right of self defence for a tormented people constantly blooded by zionist abuse.

Furthermore, I have never commented on race or religion on this matter and strictly referred to a malignant state and a diabolic philosophy, zionism.

Israeli apologists like you are immensely eager to label anyone critical Israel as a racist and antiSemite. Your kind even call the Semitic Palestinians antiSemites. If it was not so pathetic it would be laughable.

I'm not sure what your argument is? Palestine:

1) Harbors Terrorists
2) Funds Terrorists, because terrorists are in their Politics
3) Why does Palestine not held accountable for the lives that they killed?
4) Palestines people are tortured because they let their government do that to them.
5) Human Rights does not include: The Right to Murder, The Right to Murder and The Right to Murder
6) In response to Sempers post which you made, what did you mean by your kind?

Also Semper is not a racist or a bigot, thats your opionion of him not a fact.
I actually know Semper and he's a Great Guy, so lets stop the Pushing back and get a backbone and stand up, instead of pushing your petty argument which is not grounded in anyway shape or form. Your doing what the hugher ups want you to do. Argue and Argue, and divide. So be the bigger person and just stop, tell Semper that you respect his opionion and his beliefs, but that you humbly disagree and do it in a respectful light and site sources and be kind. Lets stop this ridiculous cycle. Palestine is just as guilty, if not more guilty, than Israel.

Mason I respect your opinion, but humbly disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

There were missiles smuggled into Gaza via tunnels during the ceasefire they refused to maintain. At all times the option existed of preventing an incursion by simply ceasing to send rockets into Israel. This was not the option taken.

Actually there was a cease fire until Israel decided not to honour it and attacked Gaza a week before it ended.

Those home made rockets were not smuggled in but were built in Gaza to fire onto the farms that belonged to them.

Attempting to kill unarmed civil women and children with randomly snet missiles into civilan areas, sometimes successfully, I consider brutal and inhumane.

Israel does it for real. It kills men, women and children civilians routinely. In fact it builds walls around refugee camps and imposes blockade of food stuffs, bottled water, building material and even tents.

You see how you distort the truth? Zionists and Israeli apologists can't help doing this.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You see how you distort the truth? Zionists and Israeli apologists can't help doing this.

I do my best to present the honest truth when I see what I consider to be malign distortions of it. I am neither a Zionist nor an Israeli apologist. I exercise free will.

From reading hundreds of your posts, which show a remarkable consistency in their target, choice of examples, lack of context, and willingness to accept any report that furthers your argument, it's difficult not to form an opinion.

I would say that in fact you distort the truth. And that you can't help doing this.

I find both destructive and self-destructive behaviour painful to observe.

Mike

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry, again, I really am...

And I'm sorry about the emotes too, but I really was taking you serious until your last statement and I began looking at all of your posts.

You really don't know anything about the region.

I now understand why your ignorant of what is really going on, you just don't know...

That's cool, not everyone can be caught up on everything happening in every region; there is no shame in ignorance. Your just probably going off what your mommy or daddy taught you.. Totally understandable.

Anyway.. Thanks for the laugh and have a good evening...

Pay attention to what the last two posters (TheMythLives and mmichael) have posted, it really will educate you and maybe prevent the kind of stuff you have been posting.. (Although it really is priceless!!! Thank You!!)

Semper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Actually there was a cease fire until Israel decided not to honour it and attacked Gaza a week before it ended.

18th June: Israel agrees to ceasefire with Hamas

The ceasefire was to start from June 19th and last for 6 months.

During that "ceasefire", 329 rockets and mortars were fired into Israel.

Following an Israeli incursion on November 4th, in which 6 terrorists were killed, Hamas renewed and intensified their rocket attacks in spite of the ceasefire agreement. In November there were 190 rocket attacks from Gaza into Southern Israel.

Hamas announced on December 18th 2008 that it would not renew the ceasefire.

GAZA CITY (AFP) — Tension surged in and around Gaza on Friday as the Islamist rulers of the besieged Palestinian enclave declared an end to the troubled truce with Israel and warned they would respond to any attack.

Source

On the same day three rockets were fired into Israel.

As you see, it was Hamas that ended the cease fire, not Israel. Here is defence minister Barak's response:

Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak told the Haaretz newspaper "if the quiet continues, there will be quiet. If the lull is shattered, we will act."

On 21st December approximately 50 rockets were launched into Israel. The targets included an elementary school and a youth cultural centre.

Israel responded to this by attacking two rocket launch sites.

Then there was a comparative lull, as Hamas withheld rocket attacks at the request of Egypt. That ended on Christmas Eve, when 50 rockets and dozens of mortars were fired into Israel, hitting homes, a factory, and a playground.

December 27th: Operation Cast Lead begins.

I don't like painting things black and white, good and evil. Societies of human beings are too complex for such simplification, and every action is a result of an earlier action, and so on and so forth. At some point however we have to draw a line, and for me that line is that Israel is a sovereign nation with a vibrant democracy and a free press, and has the right to defend its citizens against hostile attacks. And it seems to me that Israel has historically been remarkably restrained in its response to such attacks.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I'm sorry, again, I really am...

And I'm sorry about the emotes too, but I really was taking you serious until your last statement and I began looking at all of your posts.

You really don't know anything about the region.

I now understand why your ignorant of what is really going on, you just don't know...

That's cool, not everyone can be caught up on everything happening in every region; there is no shame in ignorance. Your just probably going off what your mommy or daddy taught you.. Totally understandable.

Anyway.. Thanks for the laugh and have a good evening...

Pay attention to what the last two posters (TheMythLives and mmichael) have posted, it really will educate you and maybe prevent the kind of stuff you have been posting.. (Although it really is priceless!!! Thank You!!)

Semper

Interesting comment yet totally deficient in substance. I note your compulsion to have the last word but you say nothing other than present a hollow passive aggressive retort.

I do think that it is you that is ignorant of this subject. however, you are propelled to have a position wholly based on your indoctrination and perhaps religious belief. You feel strongly about something but you know not what. Truly an invidious position and uniquely American It's a gut thing isn't it?

When you instruct me to pay attention to the two previous posters, it is because you are mute and devoid of explanation and not because its a continuation of what you have said. Your contribution from the start was a sensational story designed to demonise an already brutalised and oppressed people. You are the kind of brawler that picks sides when one party is groping on the floor and then sticks the boot in.

[edit on 053030p://am3059 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Shouldnt the mods behave like mods?

Thats a disgusting lack of respect your showing,you should be setting an example instead of

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Shouldn't we act like adults and respectful members by setting an example and not following what you do not think is right. If you didn't think it was right you should have contacted Semper through a u2u and not call out his rights, beliefs and status. That was irresponsible.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

In the midst of your obsession with home made rockets, you forget the series of Israeli assassination of Palestinians in the Hamas government culminating with 17 men and nearby bystanders executed. Reminds of shooting fish in a barrel.

So what happened since the assault on Gaza in December 2008?

You know about the on going blockade of unnecessary food items (Israel decides what is unnecessary for Palestinian mouths), bottled water, medicine, cement for rebuilding destroyed home, tarp for shelter and so on.

Here is a little light reading of the ongoing Israeli made horrors;

gazasiege.org...

[edit on 063030p://pm3017 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
yes Islam...the religion of peace how could we ever forget it.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You know about the on going blockade of unnecessary food items (Israel decides what is unnecessary for Palestinian mouths), bottled water, medicine, cement for rebuilding destroyed home, tarp for shelter and so on.

These items are getting through.

Israel is supplying people who send rockets to their civilian areas, refuse to recognize their right to exist and have declared their determination to destroy them.

Israel told Egypt they can have Gaza back.

Egypt said they don't want it.

Egypt does not want an open border with Gaza or to supply them with anything.

One can surmise a lot from that.

M

[edit on 30-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

What happened since the assault on Gaza is that the number of indiscriminate deadly rocket attacks launched into Israeli homes has gone from from 190 per day before Operation Cast Lead, to 0 per day now. The last rocket or Qassam to be fired into Israel was in May.

Hamas is a thuggish terrorist organisation that only understands force. They don't care for diplomacy, they see concessions as a sign of weakness to be exploited, and the only thing that deters them from their reckless bombing campaign is the knowledge that the consequences of their actions will outweigh the benefits.

I'm afraid that until Hamas play ball and start acting like the responsible elected government that their supporters characterize them as, and not the gang of bandits and murderers that they behave like, people in Gaza will continue to endure blockades and shortages.

As an aside, this is off-topic. The boy mentioned by the OP had nothing to do with Hamas - he was killed in Judea / Samara not Gaza. Oh, but wait a minute, aren't Fatah the "nice" terrorists?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

As an aside, this is off-topic. The boy mentioned by the OP had nothing to do with Hamas - he was killed in Judea / Samara not Gaza. Oh, but wait a minute, aren't Fatah the "nice" terrorists?

So you say the boy had nothing to do with Hamas? It is a shame your fellow zionist didn't think the same when they flatten large parts of Gaza and kill 1400 civilians. Who are terrorists now? Israel.

Strange that you fuss about one kind of Palestinian from another.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

1. Why that's just racial abuse. Palestinians are human beings and they behave in the same way as people do when under occupation and oppression. Anything less would make them like dogs.

The good thing is that they exemplify the virtue of bravery when the resist

Ok, you finally got me to respond. What is brave about lobbing unguided rockets towards civilians? Or bombing a religious gathering or people going out to eat? So the family was justified in torturing and killing their own kin? WTF, mason. I'd hate to see what's unacceptable behavior to you, maybe they should have raped him too.

2. There are no videos of Palestinians using their children as human shields, just a whole load of heavily edited youtube vids from Israeli apologists. Nothing from NGOs, UN, news agencies or human rights groups.

There is ample evidence of Hamas setting up in heavily populated civilian areas. They do it intentionally and make no effort to evacuate civillians prior to a battle. At least Israel, tries to give them warning sometimes.

3. Everywhere is near civilians in Gaza, Hamas is a popular resistance to Israeli occupation. They are not terrorists but the elected representatives of the Palestinian people.

Israel left Gaza and still Hamas attacked them. Being a terrorist and an elected official are not mutually exclusive roles, you can be both. Hamas deserves what life has dealt them, that the Palestinians elected them to power speaks volumes. Name one real peace initiative that Hamas has proposed. If the Palestinian people decide to cast their lot with Hamas, then they will pay the price for such actions. I bet if given a choice, most Gazans would rather be in the West Bank after the disaster that Hamas has brought. It's hard to imagine you could make Gaza worse, but Hamas rose to the occasion. Way to go.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join