It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does man actually just enjoy killing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Thanks for that and I wholeheartedly agree.
I'll let people like you who have a much better way of
explaining themselves take over from here.
I found out my answer, we're f*****d.

What was wrong with my answer?

You remind me of a born again christian (no offense to the preacher man posting here), you do something for a long time, find jesus, preach that your old way was wrong and everyone should follow your example and you damn those who don't follow you.

Maybe I should send you a nicely cut deer steak to remind you what it was like to kill your own food. I tell you what. You pay for one deer tag and I will kill it, dress it and pay for the shipping.

How about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

reply to post by jd140

Dudeski, you are completely missing my point.
Killing for enjoyment is one thing, killing to eat is another!
Why wont you understand me when I say that. YET AGAIN! CRIPES!

The two can and does go hand in hand genius.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Um, okay. Glad you feel you needed to share that with me.
But do you enjoy killing?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Good thing the two of you do not live in Africa.. you would be sitting in the bush trying to give the lion a guilt trip for getting ready to pounce that water buffalo.

We have to freaking eat. Are we supposed to eat the animal while it is alive?

Did you forget that we are just monkeys trying to get a nut..or a piece of jerky?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Why that is a most righteous offer, thank you.
Now why dont I trust you.
Beside moms a mean shot anyway.
Thanks for the offer though.
You almost fooled me, but I'm a genius so I caught on.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
I do not really care how they killed it

If you don't care how they kill the animals, I hope you at least care how they take care of them. Animals should not be abused or tortured before being killed. Especially if it is a prolonged abuse or torture because that affects how healthy the meat is you are eating.

An abused animal is an unhappy animal, and that unhappiness leads to sickness and disease. I'm going to assume that's not the type of meat you want to eat.

So if you don't have the morals to stand up for the humane treatment of animals for their sake, at least stand up for it for your own.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Uucking Fay! Great point.
We will get this figured out yet.
We should win a nobel prize if we do.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Yes I enjoy killing when I am out waiting for an animal to come by so I can kill it so I can feed my family. It fulfills a primal need I have to provide for and protect my family. It is part of my monkey genes.

There is nothing wrong with it. At least that wild animal I kill has a better chance then it does when its tied in a pen and someone bashes it brains out with a hammer.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
double duty

[edit on 12-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
*sighs* Some subjects just cannot be talked about in a mature fashion....... How about we all exercise some understanding? Isn't that what ATS is all about? The search for understanding across a broad range of subjects?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Its an honest offer.

I send my father in law a whole deer every deer season. He lives in the city and getting up there in age so it is a chore for him to go get his own. Its nothing for me to send you one.

So do you want some succulant deer that was killed in delight?

Come on, I know you want it. Maybe just a little of hamburger?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Of course man enjoys killing. Don't you? Haven't you ever killed something - even a cockroach - and felt good about it? I know I have.

And I'm a person who can't ordinarily bring himself to kill a mouse. But I know that in a certain state of mind, I could kill something without feeling the slightest remorse - at the time, though I would probably hate myself later. I don't know if I could enjoy killing a human being - but knowing what depths we all contain, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I could.

As Republican08 says, it's all genetic, isn't it?

That doesn't mean it's good to kill. We don't have to listen to our genes, and most of us don't. Our genes prompt us to different behaviour at different times, anyway.

I strongly disapprove of civilized people who hunt. Yes, I eat meat and am therefore a party to slaughter. But I am a carnivore because I find meat good to eat, not because I enjoy killing animals.

Yes, game is delicious, but the taste of venison isn't really the point, is it? The point is the atavistic thrill involved in hunting - you only have to listen to hunters talk, or read a hunting story by Hemingway or Faulkner, to understand that. To be honest, I think it's all a bit... twisted.

I have friends or relatives who hunt. We get on well enough - I've even eaten of their bags, with enjoyment, gratitude and some guilt - but there will always be a certain reservation. Call me a hypocrite all you want, but it's not about the eating: it's all about the killing.

One can accept the necessity of taking life. One does not have to revel in it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I agree. This is a good and important topic for discussion and a few people have tried to make this thread productive, but the cracking of jokes about killing and calling the thread a waste of time without even trying to understand the overall point unfortunately have doomed this thread already.

It won't be long before the mods either remove a lot of these posts as off-topic or just completely close down the thread.

[edit on 6/12/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Thank you for that answer.
Geez was that so hard?
My question is answered. Yes, indeed he does,
and he is not only proud of it he'd probably enjoy killing you.
Once again no wonder we're goin' in the tubes.
The self righteousness shown by humans is pathetically sick.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I think THAT is a testament to another of mankind's flaws, his inability to accept difference in opinion. Of course not all of us, but a vast chunk.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Look there are 7 billion people on this planet that have to get fed. Most of them would like a little meat daily. So as long as the meat is not diseased then we just have to accept however it has to be done to keep it going. I am not spending the rest of my life eating nothing but vegetables.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Um, you are soo missing the point of what he is saying.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Once again, thanks but we're alright.
We have deer up the whazoo here.
Not real crazy about meat anyway.
We have our chickens. And no I dont enjoy killing them.
At all. But we eat well also. Thanks again.
Unless your insisting, after all you got the gun.
(I'm kidding)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Thank you for that answer.
Geez was that so hard?
My question is answered. Yes, indeed he does,
and he is not only proud of it he'd probably enjoy killing you.
Once again no wownder we're goin' in the tubes.
The self righteousness shown by humans is pathetically sick.

I don't understand your needing to keep attacking me. To suggest that I would enjoy killing a person is very disrespectful. I have been to war and I have killed people. I did not enjoy it and although I know I will be put in that situation again, I do not look forward to it. I have yet to be self righteous nor have I attacked you on a personal level as you have done to me since the very first reply to me.

You asked a question. If you do not want an honest answer to a question then I suggest that maybe you shouldn't ask any.

I have been wondering if you are a troll and now I have come to the fact that is exactly what you are. Troll away little man, troll away.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I never claimed you have to spend the rest of your life eating vegetables. If you read my first post in this thread back on page 2, you will see that I am very much in support of killing animals for food. Humans are carnivorous, and I don't think we should suppress that.

However, that doesn't mean we need to be inhumane about it. Killing animals for food is one thing. But abusing and torturing them beforehand is way over the line and it contaminates the meat, which is the whole reason for killing the animal in the first place. So all I'm saying is, can't it be done in a humane way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join