It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does man actually just enjoy killing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by jd140

God damn right JD! Country folk know how it's done!

I just rack it up to enjoying the small things in life.

As a wiser man than I has said.

"We can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line and a country boy can survive"

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Gee thanks alot now that Michael Jackson song is in my head.

You are not alone. I am here with you.

Not your fault I am crazy though.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
To be politically correct OP, it should be "Do humans enjoy killing", got to keep up with equal rights, can't completely blame men!

We've already changed the "Men Working" sign to "Workers Ahead" signs, to appease women, might want to change your title, before the feminest come!

Yes, we do enjoy killing, a bit more sport wise then other animals but it's all genetics, but also if you saw the people in the video, not exactly lawyers and doctors here, but rednecks and the hills have eyes type creatures!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Good point! Jeez I'm gonna have to start watching it.
I forget theres not much left of our constitution.
You never know whats legal anymore....

I may have opened a can of worms like the palin letterman thread also!
Thanks for that! I'll try to be more carefull about that in the future.
Please dont tell my wife btw.....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yep, you're going on the friends list for that one.

I dig Bocephus

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

No, don't just dismiss what I said, have some backbone and defend your point. If you have one that is. You didn't strike a nerve with me, but if you open your mouth, you should at least back it up.

I challenge you.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I did. I already stated how I felt. Honestly.
I also said I had a hard time trying to explain it.
No I am not perfect. I am here to learn.
Why are you STILL here anyway.
You said its pointless, so?
It figures you would not or could not understand what I said.
Due to the fact I am civil, I will waste my valuable time
and go back and reread your post and try to form my
words into something more coherent & understandable. Fair enough?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

He doesn't have one. He figured he would get a bunch of bleeding heart replies to pat him on the back and star and flag him.

Probably didn't realize there are some of us that enjoy hunting and are educated enough to back up their reasons. He has been put up against the ropes and doesn't have a back up plan.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Killing is unfortunately necessary. I stand somewhere in the middle on this issue, and this issue has many layers.

I fully support humans killing for food. Although we consume enough fruits and vegetables to make us omnivores by definition, we are very carnivorous. Just as it would be wrong to stop a lion or a tiger from hunting live prey, it would be wrong to stop humans from doing it as well.

However, there is a line and many people have crossed it. It is my belief that food and self defense are the only reasons animals should be killed by humans. But even the food aspect is not black and white. Many farms and companies have been caught inhumanely killing animals intended to be sold to supermarkets. That is completely wrong and unnecessary. It can be done in a humane way and meet the same bottom line.

Killing for fun is also wrong and unnecessary. This includes hunting. However, as with the slaughtering for food aspect, this isn't black and white. I think as long as you intend to use the animal(s) you kill as food, there is nothing wrong with having a little fun doing it, if, again, you do it in a humane way. But going hunting just for the hell of it or killing inhumanely the animals you're hunting is going too far.

We need to have some morals. Just because they can't speak your language or build cities and houses doesn't make them inferior creatures undeserving of life. They have just as much right to be here as you do, and unless you're hungry or being attacked by them, leave them alone.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Okay Mr brigade here we go.

You say you think that getting meat from wal mart is better than killing it yourself. Well what the # is that?

I said there are other ways. You can grow your own!

Then you disrespect another members point of view on hunting, AND involve his kids in the mix, but then go on to say you used to hunt yourself..again, what the # is that?

I did not disrespect anyone. I thanked him and asked an
honest question. Not my fault if its taken the wrong way by some.
I was just wondering what is up with that glee in the eye when you take the shot is all. No you dont have to enjoy killing to eat. Thats weird.

Then you bitch at me for calling this thread pointless, and instead of trying to sell me on your point (of which I still see none) you want me to explain MYSELF. Are you trolling for replys?
I didnt bitch at all to you. You started it by calling
my thread pointless, dont ever forget that while you are here. I didnt.

I'll say this as a last comment, if you enjoy MURDERING, i.e. causing the death of a creature for no purpose or provocation, you're sick.

Thanks the lord above we agree on something....

If you enjoy KILLING i.e. the pride you feel at knowing you have the ability to provide for and protect yourself and your family, and can pass those skills on to your offspring, CONGRATULATIONS! you are a part of a select group of people that scratched and clawed their way to the top of the food chain and have sat there dominant for thousands of years. With your skills and abilities you will make sure our species sits there for thousands more.

By all means. Still is not related to why you just enjoy killing though.
Thanks for giving me more homework.....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Ok so you think the meat at Walmart died of old age..lol
At least the animal he hunted had a shot at getting away.
Some people have been in the city too long.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Thanks for that and I wholeheartedly agree.
I'll let people like you who have a much better way of
explaining themselves take over from here.
I found out my answer, we're f*****d.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Ok so you think the meat at Walmart died of old age..lol
At least the animal he hunted had a shot at getting away.
Some people have been in the city too long.

He has voided his Walmart comment apparently. Now he suggests growing your own.

I guess he doesn't realize that home grown t bones have to go to the slaughter house also.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Human beings crave violence, control, and power. We love killing as a species because we're taught that in certain situations its perfectly fine, war, self-defense, starvation, hunting... Television, video games, novels, many forms of media teach that violence is acceptable. That video reminds me of a hunting show where after shooting a helpless deer a man began to talk about how peaceful and calming it was and how great it made him feel, I nearly puked... Unless you're starving to death out there there's no reason to be shooting defenseless animals...

I think part of it is how separated we've become from animals, we actually have come to the belief that we're some top of the food chain miracle of God/Evolution (think about how many times someone's done something disgusting and a response is "What are you some kind of animal" I always respond with "Yes I am some kind of animal, actually.")...

We're so arrogant we think this sick corrupt society we've managed to keep stitched together is some marvel of modern man when we're really barely out of the jungle on this planet...

Maybe someday we'll evolve as a species both physical evolution and evolution of consciousness...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Dont know never eat it.
Was just making a point. There are other ways.
If you eat meat you probably should know where it comes from.
If it is factory farmed unethically then shop somewhere else.

link   
reply to post by jd140

I would like to spit sum beechnut in that dudes eye and...

Had to stop there before I loose points.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Dudeski, you are completely missing my point.
Killing for enjoyment is one thing, killing to eat is another!
Why wont you understand me when I say that. YET AGAIN! CRIPES!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I do not really care how they killed it, as long as it is delicious when I cut through that flesh with my steak knife and jab my fork in it, then bring it to my mouth, chew it into small pieces, and let that tasty animal flesh slide down my throat.. mmmmmmmmm.... steak.... got to go light me some charcoal. This thread is making me hungry.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Thanks for that succinct reply without personal atacks that have no bearing on the thread. Carefull what I wish for.

Killins kewl and believe it or we'll kill ya. I get it now. Neandarthals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join