It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wish To Ask You One Question... Please Participate. [Update!]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Hello Tentickles,

I've noticed a few more premature births in my neighborhood than normal. There are some babies here that try to stand and walk at 7 or 8 months.

Kids are losing their baby teeth at 4 yrs old and few are developing Canines. It's kind of odd the way their teeth grow back so fast too.

Sometimes I feel like the days of the week are mixed up. Where a Saturday is more kin to a Sunday.

so That's about it for my part.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes,

The Universe or on a smaller scale man, started out at the end of a very long string.

So picture a single pole
now imagine a string tied to that pole
off in the near infinate distance the other end of the string
On that end there is a ball, lets call that ball Earth or Man.
A very long time ago, someone or something grabbed that ball and whipped it really hard in one direction.

For thousands and thousands of years that ball has been circling the pole in the middle.

But for each rotation the string also wraps around the pole. So each time we pass we get closer to the pole, which also speeds up the rotation.

Today that string is very short and the rotation is extremely fast. As we near 2012, the string will be so short that we will inevitably collide with the pole at incredible speed.

The question is, will the ball stop cold? Will it break or expode? Or will it snap off from the string and go hurling into nothingness?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Time really seemed to speed up for me after the age of thirty-five and I know that is a widely held perception. I'm in my mid fifties now as a point of reference. It didn't just speed up once - it gets faster and faster but I have to say it has been unreal this past two or three years. I still haven't bought a day planner for 2009 ! I wonder if that means something psychologically as I have never failed to do that in December.
One thing good about getting older - less afraid to die and more likely to be centered and morally intact during disasters. Less likely to change beliefs based on fear. "Be fearless" as Nina Hagen used to say.

edited for spelling

[edit on 9-6-2009 by ChrisCrikey]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yes, at times I have.. Like another poster was saying, I can't believe it's June already!

This semester seems to have gone a lot faster than usual. . . And you know, these days i often wonder where the days go..? I haven't been enormously conscious of it all, only noticing the pace every so often... I beginning to think it's partly because I want the uni study period to be over so I can go home.

Perhaps some of us are trying to get to a certain time or place fast??

Do you think this has anything to do with it??

In saying that though, I did notice how slowww May seemed to crawl along - I had a lot going on study-wise that month, maybe that was the reason..? I expected it to be a long, drawn out month from the beginning because I had so many assignments due. Hmmm..

[edit on 9/6/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have noticed somthing odd the past year or so but never actually paid close attention to it.. For me it has been a speeding of time. Of actual minutes and hours.

The days and nights are moving so much faster. The hours and minutes seem off somehow. I dream regularly about rooms with clocks and the hands spinning and instead of feeling anxious I feel calm and happy.

It's very odd but I feel like I'm having some OCD with the time and with numbers. I may be!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Definitely things have been speeding up, days fly by and it seems the 90's were just yesterday. I often wonder why time seems to be going by so fast now.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have also noticed that the prediction/prophecy deal or at least the ones coming out in the past year or so have been listing or predicting dates that are just months or weeks ahead instead of the usual years.

Hoaxers are even getting braver picking dates only days away for their predictions. Have we all gotten that impatient? Its a good thing that 2012 is 2012 and not 2021 or later, what would we do with ourselves having to wait so long for doom?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes

Everything seems to go faster these days.

More murders

More Rapes

More insanity

More aggressive behaviors

More... like humans are getting winded up on something odd that drives them to excess and violence.

There is a theory that it is the Schumann resonance that is peaking and that is just messing with the human psyche. But as I see things unfolding around me I have to say that yes, things are speeding up.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Things have sped up, since the beginning of the year. There is an agenda

going on, America is being led toward a New World Order, our freedoms,

businesses, properties are all being taken away. Leaving Americans

indebted, discontent, and distressed.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

Yes, and you're aware of all the rampant steroids for the over-sexualization of men and women often induced artificially but often simply through the hormones in most non-organic foods and rampant methamphetamine abuse in areas where unemployment is high. The methamphetamine users disrupt the energy in entire neighborhoods and cities - where ever they go they set others on edge and put a lot of static electricity in the air.

And not entirely unrelated...Why are men bulking out and buffing out so much and eating so much animal products??? (I think it is a sign of out of control terror) They seem so artificial and unreal, especially the ones that get there with steroids. These energies disrupt and distort energy everywhere. I truly believe these energies contribute to a feeling of things being way out of kilter if not actually sped up.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
NO.

Things are not speeding up, things are staying the same speed. Things work under a set of rules that are predictable.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
Yes things have certainly been speeding up for me lately. Just yesterday I was going through my brief case and found stuff from February in there, but it didn't seem old. Like, how the hell did it suddenly turn into June?

This is the first year I have experienced this phenomenon.

I know exactly what you mean. It has been happening to me for around 6 months and getting more noticeable.

To tell the truth it's starting to freak me out.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Perhaps some of us are trying to get to a certain time or place fast??

Do you think this has anything to do with it??

[edit on 9/6/09 by pretty_vacant]

You have given me something to really think about now.

You just may be on to something.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yes,
It doesnt just seem that way, I think it really is..
I noticed a few months ago, and mentioned it a few times.

what does it mean?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I remember reading something regarding the actual speed time moves at a couple of years ago, found something here which is along the same lines. Physically, it appears our pulse in the universe is accelerating, which according to the theory proposed indicates that time is actually moving faster, which could explain a collective feeling held by many people this is happening. However as I've got older I've noticed the days seem to move much faster, maybe this is part of our evolutionary/aging process that is leading us to greater, in depth understanding of our our spiritual place in the universe.

I also believe that the rate at which information is transmitted around the world now adds to a perception of accelerated activity - its only recently media communication of all types have been so readily available on a global level. 200 years ago if an earthquake or other disaster occurred in Asia and you were living in Europe you would not hear about it for sometime afterwards, if it all. Now we are all exposed to everything that occurs everywhere, everyday.

Edit: Simple answer: yes - time is accelerating on differing levels.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by patentpending]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I feel the movement of "ALL" hastening.

I believe we are all in The Quickening and are begining to push our way through the passage to our new reality.
Things Must get to the point of a "rushing" momentum so we can make it out.
Many folks here on ATS have spoken of "hearing" a frequent hum, drone or whoosh.
I take it to be the sound of acceleration.

When small children are noticing time passing fast (and they are)
One knows ALL is moving faster.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Redhead said it best - ditto for me.

"I have said the same thing lately...time seems to be flying by. I am not sure if it is because I am now over 50 and the percentage of my life has made time seem to go faster or if it really is. It does not seem possible that it is the middle of June, it feels like a couple months ago it was Christmas.

I have also felt that the world is speeding to something, whether a good thing or a bad I can't tell but there is a feeling that something is coming...and soon".

With each and every passing year everything is speeding up. That's why I'm up now and it is 1:41 am on a workday morning. Just to grab "some time".

Hours literally seem like minutes. I never have any "drag" time, it's all going by so fast and things are changing at an ever increasing speed, discoveries, news, people, places - it is all speeding up like a whirlpool churning and yes I feel somethings in the air like the build up of ozone before a storm, that tingling feeling somethings coming.

I also have a feeling that being on the surface is dangerous and the only "survivors" will be those that have burrowed deeply within Mother Earth herself for protection.

Lately I can feel and hear a distint low steady constant "hum". Just started picking it up a few months ago.

A friend at work says her children, 11 and 15 are talking about "somethings coming" too.

Looking forward to reading your findings on this subject.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
good question, S&F!!!

YES!!! things are definatley speeding up. every single person i know is saying it. young and old.

i have never heard so many people saying it!!!

even the 2 old cleaning ladies at work said this to me just the other day. they also said that in years gone by, only old people used to say it, but now its all ages!!!

i really dony know why but ive read a little on "timewave zero" theory and it may be to do with this. lots of spiritual people on the web are saying this too.

G

[edit on 10-6-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i did find this which may be of use to you OP.

www.standards.dfes.gov.uk...

i know its possible to not get where im coming from but what if this was somehow to do with some kind of reduced friction involving our planet, our magnetosphere or time itself.

reduced friction even in our spiritual selves??

could this lead to a speeding up in our minds just like reduced friction on a car would cause it to go faster??

objects can move at uniform speed with no forces acting, eg friction-free pucks on glass, a trolley on an air track, videos of ice skating, curling

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Heres my beleife. Since I have joined the site I have always done thinking. But when we all come her on ATS it is a form of Collective consciousness that helps because it is spread globaly. I have noticed that When I leave the site, go to work, I start to philosophize new ideas. Then when I come home I notice almost EVERY time that there is a new thread about the idea I was thinking of! I believe that it really does have to do with a collective consciousness that takes place affected by media. If people can think a certain way then outcomes wont be too surprising..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join