It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wish To Ask You One Question... Please Participate. [Update!]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have spoken with many people about this through my life and yes as you get older its not so much that time speeds up but that it seems more time has by quicker. If that makes sense to you.

I mean when you were young and still at school the summer holiday(vacation) seemed to last forever, playing with friends and family...
As you get older (for me anyway) you don't tend to get 11/12 weeks holiday a year to just have fun. Work is pretty much the same day in day out for the majority so days tend to just blend together as you look back and every now and again an anniversary (of something, could be personal or world event) comes up and you 'can't' believe it was that long ago.

Technology is ,as said above, advancing exponentially towards the point of infinity.
The truly global MSM invades our lives at every turn bombarding us with information about 'whatever' they decide.
I mean Quantum physics is just weird with all it implies about our understanding of pretty much everything.

link   
I have spoken with many people about this through my life and yes as you get older its not so much that time speeds up but that it seems more time has past by quicker. If that makes sense to you.

I mean when you were young and still at school the summer holiday(vacation) seemed to last forever, playing with friends and family...
As you get older (for me anyway) you don't tend to get 11/12 weeks holiday a year to just have fun. Work is pretty much the same day in day out for the majority so days tend to just blend together as you look back and every now and again an anniversary (of something, could be personal or world event) comes up and you 'can't' believe it was that long ago.

Technology is ,as said above, advancing exponentially towards the point of infinity.
The truly global MSM invades our lives at every turn bombarding us with information about 'whatever' they decide.
I mean Quantum physics is just weird with all it implies about our understanding of pretty much everything.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by johnb]

link   
It definitely feels like it, has done for the passed few years, when I mention it to people they just say it's a symptom of getting old, I generally agree with this... if time was speeding up does that mean that all the clocks in the world have been adjusted by the PTBfairy? I'm open minded but I think it's more a sensation rather than an actuality

Regards

Berth

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If you are referring to the passage of time itself, no .. a day seems just as long (Monday-Friday) and just as short (Saturday-Sunday) as it always has felt.

If you are referring to the passage of events, well, yeah, some things are naturally speeding up. Take our economy for example. Now that it has fallen over the edge of the cliff and is in free-fall, yeah, our rate of decent seems to be accelerating as it plummets towards the bottom. There are other things which are speeding up too, such as the rape and destruction of our planet, but that is the result of too many darn humons and possibly too much technology that enables and allows them pesty parasites to do so.

Anyhow, time sure flies, huh, when you're having a good time. If you want to (seemingly) lengthen your days, spend it having a bad time.

Is your question related to humon perception of time, or the actual passage of from a clocks perception?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I think we just perceive those things that happen around us in a way that tells our brain things are speeding up. Think about all the stimulant use some of us do in a day. Cofee, Soda, Nicotine, Diet Pills, etc.

Go ask a coc aine addict if life speeds up when they are under the influence.

Also, I think our brains are overwhelmed with a constant stream of information and stimulation. This tricks it into thinking time has sped up around it. It is perception, not reality. Remember it wasnt that long ago in evolutionary terms that we were all jumping around in trees and sitting in a cave all the time. So basically, our brains have yet to fully adapt to the environment we created.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i think time is speeding up years go by so faster now its ridiculous seems like was only yesterday 2009 started seems like just yesterday obama was voted president maybe everybody experiences time differently like a fly that only lives a day maybe to them that is a extremely long time

what you think

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm not one hundred percent sure on the actual question but here's my opinion anyway.

I think that our perception of time changes drastically depending on what we are doing. It is a thing I noticed most significantly when I first joined ATS.

for example I was studying for my final exams recently and I could spend a tedious 3 hours of study where the time would drip by but then I'd take a small 15minute break from studying and come on ATS.

3 hours would pass so quickly on this site I'd wonder where it went and I'd have to shutdown my computer immediately and try to figure out how to catch up on the study time I missed.

If you are suddenly noticing time passing you by maybe you're just getting out and enjoying life more than you used to, you know what they say
"Time flies when you're having fun".

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A quote from Albert Einstein

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.
Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.
THAT'S relativity.”

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Time is really going faster than it was.

Even simple things like doing the washing up take much longer than they used to. I think like someone mentioned earlier that it's related to Phi and Fibonacci numbers.

Golden Spiral

Logarithmic Spiral

Imagine time like a shell we are now approaching the centre and each revolution around the shell is shorter.

Ian Xel Lungold mentions something similar in his videos about all the time periods becoming shorter.

Edit for extra links.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only reason one would notice time speeding up is because theyre getting older, nothing more, i hope.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Have you noticed things are speeding up?

Yup. Ever since I had consistent access to the internet and all of the industries and corporations and people had access to the information superhighway I have noticed that there is indeed an increase in the amount of information that my body incounters and attempts to work through.

I have even taken this awareness, as it were, and tried to retroactively apply it to the rhetorical samples of the past, acknowledging how they must have felt the increase of communications when it was just telephone, radio and television.

In my opinion, the difference today is the fact that the internet is interactive...and their are people like we here on ATS who have an interest in the whys and hows of information propagation and the reaction thereof...

Hope this helps...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

In response to Tentickles question, "Do you feel that things are speeding up?"

...Very much so! When I was young and questioned everything around me, even our religion while growing up, everything seemed so slow. As I grew older and went out seeking knowledge, knowledge came swiftly to me and those that walked along side of me and we all had a sense of needing to "move to the mountains cuz something is coming towards us at a very fast rate", but we didn't know what that something was. Now, as I have journeyed onward on my path, truths have opened my eyes and my brain has absorbed much more than it ever has throughout my whole life and while it absorbs, it also calculates every stimulus around me and has given me the ability to see much more through the development of all of my senses and now with every part of me awakened, I realize that I am that mountain and I have caught up with myself and passed myself and now everything around me is fluid. Time and Energy are moving through and around me in waves so huge that I have to hang on tight so that I am not lost in this most vibrant storm of knowledge, but, instead, no matter how fast the world is moving I am able to feel it all as it swiftly changes my energies from source to source and enables me to be ready for that wondrous new emergence that is descending upon us like lightening and leading us to new lives in faraway lands.

~No, that's not how I talk, but that's how I feel inside, and it's unshakeable.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
t's hard to remember how long it felt for last year to pass. And it's almost a cliche to say "Hasn't the year gone by quick". The best I can do is to observe that a week's holiday 10-15 years ago seemed to last forever, but these days a 2 week holiday goes by just like that. There's so much more to do in your spare time nowadays, and with your attention focused partially on a number of things instead of fully on one thing - I think that may be part of the answer - our perception of time has been changed by our enviroment and our awareness of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Have you ever noticed the Horizon is always at eye level?

So as you get older and begin shrinking the hor i zion (Mt. Zion) gets smaller and smaller.

But will we blend?

Random thoughts, Peace

[edit on 9-6-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Its SOP for people to feel time or things as you put it it are speeding up as they get older. As a child of 5 or 10 yrs old, a year seemed to last forever. I think our perception of time is based on our limited experience. The more time we experience, the shorter period of time we view days, weeks, and years. I view this as a psychological and not true, real event. To compare this idea with technology, one need only look at stealth technology.

Stealth profoundly changed every concept of warfare. It was so profound in its impact it changed the concept of war, and in the process drove the USSR into bankruptcy. I am sure most of you have experienced the "car accident, slow motion effect". When in a car accident we seem to see greater detail and everything seems to move in hightened slow motion. Why does this happen? The reason is biological, and would be the same if your body was about to be eaten by a lion.

The body dumps cortisol and adrenylyn (spell?) in large amounts in to the blood stream under percieved stress. The speed of the the body goes up, hence time seems to slow down. Its basic biochemistry. But its also kind of neat to see this mechanisim in action, and know why its happening.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yes things have certainly been speeding up for me lately. Just yesterday I was going through my brief case and found stuff from February in there, but it didn't seem old. Like, how the hell did it suddenly turn into June?

This is the first year I have experienced this phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes time has sped up for me. I seems that i can count weeks like i use to count days. I dont know why its like this. It makes the world a little more dreamy cas it all seems to happen so fast.
kx

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
the end of times is fast upon us, we who are ready know and feel this
in our hearts, thru faith!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes, I feel that our human creative powers are consciously manifesting reality at a rate slightly faster the our mind's 3-D construct of space / time can comprehend, but then again it has always been this way and we just didn't /couldn't share this knowledge in the constructed matrix we call reality until this very moment

Now the freaky part is did I just realize (notice) that, our human creative powers are consciously manifesting reality at a rate slightly faster the our mind's 3-D construct of space / time can comprehend as the constant state now, or was there actually a change in time / space 3 - D reality ?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
No. I have not noticed things speeding up. Now, I live on a sleepy little island of 1400 people, and I begin each day with Tai Chi and some motions with a heavy bag. I meditate quite frequently, and m'darlin' and I swim quite a bit and spend about an hour most nights just relaxing and inviting a dance from the heavens.

Don't know where you're going with this, but I'm very interested in finding out!! I guess I'm the only one. My pace is as I perceive it, and I like it serene. I choose.............. calm.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join