It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wish To Ask You One Question... Please Participate. [Update!]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes, I understand your question. No, it isn't speeding up. You're just getting hammered with inessential information and don't know how to sort it out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I agree, I think its always been there, we just are able to see it more lately. This day and age, its hard to hide anything from anyone. We are also more skeptical as a society, well most of us, there is still a very large population that don't know and don't want to know.

I think we are being prepared for something, good or bad who knows. Sit back and enjoy the ride!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
...some "things" are speeding up due to technology (ie: some venues of communication, most medical diagnosis and treatments, most all news delivery, etc)... some "things" only appear to be in an accelerated state (paranoia, pollution, population growth, propaganda) because a mindset that is focused on a particular issue causes the sense of acceleration...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

get that comment or observation more frequently these days. hurry up and get things said and done before 2012?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
reply to post by Nammu

You should read about the Timewave Zero theory (see link above). It's very similiar to what you are describing.

I'm having trouble dealing with the vibrations and the constant agitation. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something and I have no idea what it is. Something is nagging at me though...... this time trip is stressing me out to say the least.

I've been following some of the Timewave Zero threads closely. I love it when i come across another theory that fits in with my own theories. Lends some credence to what i've figured out about the world and makes me feel better about my mad theories.

I get the exact same feeling you do! Like i'm meant to be doing something, but i don't know what that is. I'm always scared i'll miss it. I hope it's made clear before it's too late. I've got a feeling it will be.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The world itself is spinning slower, but technology is speeding up. The rush to get to work to go places to make money. Day in and out. Nobody has time to think, to straighten out their heads. As you get older you become so busy that you are always looking towards the furture till its gone. If we were like children time would pass slower. Life is in a sad state indeed. Sitting online time can fly too.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yes I have, and I am reminded haste makes waste. Therefor infinite haste makes infinite waste and infinite waste = no waste.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ortholocks

What does that even mean?

Things aint really speedin up aint nothin changed yet, nothing like we've been expecting. I do think Obama is pushin some crazy ish through just as bad as G.W., I hate how hes looked at as a saviour he aint done $hit.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Everything is speeding up..the more and more I read about it, I can only think about Timewave Zero..for sure.

Ok, I figured I'd elaborate. I think a lot of it is due to our conscience being aware of 2012 and the feeling that we are quickly approaching some "dooms day." Our lifestyles are so consumed with "time" in the measurement of minutes, hours, days, weeks. There's never enough time. We're running out of time. We have to get this done on time etc. There's this constant reach for this imaginary "time" that only we control and create. It definitely seems like everything is speeding up, approaching closer and closer- some uncontrollable and undesired feeling of anxiety and urgency. In my opinion, I really think this correlates to Timewave Zero and approaching singularity. I think we are entering a time of radical social and economic change on a global scale, and we are having to look in our "selves" for answers, as opposed to finding something to blame. In times like these, we are forced to search inside ourselves for answers, and I think it's forcing more and more people to "think outside the box" and becoming more self-aware..which could lead to an elevated state of consciousness. I think it's becoming unavoidable, and people are searching the internet for options and answers, and it's leading us here, and to other similar online communities.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by physicalbeing]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just as the ice skater in a graceful spin retracts her arms slowly and begins to speed up, so we too are speeding up. You see its all closing in. The world is getting smaller. The universe is getting smaller. The fabric of time is closing in on itself. Speeding to a dramatic climax. Just kidding. Oftentimes it does feel as if there is no time for anything. I look at the clock and ask, "Where has the day gone?" It does seem to be happening more frequently. Am I just busier? Could be but I'm going to start taking notice more.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Things are not speeding up...there has always been conflict, always will. It is just that there are so many more sources for news, that knowing what is happening across the world is only a click away.

Personally though...it seems life is moving pretty slow. Not complaining - thats exactly how I want it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In response to the OP:

The only things that are speeding up are advances in technological discoveries. Some of these involve communications so naturally there will be better informed people about a great many things. In addition the time that tech enters maturity is now down to 18 months or less. This will all continue until singularity. :-D

Although I don't agree with you that some of the things you listed are speeding up. Some things are accelerating that worry me like acceptance of artwork as depicted in your avatar and tribalistic behavior.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I like to give Terrence McKenna credit for this one.

While I don't necessarily believe everything about his TimeWave Zero proposition, I do however find it odd that he points out something about what he calls "Novelty";

And that this Novelty, and it's production is speeding up, the culmination of which he speculated would be reached on 2012, when the increase in Novelty reaches an absolute and can no longer increase.

I believe in the Novelty of the universe that he proposes, I believe that it is speeding up and is apparent in the world we live in today, and is also backed up by the history of man.

Although, it is also safe to assume that like many things in life, that this Novelty goes through cycles and fluctuations, times where it speeds up, or slows down, or perhaps starts over completely (Like the annihilation of one species/Paradigm in favor for the birth of another)

It's hard for me to get across why I believe the term "Novelty" is one of the better ways to describe things, but it just seems to fit.

It's possible that the Novelty we experience could reach it's peak in 2012, but that again is only speculation, and for Terrence, the result of his TimeWave reaching Zero.

I do however postulate that it is probable that Novelty will indeed one day reach a pinnacle, and therefore have to start over, or reset.

In saying that, I have a short poem/lyric set I wrote that applies to the above ideas:

It cycles and cycles and cycles and cycles and stops
Cycles and cycles and cycles and cycles and stops
Cycles and cycles and cycles and cycles and stops
It cycles and cycles and cycles and cycles and cycles...

Anyway, yes, I see Novelty occuring at a faster rate almost everyday.

I even have evidence of this in my own life.

It seems like everyday, that I can't have a moment of peace, because there is always something happening to disrupt it, no matter what I do to try to separate myself from the dischord, somehow it reaches me.

Whether it be directly, or indirectly through interactions with my friends and their problems, It sometimes feels like I can't go a single day without hearing some sort of aggrevating BS that is really just stupid pointless bickering from one party or another....

And somehow, in reflection on the situations later, I realize almost instantly (after the frustration) that everything that happens to me, around me, to my fellow man, that it is just an increase in the ever increasing Novelty.

(phew)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I guess what you might mean somedays seem longer than other days.Some days go quicker than other days.If time was speeded up by one hundread of a second every minute for the first 12 hours of the day and slowed down by one hundread of a second for the other 12 hours of the day it may seem some days are going quicker.What would cause this time displacement experiments conducted by the us goverment at montulk point.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hello, I just found this place by searching on google for hyperchroniacs. I have been trying to understand what I'm going through, and it's a mixture of this hyperchroniac condition as well as a spiritual awakening. I'm only 21, so it has to happen to me quickly for my consciousness to get to the place it needs to be, so things are happening very quickly for me, and I'm having a hard time keeping up with my mind!

Anyway, I want to say that I loved reading through all of these replies! From my perspective, every single one is correct, because yes time is a perception, and so it is what you think it is. So yes, time is speeding up, because so many people think it is.

The word hyperchroniac was coined by Cliff High, the creator of the web bot program. If you haven't heard about it, research it and check it out on youtube, very interesting stuff! He gave this name to an entity that is appearing in his data, which is a type of human that is feeling time differently then the rest of the human race. A hyperchroniac can actually bend time to its will, and since it is a new entity, it's difficult to understand it, because it's just coming to be in order to understand itself, and its abilities.

However, at this time, I can tell you guys with certainty (for myself at least! lol!) a few things. All humans are hyperchroniacs. The term is used to differentiate between people that are aware of the HC component within them, and the people that are not. So, if I say that I am a hyperchroniac, what I am meaning by the use of that language is that I am aware of the abilities that we all have, because we are all conscious entities.

I've been searching diligently, and working very quickly to understand what I am going through, as well as to understand what this being is exactly. I know that my purpose is to try to communicate about it, to spread awareness of this condition, and to encourage people to talk about their paranormal experiences and encourage them to do what I'm doing. Because doing so helps me, as well as helps other people, and helps the universe as a whole.

It's a LOT of stuff, and it's almost way too much for me, but I can handle it, because I have to, and it's fascinating so I want to as well. I suggest if you're curious, try searching hyperchroniacs and look up the web bot if you haven't already, or if you don't know much about it. Never stop searching for answers, never stop asking questions, there is no shame to curiosity, and there is nothing but clarity and peace to be found!

Love, light, and peace to you my friends, I hope that someone can take something away from this post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join