It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is God bad ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
To me god is a supreme entity.
All that is ....is logical.The way I function, things that surond me, things that happen to me. It's simple for me, there must be something more than chance and random numbers. Satanism is the result of the other side.
If this Lucifer guy exists he is the badest guy ever to be.

Why?
Simple logic. We did not learn all this stuff for the benefit of humanity.
If a guy brings knowlege then there is a cost or a reason. "Bite the forbiten fruit and learn, it's not for your own benefit, it's so I can get even with god, It's all about me and not about you"

So there is this guy that is upset and does things to serve his agenda.Never mind the results, the intention counts first.

The story in the Bible is about someone that dares Adam and Eve to eat a fruit so he can show god that he can corupt god's creations.
It's not about benefit and never was.

If I had a little kid I would protect him by not giving him stuff. What he learns might hurt him. I would do that if it was my own child.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodline
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39089a5f28ac.png[/atsimg]

I mean it's a good debate though.

Nice graph. Now you know what will happen when you disobey or otherwise despise God... Just like your parents smacked you upside the head for being a dumbass...

Or did the child services (satan) show up to 'protect' you from becoming wise through your parents discipline?

God declared fairly early on that everything God does is considered Good. If you have a problem with that expect to burn, baby.

Just like our JackBoot government... If they say it's good for you ... It Is... Oh but wait; What makes them correct? Under whose authority do they operate?

Maybe read more Thomas Jefferson for the mortal side of knowing how to behave?

Maybe read more Bible for the moral side of knowing how to behave?

Else, all is lost. Just when you think you know all the little details, you realize that you don't.

A good base/foundation is an excellent place to start learning the details; else, again, all learning is upon sand.

Your theories and knowledge will wash away.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
But what proof of this alleged agenda of corruption is there, aside from the view that we are spoonfed with. The problem with Genesis, is that it retells older, polytheistic stories in a monotheistic format. This was common practice, most nations did this with their own preferred deity. But in doing so, we got only one side of the story, one side that makes less sense the more that you think about it.

If it was my child, I would want them to be knowledgeable, so that they had the best chance to survive and protect themselves, so that they could be the best person that they could be, and so that they could achieve and think for themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Nice graph. Now you know what will happen when you disobey or otherwise despise God... Just like your parents smacked you upside the head for being a dumbass...

Or did the child services (satan) show up to 'protect' you from becoming wise through your parents discipline?

Despite the fact that I don't believe in smacking children upside the head, you must admit that a smack upside the head is not really comparable to the body count in the Bible.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't believe that it's possible for the human mind to be able to comprehend the extraordinary being that is "God". In my belief, as far as I've learnt so far, God is everything. Everything that is, and ever could be, or that has ever existed, is God. Evil is merely the after effect of consciousness. If you don't tame yourself with certain emotions, you get "evil" reactions.

I don't belong to any religion, I feel I should add, incase I get any "flamers" criticising my beliefs. Each to their own, as I say

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Alesanjin]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alesanjin
I don't believe that it's possible for the human mind to be able to comprehend the extraordinary being that is "God".

And yet you go on to do just that. Although you do qualify it as "your belief", which I do respect.

God is everything. Everything that is, and ever could be, or that has ever existed, is God.

This is so incredibly vague to amount to nothing. So, is God a physical law that exists like gravity? Is it an actual entity, is it a physical entity? No, of course it exists somewhere that we humans will never comprehend since that means vagaries will suffice.

Look, I don't mind if you say God could be something that we don't understand. But please, just stop there and don't then try to actually explain something that you just told me two seconds ago was unexplainable.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My God is all loving and all knowing! I do not believe there is a devil or Lucifer. I believe this was made up by humans to create fear and to control people in the churches. I do not believe that God would condemn anyone to hell or punish them for anything! Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs though. That's the Great thing about this country!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32

That's the Great thing about this country!

Well, that's what's great about the whole world actually. You can believe whatever you want, although different countries will treat you differently for doing so.

I do not believe that God would condemn anyone to hell or punish them for anything! Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs though.

So, pedophiles, murderers etc get off scot free from your God??

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

God declared fairly early on that everything God does is considered Good. If you have a problem with that expect to burn, baby.

Since God created everything, he also created Satan ...

Hence, according to your own statement, Satan is also good ...

Of course there is something non-sensical going on here ...

Sounds like the dumb-ass is you ...

Back to the drawing board, my friend !

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
God, in any form, is not real.
2ndline

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

NO...actually I do not believe that pedophiles and murders get off scott free. I believe that we are the judges of our own wrong doings. When we pass away I believe that we view our life over again and judge ourselves. We determine if we satisfied the purpose and lessons that we came here for and we have to answer to ourselves the actions that we took. We came here to learn and experience for God, whether it is good or bad. Since here on Earth both exist. So we knew what we needed to accomplish before we were born. We are harder on ourselves when it comes to judgement than anyone else could be.
If these acts are done by someone that has turned their back on God by their own free will then after so many incarnations they are just absorbed back into the God energy.
Of course, like I said this is just my belief and everyone needs to choose for themselves what resenates and feels like the truth to them.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

The being we anthropomorphize(sp) as 'god' is neither good nor bad. It is alien to our experiences, perceptions, and motivations.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have thought that myself a few times. I can see how god would be less than thrilled with Lucifer trying to make his own little kingdom in heaven and throw him out. I also think its a little ego-maniacal of God to make us in his image, keep us in a very nice garden, but only be nice to us if we grovel to him often. Not exactly one I'd prefer to worship, personally. And then he tells us to stay blissfully ignorant and not dare touch the tree that would let us be wise like him. It kind of seems like teasing you're dog with a treat to me
Maybe Lucifer was just following the saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" And then God gets all angry at Lucifer for foiling his plans and spreads negative propaganda against Lucifer to keep his suddenly smarter followers, through visions to prophets telling us if we don't do what he says, we'll go underground to a very unpleasant place, and Lucifer really doesn't have any real problem with humans?

Or not
I could be wrong.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by AK49er]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

I think that the main problem arises when people try to put God into any form.

The idea I have of God is not one of a being or entity or anything in particular. My idea of God is all encompassing. My idea of the Devil, or Satan, The Morning Star, etc. is basically the oppostie - like up down, in out, hot cold, sound silence, good evil, everything nothing.

I don't believe there is a hell or heaven like is stated in so many religions. I think it all has to do with perception and the nature of the individual and the choices they make that puts them in a state of mind that dictates what they feel and where they go.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Both were made by men...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
If there is a god, there is no entity more brutal and sadistic other than it's followers.

Would you not let your children make their own mistakes? That is how people learn...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
...Some say Enki in the book is portrayed as the modern day Devil. While his half-brother, Enlil, has been portrayed as a savior.

[6-6-2009 by esteay812]

The mention of Enki and Enlil brings up good points. People see God as an all powerful being, the ruler of the universe. But for all we know, it could be a being from an advanced civilization, at the limits of what our minds and imagination can handle.

Gods and demons, of all sorts are woven through the tapestries of all cultures in some way or another. Other cultures say that we are Gods, and once we know better, we should act like them.

I personally go with the theory that humans translate Gods from beings a step up (or more) in evolution... and that these beings in some form or another have had some sort of interaction with us. Evidence of this may be all over the place (ie... the pyramids, stonehenge, etc...) and humankind is just in denial as to the possibility that something else exists more powerful than they.

It takes faith to hold to the belief that some day we will be better for our experience, aided by this great being. But it takes reason to claim reponsibility for our own lives, and an open mind to think that one day in the near future, we may be having a conversation in a nearby Starbucks... with one that we had once believed to be God.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hurican

I agree with you. It may be impossible for us to truly know what is really the big picture.

There is no way to tell what the big picture really is because the view we have of our Universe is so skewed when size and overall understanding is involved.

Maybe we are manifestation of the mind of nano-bots that were built to study really small things. Maybe we are the nano-bots. Or maybe the opposite is true, maybe we were built to be able to study the really big things, but I doubt that.

Knowing what our Universe looks like from the outside would be interesting for sure. Maybe it is a bottle of Coca-Cola or even more perplexing maybe our entire universe, when viewed from the outside, is a human body.

It could be anything, but probably nothing we have ever thought of. I wonder what would happen to our Universe if we ever found out what it is and what God is (which to me is one in the same)?

[edit on 7-6-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Originally posted by bloodline
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39089a5f28ac.png[/atsimg]

I mean it's a good debate though.

Just like our JackBoot government... If they say it's good for you ... It Is... Oh but wait; What makes them correct? Under whose authority do they operate?

Maybe read more Thomas Jefferson for the mortal side of knowing how to behave?

Maybe read more Bible for the moral side of knowing how to behave?

Else, all is lost. Just when you think you know all the little details, you realize that you don't.

A good base/foundation is an excellent place to start learning the details; else, again, all learning is upon sand.

Your theories and knowledge will wash away.

See what a graph can do?

The same Thomas Jefferson who raped and held slaves? This is the guy you want me to measure up to morally? (or was that mortally) LOLOLOL?

I have read the bible. It's good stories.

Please pray for me or whatever it is you do. Who knows maybe you dance around with snakes? Just let god know I'm waiting for him to come down and kill me.

Since that's what he's best at. He best at breaking his own commandments. I wonder if God is coveting his neighbors goods too! LOLOLOL

OH SMITEST ME GOD.

P.s. If I die, I want to be eaten by wolves. Can you get god to arrange that? Just ask him at least.

P.p.s. Snoop wants to know if he's going to hell too? [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0d547f39bc8.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-6-2009 by bloodline]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It's kind of ironic that the non believers, and scoffers, are predicted in the Bible as a sign of the end days.

So I guess you all are famous - you're mentioned in the Bible.

p.s. enjoy your celebrating now - I got a feeling you won't feel up to "celebrating" when the end does finally come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join