It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you in a previous life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus014
reply to post by plutoxgirl

I have no idea any way to remember Id love to if I could. most prob gets harder as we get older forget even more as we get more this life memories fillin our head

Hello Venus014, don't feel discourage about age, it really doesn't matter!.

I think it has to do with the intent and initial focus you are willing to put into it. And then it all flows very natural and spontaneously.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
This is an awesome thread, folks!

I can't say that I have had any memories myself, but I believe in reincarnation 101%. I just may need regression, that's all.

But anyway, I just wanted to ask everyone: Have any of you ever tried to look up any of your past lives through records somehow? I'm talking more in the past 100 years. That would be easier. Would be mindblowing to find an article or a picture from like 70 years ago, huh?

Also, I've noticed that most of these memories you folks have from past lives usually involve horrible deaths. Which makes me wonder:

Perhaps the more traumatic lives/deaths are remembered and are somehow carried over in the next life/lives - resulting in inherent fears/obsessions and karmatic offset. Perhaps I'm stating an obvious here, but forgive me - I've never had a regression. Just a strong strong belief towards reincarnation.

Am I on the right track?

Hello Imparied!

Well, in my case, I didn't want to find pictures or articles of the past lives I remembered. And I had dwelled into them when in the sessions I had some time ago. In all of them I experienced a general glimpse of who I was and what was the plot/theme of that specific life. It was like experiencing certain stages of that life or a special occurrence that was significant for my soul's journey.

In regressions you discover the lives that have more influence in your current one (and they don't necessary had to be the most traumatic or bad ones). It's just like the subconscious bring some of them to your focus ("this is what happened,-now how do you relate it to your actual life?")- and there are plenty others that are not remembered.

You are right about lot of phobias (etc) being linked to past lives.

Luckily I don't have any
, just a problem with masses (more than 300 people) on small spaces- but that's because I almost got suffocated/splashed in this life- when in a political manifestation.
LOL.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have several experiences that I feel could be past life memories. The first one had me lying at the bottom of a ravine. Like I was at the base of the grand canyon , though the canyon walls around me were much taller than those of the grand canyon. I had the distinct feeling that I was lying there after falling a very long and very hard distance. There was a woman sitting on me, literally, and I had the feeling she had just healed me in some way. I said to her "what have you done to me?" and she said "the question you have to ask yourself is what have YOU done to you?"
the next one was of dying. It was either Egypt or Central America because I saw pyramids. I thought I was riding around in an ancient hot air balloon because I was rising up from the ground and going into the sky. I related it once to a tarot card reader and she said, no honey, that was you dying. it was pretty weird. the most powerful one had me leading an assault just before sunrise , somewhere , sometime against a group of warriors that were obviously my enemies. i remember leading my men and being victorious. it was unlike a film or a video game, much more real and much more graphic.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
That's because animals are special entities...

In what way special?

...gaurdians,

Guardians of what?

...and such as that.

Such as what?

They are higher than us evolved...

What does this mean? Evolution is not hierarchical; there are no 'highly' evolved and 'less highly evolved' beings, there are simply organisms adapted to environments.

and are here to teach us the importance of animal/human symbiosis.

Isn't it a bit egotistical (not to mention utterly irrational given what we know about nature) to imagine that animals only exist for our benefit?

These souls will likely have lived all of their human lifetimes and have reached enlightenment.

Show us some evidence for this.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I wanted to link this thread to here. I find that fascinating enough to bring to this forum. ATS

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

That's because animals are special entities...

In what way special?

...gaurdians,

Guardians of what?

...and such as that.

Such as what?

They are higher than us evolved...

What does this mean? Evolution is not hierarchical; there are no 'highly' evolved and 'less highly evolved' beings, there are simply organisms adapted to environments.

and are here to teach us the importance of animal/human symbiosis.

Isn't it a bit egotistical (not to mention utterly irrational given what we know about nature) to imagine that animals only exist for our benefit?

These souls will likely have lived all of their human lifetimes and have reached enlightenment.

Show us some evidence for this.

No I mean they are here to teach us the benefits of attunement with nature etc, they're here for the development of the human race to enlightment. Many of them are gaurdians in that they protect us...dogs, even cats and birds have been known to attack/warn/ help people in many instances. They help people with handicaps, they work on farms(Horses, dogs, and large bull in the past and even today), they sacrifice their beings to us everyday for sustenance, they are the glue of nature and souls above ours. I have no evidence of this it's Just my opinion, but who here even has any evidence of any kind of reincarnation??? I mean beyond a reasonable doubt? Nobody, we only have our perceptions. But, what I can tell you is when I look into my dog's and cat's eyes I see a wisdom beyond my understanding. That's all.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
All right, I take your meaning. But some of your premises are false.

No I mean [that animals] are here to teach us the benefits of attunement with nature etc, they're here for the development of the human race to enlightment.

As far as we can tell by studying nature, animals exist for the same reason people do: because they help protect and replicate the genes they carry. Things like altruism and symbiosis are easily explained that way.

Many of them are gaurdians in that they protect us...dogs, even cats and birds have been known to attack/warn/ help people in many instances.

Dogs did not evolve naturally. They were bred from wolves by human beings. Naturally, we have bred them to be useful to us; that was the whole point.

As for cats, birds and other creatures that warn of intruders, they are merely responding to invasions of their own territory.

They help people with handicaps,

Dogs. See above.

they work on farms,

Farm animals, too, are largely artificial creatures, the results of at least two hundred years of careful genetic engineering (they used to call it stock breeding). The same is too of agricultural plants, by the way - all the food you eat, pretty much, is genetically engineered.

they sacrifice their beings to us everyday for sustenance

The do not. They are killed by us, against their will, for food, clothing, scientific research, etc. No animal willingly allows itself to be slaughtered. We feed and fatten them in captivity, then we slaughter them. They don't like it. But they don't have a choice. Eat meat by all means - I do - but don't blind yourself to the truth.

they are the glue of nature and souls above ours. I have no evidence of this it's Just my opinion, but who here even has any evidence of any kind of reincarnation???

I don't believe in afterlives and reincarnation. But opinions don't count, do they? Only informed opinion counts. If I can't prove something is so or isn't so, then why should you believe me when I tell you that it is or it isn't? The same goes for you.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

star for you asty . . .

people have a lot of convincing/compelling stories of their "previous lives", but i'm sorry, i doubt most of them.

Are you all truly recalling memories? or are they merely dreams? or waking dreams perhaps?

i've had dreams in which i am someone else, in another time and place . . . but does that mean i was that person??? or am i dreaming of the person i wish i could be . . .

i don't claim to know . . . but i believe that everyone needs to accept that the truth might not be as fantastic as we wish it were and allow for a little introspection. Whether they are memories or dreams, the answer is within you; if you don't question yourself, your not giving the truth a chance.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
My aunt is a psychic medium. She told me that I was a Native American hunter in a past life. This I found odd, because I've always had a deep respect for animals and the environment. I'm absolutely certain she is legit, having had many, many experiences where she had been correct. She has even helped me find lost items. Whether or not I really was Native American in a past life...who knows. But it makes me wonder if our souls are bound to this milk dud of a planet or if we actually travel throughout the universe. The only account that comes to mind is Boriska. Anyone else?

[edit on 10-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Well if dreams and nightmares are anything to go by... I think i fell to my death in my past life, as a child i was constantly haunted by nightmares of slipping and falling.

Still today makes my blood run cold when i think about it....

Finally overcame my irrational fear of heights by doing a bunjee jump though.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I used to have those dreams all the time. Usually falling from the sky. That and down my basement stairs. And at the end, I never hit the ground, but I would see a spinning newspaper similar to the old movies. I could never read what it said though, I would wake up.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
All right, I take your meaning. But some of your premises are false.

No I mean [that animals] are here to teach us the benefits of attunement with nature etc, they're here for the development of the human race to enlightment.

As far as we can tell by studying nature, animals exist for the same reason people do: because they help protect and replicate the genes they carry. Things like altruism and symbiosis are easily explained that way.

Many of them are gaurdians in that they protect us...dogs, even cats and birds have been known to attack/warn/ help people in many instances.

Dogs did not evolve naturally. They were bred from wolves by human beings. Naturally, we have bred them to be useful to us; that was the whole point.

As for cats, birds and other creatures that warn of intruders, they are merely responding to invasions of their own territory.

They help people with handicaps,

Dogs. See above.

they work on farms,

Farm animals, too, are largely artificial creatures, the results of at least two hundred years of careful genetic engineering (they used to call it stock breeding). The same is too of agricultural plants, by the way - all the food you eat, pretty much, is genetically engineered.

they sacrifice their beings to us everyday for sustenance

The do not. They are killed by us, against their will, for food, clothing, scientific research, etc. No animal willingly allows itself to be slaughtered. We feed and fatten them in captivity, then we slaughter them. They don't like it. But they don't have a choice. Eat meat by all means - I do - but don't blind yourself to the truth.

they are the glue of nature and souls above ours. I have no evidence of this it's Just my opinion, but who here even has any evidence of any kind of reincarnation???

I don't believe in afterlives and reincarnation. But opinions don't count, do they? Only informed opinion counts. If I can't prove something is so or isn't so, then why should you believe me when I tell you that it is or it isn't? The same goes for you.

So then they don't have souls, nor then any choice of how they will incarnate? OK...then disregard this totally...whatever It's my opinion that's all.ANd if you don't beleive in reincarnation at all...disregard this thread, but I had seen you post about your previous lives, so I assumed you did...BTW none of the posts here can be proven or disproven, Everything here is just the own persons perception. Here's a thread you might want to read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=1981039#pid1981039
edit for Added link.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have not been able the assimilate reincarnation as a truth. In my genes lie memory of my ancestors, through my biological self their multy characteristics appear and I have been spending my life purging their fears and indoctrinated beliefs. freeing my descendants.

But if I did identify a figure of the past to my purpose here on earth it would be General Lee, I have always had a sense of grave responsibility.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
I have not been able the assimilate reincarnation as a truth. In my genes lie memory of my ancestors, through my biological self their multy characteristics appear and I have been spending my life purging their fears and indoctrinated beliefs. freeing my descendants.

But if I did identify a figure of the past to my purpose here on earth it would be General Lee, I have always had a sense of grave responsibility.

Well I don't beleive in UFO's OR aliens either(at least not in the sense that they're coming here). So I don't read or contribute to the threads for aliens/ufo's.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have a feeling that I lived twice before but nothing confirmed as of yet. From various sources all mesh and click well with what I think and have felt could be possible for both past lives. Because of what I think my past lives could have been I will never divulge particulars. What I do know is that this time is my last time around. I do not know why but I feel I had an important job or task to complete in my supposed previous 2 which I failed miserably. This life will be my 3rd and last time to finish what was started. I hope and want to succeed this time around which is why I try to remain skeptical as I do not have any more time for dilusional fantasies faking my mind out into a false sense of past, present, or future. Again, this is a casual call for aide or help with confirming my past lives. If, I can confirm or remember more then I hope it will help with decisions yet to come.

Even before I heard of reincarnation, sometime in 2nd or 3rd grade, I always felt this was my last chance for something. One thing I do know is that my wife was in fact my guardian for my past lives (whatever they were, again I will not divulge those details, I'd like to stay out of the psych ward) and she chose to live with me this go around and help as much as possible to make the right decisions this 3rd and last time.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
when i was younger i would get dejavu that made me dizzy and it would feel like a past life memory, sometimes still get it when looking at various other cultures and architecture.
i beleive its not something "magical" or "mystical" but memories in genes.
if we all mysticaly "reincarnate" then we were all the same single cell once upon a time, which would also mean that i was you, you were sadam and he was david schwimmer.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
when i was younger i would get dejavu that made me dizzy and it would feel like a past life memory, sometimes still get it when looking at various other cultures and architecture.
i beleive its not something "magical" or "mystical" but memories in genes.
if we all mysticaly "reincarnate" then we were all the same single cell once upon a time, which would also mean that i was you, you were sadam and he was david schwimmer.

Very good... we call this the collective unconcious. I beleive it is very accurate to say all those things you stated and more. We know of the singularity principle: In this all energy, everything came from one source. We ARE that energy as well as all in our entire universe, our stars, our planets everything has one source right down to atoms and subatomic particles. We all share that same energy source, so this is scientifically correct.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

Well I don't beleive in UFO's OR aliens either(at least not in the sense that they're coming here). So I don't read or contribute to the threads for aliens/ufo's.

I am sorry but I don't understand this reply

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

My mistake meant to post to the one above ya... my bad. sorry.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by Astyanax

star for you asty . . .

people have a lot of convincing/compelling stories of their "previous lives", but i'm sorry, i doubt most of them.

Are you all truly recalling memories? or are they merely dreams? or waking dreams perhaps?

i've had dreams in which i am someone else, in another time and place . . . but does that mean i was that person??? or am i dreaming of the person i wish i could be . . .

i don't claim to know . . . but i believe that everyone needs to accept that the truth might not be as fantastic as we wish it were and allow for a little introspection. Whether they are memories or dreams, the answer is within you; if you don't question yourself, your not giving the truth a chance.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by JPhish]

Was meant to reply to this one, don't know how that happened ...lol

Well I don't beleive in UFO's OR aliens either(at least not in the sense that they're coming here). So I don't read or contribute to the threads for aliens/ufo's. And I should add, that the truth may be that fantastic and more. There are threads to post this...according to the OP this is meant for those who DO beleive in reincarnation. Period. I have a link for you to post your responses on the belief or disbelief of reincarnation, but I'll post it again:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes
So that we can stay on topic for this thread. Thanks piece out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join