It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you in a previous life?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Cool

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
According to the OP this is meant for those who DO beleive in reincarnation. Period. I have a link for you to post your responses on the belief or disbelief of reincarnation, but I'll post it again: So that we can stay on topic for this thread. Thanks piece out.

I think you'll just have to forget about that. I'm not calling anyone here a liar, nor am I casting doubt on the personal reality of their experiences. I have suggested some alternative ways of looking at those experiences but I haven't at any time expressed derision about them or been in any way discourteous. I did not, for example, doubt your own account of your previous lives. But you wandered off topic with some rather thoughtless comments about animals and I took issue with you on some of those. I think I'm allowed to do that. I'm keen on animals - real ones, not idealized nursery fantasies of animals.

Consider me as an interested bystander attending this conversation. In front of me are all these people telling amazing stories about the people (and in two instances, animals) they were in their previous lives. Naturally, I'm fascinated - all agog. I'm not asking for proof of reincarnation. I'd love to see some, but I'm not asking. Haven't yet, anyway. I'm just listening, and throwing in a comment here and there.

Now, what's your problem?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I really don't know where i was before here. I really WANT to know, but I guess I'm not allowed to yet.

I am drawn very strongly to England/UK, the deep South U.S., and mountain regions in Europe (like Switzerland). I just feel I've lived in those places before. Whenever I ask myself "how many lives have I had on this planet?" I always see the number 106.

Also, I've got a daughter who's 2, and feel like I've been waiting for her to show up for years, and I'm so glad she's finally here! I'm sure we knew each other before this lifetime.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

people have a lot of convincing/compelling stories of their "previous lives", but i'm sorry, i doubt most of them.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by JPhish]

It's ok that you doubt. No one is asking you to believe.

We are sharing here what we experienced through regressions and other means. Introspection is part of it.
I've been the first one to inquire and doubt myself. And I've reached the same conclusion. This is why I'm writing here.

So, this thread is for people who want to talk about their memories of previous lives. Being the basic premise to participate in this thread- a rooted belief in reincarnation.
(And in my case, I accepted the theory of reincarnation as a truth after a tough research/study and experiences with different people).

It's fine that you don't know if you are dreaming or having past life memory (talking about introspection and reflecting/contemplating about ourselves) but I think you and Astynax should start another thread to debate about people's belief in reincarnation and whether you think their "stories" are true or not. That's respectable. But doing it here, is hijacking my thread and turning it into a never ending debate.

[edit on 10/6/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

You had asked why nobody really remembered being an animal, I was making a reply, and it certainly seemed defamatory to me.But, since you said you didn't mean to;then I apoligize...I guess I took it the wrong way.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't recognize anything from my past life.

I am a product of my parents energy and matter combined. That's what created me. Just like they are a part of their parents matter and energy combined to create them.

It is impossible for us to know of a past life. Because who's life where you a part of!! Your mom or dad or their mom or dad?

Do you get it??

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah, that's a lot like what I tried to describe in my earlier post. I never see 'myself' in those dreams (or any dreams, for that matter). Sometimes the girl has the face of someone I know that I've been attracted to in the past, and sometimes it's a face I don't recognize, or sometimes I can't even see her face. Her personality is always the same, though; imagine someone who is getting plastic surgery before every visit with you, but is still the same inside, it's like that. I've had girls I liked at various points in my life, but never anything like whoever I'm dreaming about. It's actually really cool, until you wake up and go 'aww, crap, I'm alone :p'

I was thinking about this since my last post, and wondering how to reconcile the possibility of past lives with my religion. (cue groans) I'm a Mormon, and our religion states that reincarnation is false. However, it does state that we lived with God before coming to this life, so in a sense we did have a past life. (exactly one really long past life, according to Mormonism)

Since I can't see anything in those dreams that would pinpoint a time period, I'm going to go with this explanation for mine; that, or else an overactive imagination on my part!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I am thinking of getting a past life regression. I wanted to know from people who have got them, how clear are these memories and what exactly happens during these regressions. Please understand I would be very dubious if it is just imagery you are getting, and not clear memories.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yeah, I suppose that's why I'm skeptical of my own :p They don't feel like memories, they are more images, as you make the distinction. I hadn't really thought of it that way before, but I think that's at the root of my skepticism. I hadn't even considered that they might be part of some previous life until I read this thread, but I thought I'd throw them out there and see what people thought, since it sounded similar to a lot of other people.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I never said that I didn’t believe in reincarnation . . .

reply to post by plutoxgirl

I’m not trying to hijack your thread. It just seems to me that we should all be a bit more critical of each other, because if we’re not, threads like these turn into sandboxes for sensationalist story tellers.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I wanted to link this thread to here. I find that fascinating enough to bring to this forum. ATS

OH! I've just seen this.

Interesting.

thank you Seagrass

[edit on 15/6/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
1345, I was a Holy Roman Empire knight and in battle. It was quite detailed, riding horseback inspecting the troops and then witnessed the archers firing a volley towards the target. Not sure who, but it was in Europe.

A traumatic memory followed, a few years later, and I am standing over my corpse. Killed in battle, different location. Not in open field, but in city type location.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join