It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you in a previous life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm very curious about the memories of your past lives.

So, for the ones who believe in reincarnation, and had experienced regressions (either guided by meditation or other means) as well as "spontaneous regressions"- (when you have flashes/images of your past lives while in the "awake state").
Also by dreams.

I'd like to hear stories about your previous lives.

In my case, I've had access to my past lives through guided meditation. But I've also experienced spontaneous regressions. Astrology and numerology helped me a great deal on it too.

How about you?-

If it was spontaneous, what triggered that memory?- maybe a certain place or activity?-

How about those that accessed these information through meditation?- how much detailed info could you get?

What significance/effect does it have in your current life?-

Which do you think are your karmic patterns, karmic debts?
How about acquired skills/gifts?

etc.

Were you a man/woman?- sam/different race from your current one?
How do you feel about this?-

What period of time? -Where did you live?- etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't know anything about any of my past lives. However, I'm am drawn to pictures and items from the time period of the mid 1800's to the very early 1900's. When ever I look at pictures of how things use to be back then, like the clothes, means of travel and landscape, I get a very calming feeling come over me. Sometimes, I have feelings of wanting to live in that time frame.
When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a boy. I couldn't understand why I was a girl! I wanted to have a boys name, dress like a boy and only play with little boy toys. My mom just went with it and eventually I grew out of those feelings. I really feel that my previous life was as a male and it took some adjusting to my new life as a female. I do feel however that I am a female entity for the majority of my lives. I would love to one day have a regression to find out who I was in some of my previous lives!
Very good thread! I believe it will be interesting to find out about the lifetimes of others as well!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Past life memories? Perhaps. They came in dreams mostly. The first when I was about seven years old and dreamed I was participating in a Sun Dance. This wasn't something I was aware of at the time, even remotely. I hadn't even seen A Man Called Horse yet

To describe it briefly, it's a Native American ritual where men have their chest pierced with wooden skewers which are tethered to a buffalo skin while dancing and fasting. Although these particulars are not common to every tribe, these are what I dreamed. The practice was "outlawed" in 1883. 90 years before I was born.

There have been others, again perhaps past life experiences, perhaps not. Mainly dealing with Native American culture and portraying at times rather heart wrenching and tragic events.

I also once received a message having something to do with "six generations".

Generally I find it more valuable to understand where I am or where I might be going than where I've been. But it seemed right to share this, so thank you for the opportunity.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
I don't know anything about any of my past lives. However, I'm am drawn to pictures and items from the time period of the mid 1800's to the very early 1900's. When ever I look at pictures of how things use to be back then, like the clothes, means of travel and landscape, I get a very calming feeling come over me. Sometimes, I have feelings of wanting to live in that time frame.

If I were posed with such a question as to who I thought I was in a past life, I would be inclined to say the same. For some reason, at times in the past, I have had 'flashbacks' of living as a woman, in a small wooden home in the middle of a barren field. Sometimes, I would walk outside and approach the water pump, and begin pumping water from the well into a bucket.

These are the only images I've ever experienced from what I believe may have been a past life.

Interesting to think about

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Kevinquisitor]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Hey! thanks for sharing, and that makes sense. Yeah, you should try to have a regression sometime, I bet it would be VERY interesting.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Past life memories? Perhaps. They came in dreams mostly. The first when I was about seven years old and dreamed I was participating in a Sun Dance. This wasn't something I was aware of at the time, even remotely. I hadn't even seen A Man Called Horse yet

To describe it briefly, it's a Native American ritual where men have their chest pierced with wooden skewers which are tethered to a buffalo skin while dancing and fasting. Although these particulars are not common to every tribe, these are what I dreamed. The practice was "outlawed" in 1883. 90 years before I was born.

There have been others, again perhaps past life experiences, perhaps not. Mainly dealing with Native American culture and portraying at times rather heart wrenching and tragic events.

I also once received a message having something to do with "six generations".

Generally I find it more valuable to understand where I am or where I might be going than where I've been. But it seemed right to share this, so thank you for the opportunity.

Hello my friend

Well, what you described is fascinating!- and what you said about to find more value in understanding where you are or where you are going, I agree!

Actually, I think the focus, should be on the "NOW"- the current life. It's only this exact moment- what we really have.
We are not the sum of our past, and we are not yet our future.

But yeah, it's interesting diving into our other past lives memos. I believe there's always something valuable to learn .

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The one I still have fresh in my mind came to me in dreams from the age of about 7 till about the time I turned twelve, then I stopped having the dreams altogether. Here's how it goes: I was spanish always wore a long spanish style coutier dress, I was alone in a castle that was dark and has this long hallway that has paintings on the wall and a couple of those armor men statues standing along the wall with swords and shields. There is glass that I can see a reflection of myself, but its not a mirror. I go outside and see I am standing by a cliff overhang and look down at the ocean and to rocks below. I can see this cos I think there is a lighthouse nearby the castle. I always got such a feeling of sadeness during these dreams and felt a strong sense of loss. I know I am in Spain, because its just knowledge I have in the dream, and its deserted and I know all my loved ones are gone. I think dead, but I don't know how or why I know this.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I am a past life therapist, and have done over 50 past life regressions.
As with anyone, we all have the capacity to have held a past life or fame or complete Anonymity. I have had both.

My most recent past life, involved a life as a female in California in the 60's where I attended Stanford University and died shortly after graduating college. It is most apparant in my interest and love of 1960's and 1970's vintage collectibles, fondness of the music, and the essence of that era.

Prior to that, I was a child in early america, at the turn of the century. I was born in Savannah Georgia to a prominant doctor, I was an only child. Unfortunately I died of a childhood disease. However, I do remember fondly the St. Louis Worlds Fair. My passion for the Victorian Era is ever present in my life. I am an avid Antique Collector and have Victorian period furniture in every room in my house. I also have a passion for Victorian, Queen Anne style homes, and plan on own one someday.

Previous to that life, I lived in Victorian England where I was married to a Businessman, and had a very abusive life with a cruel man. We were wealthy but I was very unhappy. I committed suicide in the 1890's.

My most famous past life, and I know this is going to be met with all kinds of scrutiny, but I dont care- I was Queen Elizabeth. My connections with Elizabeth have always been there, I just never noticed until I had another psychic point it out that I was Queen Elizabeth. And after that revelation, the memories, the evidence was all right there. I am passionate about London (traveled there twice) and England is my true home, as I always have. When visiting the Tower of London, I had this enormous feeling that I had been there before. As well as my fascination and utter connection to Westminster Abbey. The last time I visited London I had no knowledge of my past life as Queen Elizabeth. And I hope that when I return, with my knowledge, that things will be ampliphied for me.

There, I was extremely close with John Dee who happens to be my current husband in this life.

I never brag, and if anything feel the humblest humility regarding that tragic life that I held as Queen Elizabeth. I wasn't happy, I was always stressed out, and I was- truthfully very frigid. I had to be. Rereading journals that I wrote, back then- so similiarily reflect my writing style and emotions that I still hold inside of me.

My hopes with sharing this experience, is that the non believers can step outside of their box claiming that "everybody" claims that they were someone important. Because that simply isnt so. Even still- if reincarnation exists, somebody was Queen Elizabeth- and truthfully Ive never encountered anyone who claimed to be her with any validity. I am still not 100% convinced that souls don't share lives, separate, etc.. This can attest for why several people believe that they were a particular person in time.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

regression sounds interesting; not going to find anyone in this country, though

Nice to meet you, by the way, PlutoX; don't think I've seen you out and about before.

I have no clue as to past life, however, I suspect there's an emerging australopithicus somewhere back there. Although the film Quest for Fire really focuses on the Neandertal, I'm always drawn to that imagery.

Something possibly related -- Last year in November, after Hurricane Paloma kicked our butts, I tripped over a piece of metal buried in the sand. I pryed on it with a bar and pulled it up and held it in my hands. It is a rectangle of extremely rusted iron with a strange hinge and a fragment of angular metal attached to the hinge. I knew at that moment (or thought I did) that it was to a ship's stove on a schooner. I could see it, and my mind was filled for a flash-and-a-half with some very vibrant images of a room with swinging utinsels and pans and steam and flickering light.....

So, I thought to myself, it's either (a) an errant retrovisit to the '70s (b) something I picked up from the object itself (although that's not a known talent of mine) or (c) perhaps a reminder of a past life -- or (d) too much sun

I had occasion in a semi-recent thread of mine to ponder the possibilities of pet reincarnation.

This has always fascinated me.

good thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Wow! that's very interesting, and very brave of you to share your information.

My most famous past life, and I know this is going to be met with all kinds of scrutiny, but I dont care- I was Queen Elizabeth
.... my family name is closely related to Anne Boleyn.

If you ever decide to taking a working vacation to the Caribbean, shoot me a U2U.

I have a question, if you don't mind...... have you ever uncovered otherworldly entities in the process of regressing someone?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you

Oh yes! Infact that is very common! A close friend of mine, the majority of her lives were on other planets. This is her first time as a Human Being and boy is it evident! She has never felt comfortable with her body, never felt she fit in, was always making scenes in public. I regressed her 10 years ago and we uncovered her ET past. Since then, she has had contact by some ETs and have had positive experiences. She feels better knowing why it is she feels so different.

I believe that there is a huge shift coming to our planet, with more and more species incarnating as human beings!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm not much for past lives, I suppose I am more of purveyor of RNA resident racial memory, but I digress.

I once had my palm read and was astounded at the level of "personalized information" that was shared with me.

I was told that I had always died on the battle field, but most recently I was an apostle of Christ. I thought that ironic. Perhaps I was Doubting Thomas? :-)

I recall a comedian wondering why everyone who claimed a past life was always someone famous. No one was ever the guy who dug the graves or slopped the pigs...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
"Regardless of where your going or where you've been, you will always be right where your at."

That said I was once beat to death with a skillet by a mother-in-law who didn't think I was good enough for her daughter. I've also been shot, hanged and drawn and quartered. Several times. It's the drownings I dislike most, having that foot stuck in the back of your neck.

I'm hoping this time to die peacefully in my sleep, but that's not looking good either.

On a more serious note, it doesn't matter who I once was or may have been. What matters is what I'm doing with the life I have now.

In every given moment you can bestow grace or sorrow.

The choice is yours.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In my last past life I was a native american working with the military to train wolf/dog mixes. This was in the late 1800's.

A pack of dogs got lose and while trying to recapture them the alpha turned on me and ripped my throat out. I trained them to well.

I got this memory thru meditation and "asking the universe" if reincarnation was a real and valid experience. I relived the last tw3o hours of my last lifetime that night when I went to bed.

It did explain a lot to me, as to why I am terrified of lose dogs.

In the experience, I saw a couple of people I knew in this lifetime, so I am lead to believe that we travel in "soul groups" so to speak and switch rolls throughout our lifetimes.

Just my own thoughts on the matter though.
Reincarnation is a real and valid experience to many.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

That is so awesome! I did the same, it seems "Asking the Universe" for your truth is the way to go (hint hint for others out there wanting to find out the truth).

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Most recently a Tibetan Monk shot in 1959... the name eludes me but it doesn't really matter anyway as the knowledge from that life came through into this one.

Other times:
@ 1800's, a Native American hunted down and killed by white men on horseback, just after the last great Summer Camp.
@ 600AD, a Druid in service to my King.
@ 500BC, a Pict warrior in the far north west of Scotland.
@1000BC, a well-to-do Egyptian... fat and lazy, lol.
@1000BC, a trader who became a slave to a Mayan ruler.
@1500BC, a Messenger/Runner in the mountains of Sth America.

Haven't bothered to look further as we have rounds of incarnations in each Age and Culture. Also I've had no need as yet to re-experience feminine lives.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What a great sharing opportunity for those who have some memory.

For me, my last life before this one, I died as a soldier in a war, it may have been WWI or WWII, the details are all fragmented. I was fairly young when I died, just a kid really. What I remember of that life are fragmented packets of expeirence that carried over into this life, including a lot of afterlife memory as I toured around the afterlife prior to coming back.

Points of interest:

1.) Either my father or my uncle owned a barber show that had one of those red/white/blue barber poles that was street mounted, there was a table and chairs outside the shop where we would gather, talk and play cards on a nice day.

2.) I remember driving on a train looking at my reflection in the window thinking very depressing thoughts about going to war, and the reflection made me feel like I was staring in the eyes of a ghost. I had a photo album with black and white photos with their corners tucked into the album.

3.) On the battle field, I was in a trench with a wood stalk bolt action rifle, and was looking down the site of it when something hit me. I entered instant shock and my body started to rapidly shut down. There was a sound like water dripping and it just got louder and more thunderous as I slipped into death. It was like being turned off, to only be turned on in the afterlife. It wasn't water by the way, it was blood form my head pooling near my ear.

The death was traumatic and as I stood looking over the battle field a being of light came down, and emitted a ray of energy like a tractor beam and simply dragged me upwards through all these layers.

4.) We did have a tour, and one stopping ground that haunts me to this day is best described as a lake of souls. I was standing in what I thought was a lake and noticed as I pulled what I thought was water upwards in my hand, these small dime sized grey circles that apparently were souls like me waiting to incarnate. It was then that I realized that this being was going to send me back to this life, and I argued with it that I didn't want to go back.

Looks like I lost that argument

Anyways, I have other fragmented memories of other life from being African American, Japanese, Female, and even Alien which of all the lifetimes was one such conscious memory that didn't make any sense what so ever... the data was way beyond my comprehension and just seemed like noise when I reviewed it.

Most fascinating that we do indeed reincarnate.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think I may have been Jesus.

Just kidding, (I think) as I have no recollection of any past lives, though I've been told that I'm an "old soul". I did once have a type of dark night of the soul experience where I came to believe briefly that I was some type of anti-Christ, so who knows. I would like to think of myself as a type of disciple Peter, but I have no idea. Will have to try the past life regression hypnosis sometime..

In this life, I've come to believe that I am the "overcomer" depicted in the book of revelations, as well as the bride of Christ, and that my work here has been to process evil and defeat the evil one, I know I know sounds whacked, but that's been my experience, and well, I seem to have largely triumphed! If I"m right, then it's good news for us all.

Alternatively, I could just be a narcissistic megalomaniac, but I don't think so, not from everything I've gone through, willingly and by definite choice. And at core, I'm a loving person who really loves people, with a very deep need to love and be loved by others, and I mean DEEP need, but not an altogether unhealthy one.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sounds like a great topic for a Facebook quiz. maybe I'll design one.

In a previous life I was a bartender in the European Quarter of Shanghai. Before that I was a seller of quack slimming cures to black ladies in Mississippi and Tennesee and was once tarred and feathered for sleeping with a fetchingly buxom client. Prior to that I was an Egyptian midwife who carried out horrifying 'full Pharaonic' female circumsicions on terrified little girls. And in the one before that I was Emilie du Chatelet (look her up).

Before 1709 or so, my memory gets a bit dim.

On a more serious note: there are over six and a half billion people on Earth today. If we were all somebody in a previous life, we must have had to share bodies. Seven other souls would have been cooped up in Mme du Chatelet's body along with mine - quite a squeeze.

Either that, or some of you ought to be sharing memories of your previous lives as clams and cockroaches.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

What is fascinating to me these days is oneness. Coming from various perspectives of other lifetimes, one has to stop and consider at least in this lifetime, this moment... what we are right now, as part of this reality, one with this reality.

Think about how oneness plays a role in each memory, each life, each moment that we self-realize and become aware of our deep intellect. Oneness.

The deeper we look for the truth, the closer we are to the mirror that reflects our true self.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join