It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris removed from the Atlantic is not from the airplane of Air France, says Aeronautics

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The Story has broken on the front page of Yahoo! US.
Yahoo Article

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They're saying that the oil sick found was likely from a ship, although no ships reported this.

Wouldn't a ship, in an attempt to "speed away faster", dump any not-needed oil?

Just a thought. I find it odd that there could have been a ship in the vicinity, and nobody has come forward. Seems to me that if the oil was there for any length of time, the spread would have been different.

Somebody with more information on how oil slicks spread want to let me know the time variables for this slick? Meaning, could it have been there for weeks/months?

Quite coincidental location though I must say.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
remember this:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
Flaggin people as a 'looney' no longer works anymore.

That's why we're all here. We don't fear the 'looney' label anymore.

Yeah... that's not a good thing in my opinion. We should still pressure ourselves to be intellectually honest with ourselves and others and not simply look for things that we suspect to be the case...

I mean honestly I hear a lot of looney crap on these boards... And it's not from people who are simply asking a question fearlessly, it's from people who are coming out of left field with nothing but a suspicion framing it as if it's the gospel...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
remember this:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by TheCoffinman]

This is what all night rocket launches look like...

Rather normal...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i feel that someone shot it down and blamed it on the storms. maybe testing new weapons? since the disclosure project maybe they nwo is now feeling the pressure. maybe its to keep us guessing and reveal to us that aliens shot it down. false enemy? 9/11? im guessing they did pick up remains from the plane and maybe they had leftover particles from whatever destroyed it

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
In the BBC report there is a bit I don't understand:

A Spanish pilot flying in the area at the time of the crash was quoted by his airline, Air Comet, as saying he had seen an "intense flash of white light, which followed a descending and vertical trajectory and which broke up in six seconds".

Is he talking about the flash following a descending and vertical trajectory or is this pilot claiming he saw the plane go down? What broke up in six seconds? It does seem very vague and ambiguous.

Sorry if this has been posted already. I'm only at the top of page 2 and there's a lot of pages to read through.

Anyway, just wanted to add that yet another pilot also reported seeing orange glowing on the sea, and it was reported that it was possibly the burning wreckage of the plane.

So all in all we have:

1. Military reporting airplane seats and it turns out it's wooden pallets? Do the military really make that kind of error because a plane seat looks a lot different to a pallet? Didn't they check before making that information public?

2. The report of an intense white light

3. Glowing orange lights/fire in the sea

4. Searching in area where they must have narrowed it down to according to last radar contact and movement of currents.

5. Reports of wreckage over a very large area (think it was a few hundred miles?) which could have meant a mid air explosion.

1+2+3+4+5 = Wooden pallets!?!?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
They're saying that the oil sick found was likely from a ship, although no ships reported this.

Wouldn't a ship, in an attempt to "speed away faster", dump any not-needed oil?

Just a thought. I find it odd that there could have been a ship in the vicinity, and nobody has come forward. Seems to me that if the oil was there for any length of time, the spread would have been different.

Somebody with more information on how oil slicks spread want to let me know the time variables for this slick? Meaning, could it have been there for weeks/months?

Quite coincidental location though I must say.

There you raise some very good points.
The strip of oil looked thin, if it was on the sea for long time, shouldnt be more spread than that ?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by relu84

Originally posted by komp_uk
As said before.

Why could they not triangulate that mobile phone when it was ringable?

Something smells fishy here.

I always fail at searching, but what mobile phone?

BBC or possibly Sky News, had a woman they were interviewing who had been calling her husband's mobile phone since hearing the plane was missing. He was a passenger on the plane and apparently the phone just kept ringing and ringing.

Good question about why they didn't triangulate the mobile though. I didn't think any signal would be possible over the atlantic but if it was ringing then there must be.

No signal = no ringing so it's very strange that it WAS ringing and even more strange, that it was still ringing, if they'd crashed into the atlantic ocean!

Edit to add:- Wife's name is Patricia Coakley and the original interview was on the BBC but I can't find a video of it on their website - only a link with her name

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This incident would make one hell of a LOST sequel...

Hehe...

Something doesnt sit right with this whole thing.

Jusy like the TV show...when are we ever going to find out what is happening? maybe next week? oh wait, the week after the next...so on and so forth.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I remember watching a documentary on flight 82 over Lockerby, Scotland.

This was a terrorist attack and the plane exploded in midair.

My point is, there was lots of wreckage, bodies floating everywhere amongst all sorts of debris.

The documentary showed oil workers out in boats picking up the bodies and even the "hardest" of them were crying. They had never seen such destruction over a wide area. I know from seeing the debris, it would be really hard to miss.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Unfourtnely, all the bad moves i`ve already know from brazilian air force are taking plece here.

Every move points to a cover-up op, a bad one.

The lead investigators are french and american guys.

brazil`s on the scene is only a political joke. we don`t even have the funds to keep the naval vessels running.

let`s make new efforts to place ideas toward a new BERMUDA TRIANGLE spot on the Atlantic.

With toda`s sat tech, is impossible lost the track os such big plane, with active transponders.

A new 9/11 just in front of our eyes...

I`m 40 yrs, married, 2 kids, jornalist with a proven track record on my career. Be smart and help us, here on Brazil, to press for the imediate truth.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by felipeb]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by felipeb]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a

Originally posted by relu84

Originally posted by komp_uk
As said before.

Why could they not triangulate that mobile phone when it was ringable?

Something smells fishy here.

I always fail at searching, but what mobile phone?

BBC or possibly Sky News, had a woman they were interviewing who had been calling her husband's mobile phone since hearing the plane was missing. He was a passenger on the plane and apparently the phone just kept ringing and ringing.

Good question about why they didn't triangulate the mobile though. I didn't think any signal would be possible over the atlantic but if it was ringing then there must be.

No signal = no ringing so it's very strange that it WAS ringing and even more strange, that it was still ringing, if they'd crashed into the atlantic ocean!

Edit to add:- Wife's name is Patricia Coakley and the original interview was on the BBC but I can't find a video of it on their website - only a link with her name

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Maya00a]

Sorry can't edit for some reason and I've found the video interview where she says her husband's mobile phone was ringing.

Link to Sky News Interview

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptAvatar

the only thing is, some debris does float. Why haven't they found any? There is something that is not sitting well with me about all of this. I understand that some of the discrepancies come from speculation from day one but I am still at a loss why we had reports of floating seats, two large debris areas on the ocean to absolute zero recovered. I know it is a big ocean but I am sure that the position of these areas were meticulously documented. Did they not take pictures of the seats?

Also, the ringing mobile phone and text messages to loved ones are all fuel for some major conspiracy theory. Again, I feel a great unrest, like something is just behind a screen of B.S. that is just too incredible for us to handle.

I want this resolved! I think also because I have family who could have been on that plane and a few of his colleagues being victims of the crash/disappearance. I just want this to be cut and dried and not something we will be pondering over on ATS for years to come.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
I remember watching a documentary on flight 82 over Lockerby, Scotland.

This was a terrorist attack and the plane exploded in midair.

My point is, there was lots of wreckage, bodies floating everywhere amongst all sorts of debris.

The documentary showed oil workers out in boats picking up the bodies and even the "hardest" of them were crying. They had never seen such destruction over a wide area. I know from seeing the debris, it would be really hard to miss.

One difference with the Lockerbie and Air India bombings, is I think they had a good idea of the area the airplane was lost which helped in locating the debris field.

But nonetheless, I find it very strange that authorities seem to be so quick to declare the possibility that they will never locate the wreckage and black boxes. It really makes no difference if the plane crashed into the ocean or exploded or was torn apart by violent wind shears while the plane was still at a high altitude. In all cases, there should be a debris field and once the debris field is found, it should be at least possible to locate the black boxes until the battery dies. I understand the battery on the black box transmitter goes on for a month. Why do they seem so keen to simply give up at this early point in the search?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
While I hear some notes of incredulity about floating trash in the ocean, might be a good time to mention that there are massive flotillas of floating garbage in our oceans. The largest being around twice the size of Texas, and in some places it goes as deep as 80 or 100 feet, between Hawaii and San Francisco. There are similar patches in other oceans as well. They are ignored, and ship dumping is way too lax. It's mostly made of plastic, and it's been growing around 10-fold a year since the 50s.

So no, it's not uncommon at all for ships to dump trash overboard, it's a very common thing, sadly.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Would the black box not be 12000 ft under the sea though?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by felipeb

Hello felipeb

Please explain who are the american investigators you are talking about.
As far as I know, the only investigators working on this case are from the BEA (Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses). It's a French agency for technical investigations on civilian aviation accidents.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This a comprehensive, very well written report on all that happened, including something on text messages being possible on this flight, the Spanish reports on the light flash and some of the automated messages.

luckybogey.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I believe that is not an ufo operation or a bad weather .It s an israeli operation to stall the effort made by Iran to acquire nuclear technology.Some of the profile of the passengers in AF447 are all linked to nuclear technology( thyssen krupp , benxi iron steel, huawei ) Brazil being an important purveyor of high grade nuclear steel.Af 447 was shot down well upnorth of the actual location searched by the brazilian marine .
The same night the plane disappeared ,Al jazeera has talked about brief incursion of israeli airplanes over the north african airspace as they were preparing for a so called strike on Iran.It was pure diversion ,they were on a mission.The debris are actually being collected by the french marine at large of the canary island and hidden from plain view .I have no link to back my claim and it will remain pure speculation but it can be a lead to follow up.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join