It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ok for all the skeptics out there I will put your minds to rest, Astral travel OOBE or what ever you chose to call it is a real phenomenom. I have experienced it 3 times now in my life ( aged 37) and everything that was detailed in the first thread sent shivers up my spine. I dont understand it, know why I am priveledged to experience it or how to personally explain my own exposure to it. But the one thing that makes my desire to re-experience it is the sheer elation and euphoric physical feelings I experience during the 3 times I have travelled. The wooshing sound or rushing sound I experience is a little weird and uncomfortable at first and I dont know why I cant talk in words but to instantly think (on a semi conscious level) and then your there is something that is empowering and exilerating beyond anything you can imagine.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ive been gettin alot of short, blind projecting and one with "others" around me....no negativity just felt people ..not sense...felt, physically..like the "yank" feels ( that happened once) ...ofcouse I get up and there is noone there......

Ive been successful in getting out thru lucid dreams, easier method for me....flying is soooo cool. In most of my APs Im alone, and it is very quiet....everything seems to "flow" movements are fluid like as if I am in fluid.--but It doesnt feel "wet".

I have drempt of water every night for 3 weeks.....hmmmmmm..

It takes such effort for me most often...and then, once in a while, poof Im out there flyin around, like nothin, just hoping I dont get "cut off" or "booted"

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yes: the silence is a strange thing indeed.
In my first outing, it freaked me out a bit. Its like a complete absence of sound, which is bizarre because in waking life, there is always the beating of your own heart to hear when all else falls silent...

U.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sceptic or not...this is a FACTUAL ACCOUNT of my OOBE experiances.
I have no adgenda to convince anyone of something they cant acknowledge. I've been writting this thread to find help for myself, and to share information with seekers.

QUESTION: What does a digital clock have to do with anything? Now its in my mind I am sure I will look at it, (~if I can control myself that much~)......

QUESTION: I would appreciate elaboration on self protection.......can someone tell me MORE about other beings who might try and inhabit my body?....................?? Elaborate PLEASE....??
(reading what someone said about a black cat being good protection Ive befreinded a kitty next door. She is black with yellow eyes. I talked to her...lol....and told her about my flights, and asked her to come along, and 'help' in anyway she can. I swear, after I have OOBE she scratches at my door the following day and wants to come in and play.......so I guess in a way she is 'in on it' ~SOMEHOW~) She hangs out in my carport alot now.

Some of the AMAZING wisdon that is being shared on this thread I am finding invaluable!

Please dont bother u2uing me asking for my 'yanker' ID......I will NOT share that information.......I am, and always will be a woman of my word, and that promise was ~KEY~ to gaining the assistance they privately offered me.......
I am not in control ENOUGH to be able to do a 'yanking' myself....(yet)....I am sorry, but I am still an acolate.

Panchvilla.......your words are so AMAZING....beautifull in fact! Your shareing a deep wisdom, and I SO appreciate it....I wish you would write more for me to ponder on this subject.....

[edit on 16-10-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have no problem getting to the noisy, windlike sound and vibrations stage but actually getting out of my body is impossible for me. I have to be on my stomach or side to get to this point and I'm wondering if that is hindering me from getting out of my body. Also, I do get somewhat fearful when the noise and vibration is at full force. Sometimes I feel like there is negative energy around me so I put an end to the experience. Other times I feel peaceful and WANT to go further but CANNOT get out.

Has anyone ever been able to 'get out' while on their stomach or side or do you have to be on your back?

Getting to the vibrations stage is a piece of cake for me. I can get to that point 2 or 3 time in a night but cannot move past it. Any suggestions?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm interested in OoBE's I've done some research but i cant find a whole lot on it. theRiverGoddess thats amazing what happened to you! do you have msn, or something that i could talk to you over? I would really like to hear about your experience talking to you

-Hopps

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
My first post
been a lurker for a while and would like to share my experiences and questions with you all

Well done to theRiverGoddess for getting there and the updates youve posted

I've been able to get to the vibration stage without too much difficulty for a while now, and have had strange sensations and visuals before stopping...ive only just found out from this post really where i could be heading ! I just used to meditate to relax, but then got the sensations and so stopped meditating...

Over the weekend i bought a hypnotherapy audiobook to help me relax down easier and quicker which worked a treat... But i find when i'm trying to get the extra yard i always start worrying/concentrating about my breathing and seem to lose it. Is there a recommended breathing method or is it best to do just what feels easiest? without having to concentrate on it...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
One of my few totally serious replies.
Often when i go to bed and im drifting off, ill suddenly be wakened by a violent involuntary movement of my body, as though ive fallen on the bed.
Im sure im not physically levitating as i sleep, afterall, my wife would surely have noticed at least once. So your thread made me wonder if the normal leaving of the body, if indeed its normal, is being suddenly interupted when this happens? Ive experienced these for many years, once i awoke in the same manner with such a violent wrenching of my neck, i had to wear a brace for nearly two weeks. However at the time I was living in a house that was to say the least "occupied" by the unseen, possibly malovelent unseen, such was the feeling/atmosphere of the place. This may or may not of had something to do with that particular experience, and it was ,to date, one of a kind,
but I digress.
Often there appears to be no sound or other disturbance to account for these "interruptions" , they just happen, after which i drift off to sleep.
If these are indeed aborted experiences of the nature you posted about,
why are they happening at all? I have never made any concious effort to "astral travel". I might mention that I seldom ever dream or remember dreaming. Could it be that i am elsewhere?
Im a very down to earth kinda guy, I dont swallow the fantastic as a matter of course and I am not ruling out some odd medical condition causing this, although im of a smoker of average health.
feel free to share your thoughts/theorys, i am broadminded.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hey instar.......I have been taking 'fish oil' gell tabs from the health food store for health reasons, but its AMAZING what it is doing for my dream state you should give it a try. Its considerd BRAIN FOOD, and gives alot of color and sound to my dreams.
There is a HUGE differance between dreams, and OOBE however, and I can tell the differance, as I am sure any other OOBE folks can attest to.

I have NOW had 11 concious OOBE's......but I still cant seam to be in charge of where I go....I still just GO places.......
I am working hard on choosing where I go to, but I still seam to be only able to choose TO GO....or NOT to go.......once out I just start FLYING.......

I FULLY believe now, given what I am experiencing...that the 'falling' feeling people get befor/during/after sleep is INDEED the OOBE happening to them. I feel ALOT of rushing....like being on a roller coaster.....the FAST feeling is more frightening to me than not being in my body. ROller coasters always make me a tad nervous anyway
..... ALWAYS with OOBE I feel these feelings.....with a HUGE rush and falling when I am returning to my body.

Hopps, I do have msn and will send you a u2u with my info

Ok....here is an odd development I have been seeing while OOBE..... in the stars.....Id rather keep this tidbit to myself, but I am being fully open on this thread so here goes....................
I am flying through space and it is totally quiet there.....I can see the earth below, far away. I go by this CERTAIN star that is NOT a star.....it looks like one from our earthly perspective......but when I go by it.....it is a metal ball with many colored lights on it...green, blue, violet, white and red......I get the strong sense that this is NOT a satalite from our planet. It gives me the chills because I have this understanding that the thing is a BOARDER marker, to let space travelers know not to go past it. Once past it out radar will pick up on the craft they are in, and if they do not pass this beacon they can remain unseen to Earth. YA YA YA I know this is VERY WIERD, but its what I am sensing when I see this 'star thing'.......I have flown by this 'thing' 2 times now.....I have no idea why I go to the stars and fly by this thing that gives me the creeps anyway.
I wonder if any other OOBE people have seen this ~beacon~ ??

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
When I tried to meditate before, all I see and feel was an energy flowing upwards through my spine out of my head and a dark, dark, dark, tunnel of nothing. I had the sensation I was traveling, but I don't know where. I could barely make up the stuff around me. I definately KNEW I was going somewhere, but I had no idea where. This went on for like 20 minutes, I was deeply relaxed. After this, I felt really worried for no apparent reason, perhaps I felt lost? I don't know, so I chanted in my head "I WANT OUT" and began to move my body, when I achieved this, I woke up. Same thing happens everytime.

So I'm asking, whoever you are who can help, help me, please.

Thankyou

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The first Robert Monroe book, Far Journeys, is a good introduction to the practice of invoking OOBEs or facilitating separation of mind/spirit from the body.

Far Journeys

I don't have any special ritual or anything. I've generally lie down as if to go to sleep and keep my mind alert so as to maintain consciousness while the body drifts off to sleep. Sometimes there's a vibrational feeling when I (the consciousness) begin to separate from the sleeping physical body and also when I try to reenter. It's very odd. It's almost as if I'm trying to get in and out of a very heavy coat. Sometimes there's a panic that comes over as I try to get back in, and it takes a few seconds before I feel in synch with the physical.

Most of my experiences with OOBEs have had to visitations to another dimension, which one might enter after they die.

mod edit: shortened link with bbcode
[edit on 30-11-2004 by lchoro]

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So HOPPSAK and I have been IM chatting ............and things are going well for them in this areana!
Im hoping they will buck up and post here, sharing with everybody the experiance they are having!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well first I'd like to thank theRiverGoddess for sharing all of her experiences/knowledge on this subject. I only heard of OOBE a few weeks ago and believed it was real through the way theRiverGoddess showed how happy she was to have had a first experience, it sounded the same way I did when I had my first Lucid dream. Within the past two weeks I've been meditating daily, trying new experiments every day to have a OOBE, and two days ago, I had my first experience. If you want to hear how it went, here it is: I was meditating for about an hour using the ladder technique, this was the only one I was using at the time because its the only thing that worked to get me into trance so far. I got into a trance (4th time I've ever experienced one), and then I got too excited in the process, as usual, and the trance half left me. So then I though of the Rope technique that Robert Bruce talks so much about, which I've been reading much about. And while doing this technique I quickly entered trance again! While doing this technique you are imagining climbing a rope, well after I went into trance, I could half see through my eyelids, and then I saw my 'hands' I was using, and they were grasping an invisible rope! And I was beginning to leave my body, right in the middle of this I was interrupted... But I know next time I try I may be completely successful to get out of my body =). Thank you theRiverGoddess for helping me get started on this, as you can see in the posts I only asked to talk to her a few weeks ago, and progressing fairly quickly, if anyone else is interested in doing this I highly recommend this site Robert Bruce. It has everything you need to know, and if you really want to do this and have dedication to stick to trying, you'll have an OOBE quite fast, (definitely go for the Rope technique). Thanks a lot for your help theRiverGoddess, I may post again when something more happens =)

- Hopps

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well.....................it sounds to me that Hoppsak is having better luck than I have been.........

I guess I am of the the ROBERT BRUCE site myself......

I hear the aformentioned "whooshing sound' about 2 times a week, and work on getting out whenever I do.....I CAN get out, but then I find myself quickly going back in......I am sure this is happening because I am just overly exited about the whole thing. I get out and I am "WOW WHOOOPEY!!! YEY!" and blam....I go right back in. When I am able to keep my composier , and stay mellow and calm I stay out much longer. Its HARD to remain calm though because it is so thrilling.........Now prior to sleeping, I tell myself that if I hear the whooshing noise its no big deal, and I can calmly and easily go flying, but then once I am out ......again I get all exited. Im not to sure HOW to just take this experiance in stride and remain calm........I guess I need more meditation and deep breathing

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
just an idea I remembered

Also I think I can make it out of my body for a second I now can get the rollercoster drop and I can relax myself Into sp at any time but I cant get out. (If I ever do I will post how and help anyone I can)

Now on to a way I read about back when I was half powerful.

Start at your tows and see in your minds eye a elevator going up through your body slowly. Closly view each body part until you reach the head then push the elevator outside your body. DONT move your eyes.

Tell me if this works anyone. hope it does and it helps

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
OOBE is also a great interest of mine. I've purchased and read all the books I can find on OOBE and even bought tapes that were supposed to help you achieve OOBE, but no luck so far. Only successful mystical experiences I've had so far are a psychic that put me in touch with my Mom (this is real and I can relate the story if anybody wants me to) and a past life regression.

Anyway, I would also be interested in an "assisted" OOBE if available.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was really trying to find this great link I had found a few years back. And I finally found it again.

Link

This site has a lot of good information. I personally have only been able to consciously raise my arms out of my body. But I haven't kept on any strict schedule for doing it either.

What would be really interesting is doing simultaneous projections and meeting at a certain spot. Like inside the Giza pyramid. I might just take the astralling up again. I look forward to more stories in the mean time though. Keep it up.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
One of my few totally serious replies.
Often when i go to bed and im drifting off, ill suddenly be wakened by a violent involuntary movement of my body, as though ive fallen on the bed.
Im sure im not physically levitating as i sleep, afterall, my wife would surely have noticed at least once. So your thread made me wonder if the normal leaving of the body, if indeed its normal, is being suddenly interupted when this happens? Ive experienced these for many years, once i awoke in the same manner with such a violent wrenching of my neck, i had to wear a brace for nearly two weeks. However at the time I was living in a house that was to say the least "occupied" by the unseen, possibly malovelent unseen, such was the feeling/atmosphere of the place. This may or may not of had something to do with that particular experience, and it was ,to date, one of a kind,

Hi Instar and Group....first posting; interesting forums to be sure.
What you've been experiencing, Instar, is called a "myoclonic jerk" or simply, the contraction of several major muscle groups, the cause of which is still being researched by sleep scientists (me: retired). I've put a couple of links at the end for you to follow-up.
Some folks have it real bad; contracting so violently that they injure themselves, as you did once, or their sleeping partners (usually a sign that it's time in the marriage to consider seperate sleeping rooms
....to those who might experience it once or twice. Also, a lesser "jerk" is quite normal; so much so that we don't usually notice it...one's perception of one's body can "fall away" quicker than one's stream of consciousness, if you will, and we just don't realize it when it happens.
From my experience in the lab, they usually happen in the transition between hypnogogic pre-sleep and "formal"(stage 1) sleep.
The incidence seems to increase if the S (you) has had a particularly physical day of activity or, if one is under a lot of stress. One theory postulates the possibility that the myoclonic jerk is nothing more than the stored up energy/stress, being released spontaneously and dramatically as the muscle tonus levels decrease normally as one falls asleep. So, in response to your query about the possible linkage between your own recurring spasms and OOBEs or "in reaction" to one's leaving one's physical body, I'd have to give a cautionary, "probably not".
Having studied OOBEs in the lab, I can say that the brainwave pattern, "typically", is quite different, comparing Stage 1 sleep and OBEs. That's not to say there -isn't- a link between the spasms and pre-OBE consciousness, not at all, but your own particular discription strikes me more as the former (typical pre-sleep-to-sleep transition State), rather than the latter.
Just IMO and hthelps:

but I digress.
Often there appears to be no sound or other disturbance to account for these "interruptions" , they just happen, after which i drift off to sleep.
If these are indeed aborted experiences of the nature you posted about,
why are they happening at all? I have never made any concious effort to "astral travel". I might mention that I seldom ever dream or remember dreaming. Could it be that i am elsewhere?

Just a quick comment so that there's no confusion about the matter:
all mammals dream: as you properly add, it is one's ability to recall them that is the primary variable. Try this sometime, set your alarm for an hour and a half after you anticipate falling asleep, if you can do so without lousing up the test in anticipation
), and I damn near guarantee you'll awaken at the alarm with wisps of recall from your first of 4 or 5 REM periods for the night.

Im a very down to earth kinda guy, I dont swallow the fantastic as a matter of course and I am not ruling out some odd medical condition causing this, although im of a smoker of average health.
feel free to share your thoughts/theorys, i am broadminded.

Cheers and happy floating!
bubbabak

Search on "myoclonic jerk":
hxxp://www.medhelp.org/forums/neuro/archive/11725.html
hxxp://www.faqs.org/faqs/dreams-faq/part2/section-5.html

Bandit: Edited quote

[edit on 15-12-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
last night I seamed to not be able to get OUT all the way........like my leggs would not let go.........like I had on cement shoes or something.
That was wierd.....

Never been 'stuck' halfway before!........Im trying to read up on this issue and not finding any info on it........

Any suggestions would be nice.......WHY was this happening?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
last night I seamed to not be able to get OUT all the way........like my leggs would not let go.........like I had on cement shoes or something.
That was wierd.....

Never been 'stuck' halfway before!........Im trying to read up on this issue and not finding any info on it........

Any suggestions would be nice.......WHY was this happening?

From my very unproffesional opinion, lol, i believe that maybe the reason why you couldnt get out is because your thoughts were overrunning, you were acting too hastey to leave your body, and you werent calm enough.
These are the most probable reasons, however i suggest you try this website, maybe you can find help here.
www.crystalinks.com...
And this is the homepage of that site.
www.crystalinks.com...
This is a very good, and large website, and i believe the lady (you'll know who later when ur there) is real. I hope you can find help there, unless of course you've already known about this site and im just wasting my time lol.
Best wishes,
Dani

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Vesuvius 13]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join