It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
River Goddess, I smile at your posts. My first astral projection went pretty much the same. That was 17 years ago. Since then I have had thousands. I have also studied many different fields to try to develope my own holographic viewpoint. The problems lay with symantics. You can look at this as a scientific problem like these experiences are just hallucinations caused by disturbances with your internal self refrencing "I". Or you can say that this is a spiritual thing with a limitless hierachy of intelligent and devious beings. I support the latter, but not in a spiritual way. The universe is a collection of self organizing self relicating patterns of energy. From the electron to the solar system there are infinte patterns of information that interact with one another.

In my experiences with OBE I found that the negative aspects of this phenomena are real and should be carefully approached. Also my astral projections are accompanied by electrical storms that rapidly disperse across my temporal lobes. This is the wind noise you refer to. These electrical storms are a form of epilepsy (siezure of the brain) and I am afraid that I just might burn up my brain someday. be carefull.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
River Goddess, I smile at your posts. My first astral projection went pretty much the same. That was 17 years ago. Since then I have had thousands. I have also studied many different fields to try to develope my own holographic viewpoint. The problems lay with symantics. You can look at this as a scientific problem like these experiences are just hallucinations caused by disturbances with your internal self refrencing "I". Or you can say that this is a spiritual thing with a limitless hierachy of intelligent and devious beings. I support the latter, but not in a spiritual way. The universe is a collection of self organizing self relicating patterns of energy. From the electron to the solar system there are infinte patterns of information that interact with one another.

In my experiences with OBE I found that the negative aspects of this phenomena are real and should be carefully approached. Also my astral projections are accompanied by electrical storms that rapidly disperse across my temporal lobes. This is the wind noise you refer to. These electrical storms are a form of epilepsy (siezure of the brain) and I am afraid that I just might burn up my brain someday. be carefull.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm 17 years old...I first heard about OOBE/Astral Projection about 3 years ago. I read up about it on the internet for weeks. (One site I found particularly informative was www.astralvoyage.com...). Anyway, I've tried several different methods of leaving my body, but nothing seems to work. I've never even gotten to the vibration stage. Usually when I try to do it, I lay down on my bed, flat on my back, with my arms to the side. I then close my eyes and basically try to relax my body as much as possible. Once I feel completely relaxed, I try to clear my mind, focus on my third eye, and imagine I'm weightless. But for some reason, nothing ever happens. Sometimes I'll get to a point where I can no longer feel my body, but still, nothing else happens. I've tried several different techniques that I've read online, but still no luck. Anyone wanna tell me what I'm doing wrong?

This is something I'd really like to achieve, and I truely believe its possible based on what I've read from others. Sometimes it just seems hopeless though...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Shoot, this is a reply over three months later: I hope Dr MamBo is still around to get it.

Originally posted by Dr MamBo

It also requires multiple telepathic, for lack of a better term, "gaurdians"
They must protect your body during the OOBE. A major risk anyone needs to consider when Astral Projecting is ghost infestation. If you are not adequately protected, a ghost is, according to my sources, 50% more likely to possess you during Astral Projection.

DrMamBo:
From my experience i belive that is impossible. Your body is your body, you are connected to it at all times, it is attuned to your personal vibration and at the first sign of something untowards happening WHHHOOOOOSH you're right back in there. Ghosts are entitys trapped in their own little worlds, not aware of the fact that they have died. Ghosts reside in the etheric plane, not the astral, which is a difficult place to get to as its vibration is a lot closer to our usual everyday plane of existence. There are "things" that lurk out there but they cannot hurt you in anyway, unless of course you let them. I have experienced an attack from these creatures whilst in the astral, but because i "knew" that they could not harm me i totally vanquished them.
The worst enemy in the astral is your own fear as I understand it can manifest there. No fear no problems. But a form of protection is always a good idea, i find a bubble of white light is the best defence against anything undesireable. You can ask your guides for this or simply just visulise it being there and you will be good.

= p e a c e =

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Dr MamBo]

Bubbabak continues:
Generally I agree with DrMamBo's opinion about the "vulnerability" of the body during OBE....but for different reasons, I believe. You state, Dr., that ghosts reside only in one "place" or dimension and are unaware, from our perspective, of their "predicament". Well, for a subgroup of ghosts, yes, that is true.
However, there -are- more than one form of "ghost", in my experience (B.A. in parapsychology from a state univ...double major w/Psych + grad studies, doing research in sleeplab and field for 30yrs now) Just establishing my credentials; not an appeal to "authority" or trying intellectual bull-dogging...not my style.
Anyway, you're ignoring an entire subgroup of entities who -are- aware of their :"place" and can interact with their previous reality (this one). You're aware, I assume of those reports where the ghost (hate that word but it's a basis from which 90percent can relate) is perhaps playful, or harmful, likes to hide things then replace them where you KNOW it was just moments before....and might even laugh "outloud" when your confusion/fear/realization of circumstance makes the person fooled-with get THAT LOOK of ....what.....a deer in headlights? :-)
BUT.....I will also agree that the body, when "left" behind in OBE, is relatively safe since, as you rightly say, there is always a connection, re: the Silver Cord of buddhist lore etc.
In addition, unless one is a complete novice and has a spontaneous (perhaps drug induced) OBE and the shell is somewhat vulnerable, if One gets to the place, mentally and experiencially, where One can Travel OBE at will, that person's "FORCE" is stable and powerful in it's own right to where outside entity attacks are easily resisted. IMO and in my experience, both as a researcher, overseeing experienced OBE'ers in the Lab and personally, as a Traveller (after all, what use would all this gained "scientific" knowledge be if I couldn't apply lessons learned to my own experience?).
So, yes, there are those individuals out there who really shouldn't be exploring OBE due to personality or brain deficiencies (physical) who might insist that they were "attacked" and nearly didn't make it back "in", but we must be honest in such cases and offer up the possibility that that individual has intrinsic and very real weaknesses and that it's entirely possible that what that person experienced was 100percent internally generated and not an attack by outside entity while OBE.
If I've learned anything during my researches, one of the common TRUTHS I've come to rely on is that people lie to impress others, or, if not lieing, then are unable to differenciate the OBE reality/experience from their own psychological pairings (yes, as in fighting oneself...multiple personalities or whatever lable one feels most comfortable using of this subgroup of OBE reporters).
Ok, I think I said what I wanted and hopefully my bad habit of using parentheses to add a "tangent", however relevent I may think that tangent might be; I know my stream-of-consciousness writing can be difficult for some folks...but I've found that those who -don't- get it aren't really the ones I was "talking" to anyway
, and so, don't really attempt to change the style, for now.
Happy Festivus and Merry Happy to One and All on this, Christmas Day.
Time to put some presents under the tree for my neices who arrive on the Morn...
bubbabak

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Im getting stuck 1/2 in/out again...but I hav e been gettin out

When I get that reallly strong electricity in my head that feels like a seizure, my experieces of OOBE are much much more severe...I just "end up" somewhere very sureal with incredible imagery like I would imagine "heaven. I also arrive someplace by travelling (or the sensation of travelling) at incredible rates of speed.". This is not like my "regular" OOBES and these are accompanied by discomfort. These sometimes have some negavitiy associated with them and I dont feel I am in the astral It doesnt have the same "consistency".

My "normal" episodes begin with a more delicate vibration with waves of gentle buzzing electricity type stimulation going across the front right head. I gently am able to seperate or 1/2... This is an almost pleasant sensation...

I have to say the first type of OOBE I mentioned is not pleasant at first it is actually sort of painful.--but much more dramatic... my Astral world is kind of "see through" but this place is not. it is not made of pinpoints of light like in the astral...This place is made of almost liquid brilliance with some sort of resistance in the air...the "consistency" of the air... anyone with a similar experience? Anyone feel they have been "beyond" astral?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
wow, what cool stuff...breezo, about sleeping in meditation: try looking UP to the point between your eye brows, never look straight ahead or down when meditating; also, looking up with your eyes half-open can help; also, you need a technique or pranayama to concentrate upon, don't just "meditate" by sitting there...i hope that helps you

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I swear....I am not epileptic............but I appreciate that idea as an explanation of the NOISE..............makes sense in the physicall mode, but NOT quite what is actually happening.......(amI wrong folks?)........its like.....after SERIOUS relaxation, the sound COMES to you.....is very calm and in no way a brain sesiesure ( heck I cant spell THAT)........the noise, COMES, and I can choose to GO with it......or to not......and once I choose NO its quiets, and goes away.( this SOUND comes at its own volition, NOT because I want it to)
I must choose to go with the SOUND to move along in this process......its a GENUINE CHOICE.................not some kind of 'sezure" of the brain..........I have a CHOICE..................(Iwould in NO WAY have a
choice if it was a type of sezure) It seams to come to me........when I dont care about it.

thanks for your input..........but I KNOW what I am dealing with here. Not some kind of brain fart............
If I could MAKE this happen, that would be wonderfull...it just comes to me when IT wants to..........I realy have no choice, when it COMES....just to go along.......or not to..............

[edit on 2-1-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hello RiverGoddess,
This is an awsome thread! You have got me so excited about astral traveling that i have decided to focus more on it. I have a question however, what do you your self look like when you astral travel?? Like your body? Is it clearish or hazy or normal, or just not there? Just wondering! Thanks!
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

....they gave me 2 books to read.

The 2 books are....'The power of now' by Eckhardt Tolle......and 'The four agreements' by Miguel Ruiz...( I could be spelling his name wrong because that book is out on loan to a friend)

I recieved a u2u asking me to clarify WHAT the book titles and authers are....hence this answer, because I can see I failed to mention the titles.....DUH.......

Hey Vesuveus.......what I SEE of my other friend...was like a ball of light....maybe 10 inches in diamiter.....it wasnt 'people' shaped
but that was what I could SEE of them..........I KNEW it was ~'THEM'~ I could feel them intrisicly.........I know it sounds odd, but I was litterally following the bouncing ball of light......
(but what else about this entire thread does NOT sound odd, hu?)

WOW! Bubback..& DrMambo...........~TYVM~.............that was some excellant information you have provided and I GREATLY appreiciate it.......Im sure you may have noticed...VERY few people will even TOUCH the subject ot OOBE safety.....this confounds and confuses me! That alot of folks can talk about the HOW TO....but very few will talk about the HOW TO BE SAFE.....it makes me wonder if safety is something people dont think about?
It makes sense to me that your safety IS in your mind.....and manifests from fear....and when fear is present ...the OOBE stops abruptly........I find it just cant happen if I am in the LEAST bit afraid...even when Im over exited it is hinderd.....a state of ~PEACE AND CALM~ is required for the OOBE......hence why meditation is such a criticle factor in helping to achieve it......

[edit on 3-1-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hi River Goddess et al:
thanks for the feedback...I was beginning to wonder if I'd made a fundamental mistake posting as someone who's actually had the fortune of having a sleep lab at one's personal disposal for research into OBE, dream telepathy, RV, Lucid Dreaming to augment remote information retrieval etc etc etc, rather than just add an informal response here and there.

So, I'll put in my 2 cents' worth on the rushing sound that is so often reported by OBEers, take it however you like...I never pipe in to change peoples minds or opinions on a subject, since there is no RIGHT answer to these details of the phenomenology of OBE consciousness, only observations and patterns that ---suggest--- an answer.
I just want to get that out there for all to see; I may be quite proud of my ability to have actually studied these things up close and personal in a laboratory setting, using talented people who not only could produce these experiences regularly, but were also extremely good at "self-reporting", but if rather than those thousands of hours hunched over an EEG and whatnot making me some kind of "authority", quite the opposite is true: it's humbled me and reminded me just how little we really know about the Human Experience. So please, R.G. and Group, know that I only want to add to the collective knowledge base on these subjects, not come across as some egotistical jerk who thinks he knows everything, ok people? And if I do occasionally back up my statements or opinions by reminding folks of my scientific experience, please realize that being able to toot one's horn can actually be politically correct when one has been awarded the only such granted degree by an accredited University in any of the States...so it's not bragging.....I worked damned hard to get it and I think I earned the right to say so once in awhile without being accused of using it as nothing more than a club with which to wield in an exchange of opinions on any given subject I might want to comment on.
It worries me that 2 of the threads I responded to, my posts ended the thread (for these 10 or so days since the posting), as if I might BLOW UP if someone wanted to question my posts. If that IS the reason there's been no response, then be advised I LOVE talking to people with opinions or experiences other than my own, ok? And yes, I CAN change my opinion, when confronted with a well stated, documented counter-argument that refutes my own.
Ok, sorry RiverGirl, didn't mean all that to be directed to you....not at all, I'm hoping everyone else reads this and starts to get a feel for who I am and whether or not I'll be good or bad for this forum. To paraphrase that little cutie, Gwen Stephanie...."I'm JUST a GUY!"....and I like to think, a nice one, at that.

All that having been said, here's my opinion on the loud noise frequently reported (and personally experienced in my own OBEs).
Possibility number One:
Since the noise happens (as I found in the lab) in the transition between High Alpha frequency brainwave State, to Low Alpha (from 12 cycles per second to 8 or 9 and a concommitant decrease in amplitude) and since it is known that in that transition there is a predictable and replicatable change in a number of physiological parameters, it is my theory that the best explanation for the rushing noise is our awareness of the sound of bloodflow through the inner ear.
Either that, or, it is the brain's way of interpreting the resonance of the tiny bones of the inner ear, as they "relax" after being stimulated all day and now you're in a quite environment with a subsequent "quiet-ing" of one's inner dialogue....so, we are then able to become aware of these sounds that are there all the time. The difference being a turning of awaress from the WithOut to the WithIn.
Subsequently, as one continues to approach OBE consciousness (high Delta to very low Alpha brainwave frequency) the blood pressure continues to drop, the muscles relax and just as in falling asleep, those areas of the brain (in the hypothalamus, if memory serves) that we use in daily life to interpret outside visual and auditory stimuli, shut off.....so the rushing noise disappears. In your particular observation, River Goddess, I think you'll agree with me that, yes, it might be described as a conscious choice on your part to "end" the sounds, but what might just as likely be happening is that the sounds come and go predictably whenever you go through the above-described transition from one brainwave State to another and you either let the sound "win", forcing you either awake and out of meditation OR, you STOP thinking and paying attention to the sound (which might still actually be there) but your focus of consciousness continues to turn off monitoring the bloodflow through the inner ear and you deepen your trance....seeming to cut off the noise when in reality, it is the inner monitor you actually turn off, and not the noise.
Hope that makes sense....I verbalize much better than I write

So, anyway, next time you face that experience, do yourself and the group a favor and pay particular attention to the experiential aspects of "attention" as you go deeper and deeper into your meditative state, ok? Let's just play with it a little and see if we can't narrow down the possibilities through a process of elimination.
Gotta go....the sun's going down and I have to put in my 20miles on my bicycle....damned holiday weight gain, anyways! After 50, it seems to get harder and harder to shed those extra pounds....damn I hate getting old!
bye for now:
bubbabak
//psiapplications.com
//www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/3549/stories.html

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hi River Goddess et al:
thanks for the feedback...I was beginning to wonder if I'd made a fundamental mistake posting as someone who's actually had the fortune of having a sleep lab at one's personal disposal for research into OBE, dream telepathy, RV, Lucid Dreaming to augment remote information retrieval etc etc etc, rather than just add an informal response here and there.

So, I'll put in my 2 cents' worth on the rushing sound that is so often reported by OBEers, take it however you like...I never pipe in to change peoples minds or opinions on a subject, since there is no RIGHT answer to these details of the phenomenology of OBE consciousness, only observations and patterns that ---suggest--- an answer.
I just want to get that out there for all to see; I may be quite proud of my ability to have actually studied these things up close and personal in a laboratory setting, using talented people who not only could produce these experiences regularly, but were also extremely good at "self-reporting", but if rather than those thousands of hours hunched over an EEG and whatnot making me some kind of "authority", quite the opposite is true: it's humbled me and reminded me just how little we really know about the Human Experience. So please, R.G. and Group, know that I only want to add to the collective knowledge base on these subjects, not come across as some egotistical jerk who thinks he knows everything, ok people? And if I do occasionally back up my statements or opinions by reminding folks of my scientific experience, please realize that being able to toot one's horn can actually be politically correct when one has been awarded the only such granted degree by an accredited University in any of the States...so it's not bragging.....I worked damned hard to get it and I think I earned the right to say so once in awhile without being accused of using it as nothing more than a club with which to wield in an exchange of opinions on any given subject I might want to comment on.
It worries me that 2 of the threads I responded to, my posts ended the thread (for these 10 or so days since the posting), as if I might BLOW UP if someone wanted to question my posts. If that IS the reason there's been no response, then be advised I LOVE talking to people with opinions or experiences other than my own, ok? And yes, I CAN change my opinion, when confronted with a well stated, documented counter-argument that refutes my own.
Ok, sorry RiverGirl, didn't mean all that to be directed to you....not at all, I'm hoping everyone else reads this and starts to get a feel for who I am and whether or not I'll be good or bad for this forum. To paraphrase that little cutie, Gwen Stephanie...."I'm JUST a GUY!"....and I like to think, a nice one, at that.

All that having been said, here's my opinion on the loud noise frequently reported (and personally experienced in my own OBEs).
Possibility number One:
Since the noise happens (as I found in the lab) in the transition between High Alpha frequency brainwave State, to Low Alpha (from 12 cycles per second to 8 or 9 and a concommitant decrease in amplitude) and since it is known that in that transition there is a predictable and replicatable change in a number of physiological parameters, it is my theory that the best explanation for the rushing noise is our awareness of the sound of bloodflow through the inner ear.
Either that, or, it is the brain's way of interpreting the resonance of the tiny bones of the inner ear, as they "relax" after being stimulated all day and now you're in a quite environment with a subsequent "quiet-ing" of one's inner dialogue....so, we are then able to become aware of these sounds that are there all the time. The difference being a turning of awaress from the WithOut to the WithIn.
Subsequently, as one continues to approach OBE consciousness (high Delta to very low Alpha brainwave frequency) the blood pressure continues to drop, the muscles relax and just as in falling asleep, those areas of the brain (in the hypothalamus, if memory serves) that we use in daily life to interpret outside visual and auditory stimuli, shut off.....so the rushing noise disappears. In your particular observation, River Goddess, I think you'll agree with me that, yes, it might be described as a conscious choice on your part to "end" the sounds, but what might just as likely be happening is that the sounds come and go predictably whenever you go through the above-described transition from one brainwave State to another and you either let the sound "win", forcing you either awake and out of meditation OR, you STOP thinking and paying attention to the sound (which might still actually be there) but your focus of consciousness continues to turn off monitoring the bloodflow through the inner ear and you deepen your trance....seeming to cut off the noise when in reality, it is the inner monitor you actually turn off, and not the noise.
Hope that makes sense....I verbalize much better than I write

So, anyway, next time you face that experience, do yourself and the group a favor and pay particular attention to the experiential aspects of "attention" as you go deeper and deeper into your meditative state, ok? Let's just play with it a little and see if we can't narrow down the possibilities through a process of elimination.
Gotta go....the sun's going down and I have to put in my 20miles on my bicycle....damned holiday weight gain, anyways! After 50, it seems to get harder and harder to shed those extra pounds....damn I hate getting old!
bye for now:
bubbabak
//psiapplications.com
//www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/3549/stories.html

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
hello BubbaBak....

I never for a second thought you were being anti OOBE or bashing me and my experiance.......I APPRECIATE your contribution to this train of thought.

Ive wanted to go to the Monroe Institute and experiance the HEMI SYNC tecnique for a long while, but have been unable due to distance. Well....and cashflow to
Hencewise this entire thread, and my begging the world at large for HELP OUT of my body........I am truly blessed to have been given this gift via the internet. Thank the heavens and earth for ATS!!!!!!

Would you be willing to share MORE of your experiances in this realm? Im am sure I am not the only one who is curious.....Ive read about the HEMI SYNC tecnique in the Robert Monroe books.........I dont think people are aware that there is a place to go to...to focus on getting OUT of your body, in a scientific setting that brings upon oneself personal astral travel.I know a person can go to this place to enable the experiance. I also know that a person can purchase the equipment to facilitate the OOBE experiance in the manner they say works best. Would you mind taking some time to SHARE with us all WHAT that is like? Maybe you can even tell us how much this experiance in such a setting can cost a person? I doubt it that it comes cheap

Also.....I know very well what the sound of my blood pumping in my ears sounds like....even close to sleep.....even in REM....and the sound Im trying to explain is NOT the same!
This SOUND of the ~rushing wind~ I am hearing at the onsett of OOBE is a new thing for me.......it is new, but at the same time sounds so familiar that MAYBE your right in claiming its common.
It was NEW....when I first heard it in my first real OOBE, now I hear this when I can GET OUT......its the ~signal~ per say....or ~the doorway~ as it opens for me to go through it............maybe? I cant SAY for sure, I can only relate what I am hearing during this experiance......the sound does not continue throughout the OOBE experiance, its only at the beginning......and dissapates once I am fully OUT. It returns during the process of my return to my body, and goes away once Im am again fully IN my body.

I am thinking its the sound....of the differant dimentions OPENING UP, when they clash together or mesh, enough to make my exit possible...or anyones for that matter.....its a sound unique unto itself....like the way the sound of a waterfall is unique to itself. Like the sound of a roller coaster is unique too itself.

This sound is UNIQUE, yet familiar somehow....
I would not be surprised at all if THIS is the sound a baby hears when it first comes into this world, or its the sound a person hears when they are passing away from this life....

I do NOT think it is the sound of some kind of brain freeze, or brain contortion.......I believe any person who is actually capable of OOBE can attest to the fact that this sound is unique to OOBE.
Robert Monroe's books never mention this ~ noise ~ and Im feel like a lummex talking about it, but Im NOT making this up. I am also willing to hold discourse on the TRUE NATURE of this ~sound~ it seams to be a VIBRATION...that I can hear.
The vibration of moving between realitys..... maybe? I cant make any claims for sure......I am yet a novice, making my meager attemt to DENY IGNORANCE!!!

Concious OOBE is a REAL thing that is attainable to human beings.

and so it is..............

[edit on 9-1-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by addman987
I'm 17 years old...I first heard about OOBE/Astral Projection about 3 years ago. I read up about it on the internet for weeks. (One site I found particularly informative was www.astralvoyage.com...). Anyway, I've tried several different methods of leaving my body, but nothing seems to work. I've never even gotten to the vibration stage. Usually when I try to do it, I lay down on my bed, flat on my back, with my arms to the side. I then close my eyes and basically try to relax my body as much as possible. Once I feel completely relaxed, I try to clear my mind, focus on my third eye, and imagine I'm weightless. But for some reason, nothing ever happens. Sometimes I'll get to a point where I can no longer feel my body, but still, nothing else happens. I've tried several different techniques that I've read online, but still no luck. Anyone wanna tell me what I'm doing wrong?

This is something I'd really like to achieve, and I truely believe its possible based on what I've read from others. Sometimes it just seems hopeless though...

yes i ahve the exact same problem

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
my first post in 2 weeks ya. I finaly did it. It wasent controled or fun but i did it. I was having a nightmare so I lucid it to make it fun, than I got the idea to ap, but i couldnt. So I just woke my self up and it was 3 in the morning and suddenly I poped out for 2 seconds got scared and went back into my body. Why would I do such a stupid thing you might ask when I rarly can lucid, I poped back in because their was something floating right above me facing me and it freaked me out. Also I found out a new method I will post if it works. PS I found out a lot of ways to fight some weaker evils in the astro plane, but can someone tell me what affliction or infection is

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
ok something really strange to report... lat night i was trying to Ap (again) and i ahd a breakthrough (i think) .... i was laying down, totally relaxed and i kept the intent to AP in my mind, but i found that my mind was to pre-occupied with that.. so then i relaxed everything at once.. if i had to move, i forced myself not to move, and when a thought came i went with it, all while keeping the intent to AP in my mind.. then the most incredible thing happened... my physical body felt like it had been drugged up ( it went numb and had a strange sensation )

that night i couldnt pass this barrier.... i tried it at least 6 times that night but i just couldnt get past it..

anyone have a similar feeling?
suggestions as to what this is?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Phew....out of all the good topics on here, this is one of my favourites

I am like many of you a very open minded, spiritual person. I am envious of all these experiences.

Okay, don't laugh now, because lately if I've posted something even slightly iffy, I've had nothigng but ridicule (Vertu, I'm looking at you). But as I was reading this I was constantly thinking "I want SOMETHING to reach me somehow, a little sign that this is real". As soon as I went to hover over the reply button, the screen went black, and then just came back on. Probably nothing I know, but at that moment it actually felt like something or someone had just made a little connection of some sort.

Anyway, back on topic, I have had one OOBE experience that I can recall lately, and it wasn't particuarly good. I could feel myself *above* my body after relaxing and meditating for awhile. I couldn't control where I went, and I couldn't see anything, just black. But I definately felt myself *hovering*.
I've read about the techniques, and I think It would be quite hard for me to get as far as any of you, mainly due to the fact that my body is naturally tense and nervous, and I am quite a heavy drinker. That probably has a dumbing affect on my *spirit*, but I can't help that.

Anyway, I am very interested in it, and if ANYONE wants to give me a guiding hand, some private words of advice (apart from stop drinking, because I'm too far gone for that
). I have always been a very *psychic* person, in that I have always been more susceptible to empathy, telepathy (I hate that word, it sounds cheesy but theres no other word for it) and experiencing ghosts/spirits. A lot of weird stuff happens to me, and every day I think about what it all means. In summary, I (quite arrogantly, but it's tough luck) believe I have a mind that is, shall we say, tuned for such things. I would agree that it has a lot to do with the most basic thing, believeing that the stuff can actually happen.

I've been rambling now, as I don't really know what to say....so I'll just add one more little sentence to try and sum it up -

I want someone to give me some advice, some guidance. I strongly believe I can do it, and what people like RG has been describing has sounded like the *thing* i Have been searching for for the past couple of years, that way of seeing outside the material world, that way of experiencing the other side and seeing the world in a different way.

Ah, well I've probably just made half the board think I'm crazy, so I'll leave it there.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well Chebob,
You sound just like me prior to my request being granted via this site(except for the heavey drinking part).......I SPENT....seriously, 25 years working toward the OOBE experiance on my own to no avail.

I would come and 'yank' you myself if I could.......ALL the seekers who have requested help in this thread my heart goes out to and would come and 'yank' every dang one of you if I had that kind of control.
Maybe someday I will, but then again maybe I never will be able to do that for anyone....
......I HOPE to someday, because I feel I OWE this favor since I was gifted with this ability in the way that it came to me....

The tecniques listed on this thread are ~FABULOUS~ and just keep trying, because its a REAL thing.....and CAN be attained by megar humans such as myself.....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey Goddess...... can u describe what exactly the 'vibes' are , and quite possibly, how to get them.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi RiverGodess:
Sorry for the delay but I can't visit the forum more than once, possibly twice per week...don't think I was ignoring you

I get the rushing sound too: always have since my first obe 30yrs ago or so...dating myself to the max

I posted the hypothetical physical causes simply as an alternative to those who insist on more "mystical" explanations, not in hope of convincing you or changing your opinion, ok? One nice thing about forums such as this is that one is exposed to opinions that span the entire spectrum of possibilities. If my alternatives don't fit your experience, it's no big deal to me....I just thought I'd run it up the old flagpole.
No big whoop.
As to posting my own experiences, well, I spent 3or so years on another forum doing just that...and having wonderfully electric discussions with super-skeptics...ad infinitum....or ...nauseum, actually. I'm burnt out, and just don't have the time to properly lay it all out. You might want to try the Usenet archives under alt.out-of-body....if you're that interested.
Hope you understand.
I'll simply pipe in when the time and subject piques my interest and not worry too much about formally stating an opinion, experience, etc.
Thanks for your reply and your interest.
BB

q[uote]Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
hello BubbaBak....

I never for a second thought you were being anti OOBE or bashing me and my experiance.......I APPRECIATE your contribution to this train of thought.

Ive wanted to go to the Monroe Institute and experiance the HEMI SYNC tecnique for a long while, but have been unable due to distance. Well....and cashflow to
Hencewise this entire thread, and my begging the world at large for HELP OUT of my body........I am truly blessed to have been given this gift via the internet. Thank the heavens and earth for ATS!!!!!!

Would you be willing to share MORE of your experiances in this realm? Im am sure I am not the only one who is curious.....Ive read about the HEMI SYNC tecnique in the Robert Monroe books.........I dont think people are aware that there is a place to go to...to focus on getting OUT of your body, in a scientific setting that brings upon oneself personal astral travel.I know a person can go to this place to enable the experiance. I also know that a person can purchase the equipment to facilitate the OOBE experiance in the manner they say works best. Would you mind taking some time to SHARE with us all WHAT that is like? Maybe you can even tell us how much this experiance in such a setting can cost a person? I doubt it that it comes cheap

Also.....I know very well what the sound of my blood pumping in my ears sounds like....even close to sleep.....even in REM....and the sound Im trying to explain is NOT the same!
This SOUND of the ~rushing wind~ I am hearing at the onsett of OOBE is a new thing for me.......it is new, but at the same time sounds so familiar that MAYBE your right in claiming its common.
It was NEW....when I first heard it in my first real OOBE, now I hear this when I can GET OUT......its the ~signal~ per say....or ~the doorway~ as it opens for me to go through it............maybe? I cant SAY for sure, I can only relate what I am hearing during this experiance......the sound does not continue throughout the OOBE experiance, its only at the beginning......and dissapates once I am fully OUT. It returns during the process of my return to my body, and goes away once Im am again fully IN my body.

I am thinking its the sound....of the differant dimentions OPENING UP, when they clash together or mesh, enough to make my exit possible...or anyones for that matter.....its a sound unique unto itself....like the way the sound of a waterfall is unique to itself. Like the sound of a roller coaster is unique too itself.

This sound is UNIQUE, yet familiar somehow....
I would not be surprised at all if THIS is the sound a baby hears when it first comes into this world, or its the sound a person hears when they are passing away from this life....

I do NOT think it is the sound of some kind of brain freeze, or brain contortion.......I believe any person who is actually capable of OOBE can attest to the fact that this sound is unique to OOBE.
Robert Monroe's books never mention this ~ noise ~ and Im feel like a lummex talking about it, but Im NOT making this up. I am also willing to hold discourse on the TRUE NATURE of this ~sound~ it seams to be a VIBRATION...that I can hear.
The vibration of moving between realitys..... maybe? I cant make any claims for sure......I am yet a novice, making my meager attemt to DENY IGNORANCE!!!

Concious OOBE is a REAL thing that is attainable to human beings.

and so it is..............

[edit on 9-1-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hi All

Not posted on this thread for a while, ive been busy reading books on AP - in particular Robert Monroes "Journeys out of the body"... I've also since bought one of the Hemi-Sync CD's off Itunes and have found it good to get relaxed

I'm currently on a free online course on AP - www.mysticweb.org... would very much recommend it!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join