It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess........maybe I should try to OOBE to Mars and let ya know WHAT color it really is????
~~~~~
I have a new goal
~~~~~ Mars!

Hi RG!!

Mars will be RED , or so I believe, but *please* visit there and come back (safely!!) to tell us we've all been misled over the past few millenia!!

As for titles - Daddy/ brother? - friend will do nicely, thanx very much!!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh wow! I am so jealous of you right now. I have tried to do this on my own steam as well a few times and got close once but snapped back out of panic the one time that it did start to work.
I would love to feel that freedom if only for a minute or two. What a rush that must have been.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I know exactly WHAT you mean Neph...if I had read this post and it wanst ME, I would be kicking myself for not thinking of it first. I too... had the issue of starting OOBE and fear kicking in and BLAM it was over.....nuttin. Just another failed attempt. Ive learned that conquering the fear is the first step.

Genya, I think I may be being 'a little overzelous' in a Mars attempt at this juncture....
since I am just working on getting out and back in to FEEL safer to me, but ya never know........besides how could Mars not B red when it LOOKS red to the nekkid eye? Maybe soon...or maybe in a few years, I WILL confirm that via OOBE...

Folks on this thread looking for advise? There are 2 posted tecniques ON this thread.....they are VERY GOOD advise, and very similar, but differantly worded. I can add nothing to those tecniques, but I am practicing them.....BEST advise I have gotten.....maybe you want to copy them down for personal use as I have done? Just a thought......

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i had a "weird" expierance a few nights ago but i never concidered oobe as a possabilaty i was typing at my computer and it was around 3:00am and then BAM i looked at the clock and it was around 6:00am i couldent belive it i dident have ANY recollection of what happened in that 3 hours could this be an uncouncious oobe??

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by iamabeliver]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
go back in time and tell me where i left my other sock at, pleasseee
naw im just kidding. see some dinosaurs or something. or other galaxies. dont go to boring mars.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow, really cool. Congrats on your sucsess RiverGodess. ^.^ I haven't ever had an OBE and I'm rather young and filled with curiousity. I'll have to try a few things. Advice would be great. U2U me anyone who has advice on starting out. thankies! ^.^

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
ok, firstly i have to say to RG that what you explained of what happened to you is amazing, gives me that spark of life that there is something more to this world than what it seems. i personally have had two OOBE's, well.. one partial when i knew it happened, and another where it just hit me outta no where. i think i've explained my previous experiences before in a thread somewhere, but i will again, perhaps to show people what step i used.

my first, the one that got me into it happened about two years ago. i already was a pretty sound spiritual person, believed that anything is possible (key factor for OOBE). and at this time in my life, i guess i was your average teenager looking for escape, away from school, parents, and all the #ty expectations we go through. but anyways, i got home one day and just collapsed on my bed. it was at this time that i sunk into a rapturous state of happiness that i've never felt before, ever, like i was truely dosed in love. it was amazing, i've never felt anything like that ever, even to this date. i started to think about a special someone who i really really cared about, my longing to be with her, and then thats when i noticed that i was on my way before i knew it. i was over my house, rising into the air, past the trees. everything was soo vibrant in colour, the sun was so refreshing. of course when i fully realised what was happening, i sorta snapped out of it and was back on my bed.

the second one happened after about a few months of me being on ATS, i'd keep reading all the interesting information that got me really pyshced up. then one night after work, after being on ATS, i decided to do it, i stated it mentally and verbally before i layed into bed. that's when i started to apply the vipassana meditation technique i learned at a 10 day retreat when i was 16 (check it out if you can, its amazing). the whole session took about one and a half hours. so about 45mins through the numbness kicked it. i was still quite awake and aware. except that at this point you feel as if you lose definition, in the material sense, in other words, your foot is no different than your hand. just to double check, and to give assurance to any scepticism, i tried slowly moving my mouth, and a finger or two, which i did with ease, though slowly, to keep myself at that vibration. it was then that i noticed that any physical movement can bring you out of it, depending on the speed of movement, which you have to replace with time and patience. at this point i was kinda curious of what the rest of my body was upto, so i somehow was able to veiw the lower part of my torso and feet without lifting my head or opening my eyes at all. my entire body was glowing white, and everything around me was black. so it was then that i figured that something surely was going on. though the only problem there was that i didnt exactly know what to do next, so i was just boyant, floating in my body loosly for a while. i then decided that i'd give it a break and quite easily moved towards getting a drink of water, and then i just fell asleep.

so those are the main two events of OOBE in my life so far. it hasn't been until the recent that i've started to attempt it again, but haven't exactly been able to get to the stages i had before. i'll either fall asleep, or like in one afternoon, just when i go numb, a bug bites me, damn that hurt. maybe it was a sign or something. i dunno. then last night, it was the first time i sensed what you could call a somewhat evil unpleasant presence. this was during the state where i was asking for assistance from any other adept beings. i felt that it was hard to concentrate on loving thoughts, and whenever i briefly opened my eyes, black swirls were moving in the dark and i could catch the face of an unpleasant character every now and then above my head. the only way i could repel it was to drop the connection and just go to sleep.

now i tend to think that im a fairly advanced spiritual person when it comes to philosophising and whatnot, but the OOBE realm has really been an interesting challenge for me. something that i find purpose in, as my material life seems to be pretty confusing right now. so if anyone, you've heard my story. if you could assist or know anyone who could, U2U me or something.

wow, that was a lot of typing... til later. feel free to ask me anything, if anyone is confused or curious. chow.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Defeance, Sounds cool! Must have been fun floatin round your house! You said something about asking spirits to help you. I wouldnt do that bro, you never know what you might get. I would be freaked out to see black swirls in my room and a face every now and then floating around. You should try and find an actual person that will help you or do it yourelf/

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
yeah ricta, it was definately something amazing. and i wasnt exactly searching for spirits pre say, but more along the lines of someone who could pick up on my call. well either way, my plea for help or advise still stands through ATS. what i felt mostly about it all is the sense or purpose, and maybe a little curiousity, but thats only natural at first i presume. theres a whole reality out there that people dream about, and the best thing is that its right in front of us, accessible to anyone. im gonna try it again tonight!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
wow it seems like most people know how to do it except me
....but im on my way

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
me too, i finally leave my body with the help of a friend and we both get scared half to death by some, creature in my place and return to our bodies. it looked sorta like what Shadow of Light said. I'm also relising my natural empath abilities and all i felt from that thing was total hate. What was it. My friend says we ended up on the lower planes some how.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have NO wish to wind up in lower planes. I dont WANT to have to fight SOMETHING for who gets my body.I do NOT want to fear for the saftey of my body while I am OUT.........

Does anyone have any precausionary tecniques of protection? I am aware how to surround myself in love and light...and to speel aloud that my aura is CLOSED TO ALL BUT THE CHRIST AND I AM SELF..........

is this enough?
is this protection tecnique enough????
Please advise....ANYONE?

Anybody?

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So....as an update

A few days back, my helper friends was coming through Salt lake City and we met up for breakfast......and chatting

I must say this person is very evolved, much more so then I am
I am working on it though......they gave me 2 books to read. And they had ALOT of great advise for me to use in my life right now.......

I must say it WAS a bit strnge to meet this person, for during the OOBE they seamed to me to be a ball of light. Meeting in the flesh definatly is more solid than that....and they did NOT resemble a ball of light
They seamed like any normal human being.
I had THOUGHT that you 'might' be able to JUST TELL when you met a person of evolved phychic avilitys...but no, you cant tell by looking.
There was something VERY compelling about their eyes though, like I have looked 'deeply into' them before.........

Anyway it was a nice breakfast and it was fun!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow looks like this topic has been abondend for awhile. Anyway as soon as I got into ATS I went found out about SP and OOBE's and stuff and I becuase really envious
. Anyway I have tried to do it already but was worken up in the process by my cat
(next time i will remember to remove him from the area :lol
. Anyway i was just wondering, in order to OOBE does one need to do it at a specific time? Does it help to do it sometime after midnight? I dont immagine that it would work during the day becuase there are too many distraction/light to get in the way but what is the ideal time, if there is one.

I guess everyone is getting into this OOBE'ing buzz in ATS (except the extream sceptics) and i now want to try it for myself : ). Er, its kina hard to immagine what it would be like... LOL i remember when i was a kid i used to play games in my mind
. It was always a good past time on those long car rides

Here are the things that i know that you have to do:

-Eat the right food
-Be relaxed
-Concentrate on leaving your body
-Belive in yourslef
-Do not get to excited or emotional
-Avoid distractions

If there is anything that I am missing can you plz add it to my list
. It would be a great help. I have a lot of time on my hands lately cause i just got a new job with better pay and better hours, so i have more time to practise.

Finally i would like to congratulate all of you who have reached it and like most have said already i am very envious. I guess thats the wrong approtch so i will have to put that aside and concentrate on the task at hand.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I had a link to "A Treatise to Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce...it helps a lot

His book "Astral Dynamics" I just bought and it seems very good and am interested on finishing it...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i was close to leaving my body.....i felt vibrations but then it felt like i was going to die so i just gave up trying...........it was the coolest thing ever but i couldnt do it...........

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
sounds fun!!!! if anyone wants to come and "yank" me out of my body, then be my guest!!! and if no one does i will be very hurt
o and can that person u2u me PPLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!! i promise i wont give away your id.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by demonhunter]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I tried to once again today just now and after about 20 minutes of sucsessful meditation my body twitched me out. I couldnt stop twitching. Is this normal?? Then once i opened my eyes i had a head rush and i was all cross eyed

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
hi River, welcome to the Astral club

i am glad that you finaly get it.

greetings.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OOBE's are an unknown to me. I had never really heard of them until I came to ATS. But I have never paid any attention to any of the threads about this topic up until now. I guess I was more focused on other topics on ATS that I was interested in. So I have a few questions:

Are the terms OOBE and astral projection synomynous?

Is being out of body supposedly how it will be for us after we die, or is it a different thing?

How does your physical body remain living if you leave it? How does it not shut down? Are there limits on how long or often it's safe to be out of body?

Does it make you really tired after you do it?

This phenomena sounds really intriguing to me. I would love to do it if it turns out to be safe. As a christian however, I'm aware that there are dark forces in the spirit realm as well like demons, and so that makes me a bit wary. Does anyone have information on that?

A lot of questions there, but I really appreciate any help. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join