It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of America, “Gone Without a Whimper”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Remember one thing from history. When the colonists went to war against Britain for independence, only 6% of the total population went to war, the rest went back to their daily routines, some of them even became loyalists and fought against the colonists (they were called the green coats). Now think about it this way, if even just 10% of our entire population woke up and was ready to do something about it, the government would be facing some really heavy numbers that cannot easily be dismissed as "just a group of rabble rousers" we could in essence pose a significant threat, just with 10%

The only problem I see is with the bunch of Obama loyalists that even if they don't fight against us directly, they would still make our lives hell because they don't believe in the true America, they want us to turn into Cuba or Venezuela and live under a dictatorship. Since apparently they're too lazy and need the govt. to do everything for them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Please don't take this in the wrong way Sarge, but the more you tell us of the feats of your russian wife, the more jealous I am of you. You lucky SOB
Then again, I always did have a thing for women that make me "stand on my feet" intellectually so to speak (yeah yeah, I dated the "nerdy" girls he he, but trust me... well worth it)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Tea Party movement was originally a Libertarian response, the conservatives picked it up later; this to me gives it a bit more credibility. Americans should be getting to the point where they are fed up with the government and it's lies that they can buy their way out of this economic catastrophe. This is text book secretive warfare, create a problem large enough to convince the people they need to give someone a ridiculous amount of control to fix.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Bro, you do NOT know the half of it! The woman scares me as she can cut through more bull than Irish butcher on overtime! Plus she is a DEAD shot with an AK, blonde blue eyed babe; DO NOT GET HER MAD! (I really was blessed to find this one!)

[edit on 6/2/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk

While I supported and voted for legislation (S.2271) that resulted from those efforts, I was disappointed that S.2271 did not include important civil liberties protections that previously passed the Senate. Sincerely, Carl Levin

The part I cut out above is precisely why you should start a loud drive to fire this miscreant.

If a bill goes against your grain, and more importantly, against the constitution, and the will of your constituency...

DON"T FREAKIN' VOTE FOR IT!

The man needs to be FIRED, at the very least. He can't even, from his own words, stand up for his own conscience.

How can he stand up for yours?

nenothtu out

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
People in the USA are waking up, but they have a long history of being "law abiding" citizens. That is why they were called the "Silent Majority" by the political thugs in the past,( V.P. Agnew coined the phrase before he was found out to be a crook ). The politicians take it for granted that MOST of the population will not get off their backsides. Lawful protests are something they don't readily identify with... those perceptions need to be changed.

The people know something is "wrong" in the country but they are looking for someone to "tell" them what to do. The Tea Parties gave them a chance to DO something. So this is a good indication that they will get off their butts. We just have to come up with better ways that they can STAND-UP.

I say "we" because, just as it was only about five percent of citizens that joined the fight for independence, it takes only a small number of LEADERS to mobilize others into taking action. I hope that those of us on this site can be those LEADERS.

Let's collaborate, here, on ways / ideas that can help others in the USA,( that aren't members of ATS - yet ) to DO SOMETHING to stop the approaching "Tyranny Train" that is headed our way. On tracks that WE PAID FOR!!!

Then we can take the best of those ideas and introduce them to those outside of ATS and get things moving... we need to do this quickly VERY QUICKLY.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

I'm not sure if I myself would qualify to be one of those leaders. I'd fight of course. But I think some here would agree that I might have a bit of a temper problem when I talk passionately about any certain topic. It might be detrimental if anything when leading troops.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm just breezing through this thread and noticed it was initiated by criticism from a Russian source.

Now I just happen to know a lot about Russia and it's culture. Some academic background and a lot of personal relationships. I read their papers untranslated.

I respect them greatly as I do any culture that actually reads, thinks, and discusses serious issues.

But the Russian journalist class today, largely spokesmen for the party line take great comfort in finding fault with the US and supposedly degenerate Western Capitalist society.

There biggest beef is that even though they've embraced capitalism and Western values for two decades now, most of them will not ever see the comfort, ease, and luxury that we just take for granted

The average Russian, if they are lucky to live in an Eastern metropolis like Moscow or St Petersburg, have a standard of living lower than that of poor urban blacks in rust belt cities like Detroit or Cleveland.

They have the smarts and the worldliness to be real contenders in our culture and know it. But are trapped in a country with an almost Third World economy.

They're angry, resentful, but mostly jealous. They are justifiably critical of no-knowledge dimwits in the US who are well paid, living in what Russians would consider luxury, getting laid, having fun.

Russian life is no picnic. Most can't afford to have children any more. The country's population decreases by an astounding rate of three quarters of a million people every year. Life expectancy is a decade or two shorter than in the US. Men often die in their 50s. Alcohol consumption and now cheap heroin is endemic to the society. It's more an exception than the rule to find a young guy living in Russia who isn't an alcoholic by our standards.

We're soft, we're stupid, we're spineless, we deserve to fall, according to some Russian intellectual.

The Russians are more knowledgeable than we are. They may be tougher. But after 20 years of nominal freedom they have a Russian Mafiya run state, have not seen improvement in the standard of living most. The common man has largely withdrawn into alcoholism and depression realizing their superior intelligence has made little difference in the quality of life for them.

The US may fail. Russia already has.

Mike

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero

And you should face the fact that a fiat monetary system (one of the many TYPES of captialism) is the only way that a post-computerized and progressing society can function (and if you say no then name one single other system that has produced cheap computers, a moon landing, and now cheap genome sequencing even)... and that the constitution was written by guys that were rich and used to a society that emerged from 1000 years of the church enforcing social norms... since the church doesn't do that anymore because we are FREE who does that lave to do it then, hmm? Or how bout that the average person in the United States lives a lifestyle that was reserved for royalty even 500 years ago with access to food, shelter, education, any information they practically care to in just a few seconds. Stop being a retard please. If you wanna go off into the boonies I'm sure the gov't could care less so long as you aren't trespassing. In the interim get off this darpa project offshoot... ie the internet.

First off in Capitalism there is no such thing as a Central Bank. I don't know what idiot college professor rammed that down your ignorant throat and I don't care. The fact is, there are millions of you monkeys running around talking at great length about subjects you know nothing about. Capitalism is diametrically opposite from central economic planning, which is something that is done by regulation of a currency. Why in the hell you think the United States is capitalist is beyond me. Probably saw it on Olbermann.

Secondly, the founders where deists, and didn't give a crap about the church. Thomas Jefferson even had his own version of the bible he made. Was called the Jefferson bible. Google it.

Third, ROYALTY WAS NOT IN DEBT UP TO THEIR EYEBALLS TO LIVE THE LIFE THEY DID. How's the good life working out for everyone now? Ask the people who work for GM. Or the rest of the 500k that loose their jobs every single month along with everything else they have. Is that the great society you speak of?

Fourth, No fiat currency has lasted more than 150 years. The Chinese had a few, that lasted longer, but they were currency by Law, not by fiat. Throughout the entire history of mankind Fiat currencies have always been destroyed, and they have always brought down the nation they were used in. They are not new, they are not some great new enlightened idea. They have been around for eons. They typically die like this. Inflation, Deflation, inflation correction, deflation correction, Hyper Inflation. At which point price controls come into play, which leads to massive shortages of very kind of product you can think of, including food and energy. Then the inevitable commoner uprising. It always happens, every....single....time, going all the way back to Hammurabi in ancient Babylon.

For you to even think that Fiat monetary units are a vital function of capitalism is by far the most uneducated, and ignorant BS I have ever seen anyone, post or say on any topic remotely related to economics anywhere. And I have literally been all over the world.

Un-fraken-believable. Samuel Adams said it best, and it certainly applies to you.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

—Samuel Adams

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Since you bring up a good point on currency and you seem knowledgeable on the subject. What are your thoughts on a currency like the Colonial Scrip that was used during and after the war of independence? It was essentially a type of currency that had NO backing (gold or silver etc.) BUT that being said, it had NO debt/interest attached to it either. Only the colonial govt. at the time had the right to print it (personally, as it should be, as it is written)

Apparently, it is speculated that this was one of the reasons why we were able to flourish so well as a nation. We had a currency that allowed us to buy essentials, and though it was worthless, it didn't matter either because it's not like we ended up "owing" any interest to any bank.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Regardless of how this thread started,( yes Russia is in deep trouble but we should be pointing at them as our 'canary' in the mine - what was done TO THEM is about to be done TO US ), it is a valid opinion or comment on the USA at this time.

My point is what shall we do about it...

The time is NOW for a "bottom up" movement to stop the powers that be - before they complete the last phase of the decades long plan to bury the US as a world leading nation.

I'm looking for those here on ATS who want to work together to put forward ideas that can help reverse this mess. No one else is going to do it for us.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question

On that topic... Interesting thing, I actually happen to remember reading that one with enough computer hacking knowledge. One could essentially build a cheap "TV station" so to speak, where you could send a TV signal of your video (ron paul) have it interfere with the MSM signal, and instead of people watching NBC or whatever, they can end up watching what YOU choose them to see. The brilliant part of this? You can easily built it on to a moving vehicle, use a laptop as well, making it difficult for you to be accurately traced (since you're constantly on the move)

So if any patriots out there have enough knowledge on this, you might consider this an option to get the message out there to people

That WAS true, but i believe the 'Digital TV Revolution' was designed with just that in mind. With a digital box, it's simple as can be to lock out unauthorized signals, and they can broadcast a signal to the box, via the TV carrier, to do just that as soon as the unauthorized signal is detected.

Y'all didn't REALLY think that bit of legislation was shoved through in the middle of the night, without public disclosure until it was a done deal, just to give you more cell phone bandwidth, did you?

That's a cover story. Analog TV and Digital cell phones operate in entirely different realms. Ditto for the emergency comms, and all their other excuses.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by SGTChas

You have got to be nutz... what does a Russian Rag know about America?

Puhlease!

This coming from the man who preaches how we're all interconnected?

Go back to sleep, sonny. Us grownups are talking right now.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Question

Law money is made by decree of the state. Like Fiat, it's power will fade once the governing body requires more. IE to pay for war, purchase land, and provide for social services. The colonials used said currency to free themselves from forced indebtedness to the Bank of England. It did not last long, because the founders knew that though it is better than Fiat(because historically it lasts longer), it would nevertheless fall due to the supreme idiocy of central governments, because it has the same endgame that Fiat does.

Our Constitution says plainly that gold and silver should be used as legal tender, because unless you have a Philosopher's Stone, the inflation rate is about 1.01% per year. This is due to limited supply of gold, and industrial uses of the metal. With a government unable to create money out of "thin air", declaring war becomes immensely more difficult. Because the majority of precious metals would be in circulation, not in a government coffer, or falling out of a printing press. In Fact the government paying for 90% of the things they pay for now would become nearly impossible. Which is good for the population, because less money in government hands under a gold standard would translate into more money in common hands.

The above is how America became the greatest, most free, peaceful, and technologically advanced industrial trading power the world had ever seen throughout the entire scope of human history. But take a look at what changed since 1913( the year the Federal Reserve was created), perpetual war, boom and bust cycles, severe drop in education rankings, increased debt on a scale never seen or heard of in any lifetime at any point in history.

In short... if the power to regulate money is in government hands, it's over. But in the hands of the people, it becomes a force of creation.

Progressives want a progressive idea? Bring back the gold standard.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by aravoth]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by Question

I have been in IT for 11 years and do very senior level infrastructure / server / network administration for very large organizations.

Just trust me when I say that would not be so easy to do much less from a moving vehicle and a laptop. Not going to happen. In fact near impossible.

You have a better chance of Obama getting on TV and telling the truth himself.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

Would you agree that the 'Digital TV Revolution' is an example of 'Trusted Computing' at it's finest?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Standard, canned responses to non-events, after the first two lines.

Got anything NEW?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I did not read the article but did you hear Obama likes dijon mustard!? OMG!!11one!!BSXAH!!1TRait!or!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Exactly why I have voted against this tool for years! If he and his counterparts don't vote their conscience, WTH are we keeping them in there for???

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by total newbie

Ok you lost me on that one... what are you trying to say????

I think he's just sleepy. They get so cranky sometimes when it's past their bedtime....

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I read the article really quickly, and I have to say that it seems spot-on at first glance.

reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry, couldn't help myself (obviously, the date has changed):

files.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join