It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow, this is all over the radio here in Dallas, right next door to Mansfield.

Callers are foaming at the mouth. I don't blame 'em, this is absolutely disgusting. Some people......

-Dev

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
If he/she was an iraqi and was extremely upset by the sight of an american flag, wouldn't it be even worse living in america?

Good american civilians far outnumber neocons, pro-war politicians and even troops all put together.

Being anti-war and anti-invasion is becoming more and more american than what you seem to perceive it to be.

Patriotims doesn't HAVE to mean pro-big govt.

I agree that it was a stupid thing to complain about, no argument there.

But be clear on what patriotism means

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Wow, this is all over the radio here in Dallas, right next door to Mansfield.

Callers are foaming at the mouth. I don't blame 'em, this is absolutely disgusting. Some people......

-Dev

Texas (were I am) doesn't take likely to people against the flag or the bible. Loose on cigs though, but that destroys our cowboy image.

Texas won't take likely to this, I wouldn't be surprised, well maybe a little, if the woman got a few threatning phone calls to her house, or letters of hate and murder.

It's sad the reactions of most, but i'm sure it could be resolved in a calm and respectable way.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I dont remember Republican08 saying anything about being pro-war or pro-big government.

I guess you will be in heaven when the whole country is anti-war and the Chinese or the crazy Muslim extremists come a knockin' on the door. Maybe they will go home if we be extra nice to them and say you cant have war with us because we dont believe in it anymore.

Did you ever stop to think that if our forefathers were antiwar we would be part of England. Or if Abraham Lincoln was antiwar, African Americans would still be slaves. Or if FDR was antiwar we would all be speaking GermaJapanese.

Nobody wants war, but it is a lesser of two evils when you cant get to the right solution through peaceful negotiation.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
wrong thread .. oops my bad.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So the really sad part is that if she had wanted to burn the flag, that would be protected under her right to free speech.

But heaven forbid she actually wants to display it.

Well that's just outrageous.

I just want to say to everyone who is offended by our country or what is in our country, then get out. No one is keeping you here.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The article goes on to say that it was more than just the one person that complained about it.

Later, they let the flag be put back up and clarified that it was about the size of the flag, not that flag itself, that the complaints were based about.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I guess her supervisor was quite strict on the appearance of the place... ie nothing non standard. There are people like this. The supervisor may even like the flag but think they're just doing their job.
It's the kind of story tabloid papers in the UK go crazy for. Don't blow it out of proportion, that's a tabloid trick.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
This reminds me of the story where the owner of a PRIVATE restaurant/bar put up a sign saying something to the effect of speak english to get served here. He said he put it up because he does not have translators and non-English speaking people would come in and nobody would know what they wanted. Courts ruled he had to take his sign down. And it was his private business!

So don't give me that private businesses can do what they want crap.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Discriminating against people who speak a certain language is quite different than someone decorating their office space and a boss saying "no".

Most places I have worked there has been a strict dress code. One place I worked, I was called into my boss' office saying I was not dressing appropriately (meaning too casual). It being a private business I had to abide by the rules of the office.

Another office I worked in would not let us decorate our "space" (office/cubicle) with personal belongings because customers often were in our offices/cubicles.

Look, I don't agree with what this person did by telling her to take the flag down - I proudly display it. But when it comes to a private business - usually it is a fine line.

Lucky for her, enough people complained, she got her flag back up and did not have to take it to court.

I tend to know more criminal law and not civil law - so I can not say if she would have a case or not. But I think nationality/language discrimination is not nearly the same as being able to decorate an office space with a flag. I could be wrong though. Im sure someone here knows civil law.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We can be sure that the supervisor who wanted the flag taken down is now being watched by the government.

Some places prohibit the confederate flag from being displayed. If we keep going down the politically correct path, could the American Flag be next?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
We can be sure that the supervisor who wanted the flag taken down is now being watched by the government.

Some places prohibit the confederate flag from being displayed. If we keep going down the politically correct path, could the American Flag be next?

I dunno about that. The supervisor was just being a stupid "yes man" for his bosses. If the government is watching anyone it's the other supervisors in that office and have already figured out who was "offended" by the flag and are actively watching and listening to him/her.

As an add to this conversation, I do think everyone ought to be concerned as to "why" someone is offended by the sight of the flag of the country in which they live. This could easily be a dead giveaway for a real extremist.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I love this country. Anyone can feel whatever they like about the American flag and everyone is always so accepting of their feelings. I mean, where would this country be if people issued death threats just because someone didn't like the American flag, huh?

Seriously, though, I'll buy the excuse they are giving. A 3 foot by 5 foot flag in a cube farm is WAY TOO BIG. I'd be willing to bet that a small flag that wasn't so "in your face" would not have been a problem.

On the flip side, I would be just as likely to ignore it anyway. Why complain over something so trivial?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
None of you know this woman's personality, the circumstances surrounding the event or who all was involved. For all you know the woman is some crazy I believe in everything the government says nut and put the flag up in some sort of pissing match with one of her co-workers. I personally wouldn't like to barraged with a big obnoxious American flag in my space either.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, we have the little flag decals on all of the entrance/exit doors where I work. This is America, it is our flag, if you don't like it, STFU or get out.

It is really sad that this happened. It reminds me of a story a while back where the Hispanics flew the Mexican flag above the American flag and the veteran tore them both down and got in all sort of trouble. Apparently is is okay to fly another nations flag with the American flag, but it must be underneath it. Same with the state flags, they fly below the American flag. If you are from another country and have a problem with our flag then you don't belong here. Period.

Another example of this is against my belief, so I'll complain and whine.

Of course, where I am in the south, we are like Texas as well, leave the flag and the bible and our tobacco alone.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd have to say I'd be spending some time unemployed after that. It is unacceptable that they'd ask someone to take a flag down. How about 'could you get a smaller flag? That one's a little big for a cubicle. Thanks.'

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Unless I had some type of retirement account that wouldn't transfer to another company, I wouldn't stay working for them. How could you go back to work knowing how spineless, lying and pathetic the coworkers and management are?

There are plenty of good American's in this country, but I believe that society has crossed the event horizon and America as we had known it to be or as envisioned, is done for.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Being here listening to this on a local radio station had me so damned mad I was screaming at the radio in my truck.
Got a problem with the flag that represents the freedom that so many (including my own family members) have fought and died for????
Can't hang a friggin American flag on memorial day????
Got a problem with old glory but want our milk and honey, while you yourself wouldn't lift a finger to defend our nation????
Then you foriegn SOB , GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Pack your clothes, get on the next plane back to Africa (where it was reported this SOB was from).
I am so sick of multi-culturalism and all the other modern politically correct crap I am supposed to tolerate.
So Nancy Pelosi, if you're readin this go ahead and put me on your watch list. Maybe you should sit and have a glass of wine with the flag hater in Mansfield, Tx.
At least I have comfort knowing there are more patriotic, freedom loving Texans right here on ATS, then there are unwelcome (by me for sure) SOB's that are offended by the flag of the very country they chose to come to for making their living.
P.S. I'm finding more and more TX'ns here, we should hook up and have a conference.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

if your implying its the nwo most people dont even know they are involved be an independent thinker

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
Being here listening to this on a local radio station had me so damned mad I was screaming at the radio in my truck.
Got a problem with the flag that represents the freedom that so many (including my own family members) have fought and died for????
Can't hang a friggin American flag on memorial day????
Got a problem with old glory but want our milk and honey, while you yourself wouldn't lift a finger to defend our nation????
Then you foriegn SOB , GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Pack your clothes, get on the next plane back to Africa (where it was reported this SOB was from).
I am so sick of multi-culturalism and all the other modern politically correct crap I am supposed to tolerate.
So Nancy Pelosi, if you're readin this go ahead and put me on your watch list. Maybe you should sit and have a glass of wine with the flag hater in Mansfield, Tx.
At least I have comfort knowing there are more patriotic, freedom loving Texans right here on ATS, then there are unwelcome (by me for sure) SOB's that are offended by the flag of the very country they chose to come to for making their living.
P.S. I'm finding more and more TX'ns here, we should hook up and have a conference.

Yeah let's organize a conference! Then we'll round up all the flag haters and tar and feather them and chase them out of our country. After all they took our jobs! And they speak more articulately than us. Nothing but white christians should be allowed in America. Immigrants and flag haters are the cause for all our problems. It's time to start taking lives and chasing anyone who doesn't bow down to the flag the hell out of our country! We should start painting American flags on the windows of all immigrant businesses. Then round 'em up and put 'em in camps. For America!

...Or not

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Unbelievable !
They put it on the floor !!!
Idiots don't even know that it's against the flag laws to allow the flag to touch the ground

I am so sick of hearing about how something or other always offends somebody these days ! This country has become filled with a bunch of politically correct, spineless wusses
This crap wouldn't be allowed in another country. What happened to immigrants coming to America and becoming Americans and being proud of it ?

If our flag offends you there is a very simple solution, Get the hell out!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join