It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The African immigrant did NOT just complain, she took the flag DOWN and put it on the FLOOR.

That is offensive. How dare she? She is LUCKY to be allowed to live in this country. In all likelihood she has received PLENTY of assistance that allowed her to move here and create a new life, and she repays her new country by throwing their flag on the floor? Such arrogance!

I cannot imagine being ALLOWED to immigrate to a country and then daring to throw that country's flag on the floor, especially the flag of a coworker, a natural born citizen who's family has a long history of fighting and dying for their country.

It is rude, it is deplorable. She should be on the next boat back to her homeland where she won't have to be offended by Americans or their flag anymore!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Why don't you worry about what happens on your side of the border and let us worry about ours?

Your kind of quick to jump on our freedoms and our policies but I don't hear any Canadians complaining when they come here to get an operation their government wont pay for or attend an American college because McGill and UofT aren't as competitive as our top 50.

Short version: Mind your own country's business.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndofEvolution
Why don't you worry about what happens on your side of the border and let us worry about ours?

I was born in NY

Originally posted by TheEndofEvolution
Your kind of quick to jump on our freedoms and our policies but I don't hear any Canadians complaining when they come here to get an operation their government wont pay for or attend an American college because McGill and UofT aren't as competitive as our top 50.

Many americans come here to McGill and Concordia, do your homework
Too many americans come to Canada for medication pills.

Let me guess, out of emotion you made a very impulsive post without thinking first right?

You know very well im' sure that the number of americans coming to Canada for pills far outnumber coming to america for an operation.
And the number of americans going to India for operations far outnumber it too.

Have a nice day

EDIT: Was your post even on topic? My apologies for responding to you.
That was a personal attack and I fell for the bait!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Short version: Mind your own country's business.

LOL ok, i'll be sure to only give my opinon on Canadian content threads on this site, sorry I didn't know this was an american section of the interwebz. This is a PUBLIC forum, its designed for EVERYONES opinion. God some peoples arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I agree with you .....what will they say is offensive next. I am just amazed everyday it just keeps getting worse. I am at a loss for words on this one.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
you guys, maybe he meant the other government?

maybe the supervisor knows more about who controls America?

thats why he got pissed?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Although i agree it was rude...i think people should love their culture and the people of their country.Not a multi coloured piece of fabric.People though the centuries did not die for a flag they died for the people of their countries.A flag does not represent a country or symbolise it, the people represent a country and symbolise it.Although all that aside grabbing someones personal belongings and throwing it on the floor is just rude in any circumstance.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Although i agree it was rude...i think people should love their culture and the people of their country.Not a multi coloured piece of fabric.People though the centuries did not die for a flag they died for the people of their countries.A flag does not represent a country or symbolise it, the people represent a country and symbolise it.Although all that aside grabbing someones personal belongings and throwing it on the floor is just rude in any circumstance.

First of all it DOES represent American Veterans to the woman that hung it up on Memorial Day! Do you think it represents little green men from mars?

Why in the heck did she MOVE to the U.S. huh? Because the standard of living was better? The freedoms were better? The medicine? The government assistance? The schools?

Well guess what, that came from the American Citizens. And yes the flag DOES represent America. To immigrate to a country because it is better than where you come from and then to INSULT that country and its citizens is just plain WRONG!

How many other countries would even TOLERATE that? Plenty would NOT. Try that in Iran, or in Saudi Arabia, or in China, or in Mexico, and see how far that gets you! Especially if you were no doubt begging for citizen ship in their countries and probably begging to bring your other six dozen relatives over too!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sorry,while my view still stands on the whole flag issue i completely forgot it was put up on memorial day as a sign that she remembered fallen soldiers and this other woman threw it on the floor which is appaling,total brain fart,apologies.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boss DePlane
I agree with you. I am a patriotic American but like you have mentioned this is a shared work space at a private company. I understand it was the American flag but something that big would be a huge eye sore in a small office

What if she decided to wear clothes that had the American Flag on them? Probably larger than 3" x 5", huh?

Well I'm going to guess that there is probably a dress code that would prevent this type of dress so your point is mute. And if an employee tried to wear such an outfit, a superior would most likely tell the individual to change. Not because they were wearing an American Flag suit, but because that type of outfit would not be appropriate for a professional environment. Just as a 3' X 5' flag hanging in a shared office is not appropriate for a professional environment.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i dont see the problem with her having a flag in her cubicle but was it like hanging on the main wall or was it in her own space and was it big or small

i can see how it would be distracting and wouldnt be appropriate if it was all up in other peoples faces and #

i think its her right to have an american flag just like it the right of anyone to have whatever flag they want but its also the right of the other person to have it not invading their stuff as an eyesore

but someone pointed out that the other person might of been of a country not fond of america but but many americans dont like the flag becuase it now represent a tyrannical imposing and dictatorial govt and now one that the founding fathers envisioned thats why i dont believe we should have to say the pledge of the allegiance to the flag

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I can agree that taking the flag down and putting it on the ground was inappropriate just as hanging in the first place was. And taking it down and putting it on the ground is not inappropriate because its an American flag, its inappropriate because it was not her property. It would have been wrong to take down a giant framed family photo and put it on the ground.

I am curious how this thread would look if this person would have hung a confederate flag or a flag of a foreign country or what about a flag with a giant anarchy symbol on it. Would the reaction be the same?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
exactly the flag invaded the personal spaces of the other coworkers and if it would have been a diff country flag everyone would have complained about

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i cannot believe this! this is an outrage. our flag stands for what this country was founded upon. the principles for which many have died for, in order to create "a more perfect union" that people nowdays seem to spit upon, and take those liberties that it stands for and use them against it. its sickening. personally, i believe that if you are offended by our flag, and what it represents, you can leave this country.
________
in order for one to succeed, it matters not what you do, only that you do it.
-soldier of liberty

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join