It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts Spot Mysterious Ice Circles in World's Deepest Lake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Astronauts Spot Mysterious Ice Circles in World's Deepest Lake

www.wired.com

Astronauts aboard the International Space Station noticed two mysterious dark circles in the ice of Lake Baikal in April. Though the cause is more likely aqueous than alien, some aspects of the odd blemishes defy explanation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Pic from the article:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b866cc0b443a.jpg[/atsimg]

How could warm upwelling create a ring, and not a hole? They need to get some scientists down there to figure out what the cause is. Seems like a pretty important phenomena to understand, be it natural or something else.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Its the begining of the particle stream from the blackhole created by CERN that sunk to the center of the earth. OH NOES!

jk =d

Looks cool they definately need to figure out what is doing this. Two possibilities, something strange thats a rare event or a flying saucer landed on the ice and cracked it
Im thinking its just a strange event.

Side note: Putting edited at the bottom of a post you edited 5 seconds later is retarded. God I hate the way this board works, worst Ive ever posted on.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ummm that's kinda scary man
looks like something is developping.

can't be just heat, or it wouldn't form such a nice circle... would it?

could there be some type of vaccum underneath there causing concentric circles, which would then create a nicely shaped circle above?

And there are two of them, look at both locations
they are kind of at opposite ends of a given area... kind of

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What about a directed energy weapon?

Why would someone WANT to melt ice? Some type of weather mod?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ok guys come on, this is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer. They are giant drains like you find in bathtubs.

On a serious note very interesting formations to say the least. Would a small fissure releasing warm magma or gasses cause this?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

Exactly as I was thinking: a circular fissure from an old vulcano crater.

But there are two and they seem exactly the same size.

Talking about size, there's no mention of the diameter of these circles.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

I am assuming NASA might be in trouble for releasing this story. I dont' thnk they'd want us or anybody poking around too much with some anomolie in a frozen lake.

I'm sure they know what it is, probably just caught the ISS people off guard. Didn't get the memo that day that they were pulling up Megatron

No but really, there isn't any more information cause the Agency didn't want to give us any. Just a light and nice fluffy story for us.

~Keeper

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Looks as though something landed and made the ice crack to me..

Any one else feel the same way?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Isn't Lake Baikal the one that has shrunk so dramatically in size or is that the Aral sea?

I just googled it and it is the Aral sea that has lost 90%.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Probably... so if some alien landed there... then they wanted to leave a mark on purpose otherwise they would have landed on land.

So we got here a new kind of crop circles - Ice Circles!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This looks like the work of the silver surfer
nah is a strange image, it may be caused by a feature underneath the ice however if this is the worlds deepest lake then another cause might need to be thought up

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

Hey, why not? Remember the ole "Kilroy Was Here????"

But it does look as though some force has created the ice to crack.....can't say for sure as I was not there to witness.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Haha I was kidding a bit with ice circles, but I just googled them and there's plenty of stuff about them.

I don't have much time to read it all, so go ahead guys I'll be here waiting for your conclusions.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by savageheart

It's hard to say. The ring doesn't appear to match the shape of the cracks. Some smaller ice circles in ponds have been associated with swirling currents, but 2 huge circles in 1 lake with cracking ice seems unnatural. It's such a rare thing to see 1 small circle let alone 2.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is on NASA's site The picts here you can download get in closer then wired.

The top one looks like it has a crack right through the center.
Pic one direct link

Pic two link

also in fine print at hte bottom ( for those who are interested )

Astronaut photograph ISS019-E-10556 was acquired on April 25, 2009 with a Nikon 2DXs digital camera fitted with a 400mm lens, and is provided by the ISS Crew Earth Observations experiment and Image Science & Analysis Laboratory, Johnson Space Center. The image in this article has been cropped and enhanced to improve contrast.

I also wanted to see if this was on google maps and well no but what is odd
is it has a strange line. like the splicing of the images was messed up

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
woops for got to add that link to the maps

Picture messed up

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Remind me a little of this ice disk.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5168e0571eaf.jpg[/atsimg] link

Although this is on a much bigger scale obviously.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
What about a directed energy weapon?

Why would someone WANT to melt ice? Some type of weather mod?

Hmmm, not a bad thought. Kinda like the 'Star Wars' weapons that some claim were used in 9/11: Dr Judy Wood
Why would someone WANT to melt ice? Perhaps to support the Gloabal Warming thing? It could explain the locations in the sense that if 'they' directed the huge beam somewhere in the middle of the lake, perhaps the surrounding ice would refreeze it...

Or is this part of the 'End Game' where certain ancient ruins are 'discovered' that shatter all religions and bring us all together? Just my two cents...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
anyway to find out how thick that ice is?It looks like someone set down a huge coffee cup to hard.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join