It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts Spot Mysterious Ice Circles in World's Deepest Lake

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by silencee

earlier in the thread I posted the question are there two neutrino telescopes?

I've bee trying to find this out too with no success, there's very little info on it. We need to know about the second circle in more detail

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

sorry man, didn't see that, quickly read through replies, just too many of them.
never heard of the second neutrino telescope, everywhere i read they speak of only one. well probably will have to spend some time doing more research on this one.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

no problem,I'm just getting frustrated I can't find anything further on this(worth printing)I would like to get access to that picture to analyze it closer,but can't find it on modis site.I'll keep looking

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody else posted this, but the ice circles remind of of another Russian phenomenon known as the disappearing lake. I forget the name, but just google the phrase disappearing lake and you'll find it; there was some underground activity beneath a body of water which resulted in the entire lake draining into a subterranean river. Its a big mud pit now. Perhaps this lake is on the verge of suffering the same fate?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I don't know how to put it in this post but if you go to O.P. link click on wired link it gets you to modis site then go to search ,type lake Baikal go to first link (similar to article title circles in thin ice)pull that up scroll down to the first paragraph click on a sequence of MODIS images keep hitting the previous button you can find many images where there are no clouds,there are images with only the bottom circle, some where it appears the top circle are forming, strange .Maybe someone could help and link to these
[edit on 29-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Does anyone have a recent picture of the lake and said locations? By that, I mean are the circles now frozen over again? Are the circles still there? I would assume that if it were the heat/vent bubble senario in both circle locations than the water in the area would remain warmer longer being as the vents surely wouldnt instantly close never releasing the heat again.
But, if it were two crafts that landed, the lake would surely freeze back over fairly quicly right?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
sorry for the double post.........if you follow the instructions on the above post you probably have to click the prev button 15-20 times and it starts to get very interesting I think these are daily photos so going to prev image you are going back in time.Well it gets weird sometimes its there sometimes its not keep clicking prev and check it out!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I highly doubt something landed, it would have been spotted by nearby cities and villages because nothing that big wouldget unnoticed. I mean seriously, do you guys have any idea how HUGE these circles are? If I had to guess, I would have to say its gas escaping from a volcano located underneath the ice. Because it said in the article that it isn't the first time they see these circles, well the southern one atleast, it has appeared in 1985 and 1994 I believe.

-Jimmy-

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would not be to quick to dispell what I believe it to be. Many aquatic animals (perhaps aliens) will surface to get a better look at things. In essence, they use their eyes as periscopes. In this case, since there is a sheet of ice, it is pressing its eye up to the ice to peer through it. It's body in probably under the other ice, or perhaps it could be an alien eye. I am not sure but I do believe it is looking.
I have attached a photo
, and it looks similar. Imagine the photo under a sheet of ice.
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
I highly doubt something landed, it would have been spotted by nearby cities and villages because nothing that big wouldget unnoticed. I mean seriously, do you guys have any idea how HUGE these circles are? If I had to guess, I would have to say its gas escaping from a volcano located underneath the ice. Because it said in the article that it isn't the first time they see these circles, well the southern one atleast, it has appeared in 1985 and 1994 I believe.

-Jimmy-

Unless, that landing object is cloaked. It could even have happened during daytime, if so.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Mystery of Giant Ice Circles Resolved

But experts say they can explain the mystery, and it's not aliens - methane gas rising from the lake floor represents the likely culprit. Methane emissions can create a rising mass of warm water that begins swirling in a circular pattern because of the Coriolis force, or the phenomenon caused by the Earth's rotation that also helps create cyclones.
news.yahoo.com...
well here's what TPTB say but I don't buy it

[edit on 2-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join