It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 punches that Dick Cheney landed on Barack Obama's jaw

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Al -Queada thats a good one

What exactly al-Qaeda is, or was, remains in dispute. In the BBC documentary The Power of Nightmares, writer and journalist Adam Curtis contends that the idea of al-Qaeda as a formal organization is primarily an American invention.

Source

Of course this terrorist group that operates from caves seem to be giving the world no end of problems. Number 2 on the list wasn't it 'Terrorists' Number 1 - A threat from the stars

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Bush and Cheney are awesome. I give them credit for doing what they thought was best to protect the citizens of the USA. You might disagree with that, but you cant say they didnt keep you safe.

The one thing Bush will be famous for in the history books will be his failure to keep American's safe. Its a well documented fact that the FBI was tracking some of the 9/11 terrorists, yet the attack happened any way. He should have resigned the day that it was revealed these people were being tracked by the FBI.

Of course if you look at the bigger picture its actually much worse than that. Bush decided, without any investigation into 9/11 over who done it (likely because he already knew it was his buddies who planned it it), to mount a couple wars on other countries in order to blame others for his own failure. While there is no evidence the wars have made us safer it is a widely accepted fact about 10,000 additional Americans have died so far fighting the wars. I'd hardly say the hundred thousand troops we have over there are very safe as a result of Bush sending them there. Lets not forget Bush has explicitly told us his most difficult job as president was connecting 9/11 with Iraq. (and you are welcome to challenge me for a citation there... I'll find it for you)

Also in response to the guy saying this post is a hoax. Of course it isn't. These Cheney's quotes sound pretty good to those who have not put a lot of thought and research into what is actually being said. There are millions of Americans who have been mistakenly suckered into Cheney's war mongering concepts and there is no reason why one of them should not post their opinions on this forum.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
More propaganda from RR... I hope the GOP is paying him well.

So many of these "punches" have already been rebutted by the likes of Tom Ridge, the CIA and others that no further comment is necessary.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Now let him use that same power to show Americans what did not happen thanks to the good work of our intelligence officials."
I have to agree on this one quote. I think we should all realize that the Bush Cheney administration found out about and foiled terrorist plots against our country
I think Obama admin. will do the same but just not tell us about the interogations. Somehow get around it.
Or have other means to do it. I think they found a way to foil plots. I think our gov. in a time of war does not tell us everything. Think back to WWII. We are at war and so what we are told or what they do like make a big fuss about interogations may just be for show. They want the enemy to know this for a reason and they want the American public and the world to know this.
Why? But maybe we should just accept it and think our country is doiing the best they can. We also need to keep in mind that we don't want anther teorrist attack. We should all pray everytime you log onto this site even if you are unhappy about our gov.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
sorry for my mispellings and fast writing. hope ya all follow my train of thought.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The day of the dueling press conference, it looked like Cheney was the President and Obama was giving the Democrat response...but in reverse.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Dick Cheney is a crackpot of a politician who'll say anything to those writing the check for his speeches.

Hope that wasn't the best "punches" Cheney has because he's liable to get his butt "kicked" by my 10 year old in a debate on international policy.

Admittedly, this response does not pertain to any quotes that you cited, but you kind of called for this type of response with the headline of your thread.

Seriously, I hope the guy has a heart attack - he deserves a very painful death for all the strife and hardship he's brought upon the Iraqi and Afghani people.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
reply to post by ballastastronaut

As well as Clinton knew such was coming...it was called Operation Bojinka.
Imagine if Clinton would have taken the deal that would have handed over Bin Laden to the US.

Don't blame Cheney; insert coin and try again.

If we are allowed to follow this argument, then we can continue to wrap all the blame into the previous administrations and thus give them a free pass. frankly, i'd rather have a tail to chase then to pursue this line of thinking.

besides, Cheney fell a tad short on his 7.5 years without an attack on the country since the last major attack on the US was almost 60 years prior. Warmongering does no one any good.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
First off I gotta admire your courage for this post, knowing what the response would be.
Second, 12 months ago I would have agreed with you wole-heartedly, but with hindsight it really looks like the GOP at that time was looking after its own self interests "for the sake of the country".
Yes, they did keep us safe. No arguement there but at what cost? They might not have been the big abusers of the constitution here but they opened the door for the likes of Obama who will carry the ball for them and TRUELY abuse the hell out of the constitution.
I still think its too early to start judging the last administration, and thats comming from a brand new libertarian (I quit the GOP after TARP) not being judgemental but give it time. They'll either prove themselves right through Obamas inactions or wrong through the same.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2009 by humilisunus]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

You're right in saying that we are not free anymore...in the last 100+ days we are slowly being controlled by our government.
Slowly but surely the government is taking over our banks and now our automakers.
Oh wait sorry, we were talking about Cheney...He may be crazy but that is what we need now.
Not someone that rolls over and talks to terrorists...Look what North Korea did over the weekend

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by humilisunus
This doesn’t surprise me at all, this site was/has/always will be the national enquirer of freak shows. If truth was ever to hit this site it would explode like a sheep with bomb up its ass. no one here wants you to be ok or protected or for that matter even give a # about humanity it’s a job, and business and it’s all about money and spin. I used to think the site was for truth now I realize it’s just a farce. Please revoke my membership in your schizoid #ing site the world is better without retards like the OP who works for the #ing site, hypocritical assholes.

I could fabricate a better story in the toilet upstairs.
Lets all see how long a truthful post last, not long thats for sure or the illusion will bust and everyone will leave.

wow
I didn't know you couldn't express your own opinion on this site.
Could you please let us all know how to think. I'm going to sit in my livingroom and drool until someone tells me what to do. . .

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
People spend so much time debating who is more evil. Is it Cheney? Is it Bush? Is it Obama? Here's the thing we should be debating -- the total destruction of America due to the way our entire political system is set-up.

1. The middle-class is considered the "backbone" of America (both Rep. and Dem. agree on this).

2. The median American household income (in the year 2007) was $50,000 / year.

3. only 1.93% of American households make over $250,000.

4. 12.3% fell below the federal poverty threshold.

5. The bottom 20% of American households made less than $19,000 / year.

The reason for these numbers is simply to show that nobody in any upper-level political position will ever be able to know what the average American needs or wants -- because they are not one of us.

Running for office requires an enormous amount of money -- money that roughly only 2% has.

The only way we are ever going to get a FAIR and JUST administration that represents the MAJORITY of Americans is when we set standards for election and campaigning practices.

For example, I think that anyone running for office should be alotted a certain amount of money, taken from our current taxes, to pay for campaigning. (The scale would be a sliding scale based on the level of office, i.e. mayor, governor, president, etc.) But it would be equal for all candidates in one given election.

This would prevent one person from being able to buy an election (look at John Corzine as an example in New Jersey). Further, this would stop campaign donations from large corporations, lobbyists, etc., that then are looking for their payback.

Lastly, look at how much money is wasted running a campaign. Hundreds of millions of dollars. I personally think that it's repulsive.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
More propaganda from RR... I hope the GOP is paying him well.

So many of these "punches" have already been rebutted by the likes of Tom Ridge, the CIA and others that no further comment is necessary.

As opposed to the daily propaganda you post that takes every opportunity to bash the GOP, even when you have to stretch the truth.

You're the pot calling the kettle black here, Grover.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Republican party, meet the Whigs

Whigs, meet the Republicans...you two have alot in common now...

NewReps need to be socially liberal, while maintaining a fiscally conservative stand...anything short of that will spell the very real end to your party...the 50s mindset is almost lost in the voting, now your dealing with baby boomers as the elderly vote, whom are socially conservative...and after that, the disco era, the excess 80s, emo 90s, and hardcore science 2k.

But, the old timer republican hillbillys wont give up their grand old party without a fight...which means reps will be in the woods for a long time. Think progressive, or think retirement...your choice.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The only reason I agree that this was a lost thread when you first posted is because the majority here has demonstrated, through their posts, that they are unable to focus on the subject matter and offer arguments the 10 things posted here. The majority posting here are too ignorant to want to look past anything BUT their own hatred for the past administration. And God forbid they would look at the 10 points quoted and say "Hey, he has a point. Cheney may be a detestable man, but he has a point here."

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

My statement referred to quote number 3. If you couldnt see that you are definitely not reading our responses correctly.

Cut the BS - no it wasn't. What you did was make a post bashing Cheney. Then when RR posted that there were 4 posts and 4 bashes against Cheney you went back and found one of the 10 things Cheney said that closely matched your post and came back and said "My post is clearly about number (insert number here)" and then acted like everyone else was stupid for not seeing that.

You defaulted to your hate, just like everyone else. Your post in no way reflected quote #3 - and anyone who couldn't see that just wasn't paying attention.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

"It's hard to imagine a worse precedent filled with more possibilities for trouble and abuse than to have an incoming administration criminalize the policy decisions of its predecessor.

Rhetoric! First of all the incoming administration didn't criminalize the inferred policy decisions. They were already criminalized both domestically and internationally. Second I disagree that accountability for criminal actions is a negative precedent.

Exactly. Very well put. This is what some of the republicans that are still trying to hold onto Bush/Cheney being great men won't concede. IF this current administration chooses to pursue war crimes charges against the previous administration it is based SOLELY on the 'ILLEGAL' actions of the previous administration.

Dick Cheney's statements, virtually all of them, are ones that seem to be geared towards trying to justify the criminal actions he partook in. He is trying to save his own bacon is what those so-called punches are telling me. I want a renewed and revived GOP. A REAL GOP. I have lost faith in the republican party. No, I'm not turning to the democrat side. I'm simply an American that wants my government to stop doing things in other nations out of pure greed.

Also, the first couple 'punches' had nothing to do with our president so I would say the OP needs to trim down his totals a bit.

When a true conservative party comes back into play I will most likely be there. Even though I hate the pathetic concept of division between the people of our own country. I guess it's simply the best way to keep us under some semblence of control.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Um...If Cheney is considered and Patriot, then you can call me Canadian. I would think people like William Cooper and Robert Collins are True Patriots. How about all those troops who are dying for our cause, aren't they Patriots? Cheney has done absolutely nothing for this country and I find it amusing that he is on Television and Print every day, but while in office he barely could be found except when he shot that guy in the face for no reason.

JustJoe

[edit on 26-5-2009 by JustJoe]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Bush and Cheney are awesome. I give them credit for doing what they thought was best to protect the citizens of the USA. You might disagree with that, but you cant say they didnt keep you safe.

9/11=Largest terrorist attack on American soil. How did they keep us safe? Oh right if you dont count the largest attack ever. You cant have it both ways. To say they kept us safe but were on the clock for the largest attacks with obvious and repeated warnings that it would happen is just plain foolish.

It would be like me saying I have a perfect driving record except for that one speeding ticket I got. Any intelligent person would call BS on that claim, and the same should be done for Bush and Cheney.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join