It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 punches that Dick Cheney landed on Barack Obama's jaw

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Bush and Cheney are awesome. I give them credit for doing what they thought was best to protect the citizens of the USA. You might disagree with that, but you cant say they didnt keep you safe.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Just to clarify for you Seekerof, I am no fan of Obama either. I actually have Obama right next to Cheney on my list of scum bag who when opening their mouths lie all the freaking time.

Edit: I'm a Democrat. -.-

[edit on 5/25/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The war on terror has netted Dick's former company and other companies sympathetic to, and who gave campaign money to the Bush administration, HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. That is the reason for 9-11 and the subsequent war on Iraq.
Cheney is a war criminal who traded American lives on 9-11 and American lives fighting in Iraq for MONEY THAT WENT TO HIS FRIENDS AND ASSOCIATES.

Cheney is a TRAITOR, not a patriot.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

This is the point that we all need to take away from this. Sadly most of us would rather bicker about which party is better.

People need to wake up.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

They did not keep anyone safe. Their preoccupation with making money off the situation in Iraq has caused the border to go undefended allowing Mexican crime lords to infiltrate into Arizona with their private armies. While everyone is busy watching "terrorists" an ocean and a continent away, there are plenty of terrorists sneaking right across our open borders. Me and my neighbors would rather that Americans are protected instead of oil for Dick and his buddies being protected.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The right wingers in this thread really are a confused bunch.

First, I myself never see the patriot side of Cheney, to me he's just an angry and frustrated man because he doesn't get his way since he's not the CiC.

Second, Bush and Barack have some similar policies that will please the right wingers, they're alike in some ways. So I don't see why right wingers just keep whining about Barack. Bickering among elites is not uncommon, and just because they take a whack at each other, doesn't mean they're not working for the same power.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

7. "The administration has found that it's easy to receive applause in Europe for closing Guantanamo, but it's tricky to come up with an alternative that will serve the interest of justice and America's national security."

This was a pretty big blow. Obama is so busy clamoring for the adoration of other countries, he never stopped to formulate a plan for closing this facility. He's a little too busy trying to be the popular kid on the world stage. IMO, he didn't take America's national security into account when he made that declaration. How could he when he's only been in office such a short amount of time?

That's a pretty big decision to make without having all the facts. I'm guessing it takes more than a couple of weeks in office to be brought up to speed on issues like this.

Like Dick Cheney or not, he made some valid points.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
First for those of you that have said we need to "get the NeoCons" out, I could not agree more...

We need to remove the NeoCons, the "New" Conservatives that somehow think being more liberal is the way to go.

We need TRUE Conservatives that are not ashamed to make money, like Cheney. Conservatives that don't care about your "Politically Correct" agenda, but care about the country.

Conservatives that believe anyone can make money and who don't sit around feeling jealous because someone has more than they do because they are too lazy to get up and succeed.

Conservatives that understand turning terrorists lose is a bad idea.

Conservatives that warned us time and again about the economic crash we have experienced..

Conservatives that don't want to raise our taxes and send us 200.00 to make us feel better; but who understand cutting taxes is the only path to increased revenue.

Conservatives that wont fall head over heals for the lies about Global Warming.

Oh Yeah, let's kick out the NeoCons, the McCains, and get some real Conservatives in there, where they belong.

The lack of attention and foresight some people have is amazing... California, the shining jewel in the liberal playbook. The single most staunch liberal stronghold is showing you all what happens to a liberal nation. Yet you are all still too blind to see and will remain so until this entire country follows California into the dust and we become what you all want. A nation that doesn't work, doesn't protect itself, never offends and is completely controlled by the government.

Yes, the NeoCons should go, but Cheney is about as much a NeoCon as Obama is conservative.

Neo... New
Con...Conservative

Sheesh

Semper

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
First for those of you that have said we need to "get the NeoCons" out, I could not agree more...

We need to remove the NeoCons, the "New" Conservatives that somehow think being more liberal is the way to go.

We need TRUE Conservatives that are not ashamed to make money, like Cheney. Conservatives that don't care about your "Politically Correct" agenda, but care about the country.

Conservatives that believe anyone can make money and who don't sit around feeling jealous because someone has more than they do because they are too lazy to get up and succeed.

Conservatives that understand turning terrorists lose is a bad idea.

Conservatives that warned us time and again about the economic crash we have experienced..

Conservatives that don't want to raise our taxes and send us 200.00 to make us feel better; but who understand cutting taxes is the only path to increased revenue.

Conservatives that wont fall head over heals for the lies about Global Warming.

Oh Yeah, let's kick out the NeoCons, the McCains, and get some real Conservatives in there, where they belong.

The lack of attention and foresight some people have is amazing... California, the shining jewel in the liberal playbook. The single most staunch liberal stronghold is showing you all what happens to a liberal nation. Yet you are all still too blind to see and will remain so until this entire country follows California into the dust and we become what you all want. A nation that doesn't work, doesn't protect itself, never offends and is completely controlled by the government.

Yes, the NeoCons should go, but Cheney is about as much a NeoCon as Obama is conservative.

Neo... New
Con...Conservative

Sheesh

Semper

Its funny , so you think using the United States as an entity to line your pockets
is GOOD/PATRIOTIC? Thats how it sounds - I wouldn't doubt it though

Not much different then tricking out ones children -

IRAN is a fine Example of a Conservative nation state -
Authoritarian, "governmental" attempt to preserve tradition, religion and state,
religion and law...
AND
IRAQ
SAUDI ARABIA...

Conservatives might as well try to drain the ocean- everything you are fighting today SEMPER, will be the norm in 30 years, you will ALWAYS lose in the long run.

Its pointless on your behalf, its a failure waiting to happen, all of it, yer whole POV
will be the equivalent of BURNING WITCHES AT THE STAKE.

the great part is the youngsters make me look like a conservative

Sorry

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Bush and Cheney are awesome. I give them credit for doing what they thought was best to protect the citizens of the USA. You might disagree with that, but you cant say they didnt keep you safe.

So did Clinton, Bush and Feagan

Thats just a fools bandage

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
When you are justifying yourself based on the faults of others, then there is probably a big lie in the middle of it. And that goes for both Obama and Cheney.

I'm so sick of people pointing fingers at the other "side" as being the reason they are automatically right etc. As it turns out, both of them can be wrong, and pointing fingers at others doesn't make you right.

That these things get any attention is sad. Get a clue people.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

I can easily say they didn't keep me safe. They have put the US in much much more danger. Pretty much ruined the reputation of the US, gave up the moral high ground completely and pretty much systematically destroyed everything this country was founded on.

I guess the filters they put on cigarettes are saving my life. Afterall, I haven't died from them have I?

When you arguments are this weak, maybe you should take another look at things.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
NO OFFENSE HERE >>>>>BUT This Post is STUPID
WHY?? THIS IS A HOAX HOAX HOAX
I repeat....

If you people don't know by now that there is NO republican Party and there is NO democratic Party...There is ONLY the Illuminati Party..THAT's IT..PERIOD!

A 5 year old can figure out this left and right manipulative, Satanic, serial killing, psychopathic liar actors playing out their script on the World stage.

Hello????? THEY WORK FOR THE SAME PEOPLE...It's FAKE!! They need the dumb people to believe they are against each other..Obama is pushing through the same agenda as Bush & Clinton..

If you people need a CRASH COURSE IN HOW THIS WORKS.... WATCH A WWF WRESTLING MATCH!! For those of you that remember....The WWF promoted the NEW WORLD ORDER in the 90's...This is how dumb they think you are...What shocks me is how easy it is to fool people...They are so gullible.

I feel like I am the reading opinions of preschool children..NO OFFENSE..But I wish you people would wake up!

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Originally posted by RRconservative
Oh well I think I just killed my own thread!

It was DOA on posting. It's obvious that you consider yourself a Republican but America needs a REAL GOP. Not a knock off. A GOP that considers the country before itself, before what I can do for my pocket, before what I can do to be reelected. A party that is willing to put America first. The Kernel hasn't seen this in over 20 years. Lament the loss of power. It's small. The Kernel laments the loss of heart in the GOP. "2 units of Ringer's Lactate, STAT."

2010 will be a good year. This GOP is hoping that America will vote against the standing administration. It won't happen. We don't have the right people. We aren't innovative. The same tripe from lesser politicians. 2010 will be a wake up call when we lose. Then the neocons will be turfed out and America will become stronger.

Til then.

with all due respect kernal...the GOP don't care about the poor or middle class, it has nothing to do with being inovative...they love to send young men to war and cut their own taxes. period. 12 years of control in both houses of congress, plus 8 years of bush, has almost killed off the middle class. anybody who makes under 100k a year shouldn't vote for a republican for the forseeable future. the GOP elephant dropped a 500 pound load of dung and they are wondering how come obama hasn't cleaned it up yet...the GOP couldn't govern itself out of a paper bag, let alone a nation. you think the problem is bright ideas, and charming canidates, wrong, it's making sure people other then the wealthy of this country, have a decent life.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I personally think that Cheney is trying to save his own *beep*. The man is well aware that not only the people in this country but the world in general wants justice. He has seen that justice first hand in the fiasco with Saddam Husein and understands that this is what the world wants for him and his "good ole boy" GWB. They should be tried and convicted as war criminals because that's exactly what they are. They have committed atrocities that undermine the principles of the United States of America. They have made our whole country look like a bunch of greedy murderous sub-humans.

Not only this they systematically attempted (with much success) to strip the American people of their liberties. They bent us over and raped us as well. Benjamin Franklin once said; "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security, will have neither." Do you think the country feels more secure? Look at the reaction a few weeks ago when the AF-1 backup flew through NYC. Did those folks look like they felt secure?

They have: murdered, tortured, invaded without provocation, plundered, and raped the American economy.

What are you some kind of sadist to support people such as this? Or is it that you just don't care about your fellow citizens?

Brainwashed sheep such as yourself are going to cause the destruction of the greatest nation the Earth has ever known.

My suggestion to you....have someone pinch you, your still dreaming friend.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

with all due respect kernal...the GOP don't care about the poor or middle class, it has nothing to do with being inovative...they love to send young men to war and cut their own taxes. period. 12 years of control in both houses of congress, plus 8 years of bush, has almost killed off the middle class. anybody who makes under 100k a year shouldn't vote for a republican for the forseeable future. the GOP elephant dropped a 500 pound load of dung and they are wondering how come obama hasn't cleaned it up yet...the GOP couldn't govern itself out of a paper bag, let alone a nation. you think the problem is bright ideas, and charming canidates, wrong, it's making sure people other then the wealthy of this country, have a decent life.

This is exactly the problem. Republicans are not republicans any longer. The republican party first started off as the anti-federalists. These people were the ones that insisted that the bill of rights be the first order of business much to the dismay of the federalists (modern democrats). Unfortunately for the federalists, they could not get any sort of cooperation without honoring that.

The original republicans (anti-federalists) were the sole reason that we have a bill of rights and constitutional protections of those rights. If the modern republicans would return to their heritage, they would dominate politics. Unfortunately, politics is too corrupt on both sides of the aisle and the only solution to that is a complete and total blood transfusion. And we all know the population does not have the necessary intellect to accomplish that. Politics has been for some time and will continue to be nothing more than a popularity contest. If you got the financial backing, you can buy all the friends and votes you need in this country.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake08
NO OFFENSE HERE >>>>>BUT This Post is STUPID
WHY?? THIS IS A HOAX HOAX HOAX
I repeat....

If you people don't know by now that there is NO republican Party and there is NO democratic Party...There is ONLY the Illuminati Party..THAT's IT..PERIOD!

A 5 year old can figure out this left and right manipulative, Satanic, serial killing, psychopathic liar actors playing out their script on the World stage.

Hello????? THEY WORK FOR THE SAME PEOPLE...It's FAKE!! They need the dumb people to believe they are against each other..Obama is pushing through the same agenda as Bush & Clinton..

If you people need a CRASH COURSE IN HOW THIS WORKS.... WATCH A WWF WRESTLING MATCH!! For those of you that remember....The WWF promoted the NEW WORLD ORDER in the 90's...This is how dumb they think you are...What shocks me is how easy it is to fool people...They are so gullible.

I feel like I am the reading opinions of preschool children..NO OFFENSE..But I wish you people would wake up!

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

short of an armed revolution in this country, what in the hell do you think the poor and middle class can do? when the wealthy have all the power, they control everything major that happens in this country. what? you think a few thousand gun toting radicals are going to end this? you have to have half the population so down and out, that they have nothing to lose, to even consider changing the governing style in this country. and the wealthy will not even get a scratch on themselves...they'll simply wire tranfer all their wealth out of the US, and board their private jets and fly off to their other mansions around the world, while the rest of us get soaked in our own blood...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, OR THIS COUNTRY, NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Have you ever heard of "actions speak louder than words"? As pointed out previously, he is saying anything to save his reputation (whatever he thought it was anyway). A man is not judged by his words alone, but by his deeds. No one has to reply to his quotes because they are empty. The fact that he raped our constitution, put us all in debt because of his oil dealings, killed thousands of people in conquest of his own monetary greed....and I have really just gotten started. I will not reply to you because it is obvious who you are and what you're trying to do here and it isn't going to fly. You said, you would take your stripes in the beginning and that's all you're going to get with this diatribe.....because what you are saying, about him being a patriot is true...but he is a patriot unto himself alone.The rest of the world also agrees. When you have a whole world hating one man, he has done great evil, despite what you say.
He cares not about Americans or anyone else and has well proven it. No one has to break these measly comments of his down because they are nothing but empty words. His deeds have spoken louder than his cowardly attempt to sweep up his mess, save his own neck
and fool us once again. You obviously work for him in some manner, even if way down the pay scale, because anyone who doesn't is suffering from gas prices, recession, loss of jobs and loss of loved ones in a war that shouldn't have been. I've seen vides of this guy doing his thing over the past few years and yeah......he's evil.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'm not a Cheney fan but I have to say that his speech was very good.

It came right after Obama's and he made Obama look like an inexperienced child who is just playing POTUS for a day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join