It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 punches that Dick Cheney landed on Barack Obama's jaw

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

1. "I've heard occasional speculation that I'm a different man after 9/11. I wouldn't say that, but I'll freely admit that watching a coordinated, devastating attack on our country from an underground bunker at the White House can affect how you view your responsibilities."

2. "The first attack on the World Trade Center was treated as a law- enforcement problem, with everything handled after the fact: arrests, indictments, convictions, prison sentences, case closed."

3. "By presidential decision last month, we saw the selective release of documents relating to enhanced interrogations. This is held up as a bold exercise in open government, honoring the public's right to know. We're informed as well that there was much agonizing over this decision. Yet somehow, when the soul searching was done and the veil was lifted on the policies of the Bush administration, the public was given less than half the truth."

4. "It's hard to imagine a worse precedent filled with more possibilities for trouble and abuse than to have an incoming administration criminalize the policy decisions of its predecessor. Apart from doing a serious injustice to intelligence operators and lawyers, who deserve far better for their devoted service, the danger here is a loss of focus on national security and what it requires."

5. "We had a lot of blind spots after the attacks on our country, things we didn't know about al Qaeda. We didn't know about al Qaeda's plans, but Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and a few others did know. And with many thousands of innocent lives potentially in the balance, we did not think it made sense to let the terrorists answer questions in their own good time, if they answered them at all."

6. "On his second day in office, President Obama announced he was closing the detention facility at Guantanamo. This step came with little deliberation, and no plan. Now the president says some of these terrorists should be brought to American soil for trial in our court system. Others, he says, will be shipped to third countries; but so far, the United States has had little luck getting other countries to take hardened terrorists."

7. "The administration has found that it's easy to receive applause in Europe for closing Guantanamo, but it's tricky to come up with an alternative that will serve the interest of justice and America's national security."

8. "If fine speechmaking, appeals to reason, or pleas for compassion had the power to move them, the terrorists would long ago have abandoned the field."

9. "It's worth recalling that ultimate power of declassification belongs to the president himself. President Obama has used his declassification authority to reveal what happens in the interrogation of terrorists. Now let him use that same power to show Americans what did not happen thanks to the good work of our intelligence officials."

10. "To the very end of our administration, we kept al-Qaeda terrorists busy with other problems. We focused on getting their secrets instead of sharing ours with them. And on our watch, they never hit this country again. After the most lethal and devastating terrorist attack ever, 7- 1/2 years without a repeat is not a record to be rebuked and scorned, much less criminalized."

Dick Cheney is a true Patriot. If the GOP is looking for leadership and guidance they don't have to look any further than this man right here.

+22 more 
posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Dick Cheney is a true Patriot. If the GOP is looking for leadership and guidance they don't have to look any further than this man right here.

The Kernel would laugh but fears that you are serious. A patriot defecates on the Constitution? A patriot cares more for himself than the country? A patriot drives the greatest nation on earth into the ground for monetary gain?

This may be the Kernel's last post. I just won a contest and I get to go hunting with Cheney.

God! This is what's wrong with our party. Turf out the Neocons and take it back.

+15 more 
posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am truly hoping that you are not serious...

Cheney has ruined this country in the eyes of the world.

We are no longer the land of the free, we are the land that tortures.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Cheney is just some disillusioned old man mad that he can't be a tyrant anymore and is playing the politics of it.
He makes windows look black compared to his transparency.

For the record...I can't stand Obama either.

+13 more 
posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The 10 punches that Dick Cheney landed on Barack Obama's jaw
wont help against the one punch that will knock Chenney out.

WAR CRIMINAL

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
4 posts and 4 bashes on Cheney. But no comments on his quotes. I didn't expect less!

Take the time to read his quotes, if you disagree...state why. If you agree...also state why.

If you want to bash Cheney do so in reference to his quotes.

Oh well I think I just killed my own thread!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Item #10 seems like it is a hint.

Something upcoming?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

My statement referred to quote number 3. If you couldnt see that you are definitely not reading our responses correctly.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I can't take his words seriously man,he is a liar,hence why I disagree with anything he says.
If you had an ats member that always posted lies...would you even care to read his words and take him seriously?
He is transparent in his agenda...war war war by any means possible so I can make money and take your freedoms away at the same time.
Torture and war is never ok to peaceful people.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

3. "By presidential decision last month, we saw the selective release of documents relating to enhanced interrogations. This is held up as a bold exercise in open government, honoring the public's right to know. We're informed as well that there was much agonizing over this decision. Yet somehow, when the soul searching was done and the veil was lifted on the policies of the Bush administration, the public was given less than half the truth."

Are you admitting that you came to your conclusion based on "less than half the truth"?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Now I know you're just messing with me. I didnt even make a mention of half truths in my first comment.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Oh well I think I just killed my own thread!

It was DOA on posting. It's obvious that you consider yourself a Republican but America needs a REAL GOP. Not a knock off. A GOP that considers the country before itself, before what I can do for my pocket, before what I can do to be reelected. A party that is willing to put America first. The Kernel hasn't seen this in over 20 years. Lament the loss of power. It's small. The Kernel laments the loss of heart in the GOP. "2 units of Ringer's Lactate, STAT."

2010 will be a good year. This GOP is hoping that America will vote against the standing administration. It won't happen. We don't have the right people. We aren't innovative. The same tripe from lesser politicians. 2010 will be a wake up call when we lose. Then the neocons will be turfed out and America will become stronger.

Til then.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
war is never ok to peaceful people.

All the peaceful nations that were invaded by Nazi Germany might disagree with you. Kuwait might not agee with you either.

I did leave out the torture part in your sentence since it does not pertain to enhanced interrogations. Just ask Nancy Pelosi!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

"It's hard to imagine a worse precedent filled with more possibilities for trouble and abuse than to have an incoming administration criminalize the policy decisions of its predecessor.

Rhetoric! First of all the incoming administration didn't criminalize the inferred policy decisions. They were already criminalized both domestically and internationally. Second I disagree that accountability for criminal actions is a negative precedent.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The people invaded had to fight...the people invading were brainwashed into thinking it was ok and good for their country...sounds familiar eh?
It is not wrong for peaceful people to defend themselves.
Have a good night man I don't think there is any use for me to post in this thread.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I can't say much about the other quotes, as they all seem like the same kind of jibber-jabber you hear out of almost every politician everywhere. It seems like he said something, but in reality, it is smoke and mirrors. Number 10 on the other hand, I had to speak out about. I don't pretend to know what your opinion of 9/11 is, but it is mine that 9/11 was commited by 'homegrown terrorists'. So it is easy for Cheney to say that they 'prevented' another 'attack' in the 7-and-one-half years they were in office after the original attack. It is easy, because they controlled the attack-ers. Of course none of the so-called preventions are going to come to light, so there really is no way for us to know if they did indeed prevent another attack, or whether they just say they did.

Chrono

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No Offense here BUT.....
If you people don't know by now that there is NO republican Party and there is NO democratic Party...There is ONLY the Illuminati Party..THAT's IT..PERIOD!

A 5 year old can figure out these are manipulative, Satanic, serial killing, psychopathic liar actors playing out their script on the World stage.

Hello????? They work for the same team...It's FAKE!! They need the dumb people to believe they are against each other..Obama is pushing through the same agenda as Bush & Clinton..
WAKE UP!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I am truly hoping that you are not serious...

Cheney has ruined this country in the eyes of the world.

We are no longer the land of the free, we are the land that tortures.

A true Patriot

he is chicken and an ELITE richie punk

At least DICK has a fitting first name...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I disagree with what Cheney says.
You can not expect the public to believe that he did not know what was going on after the 9/11 attacks. We are a country of Laws, and for the longest time a supporter of human rights. So a lack of civil rights, due process, or following of any treaties is what that adminstration did. We go to war, yet fail to follow the Geneva convention when it comes to prisoners, abduct people under the suspicion of they may or may not be a terrorist. Yes, there was no other attacks that we know of, but with the Bush/Cheney government, who knows what is truth. I would have been more impressed if at one time, and having it on record, one of them stated, Should we. Just cause an option is on the table, that something could be done, is not a reason for such to be done. I remember that after 9/11 we went to war with Afganistan, and then was lied to about Iraq. Now both are becoming a diseaster. Instead of having clear cut goals, all we have is confusion. Instead of looking and dealing with the domestic issues, we are all in need of help. Cheney was not a solution, he was part of the problem.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Dick Cheney-9/11-Iraq-Halliburton-contracts-$$$

Patriot? um no

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join