It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 16
96
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


Let me get this straight, are you telling me they are not worried about our endless supply of return nukes - that are dependable and will be delivered guaranteed.

Please


I read our military (nuclear forces) has taken on the creed of a deliverily company...
Absolutly, positivly over night guatenteed.



Or was it the pitza company...
It will be delivered in 30 min's or less, or your second nuke dropped on you is free.


(Please Note: I joke, but this is a serious matter, I was only hoping to lighten the mood so we can continue to discuss this in a calm, logical manner)

On a more serious note, "ONE" us naval ship/sub would be more than enough to turn All of N.K. into a glowing parking lot.

Furthermore, "I BELIEVE" that our allies (those we have mutal defense treaties with) treaties with the US "WOULD" require a nuclear responce to out allies being attacked with one or more nuclear weapons-thinking S.K and Japan at the moment.




posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989
 


Unfortunatley, this is an extremely accurate depiction of the current situation. Obama's got no balls when it comes to dealing with radical nations.



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I say watch what the other hands are doing while this is going on. This smells like a distraction.
I thought we were supposed to be worried about Iran

And while I'm at it! Why is it ok for Israel to have nukes?



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord
 



I would like to hear all ATS members from the past who covered the North Korea story when they told everyone that their Missile test was no one's business and what do these people think of it now?


I was one of those people and I stand by what I said.
But, let me make this clear - I said it no business off the USA.

IMO - The USA has no business being the police of the world.

It’s memorial day - what - you want more of our service men and women to die because USA has to stick it’s fat filthy nose into other peoples business?

Leave it to Japan, South Korea, Russia, whoever, but the USA needs to STAY OUT OF IT.

peace



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have been reading many posts on ATS and on the comments sections of various newspapers reporting on North Korea's launch. A common opinion has been that:

1. If the US would get rid of all of their nukes, and set the example, then everyone else would/might follow suit.

2. The US has no business saying North Korea (and Iran) can't have nuclear weapons because they do. After all, these countries just want to be left alone.

My response to this is simple:

Telling the US to get rid of their nukes in the hopes that others will follow suit is akin to telling all of the police officers and security departments in your country to get rid of all of their guns -- and hope that the criminals follow suit. I mean, the US would still have rockets, right? Well, the police would still have batons.

And for those of you offended by the fact that I compared Iran and North Korea to criminals, I have one question:

Would you want to live there? If your country was deporting you and told you to choose from the following list of countries to live in:

North Korea, Iran, or the US

Where would you choose?



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
North Korea has it in there mind that if they have nukes then we won't dare attack them. It's always about power.



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thetimetechnician
I cannot understand why North Korea wants to "go nuclear". There people are starving and dying while they try to develope nuclear weapons, and for what reason? Even when they are fully armed they still will never be a viable nuclear threat to any country. If they ever tried to attack someone, they would quickly be wiped off the face of the planet.


The answer is simple, you just don't realize it yet.

You see, you "naturally" assume "little kimmy" cares about his country and his people-sorry, wrong.

You assume little kimmy is not insane, he has constantly proven otherwise.

You see, little kimmy would happily lose half of his citizens if he can nuke another country and think he is a big man ( ya know, angry little man mentality)

You would never find that acceptable as a person or a leader.

It is for these reasons that you will never understand little kimmy and what he does.



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I have been reading many posts on ATS and on the comments sections of various newspapers reporting on North Korea's launch. A common opinion has been that:

1. If the US would get rid of all of their nukes, and set the example, then everyone else would/might follow suit.

2. The US has no business saying North Korea (and Iran) can't have nuclear weapons because they do. After all, these countries just want to be left alone.

My response to this is simple:

Telling the US to get rid of their nukes in the hopes that others will follow suit is akin to telling all of the police officers and security departments in your country to get rid of all of their guns -- and hope that the criminals follow suit. I mean, the US would still have rockets, right? Well, the police would still have batons.

And for those of you offended by the fact that I compared Iran and North Korea to criminals, I have one question:

Would you want to live there? If your country was deporting you and told you to choose from the following list of countries to live in:

North Korea, Iran, or the US

Where would you choose?


I was just thinking about this same problem...if we are to decrease and/or eventually eliminate all our nuclear weapons, then how do we defend ourselves when other countries decide to acquire them and use them?

But you stated it much better, especially your analogy about the cops and security people getting rid of all their guns and then that way all the criminals will follow the leader...yeah rrrright...

your response is very smart, very on target...



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by fooffstarr
 



Not to create an arguement but because America was the first to use them should give them some insight as to the moral "fallout" from the use of such.


Perhaps.

I would love to see every nuclear weapon removed from the face of the earth. But until the 'superpowers' completely disarm, I think it unfair of them to bully the smaller countries out of acquiring the technology themselves.




Then I guess that somehow you cannot understand that trying to "remove them from the face of the earth" would be SOOOOO much more difficult if every pissant little country has them than if the it is confined to just a few countries.




posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was just reading that there "MAY" have been "two" nuclear teats this morning, in N.K.

This is "unconfirmed" as I am currently looking for valid links to valid news sources.

I will post more as to prove or disprove this 2nd nuclear test today.



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It seems that rather than a second test already, N.K. is "threatening" a second test.


North Korea is raising the specter of a second nuclear test, if the United Nations does not "apologize" for its recent condemnation of a rocket launch by the North.

North Korea's Foreign Ministry says it will be "forced to take additional defensive measures" unless the U.N. Security Council accommodates Pyongyang's demand for an apology. The North Korean statement warns those measures include tests of nuclear explosives and intercontinental ballistic missiles.[/ex]
VOA



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
Of course then they could just ask the States...

"And how many nukes have you gys tested in your history??"


Yes, because that makes it ok somehow...

Gosh, and when i murder someone, I'll use that very same logic in the knowledge it works for some reason......



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I wish George Bush was still around. Those N. Koreans would already be half way dea.., uh I mean free. Obama is such a puss.. he will probably invite Kim Jong to dinner, so he can apologize for the Korean war.


[edit on 5/25/2009 by justsomeboreddude]



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's way too late for anyone to do anything about N.K. nukes. The world let them develop nukes, and the world leaders all knew this was coming.

I don't understand how this is surprising to the US or other govs. And I really can't believe we or other governments did not know these tests were going to happen today.

I truly believe the US knew these tests were going to happen, they knew where and when. So why do they all act so surprised?

It's some kind of con game.

(And I also believe it's way too late to stop Iran, they were allowed to develop nukes too, but for some reason the US and other countries have to pretend they're trying to stop them and that they oppose them.)



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
To quote Lewis Black...



North Korea is where the monkeys from the wizard of oz came from!


Direct military intervention by the US of A would be like trying to pick a fight with a porcupine, not wise. Sure the US would win eventually but the cost of life would be too much for voters to take. The NK army would gladly fight to the death because if they dont they would be sent to a concentration camp along with all of their family and friends too.

Covert ops, how ever difficult a country NK is to infiltrate is still the preferred option, that and to persue any country that ties itself to the regime.

Its well known that the country has large stock piles of weaponised bio-chem, what would happen if an '___' was released during a national parade, could it be made to look like it was a internal incident? Is de-stablisation the answer?



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I would like to hear all ATS members from the past who covered the North Korea story when they told everyone that their Missile test was no one's business and what do these people think of it now?

If you remember that thread and now the signs of these international countries covering their tracks by lying to the world, it makes you think that maybe Iran is in the same light, all they are doing is buying the time.

America could have been wrong about Iraq, but what if now Korea and Iran will use that knowledge against humanity? Eitherway we wait and do nothing or act on it.

This is so Fkt Up- sorry but come on man this is 2009 some people are still living in past and they want to drag the stoneage back.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by The time lord]


I think your the one living in the past if you think nuclear proliferation can be stopped. I have absolutly no doubt Iran, N. Korea and every other country that wants true independence is doing everything in its power to aquire nuclear weapons, quite frankly if they want to survive in the long term they would be stupid not to be.

It's just progress, scary progress but progress nonetheless. The world only becomes more dangerous as technology progresses, that's just the way it is. It's not just nuclear tech, its nanotechnology, genetic manipulation, bio weapons, unmanned aerial vehicles , heck even scientific studies like the super collider are potentially dangerous. Does that mean that due to mans faults and violent nature that we are all doomed?

Well it might, but I think there is one thing you can be sure of - using violence to prevent possible violence has no chance of working.



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical
 



What if we just nuked them since they like testing nukes. I think they would be impressed by ours.

Nuke or no nuke, we could destroy that country in a few weeks tops. The N. Korean army



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
It's way too late for anyone to do anything about N.K. nukes. The world let them develop nukes, and the world leaders all knew this was coming.

I don't understand how this is surprising to the US or other govs. And I really can't believe we or other governments did not know these tests were going to happen today.

I truly believe the US knew these tests were going to happen, they knew where and when. So why do they all act so surprised?

It's some kind of con game.

(And I also believe it's way too late to stop Iran, they were allowed to develop nukes too, but for some reason the US and other countries have to pretend they're trying to stop them and that they oppose them.)


This is really no surprise to me either that they did this.

I wouldnt want to see war at all over this. There are to many civilian lives at stake in NK and SK over a few wack jobs in power in the north.

I woudnt be surprised at all if there is a "ride this out" approach taken to this situation.



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"World outraged by North Korea's latest nuke test"


SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- The U.N. Security Council called an emergency meeting Monday after world leaders reacted with outrage to North Korea's latest nuclear test.


This screen grab from North Korean television on April 9 shows leader Kim Jong Il in Pyongyang.

North Korea earlier said it had tested the weapon in an underground explosion, provoking an angry response from the world's governments.

It had threatened to conduct the test if the U.N. Security Council did not apologize for imposing sanctions on North Korea after it tested a rocket April 5.

CNN

Edited to include, Russia put the nuclear explosion @ between 10 and 20 KT.


[edit on 5/25/2009 by mrmonsoon]



posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek

This is really no surprise to me either that they did this.

I wouldnt want to see war at all over this. There are to many civilian lives at stake in NK and SK over a few wack jobs in power in the north.

I woudnt be surprised at all if there is a "ride this out" approach taken to this situation.


In my opinion there will never be a war over this. They'll be able to "test" nukes as much as they want and the US and other govs will just do a lot of whining, a lot of of rhetoric, and that's about all anyone can do.

Iran might be a little different, I could see a war over that situation, but I doubt it.




top topics



 
96
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join