It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
first off i seen alot of nonsense posted in this thread.

the usa has not tested or built a new nuclear weapon in 20 years.

1. japan wont do crap its not called the sdf for nothing they will never prempt anyone agian.

2. russia interests are in russia
3. china interests are in china altho china has been buying up alot of resources in other countries for years. they wont act now but there will come a day but its not now.

have you people forgotten why we still have troops at the 38th parallel???
helloooo technically we are still at war with the north.- its just noone was broke the peace treaty-or have they. a say an active nuke test/program is one but thats just my opinion.

to the geniuses crackin off fear mongering or war mongering.

everytime the president spoke this year it was crisis/catastrophe and after 130 days hey not a damn thing is any better now is it, and 3 more years it will be the same thing as it is today if they idiot gets elected for a second term it will still be that sameo.

north korea should make you take notice because any way you look at THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING

i say way to go kim jun il spend billions on your weapons,lets your people starve let them live in destitution so you can have your power trip.

store your nuclear waste in the town square and let your people die of radiation posioning-end sarcasm.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by neo67]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
More news on International reaction to N.K. nuclear bomb explosion.

The incident drew condemnation from Washington to Beijing and set the communist regime up for a showdown with the United Nations.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown condemned the test as a "danger to the world."

Russia's Foreign Ministry called it "a serious blow to international efforts" to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons.

French officials said they would push for new sanctions

even traditional Pyongyang ally China said it was "resolutely opposed" to the test

Comcast news

Seems no one is happy about this except N.K. and Iran.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Anyone who thinks the U.S. Air Force can not take just about every weapon that lil Kim has and wipe it out needs to think again. U.S. Marines also have tactical nukes at their disposal to wipe out the whole North Korean front lines should they start an attack on the south.

I think this will push Japan over the edge and they will begin building long and medium range nukes. They might also rapidly build an offensive force despite the long standing promise (Treaty)they made to us. All witch would cause China to poop an egg roll. However would we really care if a now great ally like Japan had a larger force. Lord knows they could help us out when push comes to shove.

China is has a very thinly foundated economy, it would be against them to get involved, especially if the US gets cut down, they would feel ripple harder than any of the super powers.

Japan on the other hand is basically an America across the sea's it would be quite interesting to see them shake a fist as they are allowed to only build "Defensive" forces...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Gee why would China oppose a country run by a lunatic having nuclear weapons. Why cant we all just get along

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Unconfirmedreport that N.K after testing a nuclear weapons and a short range misile/rocket (about 80 miles).

Also unconfirmed, is that N.K. also test a long range missile/rocket.

First testing a nuclear weapon then weapon delivery system...

[edit on 5/25/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe someone who has more knowledge about this stuff could help me figure something out.

Is it really possible that no one knew this was going to happen? Spy satellites couldn't detect anything, couldn't detect any signs of the enormous preparations needed to orchestrate an underground nuke test?

I'm not being sarcastic, I really am confused by this.

We have satellites that can show us pictures of our backyards, now wouldn't "spy satellites" be able to show more? We can detect elements in deep space, but we couldn't detect any signs that a nuke test was being prepared?

I find this very hard to believe, but maybe I just don't understand enough.

Any insight would be appreciated.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Electro38]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
China needs to handle this lunatic.

It is and always has been China's military power that allows NK to exist and is in fact a sort of DMZ along their border to protect against Western (US) imperialism. Remember when MacArthur wanted to nuke China after he had driven them back over the border?? I believe he was relieved of command for that idea.

Why does China allow this nut to play with nukes??? I think Kim might have finally gone too far for China...bad for business.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Maybe someone who has more knowledge about this stuff could help me figure something out.

Is it really possible that no one knew this was going to happen? Spy satellites couldn't detect anything, or couldn't detect the signs of the enormous preparations needed to orchestrate an underground nuke test?

I'm not being sarcastic, I really am confused by this.

We have satellites that can show us pictures of our backyards, now wouldn't "spy satellites" be able to show more? We can detect elements in deep space, but we couldn't detect any signs of these nuke tests.

I find this very hard to believe, but maybe I just don't understand enough.

Any insight would be appreciated.

this is why you dont want liberals in power intelligence and military cuts
and they probably knew the analysts where shoved aside because the real information isnt politically advantageous.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by neo67]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Russia has confirmed to the United Nations that there was a nuclear test and then a test of three short range missiles later in the day; at the same site where they had previously tested the long range one.

Having a "long range missile" test in there may be a misprint of the Intel given to the UN. It was the "site" where they had tested the previous long range missile.

Originally posted by Electro38

Is it really possible that no one knew this was going to happen? Spy satellites couldn't detect anything, or couldn't detect the signs of the enormous preparations needed to orchestrate an underground nuke test?

We would have easily seen the small missile test and the prep on the launch pad if we had satellites in the area. The "under ground" test would have been much harder to detect until it was most likely to late anyway. Most of the nuclear detection equip is centered on/over the USA right now anyway.
Now it may have some shifted over that way or perhaps a series of high altitude fly overs to test for radiation and how far it is or can be spread from the initial test. Only time will tell and we will only hear about the results in the MSM if it is a minimal threat anyway.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

N. Korea is just trying to get the public eye on themselves, or they're seriously planning a near-future attack.

I honestly believe that there is some sort of conspiracy involved here. Aren't we doing the same sort of testing that the media just isn't covering? Or is this a covert plan to set up WWIII, with North Korea being the big bully against 'rouge' America.

Either shoot the missle, or shut up.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by undefy.gravity]

link   
Although I agree as people have stated that these counties like Iran and Korea are at a stage of progress, the stress on it is that they have bitter enemies next to them like South Korea. Was this needed or is it going to stir up tension when none was needed. Iran says its all about peace and yet what happens when they speak about their new Messiah has been discovered and he will come at a time of war. These are fanatic minded societies, let’s have Pakistan next with the Swat armies taking charge and let them have nuclear weapons, its not a good idea all in all.

Look at when America and Russia were in mid development, that never went down smoothly, all it takes is hesitation and some fanatical points of view for these so called progressed societies to play with these big weapons.

Although America should but out, I think without the civilised countries the rest of the world is in more chaos, even if Police State America is playing big brother. It looks that way but is that just the deception of it all and some of us fall for it?

link   
Great news for the world - another country that is able to defend its borders against the elites global agenda - another enemy of the controllers.

The media witch hunt against Nth Korea has people falling over themselves in terror from a country that has been sanctioned to death (literally - starving them out) by the global elites - but has just kept on going, determined to defend its own borders from the slavery.

Well done Nth Korea - now come over to the West and bomb some Bush's, Cheney's, Rumsfield's, Rockerfellers, Morgans and Rothschilds please - unfortunately for us they won't, but they are to be applauded for their courage and determination to defend their state.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Fair enough and thanks for the conformation.

I was unclear as to the long range test.

Frankly, I have not read it was "three" short range tests on the same day.

May I please ask for a link to that source so I can more fully read up on it.

Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

The incident drew condemnation from Washington to Beijing and set the communist regime up for a showdown with the United Nations.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown condemned the test as a "danger to the world."

Russia's Foreign Ministry called it "a serious blow to international efforts" to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons.

even traditional Pyongyang ally China said it was "resolutely opposed" to the test

Comcast news

Oh - the 'free press' - well, of course they never lie and have everyone's interests at heart. They aren't at all totally controlled lying pieces of crap that want to distort every fact.

Wake up - if it says its bad news in the press, you can be sure its the opposite.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Great news for the world - another country that is able to defend its borders against the elites global agenda - another enemy of the controllers.

The media witch hunt against Nth Korea has people falling over themselves in terror from a country that has been sanctioned to death (literally - starving them out) by the global elites - but has just kept on going, determined to defend its own borders from the slavery.

Well done Nth Korea - now come over to the West and bomb some Bush's, Cheney's, Rumsfield's, Rockerfellers, Morgans and Rothschilds please - unfortunately for us they won't, but they are to be applauded for their courage and determination to defend their state.

You are painfully misinformed on countries abilities.

If the US wanted, it could vaporize all of N.K. with a single ship/sub.

There would be no need for invasion and frankly, no need to put planes near or over N.K.

We are more than capable of putting a few missiles up and have them do the work.

That said, N.K. does not want to defend itself.

That much is clear.

If you fear other countries attacking/nuking/invading, you "DON"T" constantly saber rattle and otherwise do everything in your power to get anouther country to distroy you.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It’s amazing that so many Americans here seem to be horrified, panicky and terrified at the possibility of North Korea letting loose their nuclear missiles on American cities. Accepted that North Korea has enough plutonium for making 5-10 nuclear bombs having nominal yields of + - 20 KT, but they lack the delivery systems necessary for reaching mainland America – neither aircraft nor missiles. Take a look at the reaches of the various missiles in their inventory:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a9cc2142465.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy: fas.org

At present there is no imminent danger. However, in the not too distant future, probably in a decade from now, they could achieve this capability and therefore the absolute necessity to approach the problem in a comprehensive manner by not only applying sanctions but also engaging them in meaningful talks. Treating them as outcasts of the international community is not going to produce any tangible results.

Chemical Warfare

It’s not only the nuke threat that we should guard against, but also a fairly advanced Chemical warfare program in operation since the early 80s. North Korea has intensified and expanded its chemical warfare program as part of its military preparedness plan and is now capable of producing large quantities of nerve, blister, and blood chemical warfare agents.

Biological Warfare

North Korea began to emphasize an offensive biological warfare program during the early 1960s and has the facilities for producing biological products and micro-organisms, and has the capability to produce a fair quantity of infectious biological warfare agents or toxins, and biological weapons.

Instead of a nuclear warhead, a biological or chemical one could be as lethal. But no one seems to be taking notice of this.

And who’s to blame for this sorry state of affairs? The CIA and Pakistan! For those of you who want to know the whys and how’s, here’s a thread that’ll give you the background of what will surely rank as one of the greatest conspiracies:

The Great Nuclear Conspiracy: Benazir Bhutto Carried Nuke Secrets To North Korea!

Cheers!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Comcast news

Oh - the 'free press' - well, of course they never lie and have everyone's interests at heart. They aren't at all totally controlled lying pieces of crap that want to distort every fact.

Wake up - if it says its bad news in the press, you can be sure its the opposite.

Well, what news source do you like/believe???

Irans terrorst times???

Al jihad news????

For what it may be worth to you, this same new has been posted by all major news agencies across the world.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes, well done N. Korea for thoroughly starving and oppressing your people all for the cause of making nukes and remaining in the stone age. Those people aren't enslaved by their own government, no. They chose to live like cave people.

Very well done.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike, most of the time I agree with you, but this time you dropped the ball, badly.

Personally, I am not overly concerned about a N.K. missile being able to reach the us, much less with a nuclear payload.

I "AM" concerned about N.K. giving nuclear weapons to terrorist groups who would happily bring it to the US or it's allies and explode it.

Also, giving it to a muslium terrorist group to use on Israel which "would" respond back with nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
China needs to handle this lunatic.

It is and always has been China's military power that allows NK to exist and is in fact a sort of DMZ along their border to protect against Western (US) imperialism. Remember when MacArthur wanted to nuke China after he had driven them back over the border?? I believe he was relieved of command for that idea.

Why does China allow this nut to play with nukes??? I think Kim might have finally gone too far for China...bad for business.

Sheesh - you really think China DONT want NKorea to have nukes? When in fact they do everything short of handing them nukes?

Come on - wake up - China is happy to have a nuclear armed Nth Korea - its a way of buffering themselves to the south against US intrusion - they must be giving each other high fives in Bejing and laughing their asses off.

China is not your enemy, neither is North Korea, Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan - your enemy is in your own country - the more countries there are that stand up and tell the controllers and imperialists to GFTS's, the better the world is going to be - and hopefully the more that will inspire Western countries to wake up and realise their enemies are the guys that are sending THEIR sons to foreign wars of profit against peaceful nations using false flag operations and media propaganda.

What part of YOUR MEDIA IS FULL OF CRAP don't people understand. Everything they tell you is a lie - every enemy they portray is false.

Have people really sucked down the whole 911 was a bunch of 19 Muslim crazies who hate America's freedoms bull#? Your own govt blew up the WTC so it could launch the Iraq war - and everything - EVERYTHING the media portrays has a reason, and is skewed or a total lie.

Wake up - your only true enemies in the entire world are the guys who are either in your govt, or controlling your govt who are sending you into poverty so you can be better controlled.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join