It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by neo67

The US still guards the border of South Korea I believe.. It will be difficult for a full fledged invasion (If they have the capability!) to get through. South Korea is not a weak country like they were during the Korean war. They have US aid now, and they are far more prosperous and likely well armed than North Korea could hope to be, since North Korea is a poor country. The only thing they have over the South Koreans is the ability to force any citizen into combat that they want.

yeah they are still there but us artillery agianst a nuke? common you know who the winner will be.

add the fact they had over 50 years to plan an invasion. there are tunnels under the dmz not to mention spec ops that blended in with the sk populace.

if there ever comes that day sk will fall its a given. i admit they may not be as weak as they were in the past but they are still weak.

they would probably fall fall in a week if not a day.

wish macCarthur was still alive he drove them all the way to the chinese border then thats pretty much when china said hell no and got involved.

altho mac did wanna use nukes himself so maybe its not a good thing hes here.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by neo67]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
N. Korea has all those "secret" underground tunnels from the North to the South too, for all we know they could be sneakin south of the border as we speak! haha

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekter
N. Korea has all those "secret" underground tunnels from the North to the South too, for all we know they could be sneakin south of the border as we speak! haha

dude that reminds me of a movie i watched along time ago heres the scenario

nk spec ops use the underground tunnels under the dmz sneak in the seoul plant a suticase nuke in the sewer system in key places set to go off at the push of a button.

boooooom no more seoul.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Does anyone here know why they did it or what they want?
Or was it just a test to show their strength?
Based upon why they did it will probably dictate America/S Koreas response.
With the Great Appeaser in office, we'll probably back down and Obama will blame G Bush for N Korea's action anyway.

What fascinates me more than anything else about this whole situation is that I'm still getting more info HERE than I am via MSM.

Keep up the good work ATS'ers!!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nothing better then being awaken from a nice relaxing holiday weekend with the wife and kids, with a nuke rudely awakening me by the great North Koreans who hate my existence.

So the UN allows them to test ballistic missiles a few months ago. Now he is testing his Nukes, when is the UN gonna wake up? The Problem with North Korea having nukes is this has really never happened since Stalin, and Stalin had some sense, a dictator with nukes means if he got drunk one night and felt like hurling a nuke to oh say L.A or Beijing, or say Seoul. He can.. Again I'll put my chips on the fact the UN will once again do nothing.. I am surprised that everyone in the World expects the USA, to do something about this as usual. This love hate relationship is really getting old..

happy Memorial day fellow Americans.. Hope all is well..

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Adrifter]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If NK is put under further sanctions, they may be tempted to sell their weapons to the highest bidder regardless of their affiliation or intention.

Kim is more shrewder than he may come across, but he sure is reckless at times. He knows that the only reason he has gotten away with things thus far is due to China's backing. Of course one failed missile test in the wrong direction and China would be about as happy as Japan is right now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Sheesh - you really think China DONT want NKorea to have nukes? When in fact they do everything short of handing them nukes?

Come on - wake up - China is happy to have a nuclear armed Nth Korea - its a way of buffering themselves to the south against US intrusion - they must be giving each other high fives in Bejing and laughing their asses off.

NK was/is a client state of China. Do you think China wants some mental case waving nukes around at most favored trading partners?

I don't think China would be happy to be dragged into a nuclear war by NK.

China is a modern state completely capable of defending NK if necessary (they have lots of missiles and modern nukes) it is not necessary for NK to possess nukes.

I perceive China as a responsible state. But I cannot say the same for desperate NK. China has already condemned the act publicly and I believe they are sincere and will support UN action. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Kim disappeared or developed a sudden heart condition courtesy of Beijing.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think the right thing to do would be to cut off all the food and fuel aid that North Korea receives from the rest of the world. Then when all the people start to REALLY starve and freeze this winter, then maybe they will overthrow the crazy little man!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Let me throw this out, who ssays Lil' Kim is still in power?
If it's one of his generals or his son, then we might be moving that doomsday clock up just a wee bit.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

That is the most reasonable response on this thread
No bias just common sense.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Good point, this also brings us onto the post-kim situation. He has yet to publically announce a successor to his thrown however I would imagine that someone in China must have a fair idea of who that may be right now. It certainly wouldnt be in China's interests to have a power struggle in North Korea.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I say drop a bomb where he lives and turn it into rubble.

Also, the Military has been working on jamming devices. If Obama hasn't tried to cut of funding I say try it out on North Korea.

This is the problem with Obama and liberals. They lack judgment. Sometimes things are black & white and you can't reason and look for a middle ground in these situations.

It comes down to this. Is democracy, freedom and liberty better than tyranny and dictatorship?

You have to do everything you can to protect liberty because these men wish to control the souls of man.

The thing that scares me is Obama's adherence to liberalism, weak Europeans and international law.

Obama talks about the international community and the U.N. and the truth is they will not say anything except their very angry at North Korea.

When International law conflicts with the safety of Americans than an elected President has to carry out his first and main duty which is the protection of America.

The logical end to this liberal way of thinking is it's better to live up to their pie in the sky view of reality even if it means we get blown to bits.

Kim Jong-Il could care less about International law and American values.

This is why the founders of this country gave the President extraordinary powers during war time. This is because they knew it was more important to protect the country and apologize later.

Liberals put International Law ahead of the Constitution. International law is worthless against people like Kim Jong-Il, Ahmadinejad and the terrorist.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by platosallegory]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hate these planet of the Apes like worship of these Missiles it's so boys got toys running around like toy soldiers, I would be ashamed if the UK did a show in public of how big a rocket they have got it's so man like with his hard on mentality, it's in our genes and in our nature it seems to feel proud of erecting bombs in the air.

Its 2009 increase the peace.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just:

Good idea, however...
Little kimmy already takes all or most food/other aid and uses it for his army, not civilians as it was intended. So, in reality, what you suggested is happening and has been for a number of years now.

Mike:

That is an excellent possibility that i had not really thought of.
Either the case, N.K.'s crazed lkeader, little kimmy or not is a problem that must one day be delt with.

the longer we wait to do it, the higher the cost will be.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i say someone needs to use a nuke again 2 were used and for 60=plus years later they have never been used agian but men still seek their power.

someone nuke someone show them the evil-the horror so common sense will come back to us-if we ever had it to begin with.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Then when all the people start to REALLY starve and freeze this winter, then maybe they will overthrow the crazy little man!

People there are already *really starving*.

And how can you overthrow a government when you can't eat?

Just sayin...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Then when all the people start to REALLY starve and freeze this winter, then maybe they will overthrow the crazy little man!

People there are already *really starving*.

And how can you overthrow a government when you can't eat?

Just sayin...

Well how can you fight a war with any other country if you dont have any people to fight it for you? How do you feed your troops if you dont have people to farm? How do you pay to build nuclear missles if you dont have citizens to rob?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Jeez, what does a country have to do to get libirated these days?

North Korea has:-

1. Chemical Weapons
  2. Bio Weapons
  3. Nuclear Weapons
  4. Waged war on the South previously
  5. Attempted or indeed has exported WMD technology to Iran
  6. Test launced missles over Japan
  7. Kidnapped Japanese citizens
  8. Brainwashes it's own citizens from birth
  9. Has concentration camps for its own citizens (branded traitors)
  10. Tests bio-chem weapons on its own citizens in prisons
  11. Starved its own citizens while its dear leader grows fat
  12. Takes pride in ignoring international condemnation
  13. Breached numerous human rights
  14. Stuck up its middle finger in America's direction

Now im sure that if its wasnt for the soviet take over after WW2, things would have turned out differently, but this list of 'achievments' is all they have to show to the world.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by freeradical]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If another country fired a nuclear weapon at the US or UK tomorrow, what would happen?
There wouldn't be an immediate attack on the launching nation, there would be emergency meetings and defence discussions. There would be forming of allegiances and a rallying of allies. But most importantly, most nations would probably refrain from returning nuclear fire because of the fear of exacerbating the conflict into a true Armageddon, with several nations all jumping in to defend their interests.

The US has the long range bombers and cruse missiles with conventional warheads to pound a country for weeks till they decide what they want to do.

If all your military bases, radars, ships and C3 are turned into junk the US has plenty of time to plan what to do next.

The only time the US would retaliate with nukes would be at a country that is close to military equal to the US like China or Russia.

With cruise missiles fired from ships, B2s, B52s, we could pound a country for weeks without putting a plane over enemy territory.

The US navy has 4 Tomahawk cruise missile strike subs (SSGN)s with 154 missiles each.
We have bases in japan that we can use to reload within 48 hours.
en.wikipedia.org...

We could pound NK with 154 cruise missiles every night for weeks,
and never put a plane in harms way. and we could start with NK nuke sites and missile launch sites.

Only after we run out of cruise missiles would we have to use B2s and B52s with conventional smart bombs to finish pounding them.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Star for you my friend. Also I am sure there is a protocol in place in the event we get nuked that doesnt include having a bunch of meetings to decide what to do next. I bet whoever nuked us would be glass within a few hours at most.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join