It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your dreams, and being on the astral plane.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A few night ago I dremt, as I entered the scene I was apparently in a basement unfinished basement of a house. and I was looking towards the ceiling at a fire that was burning on the wall where it meets the ceiling. The strangest thing occurs. The fire tried to communicate with me as I looked at it for just a moment, it must have been an elemental, anyhow the fire gave me the feeling as though I was conversating with it for a while and I was not mistaken it was spewing lies; my reaction was to check if anybody was up stairs there was and I tried to get them to leave, their reaction, by their I am meaning my eldest cousin and his parted mother as his guide, was kneeling an praying to a bright star that was far out but still bright and visible from the window. I went back down stairs and the original fire wasn't there only replaced by a bigger fire. I knew this wasn't the original fire because it didn't play tricks on my dream mind. As I realised that the fire was getting bigger I woke up, hah, only to do as I do as I'm awake, so I'm not dreaming the dream only dreaming now.

I didn't struggle with it as I read others have (dreaming inside a dream) but there was family around and I know it was officially the first time my fiance has been in a dream with me. short of anything fancy I only thought I rebring this to my attention and post because I don't think I've ever been un-conscious in a dream before.

one thing that I can think that could have possibly sparked this dream, which occured in the late am, is the night before my fiance and I had a campfire and I was inadvertainly channeling my energy to the fire, if I flicked my hand the fire popped, if i snapped a finger a pice would fall off the fire, little syncronicities, but the bigger player I think is that I have a knack for making orbs, with my hands, and This time I made an orb but only more elaborate, I made the shape of a trinity and it was yellow and covered in flames my fiance saw it too. the coolest thing I've seen in a while. I soon after packed up my things and waited for the fire to ember to head home for more sleep to which this intriguingly odd dream transpired.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
ok i cannot sleep so i will try and describe a few dreams i have had that are weird.

ok i first had this at about age 17 (im now 23) and have had it several times since.

1) in my dream im sat up in bed and im talking to a woman called ''moon'' but i cannot see her at all just my dark room with the moonlight shining through,i talk to her about problems and the reason i know her name is i asked her the first time i ever had the dream.

one thing that stands out is the fact i can feel and see a silver chain around my neck whilst im talking to her,the dreams are not scary or anything but i dont make a habit of telling people as it is a tad weird.

ok second dream i have alot (almost weekly) is bloody scary
and i wake up having it so it's kind of not really a dream i

2) i wake up to see a spider clear as day coming towards my face with its creepy legs moving and it gets closer i hit out at it only for it to fade away near my face.

had this for years now and it still freaks me out.

this third recurring dream involve's me killing someone.

3) im being chased through a house by someone intending to hurt/kill me or my family members so i decide to kill this person and then go on the run from the persons friends or the police.

ok not very exciting but i have had it occuring for years now.

ok i will throw this last one in while im here i have this quite often too it involves me in a fight with someone but as hard as i try and hit them my arms either feel like lead weights and i cant lift them or if i lift them it is like im hitting the person with cotton wool on impact,i hate this dream with a passion.

maybe not exciting dreams but there you go

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
well some that are that i have had since i was about in 6th grade was me in the middle of the parking lot and seeing a bomb (nuclear) and it exploded and i literally watched my sould deviate from my body....ive had others like this in dif places though. then in another dream i had i cant explain in detail since its been quite a few years but i remember a huge ship like a mother ship i guess is the only thing i can compare it to and being in a few different countries at once....i know strange but it felt as if there was nothing wrong with it. then after having a few of these kinds of dreams they stopped for awhile...well they began again since ive moved up where im at now before i began getting into all this ufo stuff altho ive been a believer since i was 6. i again had a dream just last night about seeing a missile flying in the night sky and then a few min later going into a sim but dif dream....if anyone can explain what relvence this has because i think it does to me id really appc it alot....thank you U2U me preferably

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tumache

Well I'm glad you finally had a dream about your fiance. I love it when my husband is with me in dreams.
It is always good to have a familiar energy with you! Maybe this will help interpet the dream for you....

Basement
To dream that you are in a basement, symbolizes your unconscious mind and intuition. The appearance of the basement is an indication of your unconscious state of mind and level of satisfaction.�It represents primal urges, animalistic desires and basic needs. The dream may also be metaphor for "abasement" or being "debased". Are you feeling humbled or unworthy?

Fire
Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolize destruction, passion, desire, illumination, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. It may suggest that something old is passing and something new is entering into your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. In particular, if the fire is under control or contained in one area, then it is a metaphor of your own internal fire and inner transformation. It also represents your drive, motivation, and creative energy. Alternatively, the dream may be warning you of your dangerous or risky activities. You are literally "playing with fire".

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Some of the best dreams i can remember are so fantastic there very hard to discribe.I have full control in my dreams and if i see something turning bad i take action or i just wake my self up.I guess alot of people may find that hard to beleive but some people can relise they are dreaming and wake them selfs up.Some times very strange things have happened to me at night.Five nights in a row i would wake up and look at my clock.it was the same time every night.3.33 am in the morning.Thats number for me for some strange reason repersents evil.I will try to give you a exsample of one of my dreams.I am flying though space and time across many worlds looking at beautiful places swimming in warm waters with a loverly perfume sent in the air.I am sorrounded by my blue alien friends and there is food and drink everywhere.Swimming in the heated waters of oranga du under the presence of a purple sun in twilight.The sounds of the morani in the distance are faint to the smell of the jaridie garb plants.In the faint pinkish mist the burdos buzz about and light the twlight.The music is soft and sweet and peace is every where.Azelda runs her fingers though her long black hair as the mori pass by in sheer delight.The delighted taste of
grabbai and mio ,no pain just pleasure forever.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I really like your dream about "Moon" sounds nice and peaceful.

As for dreaming about spiders....

To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck. To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

I have A LOT of dreams about being chased as well, but they are all different...Hope this helps!

Chase dreams is one of several common dream themes. As with most of the common dreams, they often stem from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. Running is an instinctive response to physical threats in your environment. In these dreams, you can be pursued by an attacker, an animal or an unknown figure, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. In turn, you run, hide or try to outwit your pursuer. Your actions in the dream parallel how you respond to pressure and cope with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, you are running away and avoiding it. Ask yourself who is the one chasing you so that you can gain understanding and insight on the source of your fears and anxieties.

The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can assume the appearance of threatening figure. The shadowy figure can also symbolize rejected characteristics of your self. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a chase dream, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. Perhaps you are running away from something. What are you trying to run from?

If you are the one doing the chasing, then the dream may highlight your drive and ambition to go after something you want. Or perhaps the dream suggests that you are falling behind and having to catch up with everyone else.

Consider the distance or gap between you and your pursuer. This indicates your closeness to the issue. If the pursuer is gaining on you, then it suggests that the problem is not going to go away. The problem will surround you until you confront and address it. However, if you are able to widen the gap between your pursuer, then the problem is becoming less and less of an issue. You are able to successful distance yourself from the problem. In essence, the problem is fading away.

A more direct analysis of chase dreams is the fear of being attacked. Such dreams are more common among women than men, who may feel physically vulnerable in the urban environment. These dreams are inspired by fears of violence and sexual assault in which we are so over-exposed from the media, which magnifies such fears.

dreammoods.com...

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
A real vivid and pretty unusual dream I had a few nights ago left me scratching my head. Okay, So this is how it goes: I was by one of those RV's that you drive, not the kind you tow, in a desert type landscape which was very flat and pretty barren and off the beaten path. I was outside enjoying the peace and solitude, and the landscape, when all the sudden three dogs I heard coming because they were pretty far out of view at first, but you could hear them growling, and they were approaching me; as they got closer they were three tannish dogs and in my mind they word came for their species, it was dingos, but I have never seen one before or knew what they looked like. I checked online and they were indeed dingos. Anyway they were approaching still and I was not really very frightened as I knew that I was inside a dream then they started to talk or I understood their growling or it was telepathic, I am not sure but they said that if I wasn't scared and didn't run away, that they would surely harm me, dream or not, and so I ran to the RV and hid by the window and then the growling stopped and the three dogs turned into shadowy figures of about 10 or 11 ft tall and I looked out of the windown and up but could not see any of their features. Then I woke up going "WTF was that about????"

It still makes me laugh cause it was so absurd!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You sure dream about animals a lot! I'm seeing a pattern here.

Animals

To see animals in your dream, represents your own physical characteristic, primitive desires, and sexual nature, depending on the qualities of the particular animal. Animals symbolizes the untamed and uncivilized aspects of yourself. Thus, to dream that you are fighting with an animal signifies a hidden part of yourself that you are trying to reject and push back into your subconscious. Refer to the specific animal in your dream.

To dream that animals can talk, represents superior knowledge. Its message is often some form of wisdom.� Alternatively, a talking animal denotes your potential to be all that you can be.

Dog

To see a dog in your dream, indicate a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it signifies some inner conflict within yourself. It may indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness. If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts.

If the dog is barking ferociously, then it represents your habit of making demands on people and controlling situations around you. It could also mean unfriendly companions.

www.dreammoods.com...

I looked for a dingo, but could not find anything. I figured that a dog would be the closest thing.
As for them turning into shadow people, that is creepy. And not a very good sign IMHO. Here is something that might make some sense to you.

To see a shadowy figure in your dream, represents aspects of this figure which you have not acknowledged or incorporated into your own personality. Alternatively, it symbolizes the young, the helpless or the under-developed.

Let me know if any of this makes sense to you.....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

Well it does make some sense to me as I was thinking I would start trying to access my psychic abilities more actively, ie a talent I had that I need to activate again. Also I feel betrayed alot...my SO has cheated several times and the THREE kids we have together are the only reason I stayed, because I didn't think I was strong enough to make it on my own with three kids. So maybe that's what it signifies, that I need to integrate my strength and animal instinct. And also, I beleive, my higher knowledge and psychic ability; maybe it's just simply telling me to beleive in my ability and it will activate again... I have had the impression that he is again cheating, but I refuse to take any steps to following up. Maybe that is what the dream wants me to do?

Oh BTW it isn't at all odd for me to dream about animals, as I am very into the natural world and have a strong affinity for many animals. My son's middle name is Francisco, for St. frances, the patron saint of animals!

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I completely agree with you. Especially since there were three dogs in your dream signifying your three kids. Good job! I think that is exactly what it means! I do think that you need to get in touch with you psychic abilities again, I think that it will be good for you. I think that all of us are becoming more aware, and in tune with our higher selves. And so the next step of your journey begins....

Also the running back inside the RV from the dogs could mean....you running away from the truth. (Thinking that he is cheating again) Gosh I hope not, because I HATE cheaters!
If I were you I would look more into what he is doing. Especially since you have a family together.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my dreams,i found the interpretations quite interesting i will keep them in mind next time i have them,acually i had the spider one last night again so thats an interesting one

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've had a dream that has been with me for over twenty + years. I have had the dream only once. I have never had a dream on this topic ever again or prior. I believe it was more than a dream because it was to me real. Real is the best I can describe it because it was well beyond even my most real of dreams. It was as real as me sitting here typing this.

I am reluctant to write this even now. I have only told one person ever about this dream.

I was laying in bed early morning and was lifted through the house and possibly 200 ft above the driveway, above the house. I looked around in awe floating there watching the sun rise. I could here the sounds of the early morning, could feel the cool breeze, the warmth of the sun. The view at that heighth of the entire countryside was exact. After a few minutes experiencing this beautiful event, I became to believe that I had died.

But it was so peaceful. Now here is where it gets real. Before me floating in the air thirty or so feet away a figure approached me. Through a cloud alluminated by the sun, appearing in front of me floating was what I knew immediately at the moment was Jesus.

Here I must state that I am not a religious man. Our family never went to church growing up although we had faith.

He had long white robe, bare feet, long flowing hair. He began talking to me, outreached in his hands was a baby.

Now the morning light was shining through the scattered white clouds producing long shadow type beams in the sky. I was floating and facing due East, while He was talking to me. I knew this because looking down at my house I could easily view my direction. The sun was rising more in the southern eastern sky. The rays of sunlight shot through some clouds and had cast a perfect image of the Statue Of Liberty. This would have been in an exact B-line toward New York City.

I felt at the time it was a message. By then my heart was pounding and I woke as if I was slammed into bed and woke up in a startle in a complete pool of sweat as though I had just stepped out of the shower. I thought my heart was going to explode. I went outside. The morning was exactly how I had dreamed? I did not get the whole verbal message. Over the years I have forgotten all of the words. There was a date and year attached to this message that I remembered for years but it has faded.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

You had an Out of body experience and Jesus had somethng important to tell you, that's why he had you meet him in that experience. Sylvia Browne says that these types of OBE's are very much how you have described it. So real; and the part about being snapped back into your body, very much a common occurence with this type of OBE. Even down to the part where you thought you were dead. I beleive he may have told you of his planned return, maybe you are even a part of bringing him into this world? I don't know just a theory really. You'll remember when the event occurs, you will feel it like a deja vu of sorts, it'll suddenly come back into your concious mind.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

Thank you so much for sharing, I know it must have been hard since you have only told one person. What a great out of body experience, I bet it was beautiful.
People have these things all the time it is nothing to be embarrassed about, now you know it is real. Some people would LOVE to experience what you did, consider yourself lucky.

Here is a bit of reading for you!

Out of Body Experience - What is it?
An "out of body experience" (OBE) can be defined as the process of transiently separating the consciousness (spirit) from the physical body, such that the person and world are observed from outside of the body. OBE's are also known as astral projections. There are several ways people perceive an out of body experience, including dreams, daydreams, and memories. People have reported having out of body experiences while under the influence of drugs or induced by some sort of trauma, as well as near death experiences. Astral projection is taught through books, the internet, and religious techniques. An out of body experience is said to be clearer than a dream or daydream. Those who practice astral projections claim that their senses are enhanced, allowing them to see and feel with more clarity and without physical constraint. The origins of out of body experiences are unknown. However, OBE's have been practiced for many years in several different cultures. The New Age Movement is widely known for promoting and using this practice.

Out of Body Experience - Why Do People Seek It?
Out of body experiences are sought after by those who desire knowledge or power in the spiritual realm, endeavor to help people, are curious, or want to be entertained. In some cases, people actually seek OBE's to cause harm to others. For the most part, an out of body experience is desired for a spiritual reason, such as reaching a higher level of consciousness or enlightenment.

Out of Body Experience - What Does the Bible Teach Us?
According to some, out of body experiences are said to be justified in the Bible, citing several scriptures. Unfortunately, those interpretations have been taken out of context or they fail to address the culture of that time. In the Bible, an out of body experience is regarded as an occult practice. The greatest evidence against OBE is that God's people didn't "perform" them. In all of the scriptures mentioning "in the spirit" or "caught up in the spirit," the people didn't seek to have an out of body experience. Instead, God came to specific people, revealing specific things for a specific purpose. These events occurred to glorify God and reveal His love for His people. The people did not seek to have an out of body experience for personal gain or to get clarity about the world or God.

I put the Bible one in there for you because you said Jesus was with you. Hope that explains some things for you!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have a friend that I know who is in hospital atm. Sse is about 13 and went on hunger strike when her parents split. She is slowly getting better.
I had a dream in which I met her and was helping unblock her dreams. I was aware in the dream that I was dreaming.
Its hard to explain it really

kx

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Hummm....I need a little more detail of the dream to be able to interpret it. But if you knew you were in the dream, then it was a lucid dream.

Lucid Dreaming – Knowing you’re in a dream

Once we can remember our dreams by day, the next step in working with dreams is being able to tell you’re in them while you’re asleep and dreaming. Most of us go through dreams thinking they’re real, or maybe not thinking anything at all, just experiencing. Often we have a sensation of disorientation when waking when we suddenly realize that what we were just doing, feeling, or thinking isn’t real, the situation is actually nothing like that, and the wonderful or terrible thing that was just happening fades into oblivion. Profound relief or disappointment can follow, or just a sense of puzzlement.

Remembering your dreams, and especially the part where you consciously experience the state between dreaming and waking, starts to blur the lines between the two states and allows for more exercise of consciousness while dreaming. You don’t have to do anything special to make this happen, it just does. On the other hand, if you’re in a hurry to get better at it, there may be some things you can do to improve this skill.

Start with a recurring dream, as these are ones you are most likely to be able to recognize while you’re in them. Whether good or bad, these can be used for practice. If used with a nightmare, it may help you eventually “cure” them, or learn to deal with them effectively. If used with a nicer dream, you may eventually be able to direct your experience in that dream and enjoy it more fully.

Pick out a detail or two to focus on that is always or almost always a part of the dream. It helps if it’s a nonsensical detail, something that couldn’t happen in daily life. Before you go to bed each night, preferably when you are relaxed and approaching dreamstate, tell yourself that if you see that detail in a dream, you will know you are in a dream and that what you are experiencing isn’t real. Make that detail a trigger and imagine your consciousness coming on line as soon as you see that part of your dream. Actually see yourself in the dream realizing that it is a dream and having full awareness of that fact.

While it may not work the very first time, keep reinforcing this idea each night before you go to bed. When you wake up and are working on remembering your dreams, note details of them that could have triggered a realization that this is a dream and not real (something that couldn’t be true or wouldn’t be happening in “real” life).

Eventually, you will have your first realization that you are in a dream. It may be a bit frustrating at first, because initially it can be hard to do anything with this except observe the dream with a different state of consciousness. Making the dream do anything different can be difficult at first, particularly if it is a dream with well-ingrained pathways in your mind. Trust that eventually it can be done, and at least enjoy the realization that you’ve succeeded in this step. Don’t forget to write down this aspect of your dream when you wake up!

By shadowmeteresa

shadowmeteresa.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
ty 4 ur reply i will i thought lucid dreams were dreams u control. I have dreams sometimes in which i know i am dreaming but i dont have any control over them. I will try and prectise a bit more.

I get this really weird thing when i am sleeping sometimes. It is hard to explain. It is like a vibration, electricity and sound in my head. I can kind off control it and make it louder if it want to. I can make is so loud it seems like i am going to explode. It is not really a dream altough it only happens when i am asleep. I know it is a little off topic... but any ideas?
kx

[edit on 24-7-2009 by purplemer]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have wrote this once tonight like four hours ago but it got deleted by accidental clicking, anyways
I have an odd possible co-incidence.
The early morn and sub-sequent dream I had about a trinity appearing of vesper the fire and latter my dream of an evil communicating fire. well four days later there was three wildfires in the same region within 100 km of eachother and on was within2 miles of burningdown a full city, of which my grandpa resides. atm there is a fire raging well over 1000 hectares and its only 20% contained the others closer to the city are smoldering, the thing that gets me is that the fire the first time around was talking negatively and it wasn't burning the house down until I walked out on it and returned. co-incidence, quite possible. super natural, maybe, ethreal i faintly decline to sway towards

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hmm, I haven't remembered a dream for about a week bronwyn

When I did last have a dream, it was very vivid and colourful, and there were certain characters who stood out to me. One being a late twenties tall asian woman with harsh features (sharp cheekbones, angled nose and chiseled lips). I met her at what resembled a customer service desk, where there were other similar asian women, in uniforms like used by most airlines. It was inside some facility nestled in the mountains next to the sea; it was a tropical setting. No runway that I can remember! But I did stare at her for a while and she was so vivd, I can still remember her face. Does she have some significance to me in any way?

That week I had a dream like this every night, though this one stood out. Nothing since

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This morning I finally had a dream that didn't involve animals...lol. I dreamt that I was pregnant(Am not able to get pregnant anymore as I have had my tubes cut and burned), and I was due in eight months so I was a month along. Oddly, in this dream it was my neighbor who can still have children who said she had a tubal and couldn't have any more pregnancies. Also, much like my actual last child, I was told that the baby was further in development than one month, which was evident anyway As I already was showing full belly!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join